Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited September 2020
    Responses to stories:

@Lyrie aww, the toddlers are so cute! I actually never really adopted in-game children in the sims because I'm obsessed with sims genetics but I should really try that sometime! Rainbow is so sweet. I love the shot with her playing in the pile of leafs. Also, regarding the food quality - I'm pretty sure littlemssam has a mod for excellent food quality but I may be wrong.

@Lucy_Henley oooh, a crush! :smirk: Well he sure looks like a nice guy! And aw, Ellie as a ghost is sad and cute at the same time.

@Daephene oh noo, poor kitty :( The grim reaper is so hilarious :D I can imagine him watching those horror movies an being like "nope, nope, they got it all wrong, these people know nothing about how death works!" What a wonderful love day <3

@Daravi welcome home WIlhelm and Gottfried! The little girls are so cute! <3 And oh goodness, they actually do look like Huey, Dewey and Louie in their outfits! :open_mouth:

@sarabeth2984 haven't got much to comment but I just wante you to kno that I really enjoyed your latest update :)

Responses to mentions:

@Lucy_Henley
    oh, Ianto seems very wise. Also, salt water is meant to be very good for eczema! Not by drinking it, though :D Such cute group photos!
    He is highly intelligent :)
    Baby Tony and Rhi are the cutest in Artbreeder IMO. Some of them look more realistic than others, which is interesting.
    Baby Tony turned out really great :blush: And yeah, I don't really know what caused that...
    Thank you!

@Daephene
    Thank you for your nice comments! Morgan's such a cute child, but maybe growing up a little too fast! I am very curious where the Ianto story is going.
    She just sees how boring her older brother life is so she's already planning hers :D Thank you!

@ryttu3k
    it was practically the first line of the first episode, what a way to introduce a show XD Oooh, are we going to see that certain J at any point? Given, you know, his lifestate XD Am intrigued at how this will play out!
    I mean... how can we not :D That part is probably going to stay pretty true to the original.
    The ArtBreeder things are fascinating! I mean, we know what the RL versions look like because... actors (like I can definitely see Chris Hemsworth in your Thor!), but still, really neat! The tots are precious, aww!
    Yeah, I mean the actors are still canon (although Peter looks less and less like Tom Holland every year) but it was still a very fun experiment :)
    Oh my god Morgs at least wait until you hit your teenage years XD
    She's around 12-13 right now, I believe... so pretty close ;)
    Man I think Ianto has been watching Baby Genuises, heh. "So what could possibly go wrong?" Oh NO...
    I mean it's a pretty obvious theory XD On no indeed... :anguished:
    Thank you!

@MelsieYT
    Wow those look so cool! I really love realistic Thor! He's a dreamboat.
    Haha, yes, Thor is quite a guy both in the sims and in real life! :relaxed:
    Thank you!

@AlwaysAsking
    I’m so behind with yours, but I like to take my time and look at your pictures. So I’m getting there! Meanwhile, I’ve posted my method of using Artbreeder and I was wondering if it’s anything like how you do it. Your “real” Sims are just adorable! But I noticed that in a couple of places your eye color changed too, so I know I’m not alone in that. I just wish I could figure out how to stop it!
    It's ok! :) Oh yes. I just ignored the eye color, really. Not worth the trouble. I love your method of creating sims with artbreeder! I just chose the "children" section and chose the ones that looked good enough :D

Just another normal day at the beach. The twins were building sandcastles.
    ME3hlLz.jpg

Morgan officially decided that Gwen is her new best friend.
    Iq42047.jpg

"Oh, oh, there they are! C'mon, let's go catch them!"
    mYD6h8H.jpg

Peggy and Steve were... chasing seagulls like little kids :tongue:
    HnUvGyd.jpg

"Higher, daddy, higher!"
    Peter and playing with Rhi.
    8mAGAWj.jpg

"Daddy, daddy, look!"
    GL6XQog.jpg

"Alright, this may be hard at first now..."
    PjpZ4dt.jpg

"But I believe you are ready now. Ain't you, eh Ianto?"
    JDXLnUv.jpg

jVUrskG.jpg

"Oh look," Thor chuckled, seeing as Ianto bravely walked into the ocean. "You are already doing it."
    Iex2ehj.jpg

"Way to go, Yan!" Peter yelled, a bit disappointed that he didn't have his phone on him to document Ianto's first steps.
    ag5XNkS.jpg

"Good job, little one," Thor smiled proudly. "Good job."
    C5EvjQ5.jpg
    More under the cut:
    "AAAaaaa! Mooooom!"
    WwsyU6q.jpg

"Rhi, what did you do!?"
    "Ianto doesn't like going very fast..."
    2lKuwO1.jpg

Me and my sister were very different people.
    NNCOA8a.jpg

"Look, Ianto, look! Look at my balloon!"
    m7hXY4Y.jpg

"I don't want balloon..."
    uILKO4x.jpg

Rhi was happy about everything. I saw everything as a threat.
    uzDEZ25.jpg

"Is yours sweeter?"
    "They the same."
    "But... Is yours sweeter?.."
    XYyVV20.jpg

"They. The. Same."
    Y7CcvvN.jpg

"But..."
    EiabDbs.jpg

"I love you, baby Ianto!"
    I didn't like ice cream that much anyway.
    3KH4lgM.jpg

"Let's play hide-n-seek!"
    gYtUsaW.jpg

"Play alien dinosaurs?"
    oTnAwkH.jpg

"...No."
    "We play hide-n-seek."
    I had three passions. Sci-fi, dinosaurs and hot beverages. None of these passions were shared by my sister, uncle or aunt.
    saUsPsV.jpg

They wanted to play hide-n-seek - I wanted to play dinosaurs.
    9pfqcBN.jpg

They wanted to watch cartoons - I wanted to watch documentaries about space.
    3mZx0ER.jpg

They wanted ice cream for breakfast - I wanted coffee. I can't explain why I was mildly obsessed with it as a child - I barely drank it as an adult, even though I can proudly say that I brew the best coffee in Windenburg. I suppose it's just the want of the unattainable. Coffee is only for grownups.
    7G0NKKr.jpg

"Awww, look at them go!"
    i1xG6Jc.jpg

"They're so tiny! They're so cute! Eeeeee!"
    2ZvtPGA.jpg

"You go, baby turtles..."
    Otc0Veh.jpg

"Daddyyyy, can we keep one?.."
    TMQcaOx.jpg

There was always something to do on Sulani. Bonfire nights, musical festivals. Turtle hatching.
    D58agKq.jpg

"Papa, Mommy, look! Look at Ianto!"
    nIED9QO.jpg

"Oh no- Ianto!"
    The last bit actually contains some of my earliest memories. I'm around one year old, we're watching baby turtles slip into the ocean. And for some reason I just sit in front of them.
    Qx3N4B0.jpg

"Ianto, get away, you're blocking the little turtles!"
    I don't remember why. I don't remember what for. But I remember how I just sat there.
    NBNYeWu.jpg

"Ianto!"
    I heard my dad, but I chose not to react. Time and space froze for me as I sat in the ocean, blankly staring right in front of me.
    Y5qAU3y.jpg

"Hey bud, you can't do that!"
    PjcTyua.jpg

"Tu'tles no go, Daddy... Tu'tles stay."
    "Well they have to go, it's their first time in the ocean!"
    74qudOh.jpg

I can remember the disappointment I felt. They had to go and I couldn't stop them. I was helpless.
    ifpvjPO.jpg

"Last one there is a rotten egg!"
    "Go, go, go!"
    MaCJuif.jpg

"Rhi slow," Ianto quietly noticed.
    "Haha, Rhi's a slowpoke!" Jamie shouted. "Rhi's gonna be the rotten egg!"
    YOWEtj8.jpg

