Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    When the Council of Sages learned of strange goings on in Strangerville they sent member in good standing, Mirimata Sin to check it out.

It went poorly.

K8mSBtJ.png

ycm0giC.png

Meanwhile, Eve Sin, Mirimata's vampire kid, finished making Messere Robot which she made for her sister Willow because she knew Willow was too self-involved and focused on her job to ever be satisfied with a living person:

lvSfPPQ.png

QTt594Y.png

It's been working out pretty well though:

XOj4Sth.png

06k4ZYG.png

&PHgr;
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I'm making Heidi and the grandfather's house. :3 Too bad Granite Falls is not residential ; )

gRuxVxW.png

0tEh589.png
  • Options
    Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    @Sofmc9 I loved that story! Don't forget Peter and Clara.

Very short update because arranging pictures before the computer resets to midnight is a pain in the butt. Why 12 AM is a thing instead of 00 AM, I'll never know.

8S8Ritf.png

After a tiring day from revising articles in Smogue, May somehow took a wrong turn after a bout of drowsiness and ended up near the vet instead.

FZNpwvq.png

Even then, she was dedicated to her work, examining and criticizing fashion, snipping threads and threading needles in her head.

sNi9UF1.png

Eventually, the fatigue caught up amidst the dog puke and pee. Thankfully, the weekend should be more relaxing.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Just being in school.

Start of last term vs start of first term:
    BKMbRjv.png

7C7CEhv.png

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    @Haneul
    p.773 Haha, yeah Owen would deserve them to team up against him but I have a soft spot for him. Wow Cabe is not pleasant at all, especially at a romance festival. Atleast Dysis was having a good time. Good on Dyna for rejecting Cabe! p.774 It was surprising when Owen turned down his hug. I tried it twice to see if I was seeing things and he did it both times. I guess Jade really was a bad influence for him. The family photo turned out pretty good. Poor Deli, she doesn't want it bothering her just yet, but it's catching up to her. p.776 Aww what a cute hug from little Rex Fier. LOL Dysis getting distracted thinking about her boyfriend :D Her face is cute in that picture. And her grades weren't so bad.
    @Alwaysasking
    p.773 Neat! Lawrence got accepted into both universities. He had a great celebration. I forgot to use the rocking chair with Claudio, I'm so disappointed in myself! But I've moved it in to Sylvia's room so I'll have to have the boys sneak in to try it out :D Glad to see you're liking the story so far. Yeah, Claudio didn't let anyone eat the cake, usually when my sims blow the candles, they all get, but when I looked over they were all just sitting there with Claudio smiling while staring at it. They were just grabbing food from the fridge. :D Sylvia and Owens bar was originally red but it got back to neutral. Though it kept rising and lowering. They did have a physical fight, Owen was really angry when confronting Jade and I saw he had a fight option. And I thought what could go wrong :D She ended up beating him up, guess all the gym visits worked out for her. I forgot to take a screenshot so we'll just pretend it didn't happen :D Yes, his apartment is the one next to the Rasoya's! Good eye! Things will start to get better now :D p.775 Nice sand statue those two made! Danni and Don together always have adorable moments. LOL Danni tricked me too! I was like what dog is that!? :D Thorne is too sweet with Danni, throwing a Rockstar party. Don's face is perfect when Danni beat him to the park. Lol Thorne asked Judith for a favor. LMAO all the kids reacting the same because of their kissing :D Thats too cute! Danni didn't mind though :) LOL Danni's marshmallow fell of the stick, that's good timing :D Wow very cool resemblance between younger Don and Danni. Very cool catch! How nice, Lucas is pushing Danni. Hope things are okay with Don and Thorne! p.776 OOoo Dash is his uncle now! I think you can delete her, and they'll still be related! I remember doing something similar a few months ago and had good results. You can always try without saving and if it doesn't work just reload before you did it. But if you don't want to delete her...try drowning her? LOL that sounds so wrong. I really love Max and Dash! Max is just so adorable! The end result of the bridge is hilarious but its still cute! Everyone's reaction :D Dash's face every time Max does something :D Awh he can't handle losing so well.
    @sarabeth2984
    p.774 Thanks for the info! I'll have to check if I can send Bandit for those feathers. Yeah, Owen should've seen that coming. LOL like the shot of Delaney trying to remove the egg, little stuff like that I enjoy. Oh no, she caught on fire! at least Myron was there. LOL what a bad moment to bring up the memory of Tobias peeing himself :D p.776 Very cool the whole family spends time together! Thats such a cool idea! Everyone doing their own activities is nice! Lol Harry showing off his muscles :D The sibling duel looked fun. Wow they built alot of sand sculptures. Wow Maribelle drawing is amazing! The vacation looks great! p.777 I like the hippie household, it sad some of them have none but they found a new home, I like it. Awh the art gallery was great for Maribelle! And the kids were kept busy :D