Ianto looked over.
    "Rhi not egg... We wait."
    l6ZH7Ob.jpg

"I not waiting to be rotten egg!" Jamie laughed. "But you can!"
    9HboCQ1.jpg

"Sawah, Sawah wait up!"
    rxn0sye.jpg

Rhiannon was a perfect combination of my parents. That made her simple, awkward and a little slow. But she was NOT a rotten egg.
    KIbcGGp.jpg

"Eebie!" Rhi smiled. "You waited!"
    qRJv8Kn.jpg

Ianto gave her a pensive look.
    "Go faster."
    toPU1fa.jpg

"Faster, like this? DINO RAWR!!" Rhi giggled, imitating a dinosaur.
    KAnCUn9.jpg

"Dino... rawr."
    Rhi would often pretend to be a dinosaur when we were children. She knew that I liked dinosaurs.
    WjE59M0.jpg

"Go faster."
    "Why?"
    "Rotten egg."
    "It's just a joke, eebie..."
    "Mean joke."
    61baB7C.jpg

I was always a bit worried about Rhi. People can be very mean and she... She didn't get that.
    vEV9NUD.jpg

I felt like it was my responsibility to keep her safe.
    v4Mpser.jpg

LH4hwL8.jpg

"Hey, little one."
    XLkSczk.jpg

"Thor!"
    dm3ESzx.jpg

Me and Thor spent a lot of time together. We'd talk and he'd tell me about Sulani. I liked spending time with Thor a lot more then the other kids.
    cEEz3yU.jpg

There was something very simple and nice about the long walks we had. It felt like we were going in the same pace - I didn't have to slow down or speed up.
    srIEItT.jpg

Thor never asked me why aren't I playing with the other kids, why am I so quiet and shouldn't I be having fun instead of just sitting around. It was like he understood me.
    ypQN25L.jpg

There was something very wise about him. Very old. Very... unearthly.
    R5rkfyb.jpg

Thor made me feel important. Because if I wasn't, why would such a powerful being spend time with me?
    d40xblW.jpg

"Look at the kids all getting along..."
    k1talIr.jpg

"I'm going to miss this when Peter and Gwen leave."
    BFMQZZP.jpg

"I'm worried about Ianto..." Steve sighed.
    ODiFZi9.jpg

"He's pretty much glued to Thor. What's going to happen to him when they leave?"
    1zgG58W.jpg

Yes - me and Thor certainly had something special. I don't know, maybe he just had a way of talking to kids.
    Rji8eg2.jpg

Maybe I wasn't the only one he took out after the sunset.
    N7QP6yn.jpg

"Now watch closely, little one..."
    XbCaQwV.jpg

bTsZ29m.jpg

XyQsnVi.jpg

"Lights!" Ianto gasped.
    sa6djNf.jpg

"Yes, you like them, don't you!" Thor chuckled. "Do not fear - they are only little spirits guiding our way. They mean no harm."
    d6o3C2k.jpg

"See, Ianto... We all need a little guiding in our life."
    WbskoZU.jpg

"Not many people can feel their presence... but your auntie Morgan could."
    4qdo3vW.jpg

"And surprisingly, so can you..."
    ryl7J1f.jpg

"Oh, look, the spirits have come to greet us! Lets go say hi, shall we?"
    m5m1u9C.jpg

otsx0Ye.jpg

It fascinated me how Thor was so magical, and yet no one saw it.
    97BObhF.jpg

Everyone thought he was a little touched on the head, that's all.
    a86bzsD.jpg

But if he was... then so was I.
    xgnD6k9.jpg

Because I saw it too.
    6NkfzaB.jpg

And thanks to him, I loved the stars.
    JGxb521.jpg

Me and him - we'd spend hours gazing up on them. Not saying a word. Not looking up and smiling.
    7wO4Ur2.jpg

And then we'd go home, feeling like we've discovered something extraordinary.
    k2qBN4M.jpg

Thor was my first real friend.
    jlDUGvJ.jpg

And I like to think that even though I was very young, I was a real friend to him too.
    9hw5VUW.jpg
    |Navigation|Beginning|Previous update|Next update|
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited September 2020
    Lol, I thought I'm going to make a short post and answers to comments, but suddenly so many posts popped to whom I want to answer and comment too, but it's late, so I'm going to write answers and comments tomorrow. :D

Very short update beginning of 1919.

My husband has shown me an art/graphic program he owns on his pc, and I tried out it, it took a while

New family portraits
    In the fotostudio
    ncNg1BN.png

In the garden
    o04GCNu.png

Summertime

That means playing in the garden. I'm not sure if this is historical correct, but I don't care. :D

MXfk1vo.png

Anna is so proud, she made the sand castle on her own.

LqIq1gU.png

Dinnertime in the garden, it was Pentocost, so the meal (vegetable casserole) was a little bit better than the usual toast and eggs.

Q3oSXZ7.png
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    @Lyrie Thanks! I spent a couple hours in CAS today making townies but I'll definitely be playing more of the family tonight so I might update tomorrow if I have enough content! I really love your father/daughter pair! Rainbow's little gap-toothed smile is so cute, and such a fun little detail I never think to add.

@Koteyka Fun in the Sulani sun! It's my favorite world. Is that the same Peter as the baby adopted by Tony Stark and his husband? (I think Tony had an affair with Thorne Bailey in that story). If so, oh my gosh he's all grown up now!

@Daravi That family photo looks so good! You can make it into cc and put it in your game too! So many toddlers though, wow that poor mama! She's a queen!

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @AlwaysAsking first cause I hopped into my old uni save and abducted your character....no I won't make you guess but I'm sure you can figure out who it is I only changed him up a little bit.
    @Silverofdreams30 @Lyrie @mercuryfoam

I'll come back after work to give you the story I have but here is a preview
    AFeDEps.png
    Is it obvious enough who this is ha :p
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2020
    @RedDestiny92 , hehee, even I know who that is :p

ETA: I did know the blue haired dude too ;)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I'll probably play my family tonight. Today I just spent time in CAS, making a couple sims to add as townies in my game. Also I just now realize I made them both geniuses. My bad!

Eiyah1QX0AEsNGS?format=jpg&name=large
    Alanna Phoenix Painter Extraordinaire / Creative, Genius, Art Lover
    Eiyah1QWsAAc6H4?format=jpg&name=large
    Easton Landry Nerd Brain / Perfectionist, Goofball, Genius
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited September 2020

@Metior_Ice

I meant to ask this last time and forgot. Are you still planning to "remove Dylan and Zephyr's ghost status?" And by that I hope you mean you'll be bringing them back to life. So far I haven't seen that happen. But I might be mistaken about it, or I might be behind. But yeah, killing off some favorite Sims must be a nightmare. And wow! Good luck fixing Damian's reputation! Seems like that would be tough!

And Thank you! Yes, getting the toys for Max has helped! Lol! Actually I think it's getting some attention from a parental figure who is an erratic elder is the clincher. 😅

I had another question for you but now I can’t recall the whole aspect of it. I think it had to do with the aging in your game. Do you have it turned on? I know the twins aged up, but it seems like you did that manually. Are the background Sims aging? If so, are any of the original premades still alive in your game?

I know you pretty much only play in Sulani, but there were a ton of premades there.

Dylan and Zephyr will be ghosts until the end of the Kailani Legacy. The legacy has an intricate set of quests that need to be completed before resurrecting them. However, the books I nicknamed The Wayfarer's Tide and the Wayfinder's Breeze are Dylan and Zephyr's Books of Life. These books not only allow a sim to summon one of them while they are ghosts, but it also allows them to be brought back to life. If that doesn't work, I saved them while they were alive and right before they died. They will return to the living.

The Quests that need to be completed are as follows:

Dylan's Quests
    Complete the Musical Genius Aspiration
    Win a Karaoke Bar Contest at Triton's Beach as a Musical Genius
    Acquire Dylan's Urn or Grave Marker
    Place the Urn in the Crescent Moon Shrine
    Reward: A NAP can be repealed and replaced with something positive using influence.

Complete the Beach Life Aspiration
    Recover Dylan's Camping Guitar from a hidden chamber in the Elemental Temple. (This requires Dylan's Spirit to be free to interact with).
    Place Dylan's Camping Guitar in the Crescent Moon Shrine.
    Reward: A NAP can be Repealed and replaced with something positive using influence.

Complete the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration
    Acquire Dylan's old violin from the Zalrian Household (This will require an interaction with Calum and Dylan's Spirit).
    Place Dylan's old violin in the Crescent Moon Shrine
    Reward: One of the islands can have its pollution cleaned up except Mua Pel'Am.

Complete the Chief of Mischief Aspiration
    Chase away the Darkfin Siblings
    Reward: The Earthquakes Lot Trait can be swapped out for something different.

Complete the Bestselling Author Aspiration
    The Poetic Sim reads Dylan's Book of Life in the Crescent Moon Shrine
    Dylan is brought back from the dead.
    Step 1 of 2 for removing the Cursed Lot trait is complete.

Zephyr's Quests
    Complete the Curator Aspiration
    The Curator completes his own collection of sea shells
    Acquire Zephyr's Urn from the Caldora Eco Center
    Place the Urn in the Crescent Moon Shrine
    Reward: A NAP can be Repealed and replaced with something positive using influence.

Complete the Master Mixologist Aspiration
    Recover the Plumbite Crystal hidden in the Sand Bar
    Place the Plumbite Crystal in the Crescent Moon Shrine

Complete the World Famous Celebrity Aspiration
    Cross the threshold into the exclusive room for five star celebrities
    Retrieve the Luna Moths from this room
    Place the Luna Moths in the Crescent Moon Shrine
    Reward: One of the islands can have its pollution cleaned up except Mua Pel'Am.

Complete the Public Enemy Aspiration
    Defeat Damion Morbius for this Aspiration
    Banish Damion to the Netherworld.
    Smash Damion's Grave Marker so he can never return.
    Reward: The Volcanic Activity Lot Trait can be swapped out for something different.

Complete the Nerd Brain Aspiration.
    The Handy Sim can read Zephyr's Book of Life in the Crescent Moon Shrine
    Zephyr is brought back from the dead.
    Step 1 of 2 for removing the Cursed Lot trait is complete.

To revive one of the twins, a heir or founder of the Legacy must recover their Urn, retrieve two talismans connected to one of them, remove a threat to the islands, and finally, with the Talismans and Urn safely placed in the Crescent Moon Shrine, a member of the Legacy can read one of the tomes to resurrect one of the twins. The idea is that the absence of the Talismans and the Presence of one of the Evils is preventing them from being brought back to life. Returning a Talisman to a shrine and completing a quest helps to heal the islands and removes a negative element afflicting the gameplay.

Reef Kailani Founded the Legacy with every lot experiencing Earthquakes and Volcanic Activity. For lots without Oceanic Paradise, they have the Cursed Lot Trait.

The NAPs in effect are:

Back in the Old Days (Fines for using technology)
    Water Conservation (Weekly water shut off and daily fines for using too much water)
    Power Conservation (Daily power shut off and daily fines for using too much power)
    Roughhousing Encouraged (People break into fights on every island)

Every building on every island uses walls, floors, and items that cause industrial smog. The Gardens my sims grow are the only thing causing the islands to shift into the Neutral state. Otherwise, they would be uncomfortable from the smog.

Reef Kailani completed his Quest. He completed the Curator Aspiration and returned Zephyr's Urn to the Crescent Moon Shrine. Zephyr is still a ghost, but his spirit is no longer restricted to the Caldora Eco Center after midnight and until 3 am. The Roughhousing Encouraged NAP has been replaced with Self-Sufficiency. Basically, the skills that will help sims build a better Sulani are rewarded with influence. This NAP encourages Gardening, Handiness, and Fishing.

Kylen Kailani is the 1st Heir, and I decided that his quest will be to become a Musical Genius and return Dylan's Urn to the Shrine. Thanks to his Book of Life, I should be able to summon Dylan's Spirit and reunite him with his brother. Even though they will both be ghosts, they will be together again.

I've manipulated the way sims age in my Game. Any household I want to keep around is a played household. I can have up to 150 played sims for the game to work properly.

Calum, Arihi, Ember, My Strangerville duo (I can't remember his first name Astara and Atom Satara) ,and the Kealoha's will not age up unless I do it manually. When Dylan and Zephyr are brought back to life, they will eventually become scientists and have the ability to create a serum that will work like a Potion of Youth. Also, they have a Book of Life that will bring them back to life. I plan on completing the Aspiration for the Poetic Trait with Calum. I used a cheat so Calum could ensure his sons weren't lost for good.

I have it set for the active household to age up automatically. This means that I play the Kailani Household with a Normal Life Span, but the sims I want to keep around will not age. When I rotate to another household, I turn off auto-aging for played sims.

The Townies are unplayed, so the Townies age up and die off. I do this to prevent the game from spawning too many sims. Many of the original sims are most likely dead and I never met them. I don't think you want to see what Max looks like.

As for the Sulani Premade Merfolk, I deleted the 30 something merfolk that were there. With Sulani in such bad shape, I figured the merfolk swam off to a place that I hope will one day exist in the game.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Journal of Omar Benali

-Samyr’s got acne, it’s way worse than his brothers, and he’s really self-conscious about it, having a girlfriend and all has just made it worse, I guess. So, I took him to a dermatologist, yeah, I know a lot of teens have it and all, but I didn’t have it much as a teen and his brothers don’t either, plus it can cause scaring, so I took him. I figured I’d have to spend a mint on prescriptions, but most of the stuff the doctor recommended was over-the-counter, and he gave Samyr pamphlets about a regimen to do to help with his break outs. I swear doctors have pamphlets for everything, which must be a booming business, writing those things, just saying.
    Then, Than asked Samyr over to stay with him this week, Elliana was going to be here to visit family and could pick him up, and Than could take him to school in the morning, he has some art show he wanted to see close to here. The thing is, Than feels bad about Samyr not being able to get into that CosPlay Club. So I let him go, he loves spending time with Than and it wouldn’t hurt to get to know Elliana a bit better, we don’t get to see her as much. I kind of thought they would go out and about in the city or something, but according to Samyr, they just sat around the apartment and talked. Well, he seemed OK with it, so whatever.-

g7DEYyf.jpg
    Sleepover at Than’s.