Owen invited Sylvia out on a date, and Sylvia let herself relax. Owen was quite charming. 18oLq49.png
    Owen was happy to be given another chance fhIav2M.png Sylvia asked him if any one reached out to him for a job interview yet, but Owen replied that for now its date, and not to worry about that right now. yuKL8Ve.png Sylvia enjoyed the restaurant and Owen they should bring the whole family one day. 7dqBecm.png When they got back home, Owen didn't go inside. They had decided they would be a secret. And if it was serious, they'd let everyone know. Owen didn't mind, he was happy to spend time with her again. NNn35UA.png Next time, she'd have to visit his place xmLLkcc.png

The next time Sylvia did go over to his place. Though it wasn't a date, so she asked him for an update regarding his job search. CAV0lrR.png
    Owen hadn't gotten any job interviews or replies yet, so he was just doing some odd jobs for money. Sylvia offered to help him, if he ever needed money, she wouldn't mind lending him some. Though Own didn't want that. k9V2Ulw.png He convinced her everything was going to work out and for now they enjoyed the moment o6VXLkk.png It was ruined when Sylvia spotted a huge mouse :D2CfqRcJ.pngOwen just laughed at her and told her "it can't be so bad" but when he saw it, he too was scared :D6VVtTkW.png It was almost Archie's birthday and Abigail wanted to get a picture of the boy's before he aged. She set up spot in the treehouse and prepared the boys to be ready for the special day. uMqKPt1.png Owen came to see the boys, but when he realized they were busy, he was glad at least Sylvia was available. 5Cek6UA.png

Just as they let go from their hug, Sylvia noticed Archie coming into the house so she left to do some work. Archie was glad to see Owen visited, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. ToUbN8i.png
    Owen took the boys over to his place for the weekend and told them not to make a mess. 9ewYXuX.png Through the weekend he was texting Sylvia, but told the boys he was just looking for any update on his job search. mK2XPGp.png He was glued to his phone :DaUYLmiF.png They kept themselves a secret and neither Archie or Claudio suspected a thing.xB9NT7r.png It was soon New Years eve and Owen was invited to spend it with the family. While Abigial watched over the boys, Owen was with Sylvia IQ7JJeY.png When the ball was about to drop they gathered in the living room. AZ76b5c.png Just as the countdown reached the last minute, Owen and Sylvia left without anyone realizing. When the countdown hit 0, Abigail celebrated with Archie and Claudio. bgWKKuk.png While Owen and Sylvia celebrated with a kiss elsewhere s4ABgmK.png Abigail hugged her grandkids 89vnOsY.png and the two each other tNeGgsp.png Just as anyone was about to realize Sylvia and Owen were missing, they returned 7YFpsac.png
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Diary of Roxanne Denny Monte**gro