-That Zayn is the moodiest teen, well, I mean, Samyr and Kaden are moody sometimes, but Zayn has whole phases. First off was that loud thing, blasting music, yelling stuff, now it’s a total rebellious thing going on, he is constantly backtalking me and picking arguments with his brothers, he literally stays grounded. And, when he does get to see his girlfriend, Lacie, well, he and her have tiffs too, sigh. I don’t know what to do with him, to be honest. He used to be such a good-natured boy, cracking jokes all the time, sigh.-

-Thomas Bachelor called me today he wanted me to come over to his house, when I go there he and his wife, Lorna, wanted to talk about Zayn and Lacie and were concerned that things were way to intense. Plus, lately Lacie and him are arguing a lot and they were wondering about that. Well, me too. Thomas said that he was kind of, well, that he didn’t date in high school, living with the Goths, well, they were really strict and he and Alexander just never got around to dating. I mean Alexander married the first woman to put her hands on his body, right, he said, she was his massage therapist. I kept my mouth shut, I know that Alexander was no saint when he went to Uni, but it was not my place to tell Thomas that. The thing is Omar, Lorna said, we are just concerned, neither Thomas or I have had much experience dating and we are both out of our element, so any insights you have, well, we would be interested to hear them. Honestly, I’m no expert either, but I guess I have more experience than both of them put together. So I just basically told them that all we, as parents, could do was to talk to our teens, to try to impart how woohoo was a big deal and all, and to hope that they took it to heart. But, ultimately, well, we just have to trust that they act responsibly, we can’t really know or be there to watch 24-7. That’s just a huge part of being a parent that’s hard, it’s the hardest thing, allowing your kids to grow up and trusting them. I was able to let them know that Zayn was prone to phases and his current one was a dozy, that he’s just been very rebellious of late. That he used to be such a good-natured boy, but that he has been through two phases back-to-back and I am at my wit’s end on how to manage him, to be honest. They looked at each other and said, yes, Randy, our teenage son, seems prone to phases too, he’s currently very distant, and we are both having a tough time dealing with that, what with a house full of teens and all. They have four teenagers, they have a set of twin girls, by the way. Yeah, well, welcome to the club.-

ibfUUWO.jpg
    Teen talk with the Bachelors.

-I had been thinking about it a lot, for a good while now and I just felt it was time to pull the trigger, so to speak. I asked Josie out, and I took her to “The Diving Pelican” it’s not the fanciest place, not like “Chez Llama” but it was where we had our second date and where we took the kids as an outing early on that went well, so, ultimately, I was hoping it was romantic enough. And then over dessert, well I took out an engagement ring and proposed, the diamond on it is way bigger than the one I eventually got Becca, her’s was like you needed a magnifying glass to see, but she wouldn’t ever let me get her a bigger one. Anyway I got down on one knee and asked Josie to marry me and she said yes. The she literally jumped into my arms and swooned, I swear, that’s a thing, not just in movies and books, I guess she was really happy, at least I hope that was it.
    Now comes all the planning and me telling the boys and my family, yeah, looking forward to all that.-

UO0a24C.jpg
    Ordering dinner.

NiNVBWM.jpg
    Omar proposes.

raMGkiK.jpg
    Josie says “yes”.

eoY3SXN.jpg
    Josie swoons in Omar’s arms.

-So I sat the boys down, it was the next day, by the time I got home it was too late and then they were off to school the next morning and that’s always a race against the clock, well, honest, I was not stalling, OK? Anyway, I told the boys that I had proposed and that Josie had accepted, and that we both realized that it would mean a huge change for all of us, and that it would mean there would probably be a lot of adjustments for all of us to make, but that we both loved each other very much and wanted to be one big family together. The first big change being that Samyr and Zayn would have to start sharing a room again. Izzy, being the only girl, well, she needed her own room. I had a lined up a bunch of arguments in my head, I had prepared for it. Then something funny, as in odd, happened. Zayn, my rebellious son, mind you, said, yeah, well dad, it’s about time. Like, we’ve all been waiting forever, and, like, we know it will be hard and stuff sometimes. But, well, we can all tell you are totally in love and Josie is like a really nice lady and all and Izzy is OK for a kid, I guess, so we already talked about it and it’s cool with all of us, he looked at Kaden then and Kaden nodded his head. And, by the way, I totally already figured out that Izzy would get my room ‘cause she’s a girl, even though she is technically the youngest and should have to wait her turn. I was floored, I did not expect them to take it so well, to be honest. Plus, I had no idea I was so transparent. Kaden had told me once that the three of them talked and shared things with each other that they didn’t share with me, and, well, I guess he wasn’t exaggerating about that.-

-OK, I had missed planning my first wedding, being that me and Becca eloped. Well, I wish we could do that, but Josie has her heart set on having a wedding, she got married the first time like I did at the Courthouse. So, she wants us to have a ceremony and have our family and friends, nothing too fancy, just that she wants it to be an event and a celebtation, at least. Yeah, well, about that, catering, bartenders, a venue, clothes for everyone, invitations, it’s an endless stream of things we have to plan and do. And it literally makes my head spin, not to mention the fact that we have to move her and Izzy in here at some point. Yeah, and it has to be after the wedding, because Josie refuses to move in before we’re married for Izzy’s sake, but honestly, I think she’s mostly worried about my friends and family and how it would look to them, just saying. She tends to worry about my family, it is big, I know, but she wants them to like her and, well, it does seem she’s really apprehensive, I guess, about how they will take my getting married again and all. And there was the whole thing with should we ask Lenny and his girlfriend to the wedding, I have no idea about what the protocol is for that and Josie was just as clueless. But she was worried if she didn’t, well, that Izzy would be upset, but if she did, then Lenny would feel obligated even if he didn’t want to attend, sigh. Finally, I just drove to the city one day and went to see Lenny, I flat out told him the dilemma we were having and he said that he was grateful to me for telling him. Then he said that he really didn’t feel like he should be there, it would be a lot of people he didn’t know and, well, he would just feel out of place and, to be honest, very uncomfortable. We talked some more and worked out a deal, Izzy will stay with him after the wedding. He and Beth will keep her so me and Josie can take a couple days for a honeymoon. That would be his wedding present, and it’s a really good one. My family is watching the boys, but both Josie and I were concerned about them keeping Izzy, she doesn’t really know them that well and all as yet. My family and friends also volunteered to move Josie and Izzy in and redecorate Zayn’s room for Izzy, Than and Elliana will oversee that with specific plans from Josie for painting it and all that stuff. All so that me and Josie get to take an actual honeymoon.-

@Metior_Ice This is late, but, poor Calum, I thought he was a goner with those darkfin's in the water!

@ryttu3k Again, another incredible room, 1010 Alto, it looks like a magazine spread.
    And you guessed it, my unplayed premades are like cartoon characters, they wear the same outfits till the day they die, lol. Seriously, Joaquin does have other everyday outfits, since he was once a played sim.
    And, well, about Kaden, he is a, I hope, typical teen, he has moments when he is very grown up, but then he has moments where he is a hormonal teen boy, sigh.

@Lucy_Henley Three separate saves going, oh my, I always just have one, between reading everyone else's posts and keeping up with them, I have to go back to earlier posts and look up other people's stories, well, I also re-read mine too, just to keep up, to be honest. Plus, remembering what all happened in mine, well, I don't think I could do more than one game at a time. Not even before I was posting here.

@MelsieYT The African-American sim is really good looking, and he looks ethnically correct too. He looks the way I wish mine looked.

@Lyrie I also should mention that I like two other creators a lot, Scarlet, for example, has the 'no cold in the middle microwave' mod, and Polarbearsims, she does 'faster showers and baths', among others.

@Koteyka I just never know where your stories are going, they're so inventive, great job, I look forward to all the pics and reading your posts.

@Daravi I have photos of my grandparents just like those pics you posted, very authentic.

STOP! The below spoiler is in reply to @AlwaysAsking and it is a bit of under the hood stuff, why I did things in the game and my thought process and all, it may contain some very mild spoilers too, so any of you that want to skip that can do so, for the rest, read on.
    Well, my first save, when one of my played sims got so old that I had to let him die, well, it was hard, to be honest, I had his wife talk to Grim and he actually spared him and he came back for awhile. So, I do get not being able to have sims pass on. It was traumatic for me in my first game, that's for sure.