-Victor got dumped, and he got dumped hard. I go the story from Victor himself, of course, but I also got some details from Kaden Benali, see his girlfriend Christine Goth is BFF’s with Hugh Li-Don, so Kaden had some additional inside info he told me. This is what I pieced together, apparently, Christine is a vegetarian and she belongs to some cross between a club and a support group for it at school. A guy named Donnie Xie is in it too, he, by the way is half-Asian, his dad is Asian and his mom is white just like Hugh, and Hugh’s dad is also vegetarian so he’s kind of used to that kind of food too, OK. So that’s how Hugh and Donnie met, through Christine, they met after Hugh started dating Victor. Well, Sunday, I guess Donnie went over to Hugh’s and they got to talking and well, not sure what happened and all, no one but those two knows for sure, but something did. Because when Victor showed up at Hugh’s house later, Donnie was still there and Hugh had the “let’s just be friends” talk with Victor. And, get this, Donnie was setting in the room with them when it happened. Victor did not take it well, he and Hugh had a big argument, Donnie tried to calm them down according to Victor, and later Victor was a total mess over it, I mean he’s heart broken. Then, like the next day or really soon after it came out that Donnie and Hugh were a couple. Well, you can imagine how that went over, right?
    Felipe, yes, the man who was so upset that Victor was bi, that guy, was absolutely livid, I mean it was all I could do to keep him from going over to Hugh’s house to give him a piece of his mind when he found out about it. Like that would have helped and not made things 10 times worse, right?
    Poor Victor, it’s his first broken heart and it’s a dozy, getting dumped is bad enough, but then having your nose rubbed in it, well, it’s just not a good situation for anyone, especially someone like Victor in his first relationship. I want to do something, but I know that time is about the only thing that will help. I can let Victor vent, but that’s about it, and boy has he vented, he’s vented to everyone in the family and I’d imagine half his class at school by now.
    Well, I am finding myself in an awkward position again, with Victor. He was over here looking for Felipe, he likes to cry on his big brothers shoulder, they are nice shoulders, I’ll admit. Felipe was at bowling practice so Victor started his venting thing on me, OK, I just let him, I did some of that myself back in the day. Well, Victor got worked up and he let something slip. As in he and Hugh had done some things, things teenagers shouldn’t be doing, I mean. And, well, you know how I am, I pressed him on it and he admitted that he and Hugh would get together at Hugh’s house on Saturdays while his parents were both working and stuff happened. Being the nosy butt-in I am, I pressed him for details and he finally came out with it. Victor and Hugh went “all the way”. As in, as far as you can go as two guys, sigh. Well, I just told Victor that he was way too young to be getting into that kind of adult relationship and that now he sees why that kind of thing is a big deal. How he feels now, well, it’s a whole lot worse than if he and Hugh had been less intimate. Victor, I said, when you have that kind of relationship with someone you need to be really sure of your feelings, because now the hurt and pain you’re feeling is way worse that if you had been more cautious about it. Don’t get me wrong, getting dumped is never fun, but well, relationships are hard even for adults, and there’s always a risk that you can get hurt. Ultimately, when you find the right person, it’s worth it, but you are just way too young right now to be that serious about another person. I’m talking from experience here, I’ve been dumped myself, I know how it feels, and it was a long time before I was ready to take a chance again. Ultimately, you need to be careful of your heart though Victor, I mean that, don’t jump into something like that again without weighing all the consequences, OK? Then he cried on my shoulder for a long time.-

jjf2tD1.jpg
    Happier days, or the calm before the storm.

L4iFNPm.jpg
    Uh-oh!

EnHDidv.jpg
    The break-up.

CFzWlQh.jpg
    Victor and Hugh, before the break-up.

-Dad’s been taking the boys fishing a couple of times a week now, and by boys, I mean Carlos, Austin, and Victor. He keeps them out way too late, in my opinion, but what can I say, it’s my dad, and Carlos comes home soo excited and happy, he just loves being with PapPap and his Uncles, it makes him feel like a big boy he says, sigh. So, I just let it go, it’s a nightmare trying to get Carlos to bed afterwards, to get him bathed and ready for bed then he doesn’t want to sleep because he is still so excited or whatever, even though he is as sleepy as a bear in winter. I can’t tell my dad anything, he won’t listen to me, or Felipe either for that matter, he can be so stubborn and the older he gets the worse it is, if you ask me. Anyway, the thing is, I think that it's helping Victor, I’m still worried about him and how he is handling his break-up, he really took it hard, first love and all, been there myself. But, it gives him something to do and focuses his attention on something else, at least for a little while, I guess. Plus, he is really good with Carlos and Little Ricky, he really takes being their uncle seriously and all. So, in the scheme of things, I’m just going to let it be. I gave up trying to say anything to dad about it and just be content my son has a good time and is building up a good relationship with his family.-

sxRMb4M.jpg
    Fishing with the family.