There used to not be emotional deaths in the game, but they patched them in, I have a mod to prohibit that, I can't stand it myself. But it's possible recent patches have upped those in the game, along with everything else that got wonky.

So, the thing is, many, many posts ago, I started a "Test Save", in it Jade died the same way as Becca, Felipe was a little boy still, that's how long ago. But, during her funeral, Omar aged up to a young adult, well, I wanted to go to University with him and I wanted to be there and not have other stuff going on at the same time, so I went back to before Jade died and played that save, then other teens aged up and went to college, etc. So ultimately, that never happened.

The thing is, I have developed a kind of theme, I guess, I have begun to explore the different kinds of families in this game. Kyle's divorce was my first big event when I started posting here, I've had multi-generational families with Zariah living with Omar, gay marriage, adoption and foster parents, traditional marriages, now a single mother by choice with Miranda. And I just wanted to explore having a parent who carries on after the death of a spouse and forms a subsequent blended family. And I do have some other ideas I'm considering too, like "SPOILER", nope you'll have to wait.

I did let my game have "Emotional Deaths" and I cheated Becca to be hysterical with laughter and, well, you get the idea. A lot of stuff in my posts is actually not a cheat or me heavy-handedly directing things though. Victor's romances, for example, all were random events, Hugh just showed up at his house when I was playing him, my rule, I guess you could say, is if my single sims meet a flirty sim they get to flirt back and Wallah. Up until then, I had not considered making Victor bi, it was, well, I hadn't thought of it, I guess. Then when I went to play Hugh, to skill him up, and Donnie came over, flirty and again stuff happened. Victor made a friend in school, Jennie, I had him invite her over, no flirty, they just became friends, but then I had him invite her over on another day and she was flirty and so stuff happened. My children and teens often have friends over, you might have noticed from my previous posts, lol.

What I did before Becca died, was I started a save and had 3 couples and a child, one was the maxis gallery "Fair-weather Friends", the ones in my post are "Rockin' Rollers", and I got Holly Alto and Dirk Dreamer from Get Famous from the gallery too - the originals someone uploaded, since I don't have that pack. I placed them in a new game and played them all, they married and had a child, and ultimately, I liked Josie and the backstory I came up with for her best of them all, plus she had a little girl, and at that time I had all boys as non-adults in my game, and I wanted a girl to play too. So, I cheated a bit, skills, careers etc. and uploaded them to my library, then I set them up in my game, shortly before Becca died. Lenny's girlfriend, by the way is also from that Maxis household. I did use genetics to make Josie's mom. And I did arrange for Josie and Omar to meet eventually, and they did hit it off, if sims don't get along, I don't push it.

Anyway, that was my thought process. I consider myself a Sim God, like Zeus from mythology, sometimes my sims are salves to what the fates decree, other times I do step in and try to bend them to my will.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Ellupelluellu ah yes you have many brownie points for your skill at knowing the know mmhmm :D I just can't help but tease to see if anyone would care to guess I love a hidden makeover try.

I don't remember any other tags so yes one more time @AlwaysAsking @Lyrie @Silverofdreams30 @mercuryfoam

Here is the update with who you all may have guessed is with Joey.
    GMsKmuZ.png
    Before Joey moved in Angela's home was fairly bare, she just graduated and had a job but unlike her sister she didn't have the heart to blackmail some rich dude so she had to wait while her funds died out. Finding a roommate proved easy and she knew she could have made a better choice but it was uni she didn't go to parties or hang out with dormmates she hadn't even been kissed with some of the stress taken off of her as she got a chance to relax a little broke or not...you bet she went with the cutest offer she could find. She likes what he's done with the place.
    icc7vOA.png
    Though it was cloudy in Sulani it was nice to wake up and have breakfast like this, she wasn't really part of the inner group with Hugo but she knew them and living so far apart she wasn't going to see them anytime soon even if she could go see anyone else they had kids and were already doing better than her. She was a little embarrassed at least she could text them a bit though it wasn't the same as having someone there.
    vcAU0RB.png
    Joey wasted no time in fact he started pretty quickly but I cut some pics to put up all my favorites I also missed his free will kiss on her hand, pretending to be a gentleman I think :p
    8CRPp7I.png
    "Come along Angie I have a surprise for you."

She was pretty sure it was surprising enough getting to ogle him...ugh she'd been a little too goodie goodie she guessed ah well.
    Ru1B8W7.png
    Aside from the bikes, she saw on her way in he purchased these for them, laying it on real thick bud.
    4NvOti1.png
    When it was time to snorkel this dolphin immediately came up to him so I stopped him from joining her, look how happy it is, ugh he's charming to sea creatures too, him, I like.
    02z4hkn.png
    Eventually, I let him join her it's like a permanent vacation and as far as he's concerned good hot company makes it all the better.
    hjXQ8lz.png
    Of course the romance festival just had to come up so he dragged her down, we'll say by train to enjoy it he wasn't going to let the rain stop him either he was on a mission. People just didn't understand how much he hated sleeping alone though she was a good girl he'd play his cards properly.
    sneaky devil...hehe.

Also somewhere in here I went and found the old group so she could "introduce" them to him so we'll pretend it was a group text after all though they aren't that close since she knows them and doesn't have anyone without her sister naturally she'd tell someone she had moved in with a man she didn't know. He seemed delighted.
    YZODbab.png
    She rolled a want to kiss him and he was happy to give in.
    U2zKa3E.png
    He also got his way and she is now his girlfriend, they paid no mind to the romance guru's grim view on their relationship he liked she could serenade him that was worth it to him.
    GHtYGVK.png
    I took them back out when the rain stopped.

"Fantisizing about the future already love?" he teased.

She scoffed.

"N..no I"m so not that desperate....and you can't call me that it just happened."

"Pumpkin then?"

"Not a chance.."

"Turtledove?"

"No." flushed she tried ignoring a few more of his suggested petnames before she decided "love" was fine he had a way with words...,kinda.
    U3OQ3zK.png
    She didn't see why a certain pair of paintings caught his eye they could look out the window and see this stuff but he insisted.
    OQ2yafN.png
    "And over there we have two people ignoring me."

"Hush man I bought your work that's all you need." Joey snapped, earning something of a giggle from Angela.
    57TdxLG.png
    They were going to woohoo but Joey is all hot air and ran out of steam.....hehehe she settled on letting him in her room he goes in there all the time like he was just waiting for it to happen anyways.

So there we go
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Daephene I didn't know that. I've been away from the forums for so long. :D Well, I don't say it, May does.

@ryttu3k So, every supernatural under one roof? Sounds exciting!
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Yet through it all, May slept peacefully, dreaming of the day her clothes will make a mark in fashion history like mademoiselle, while also banishing horrible trends like eyeball rings and clay.

This was awesome. banish them. Banish Them. BANISH THEM!

Oh she will. She wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill. *insert evil cackle here*

@AlwaysAsking

I envy your ability to art. :D

Yeah, they seem to be suckers, the whole lot of them.

Well, those games that I mentioned are also EA properties, and make passing mentions in TS3 (like Command and Conquer, and Mass Effect, which I indirectly integrated into Luise's militaristic background), which is a part of the main timeline/reality, along with TS1 and TS2.