-Victor had a night out this week, Kaden, Austin and one of those Clark-Perales boys, don’t ask me which one, Kristian Clark-Perales, who I know from bowling club back in the day, has two teen boys, both redheaded and freckled and his sister Brayden, also from bowling club, well she has a redheaded freckled teenage boy too and I honestly don’t know which is which. But anyway the four of them all went to Windenburg for one of those teen nights at a dance club. It’s the first time Victor has done anything social besides going fishing with my dad, Austin says he misses bowling practices a lot now too, he has issues with Christine Goth, she being Hugh’s BFF and all, sigh. Anyway, I’m hoping he’s turned a corner and will start to be more like his old self.-

QVj4L3B.jpg
    Victor avoids Christine.

-Darsh was over here all day Saturday, I swear, those two are completely lost whenever they have to be alone. I mean it, Tucker and Darsh, it’s like they get lonely if one of them is working or whatever. The thing is, Tucker was away at a law conference all weekend and it was like Darsh couldn’t stand to be alone and Tucker is just as bad, when Darsh first started working for Uncle Kyle and they had separate work schedules, Tucker was like a lost puppy. Both of them were single for a while before, I mean Darsh lived all alone before he married Tucker, I get Tucker was living at home and was used to having people around, but seriously, I sure wouldn’t mind a bit of alone time to myself, I’m lucky if I get to pee and bathe in private, just saying.-

JTvHtHe.jpg
    Darsh shows up while Tucker is away.

kBp0nb3.jpg
    Little Ricky likes Uncle Darsh.

-Felipe got a promotion, thank heavens, not that I care about it that much, I mean, I care, but seriously we do OK for money and all, but Felipe was stressed out over it, and with everything else going on, well, this might help with that. I don’t know though, he’s a Corporate Raider now, I don’t like the sound of that, to be honest, swiping up small companies and then selling them off for a profit. Well, I liked it better when he managed hedge funds, he talked to people all the time that he knew and all and made money for them. He didn’t make people loose their jobs. Swoop in and buy up companies and fire all the people and sell it off for a profit, it sounds horrible, well, whatever, he thinks it’s great, but we’ll see. He is spending more time with the boys now that he got the promotion, he’s not working on stuff when he gets home so much and all and he seems way less stressed too. He plays soccer with Carlos and he’s teaching him chess. And he has time to read Little Ricky a bedtime story, and, well, he’s paying a lot more attention to me, if you get what I mean. So that part is good, but I’m just worried my softhearted husband will not find his new position as “nice” as he thinks later on.-

5zeUMyO.jpg
    The promotion means more time with family.

@Lyrie About the mod for restaurants you were asking about, there is one by littlemssam that does what you are asking that I use in my game. Also, Bienchen has one called better food quality that does that too, but I use two of her other restaurant mods in my game, restaurant guest overhaul and restaurant sit tweak, that improve the overall experience from Dine Out. Links below:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/rund-um-mahlzeiten-food-related/

@sarabeth2984 I love that your "Hippie Family" take in foster kids and adopt, I always have foster children and adopted kids in my games too. Whenever I find the game has generated a random teen with no family, I either make a parent for them or I add them to a townie couple household that don't have any children.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Dust_Bunny2010 Welcome back! I'm a little sad to miss the rest of what you intended with your old story, but I'm always happy to meet new sims and new stories! Do you have Eco Lifestyle? I've heard it has a bug that causes excessive clay balls. Also I thought I was the only person who said "for serious?" That shot of her sleeping with the view through the window is very pretty.

@Metior_Ice I'm several days behind. The new twins are super cute as toddlers. I love the 'flower emojis" line. Ah, I see as I read on that they are also cute as children. Wow they have a lot of fires.

@Daravi Cool idea to reforest Windenberg. It looks cool! I like this new cast of characters and look forward to their stories. I'm glad Wilhelm made it home.

@AlwaysAsking I worry about this rotation too! So far, 2 down and maybe six to go? But we'll spend a while mourning Athena. And eventually Geeta, when I play Raj again.
    I'm glad Thorne showed up at the park. The kids' reactions to the kissing were great.
    Dash's skeptical reactions to Max's promises were also great.

@sarabeth2984 I have always loved Eddie and Harry and Maribelle, nice to see them again! Death runs a retirement village?

@Lucy_Henley Sorry for your loss of Ellie. Lol at the grim reaper borrowing their wifi. I had a sim with the Friend of the World aspiration in the political career once, with aging on for all sims, and at one point in her life she was constantly in mourning because a whole bunch of them started dying of old age all at once. So I understand what Jenny is going through. Or at least what you're going through watching her.

@Koteyka Thank you for your nice comments! Morgan's such a cute child, but maybe growing up a little too fast! I am very curious where the Ianto story is going.

@Lyrie That's a good idea, having volunteering as a holiday activity! It's too bad they didn't put that in the game without mods. Rainbow's rainbow dress is adorable.

@Beardedgeek What are her fitness secrets?

@BlueSeaWaves Not entirely convinced Owen deserves a second chance, but since he has one I hope he lives up to it.

There were a lot of other posts I enjoyed but didn't have a specific comment for. But I left awesomes as I went! Happy simming all!
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    Started a super casual just-for-fun play!

odL6T73.png

Moved them into 1010 Alto (where my actual Vatores, Johnny, and Morgyn live in my main save), and have done the interior framing and kitchen and dining so far. Details and floorplan beneath spoilers!

Tptupnj.png
    Floorplan. There are six bedrooms - three have ensuites, two share a bathroom, one has a bathroom right nearby. Haven't quite worked out who's going where, yet!
    KmGstII.png

And some more kitchen details. Main set used for the counters, appliances et cetera is the Kichen pack by Harrie and FelixAndre.
    CadQXui.png
    nDu6bXz.png
    eVxkoeB.png
    EuQmF6q.png

@sunblond aww, I love found family and how they basically adopted Robert! Kaden's an interesting kid - very sensible about Josie, but that blind spot over Chantel... Glad they're all getting closer, but oh my, the boys staring at Josie is hilariously awkward! (And yeah, Alexander would have had an interesting time with Bella as his mother! XD)

Man, relationship dramas! Very amused at how Joaquin hasn't changed his outfit in all that time, and Alexander's delight at Philip getting into chess! I'm glad Samyr was able to join the Avant Gardes, and the cosplay club is only a few years away!

Poor Victor! First break-ups must be tough :( Ooh, and good luck to Felipe with the promotion!

@DoodlyDoofus Grim and Grom are hilarious and deeply concerning. "How did you get the Millennium Falcon?!" "I killed a man for it!" "Oh you make me prouder with each passing day." I think Gil got a lucky escape tbh. And of course Grim Sr and Vader are all buddy-buddy XD

Grom around school kids? Oh god. And Vader has been demasked! I wonder what his vitamin D levels are like...

@Koteyka it was practically the first line of the first episode, what a way to introduce a show XD Oooh, are we going to see that certain J at any point? Given, you know, his lifestate XD Am intrigued at how this will play out!

The ArtBreeder things are fascinating! I mean, we know what the RL versions look like because... actors (like I can definitely see Chris Hemsworth in your Thor!), but still, really neat! The tots are precious, aww!

Ianto's first word... completely on-point XD Aww, I'm glad he likes the ocean! Oh my god Morgs at least wait until you hit your teenage years XD Man I think Ianto has been watching Baby Genuises, heh. "So what could possibly go wrong?" Oh NO...