The succinct explanation was that I was playing the Legacy Challenge long before Luise back in TS2, like, yeeears ago in the 2000's, and Luise wasn't actually the founder of the Keller family, her great-great-something grandfather Clovis was, my original founder from TS2. Luise was the 14th, or 15th, can't remember, generation spare of a militaristic, patriarchal family, so she was never in the running for succession. I didn't remember all these until I found an old USB drive which contained a few pictures of my playthrough back then. And when I decided to get back into TS4 some months ago, or a year ago, I think, I recreated her, her twin, and her cousins (the one who was heir) for a test run, and her story took a life of its own, so I decided to start from there. By counting years and comparing to the human lifespan, some 210+ years should've passed since 2004-2005, which is the official year when TS2 takes place (Bella Goth disappeared sometime in 2004). Around that time the world was already starting to experience space-time anomalies, such as in Riverblossom Hills (due to Don being displaced to Riverview).

Luise was actually investigating the disappearances of (in)famous Sims, such as Bella and Don, for her history major thesis at Sim State. Her late fiance and a professor tagged along, the former because he doesn't trust the professor, and the latter because he heard unsavory rumors going on about in Division 49, a military base in Strangetown. Long story short, the professor caused a catastrophe by sneaking into the military base that basically obliterated all of Strangetown when he messed with the Watcher's godly relic (the plumbob, a central plot device in TS2 for PSP), the fiance was following him secretly to spy on him and died, Luise was also caught in the implosion and died, but was thrown into a nexus of realities of sorts , and the effects of Cherenkov radiation as well as lingering vampiric physiology did something to her body that reanimated it and well, she was thrown into TS4's reality. Luise's twin, Louis, lived a long life and died, though he missed his sister dearly until the end.

I'm happy to report their marriage was a happy, and incredibly fruitful (4 kids!), one. They died not so many days apart, and the eldest took succession. i made it all the way to the 6th generation, but stuff happened irl that...ugh...I still have their back-up of a back-up but I'm so sad about losing the my progress I don't know if I still want to bring Luise back. I do miss her and their family though.

@Lyrie Thank you. I enjoy yours too, they look so happy and joyful. Is he a single father?

---
    Update time!

iBogzxj.png

May was working on another article for Smogue magazine, when all of a sudden, the librarian came to talk, or rather flirt with her. She was way too busy and just didn't want to engage. 'Are you serious? There is no way I am going to give a frumpy man like you who can't dress in style the time of day. Don't waste my time! Call me when you wear something that's not in the Salvation Army.' (Don't you just hate her? :p )

te0c5us.png

The perfect New Year's Eve, celebrating it...alone...after hours in a locked library...after barely making the article deadline...and close to passing out...

'But who cares? As long as I'm beautiful doing it! Beautiful...beautiful...I must be beautiful!'

80fviNh.png

Spring has come, and new discoveries too. Apparently ghosts need to eat...and the mixologist is somehow not freaking out.

LNeZyyj.png

Snow thaw...

1EhRj5R.png

'Ah, it feels so good to wear my everyday outfit. Mademoiselle would be proud!'

Zv8T2OE.png

'Bonsoir, Gorgeous!'

ODflqlD.png

While May was busy primping in front of the mirror, something much more interesting was happening out. Penny Pizzazz was fighting with Davey Bones. Why?

yqcMgbi.png

Well, who cares? Time to kiss butts, and even better, kissing the butt of someone with actual fashion sense and is famous. May simply couldn't be happier!

1oGaxbL.png

Especially when they agree to give autographs which she can sell later!

hLeiUf4.png

More fighting. Hey, isn't that the weirdo who always dances next to the mannequin at the boutique in Magnolia Promenade? What's with the clown outfit?

IINm4dU.png

'Am I seriously being hit on right now? Again?! I know I'm fashionable and attractive, but sometimes I want to eat my breakfast in peace! Oh well, it couldn't be helped; I'll just ignore him.'

c41G2Ai.png

'Then again, he is sorta cute...maybe I'll just scratch that itch a little.'

8JKVFAp.png

Finally with enough accumulated paychecks, May built herself a house, complete with sun room, so she wouldn't have to sleep on the lounge couch anymore.

4XksDyY.pngInterior.lBfg2xW.png

Planting roses was the first thing she did to break her new house in.

Post edited by Dust_Bunny2010 on
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Lyrie

you got a great save going there.

@AlwaysAsking

wow, thanks for that tutorial.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    @Lyrie aww thanks! It gets kinda dark though.

So here's Eve mental space: she's learned everything she needs to know about the Mother plant. It killed her mother, an accomplished spellcaster, it has near total control over a small town and, worse, there seems to be no upper limit to its influence. Therefore, it is absolutely imperitave that it be stopped before it spreads beyond Strangerville. But she can't face it alone, if she dies there's no one to stop it. But she can't take risks. Whoever she gets to help has to be either squarely under her influence and never speak of what they saw (can't risk the Mother plant being resurrected) or... they have to be made to forget.

For the first? Well, there was this weird guy she met in Strangerville that no one took seriously and who'll no one notice maybe acting a bit more weird. Like, say, suddenly only going out at night.

3wjgIqB.png

And while her brother, Eli, has certain traits that make him... shall we say, unreliable (gloomy, eccentric) he is a spellcasting maverick.

lWpkCI0.png

2wXGgjH.png

AVAMkLM.png

And so, with her team assembled, she took down the Mother plant.

BINEoHG.png

And then, she drained her brother's life spirit. He can't accidentally spill secrets he can't remember...

hFU4H9l.png

And she took up a special kind of religion to help her navigate both what undeath required of her and to find solace from her sins.

pgaQB0j.png

&PHgr;
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Two classes to go before graduating Communications with honors!

Ozf02CZ.png
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Sunblond the childhood phases can be quite difficult to manage.

Yeah, Calum got out of there, and he was grateful that the Darkfins let him go. Calum has a lot of power, and he’s very resilient. It would take a lot for the Darkfins to take him out. Fortunately, he knows that he’s not as resilient as his sons and backed off before things got worse. Poor guy was very close to be overwhelmed. Between Damion on Land and the Darkfins in the Sea, the bad guys are making themselves at home.

Even with Zeph’s influence over the Sky, he’s still limited on what he can do on land. It normally takes both of the brothers together to maintain the spiritual balance on Land.

The Kailani’s will need to think of something stronger or more clever than a monsoon to drive the Darkfins out.
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    @Dust_Bunny2010 Aw, I'm going to make Clara and Peter next haha. And nice pictures!

@Lyrie I know there is a mod to turn Granite Falls into residential, but after a while you're no longer able to enter buy/build mode. Really sweet pictures of the Stones :3

Really like @Daravi historical ones too.
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

Update on Beach Legacy Doug and Latasha Generation 5

Y2mFhco.jpg

Here is a art thing of Doug.

MORE
    328tX3g.png?1

Here is Hank as a toddler.

AFbs3KA.png?2

And Evan as a toddler.

JUBiW3B.png

Latasha has twin boys! AGAIN! Named Jeremiah and Boris.

All the names are from the show Royal Pains. I'm attempting beach themed names.

s6q3Y0v.png

Doug teaching those skills.

ZA3xZrx.png

Latasha mixing those drinks for her aspiration goals.

qn9tmLt.png?1

Toddler Jeremiah.

mcr2q6Z.png?1

Toddler Boris.

U7y4XUa.png?1

Little tot talking to the Dino.

Uz63OmB.png?1

The combined Halloween/Thanksgiving Fall Holiday.

Birthdays!

heskG39.png?1

AxeRwCV.png?1

b67xRoe.png?1

Hank.

y6RlUE4.png?1

Evan.

VIrqpM2.png?1

More birthdays.

akC3N5l.png?1

RT6xWLP.png?1

Jeremiah.

dYheogm.png?1

Boris.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

mAwE34g.jpg

@AlwaysAsking Your screenshots and instructions were helpful! I remade Doug.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Finally done with school!! Now off to make the world a greener place!