@sarabeth2984 Maribelle and Harry are such a fun pair / household! Glad they were able to help out the Villareal kids :D Harry deciding he likes metal is fun!
  • Options
    @Daephene a cruel God who keeps klicking on her then a piece of fitness equipment ;)
    Tho it helps to start off with the Bodybuilder aspiration because your Sim cannot get more out of shape, ever, than how you make him or her if you do.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice I'm several days behind. The new twins are super cute as toddlers. I love the 'flower emojis" line. Ah, I see as I read on that they are also cute as children. Wow they have a lot of fires.

The fires make me utter "Flower Emoji" and "Not again." The fires happen a lot... Electrocutions too... The lot is Cursed...

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Yet through it all, May slept peacefully, dreaming of the day her clothes will make a mark in fashion history like mademoiselle, while also banishing horrible trends like eyeball rings and clay.

This was awesome. banish them. Banish Them. BANISH THEM!

• Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    When Mirimata didn't return from her 'vacation' in Strangerville Eve got suspicious and started to investigate. Her mother manifested and warned her to run for she didn't understand what was waiting for her.

tDYQYwB.png

But Eve is stubborn as all hell and also a grandmaster vampire who can beat the elder Vlad up in a fight so she was like 'lol no'. Besides, whatever had killed her mother was mind controlling an entire town and while Eve had gradually been moving away from her humanity ever since she came into her vampiric powers the idea of allowing its influence to spread was intolerable.

What she found gave even her some pause however...

5v4SAIX.png

Meanwhile Eli (Sin, Willow and Eve's brother, Mirimata's only spellcasting child) and Emilio's will-they-won't-they relationship, mostly because Emilio was trying to figure out whether he really liked men in that way finally tilted, definitively, to yeah they absolutely will.