Lesley is obviously not realizing what "Hot food" means...
    ut7wHM6.png

Also... PART-TEY!
    Z8Xa0OQ.png

...On one hand, Epic Fail when making a Yoga video for Simtube is embarassing. On the other hand you get TONS of views. Maybe even new subscribers!
    iC7txRr.png

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Well, I've been busy in game since Athena died. Firstly, I had been meaning to shift my rotations so that I change houses on Tuesday morning instead of Monday, for when I want to vote on NAPs or community spaces and get the results while I'm still playing that household. So I turned aging off early on the Saturday of the sim-week, and played each branch of the family tree going to the cemetery to pay their respects. Since I don't have any funeral mods that was a nice way to have a big sendoff. Then I turned aging back on for the active household Sunday morning and played through all day Monday with Amelia's family, so they got their full seven days of play and now my rotations change on Tuesdays.

I'll put the crying and other cemetery activities under the spoiler.
    First I took Cordelia's family, because she had the portrait to hang on the mausoleum wall.
    i0ZV6lR.png

For some reason Brytani Cho decided she needed to crash the funeral party.
    2Z6Ww2I.png

Wolfie decided to teach her some manners.
    y2JnwPL.png

And Cornelius did the same for the paparazzi.
    P2InlfH.png
    This was bad for both of their reputations, but neither of them care.

Next I had Holly make some flower arrangements, but when she got to the mausoleum I realized they wouldn't fit on the counter.
    TucOe8M.png

Children do have some cute crying animations.
    PIl6gQt.png

Obviously newborn Maybelle couldn't travel to the cemetery but here's a picture of her anyway.
    DHqpigD.png

The Batemans were next, with Liberty standing around feeling awkward because she barely knew the deceased.
    YMxJB5u.png

But she was there to comfort Bo, and she did that well.
    tSJHaN8.png

When Derrick's family arrived from Windenberg I finally got irritated enough looking at those kitchen counters that I was motivated to remodel the mausoleum a bit.
    MwR7NNo.png
    BhnFPiO.png

While those three were in there, Mila picked out her own future gravesite. Kind of morbid, but also something elderly people do. I don't know if they're usually this excited about it.
    lNSck3K.png

Khaled isn't excited, but he's glad they'll be side by side for eternity.
    RRJmYea.png

Gerardo did not travel to Newcrest to pick out a gravesite. He hasn't spoken to Athena in years so he stayed home, and only Finnian, Morgan and Farrah went.
    lBL8IIH.png

Morgan got one on the blooper reel.
    YI1B2TV.png

When the Goth family went out, Bella did go along because she and Athena had been friends.
    ytpa1Kk.png

I like this picture because it looks like Gwendolyn might be consoling Lorelei.
    Z1es96t.png

After they left Cornelius showed up again my himself. Guess the evil vampire doesn't want people to see how much he misses his grandma.
    wQFcfS2.png

Noelle really doesn't understand what's going on, but she knows Daddy is sad.
    qxrgE2H.png

He tells her it will be ok.
    huLpPfc.png

But he's still sad so she's not buying it.
    K0ot9dm.png

While consoling Ivy Alexander realized he'd never dealt with his father's death yet.
    rHN5a0U.png

So they went out to Bella's house to visit Mortimer's grave afterwards. (The risk of having a pool on your lot is always having your sims in their bathing suits from autonomous swimming.)
    OPjVAXy.png

While Billie Jang had nothing against her ex-mother in law, she spent her time at her parents' graves instead. Their spirits have been released so mourning is not an option, so the best I could do was get a shot of her standing by them.
    3ZzIXbp.png

Meanwhile her sons went inside to pay respects to their grandmother. They both kind of look unsure what to do here, which I think suits young teens in an emotional situation.
    rT214NJ.png

And lastly, Max and Millie flew in from Sulani. They left baby Kendall at home with her grandfathers.
    roxd5zl.png

They stopped by the nightclub portion of the lot, and I like to think Millie's comforting Max here by pointing out that Diego's ghost proves there's something beyond death.
    UDE50Q4.png

And this is the grief + jet lag picture.
    76vHBLn.png

So there you have it, every child and grandchild of Athena plus their spouses made an appearance. She's left a large legacy, much more than I expected when I made a single sim with the serial romantic trait and put her in San Myshuno where it would be easier to meet people. She ended up also completing the Big Happy Family aspiration, and became a mother of nine, grandmother of 16 and great grandmother of one. And then the number of households in my save exploded so fast as her children aged up that they all now get played about once every 2-3 months so she's been an elder for well over a real life year. I'm going to miss her constantly stopping by to visit every single one of her children pretty much every sim week.

But the stories move on, and my next post will move forward with Amelia's branch of the family.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    In my game today I let the Grim Reaper (in my eyes it's now the reaper from @DoodlyDoofus ) worked overtime and filled the central cemetry from corpses from npc sims around the towns. At least 10 sims died from hunger, old age and the flu.

Now my answers and comments. I hope I haven't forget anyone.

@Beardedgeek
    Mostly still in school. Have rediscovered the joy of winter (seriously, the fact that there are street vendors selling warm spiced apple juice* ONLY in winter is somehow making me appreciate Seasons even more)

*Which in my head obviously is transformed into Glühwein

Cheers. I hope you and your sims are prepared for the cold season. ;)

There are already christmas sweets in the supermarket. One the one side, it's a little bit early, on the other side, they are the fresh produced. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

@revgrv awesome pictures. I have never seen how the motherplant eat someone.

@DeafSimmer I had never thought that Laurent is just an ... at this point. People who take fame before family (twice, even in front of the own child) deserve no good end. But I will let me surprise how it will end in this generation.

@MelsieYT Welcome Back to this thread. And thank you for following my challenge. I don't have any blog. Wenn I started this challenge I never thought that I would play it long enough to create an own thread in the story forum, because I'm notorius in starting new things and drop them when they overwelming or boring me. In this thread I feel save enough just to post things around the story too like what I've build or tested that day, which doesnt quite fit in a story thread. Maybe I will give a try and transfer the parts to the storyforum.
    That family photo looks so good! You can make it into cc and put it in your game too! So many toddlers though, wow that poor mama! She's a queen!

Thank you. If I had an idea how cc is functioning I would do it. :) But Last time I checked, that I need a lot of extra stuff. The picture fools a little bit. Anna is 5 years (they age up to children with 6 in my game), Elfriede 4 years and Johanna 2 years old.

@Koteyka Such a cute update. Ianto loving coffee. Such cute pictures. Especially I adore this one. :D

3KH4lgM.jpg

Sometimes I wish I could give more than just one like and awesome.

@AlwaysAsking The real Thorne, I'm melting. <3
    Why do you think Wilhelm rejected the hug from Luisa? And yeah, I image you'd love for the war time to be over!

I think it was hard to get photographs way back then. Especially of a child, because you had to remain motionless for a while. But I know it could be done. There are pictures of my grandmother as a child, and she was born in 1908.

Technically speaking, I thing the rejection came, because he was depressed (by my cheats), the romance bar was under 75 and he doesn't want to cuddle.

Wow, 1908, these picture are so precious. I don't have any real old pictures from my family, most of them are still at my parents home, but really old fotos I believe we don't have anymore. I guess they went lost or burnt in the WWII. The oldest picture I remember were from the early fifties, where they made a party.

@Metior_Ice I enjoy your story, even when I can't comment them. Theses challenges are intimidating, I would give up with such obstacles.

@sunblond I love reading in the journals and how the family is developing.

@Daephene Rest in Peace Athena. Even when it's a sad moment, these pictures a wonderful.

• Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hey everyone a comment post!

@AlwaysAsking That is really cool about Max and also how cool Dash was about it! I do remember the toy store update it is still neat how you used them though! Heh, that is cute you got distracted by your main couple having a dinner date~ xD

You are doing perfectly fine with making their relationship look strained and how things are devolving really, it is sad to see but realistic.

I dunno if all kids are obsessed with sand could be since sims can get highly obsesses but for now, I play it as she loves finding seashells (Wacky sim logic in the desert lol) for her collection. xD

Oh yes you are right, Lilith has been forgiven her, it is still a Mckenna hang up, but she has come a long way, but still has some to go until she can fully forgive herself. I think like Throne all three Stone siblings need a nice ticket to therapy. Even Max and Lili sure things are going good for them, but without inner peace and help or healing trauma and passed strife it can still stick around and cause issues.

I knooooowww man! My face! My jaw dropped when I hovered over Angel’s house once I realize he moved and saw Zest, in a new house geee was I shocked! I age kids up sometimes and do that and other times I wait hehe these little guys I can wait heh. I was laughing in my seat about how fast those kids went for the cupcake faster then the grownups when called to meal lol!

Yep! It is a CC hair, I love it a lot, it is for toddlers and children but he adult version is missing unfortunately but that is okay 😊

Yep it was cute he was sitting down, and she sat right with him! <3 I really love this ‘couple not couple lol’ I was thinking the rabbit hole career would be perfect and then just pretend she is babysitting them. 😊 There are babysitter mods, but I am good with the game one!

@Koteyka Hey thank you! Rainbow is my world :blush: I was surprised about the adopting must be a setting on MCCC actually kicking in! I love genetics too; I can’t wait to see what the results are.

Aww my heart with this update! In Tony, Thor found acceptance but was still never really understood with Lanto he found both <3 I am getting low key obsessed with Lanto and his story! I love it! Rhi to o and I am hoping the best for her and of course everyone else, oh poor Lanto, I have a bad feeling about going home for him.

@MelsieYT Thanks! I have a mod that makes teeth genetics and more random, so I think Rainbow inherited her cute teeth from her. Herr mom Brianna left Rainbow nameless on Max’s doorstep after a hook up as teens, I love them a lot, they have such a deep and special bond. Oooo both Alanna and Easton, seems to have good traits too! 😊

@sunblond Oooh you mean scarlet witch or something like that? I love her mods too! I use her subjects for homework which allow teens and children to actually have subjects in homework and build a bit of skill and the cool thing is as they get better it changes so for example level one social skill is Practice Vocabulary then at level like 8 or 9 I think in the social skill it will say: Write Essay or something like that! Plarbearsims? I will have to check them out thanks! Do you use Bienchens Whimoverhaoul mod? It makes the game for me! I wanted to do a thread on it to spread the word, I really like wants and wishes in sims 2 and 3 and this mod brings back the charm and personality of my sims.

I love Omar’s little rant about pamphlets it cracked me up! Parenting teens is rough! Hang in there! Aww even if they are a little lost it is nice to have a comradery of being lost lol, it is nice to relate to the bachelors.

I play the Goths that way, they had triplets in my main save and I dressed them all proper as soon as they aged to toddlers and enrolled them into private daycare (mod) and enrolled Alexander into private school (mod) and pulled Cassie form public school to homeschool/ watch her since she is a teenager.

Anyways lol ooooh yes go Omar! I was quietly waiting! 😊 Wait a go! Heh loved the “I was stalling okay?” xD nervous dad but for no reason! Go boys! See they are all and well at heart just teens! I am excited for more!

@RedDestiny92 Hehe I suck at guessing games but I swear a new style and some dye can super change someone’s appearance! xD

Ooooooh poor Angela! She seems to not make the best choices poor girl, I can’t help but roll my eyes but laugh in this whole update xD Because we know Joey but he is sooo charismatic but pooor Angie! Heheh you forgot Angel there Joey hehehe and plink boy is he gonna kick himself in th morning for tht one? Prob not, he is prob gonna turn it into a joke or one liner flirt xDD

@Dust_Bunny2010 Yes he is, a single teen dad no less! I am working on a blog that can catch anyone up if they feel like it 😊

So like, don’t judge me but I kinda love May xD IDK maybe because she is just so judgey and kinda horrible it wows me and I wanna see more? xD

Hehe all that fighting do you have Eco living or lifestyle idk what it Is called it could be a NAP? I love her self-absorbed commentary like I said it amuses me I guess hehe~

I love the exterior of her home though so warm looking, the interior of course needs upgrades and roses lol those seem to suit her heh.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you so much! I appreciate the comment and I have having a blast with this save!

@revgrv You are so welcome! 😊 I am a huge fan of the darkness so bring it on!

Whoa well you brought it…. Maaaan that is greatly tragic! How intense was that line about her brother!

I love that praying pose you used man, if there is any more about her I can’t wait to see, geez she is going to be quite the mess huh?

@Sofmc9 Really? Well that stinks about that bug! Maybe it will get fixed? Maybe is there a way to notify the modder? Also thank you so much heh, up and coming pose addict here lol xD

@March306 Excellent update! Wow Doug blew me always especially the update version! What a good looking man! Also double twins! Thank goodness the boys aged to children a little easier!

@Daephene Whoa Dae, that was beautiful, I was getting a little teary eyed watching the family grief and comfort each other. Pfft Britany Cho, think I am going to yeet her into the void when I get Get Famous aka delete her, she is nothing but trouble it seems!

@Daravi Oh, oh I meant to tell you lovely pictures of your family I love the ones in the garden too! :)
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Thanks for explaining Artbreeder!
    @DeafSimmer Ugh, Kristi is a piece of work. I know I’ve said similar, but Twyla looks so like her ancestors, it’s uncanny!
    @Koteyka adorable photos, as always. Ianto looks so sad in some of those photos, I’d give him a hug if I could. I don’t know if he’d appreciate it though.
    @sunblond It can be a little confusing with multiple saves, but I mainly use my different saves for exploring different bits of the game without squishing them all into one. The Fosters I created because I wanted to explore Sulani/Island Living, then the Harper-Joneses are (obviously) a lesbian couple who adopt their kids, and the Mastersons are Spellcasters (plus I’m exploring the Acting career with Caroline). I made Anne Foster into a Spellcaster, mainly because I wanted to have a Sim go through the Rite of Ascension as opposed to me creating Spellcasters in CAS.
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm putting a lot of TV and game characters in my neighborhoods and one of them is the Bunkers from All In the Family. Granted this is funnier if you know about the show, but I had Archie cook some foreign food and he accidently started a fire. (For those of you who don't know, Archie is the kind of guy who doesn't like foreigners, doing "women's work", and is a bigot.)

Some of the other things that have happened are...

Bundy (Married...With Children): Bud was dating Audrey (from HuniePop) until he died an emotion-related death, but he left her with a child I named, Bud Jr. Kelly ended up marrying Robert (from Dream Daddy) and I named their child, Marcy, after the Bundys' neighbor from the show.

Midoriya (My Hero Academia): I had Izuku's mom marrying Craig (Dream Daddy) to win an inheritance and to make sure the baby she was pregnant with would have a dad. Since it ended up being a girl, I named her Deka. Meanwhile, Izuku is dating Tarane (w.i.t.c.h.) despite the fact that she stood him up on their first date. And no thanks to some autonomous woohoo with a neighbor the mom befriended, she got pregnant again and unintentionally ended up destroying the marriage of Sandra Huxtable (Cosby Show).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top