rQA3QXj.png

QnQPi3i.png

&PHgr;
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Wow, so it seems Ariel's time is FINALLY coming....Not saying that as a good thing, just....didn't think Mermaids could live this long. Might as well invite her over to see the family before she goes.
    YCrua9v.png
    Oh and there's her equally old as hell daughter, Luna. However the difference is, at least Luna's immortal. Good thing though, don't think Ariel needed to outlive ANOTHER daughter of hers. Oh yeah, some of Luna's sisters are dead...Not Sonya of course, she is also here to curse the world for an eternity.
    Cbe9oru.png
    Darth Vader: "Hello Ladies, I too am old as dirt."
    t4TypzR.png
    Octavia: "It sucks that you're dying soon."
    Ariel: "Yeah would've been nice to see my first Great-Great Grandchild be born. But unfortunately your kids are slow as hell at this whole procreating thing."
    eetkrbQ.png
    Speaking of, here's Grim at the lounge for a few drinks.
    dcrmTt2.png
    Oh boy, looks like "The Punchlines" club is here to hang out....A club in which Octavia and Sonya are members of....Nice.
    T1C0u8Q.png
    Sonya: "Now how many times has this happened to you? You're stabbing someone to death and they start trying to fight back! It's like 'Dude, you've already been stabbed 28 times, no amount of clawing at my eyes is going to stop the bleeding.' I mean really, what's up with that?"
    YNCkCSV.png
    Octavia: "If you don't laugh she will no doubt kill everyone here."
    hgedRhv.png
    Igor: "Now that is a joke I can appreciate."
    uKulZMq.png
    Yes, Grim is going to need a LOT of those to get through this night.
    ASfWJnZ.png
    Might as well have a conversation with this woman, Sabrina Zavala, while Grim's Ghost Ancestor acts as the third wheel.
    fgxcly8.png
    Grim: "Now you'll see why they call me Grim "I have at least 7 different love interests I stopped talking to" Reaper."
    Y793XIs.png
    Grim: "Now you'll see why they call me Grim "I really move too fast in these relationships" Reaper."
    8BqXGkj.png
    But hey she's cool with it apparently.
    GBgrXeO.png
    Boy, things sure are getting crowded with the whole 'Grim's extended family just keeps showing up to this' aesthetic.
    D0YU3Si.png
    Oh boy that sure is a dirty bar.
    aiDgrMH.png
    Don't worry, Magical Octavia will fix it.
    q18hclY.png
    And Igor will do some situps.
    fOyoRl1.png
    Grim: "I think we should move this to the balcony to get away from everyone."
    pNSfqF1.png
    And Grim continues to show us that he moves too fast in relationships!
    sQUap9z.png
    Kala: "Huh, 'The Big Book of Chaos.' Who could have left this here?"
    pNHIq0E.png
    Several years earlier.
    Grim: "Boy, I should really stop leaving copies of this book everywhere."
    09clVmn.png
    Octavia: "You know what I just realized? This whole time you were on Batuu you haven't been practicing your magic. We must battle to see how rusty you've gotten."
    bAqjMHk.png
    Grim: "I'll show you that I am anything but 'rusty.' I am The Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Rea-"
    2qbdhLm.png
    JdfymAj.png
    Oof
    koMJe06.png
    Oh great, Sarai just drowned.
    Dgiuatg.png
    Grim: "No way, I'm not letting another kid die here....Because Octavia will kill me!"
    15qlyFm.png
    Grim: "Yes, I am aware I'm immortal, but Octavia will find a way to kill me!"
    wDBX5rQ.png
    Sarai: "I can breathe!"
    Darth Vader: "yay."
    aWPT0ta.png
    Sarai: "No don't drop me back in the water!"
    OYuUj8P.png
    Darth Vader: "Uhh Grim, you might have to revive her again."
    7p2DEBL.png
    Octavia: "Boy Grim, what was with all that crying and splashing I heard last night?"
    aZEYjyR.png
    Grim: "....Nothing, nothing at all."
    XAylb75.png
    Darth Vader: "Oh yeah, she'll totally believe you."
    dNC9FID.png
    Oh AND today was Sarai's birthday. Well good thing we didn't let her die then huh?
    ke9GhJC.png
    Well it's starting to get cold out again so Grim's trying to warm up by the fireplace.
    awoJvZG.png
    Darth Vader: "Hey, you smell something cooking?"
    j6zNbqP.png
    Yes, turns out it's Grim. Grim is cooking.
    eTUHRkY.png
    Grim: "Sarai, you saved me?"
    Sarai: "I owe you one for putting me out when I was on fire all those years ago."
    Grim: "Huh, Karma DOES work."
    lEPgLnB.png
    Grim: "Oh sweet buttery Jesus, two near death experiences in one day?!"
    Octavia: "What do you mean, TWO?"
    MZTkCgw.png
    Grim: "Man, this day has been pretty crazy. I just can't think of how it could any crazier than this."
    Tdtudgs.png
    And then Gil just teleported behind him.
    Grim: "Oh hey Gil."
    RPVEEOU.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @DeafSimmer ugh, that’s so tough with Laurent and Saoirse and their argument. After they’d been so sweet together in the previous update... not every couple has a happy ending, though. And thankfully Luna and Shawn, and Zelda and Rhydian are still happy.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    edited September 2020
    Back with the Mastersons! I was kind of missing them. Ah, the perils of having three save games... I'm also keen to get back to the Sulani save and playing with three toddlers... that'll be fun :D:D

Peter was now a master spellcaster, and was getting ever closer to his goal of becoming a virtuoso. His main focus would always be potions, of course, but it was always worth practising other forms of magic. He decided to practise some untamed magic, and soon learnt the Chillio spell. Another spell he'd recently learnt was Inferniate, Chillio's opposite. Perhaps he could have some fun by setting things on fire and then putting them out...?

0FBRwg4.jpg

"Morning, you two!" Caroline said brightly. "Did you sleep OK?"
    "Yes, thanks, Mummy," Apollo replied.
    "Now, there is something I should tell you two, that I told Erytheia and Xanthe when they were your age. We are a family of Spellcasters."
    "Wow! Does that mean we can practice magic?" Artemis grinned excitedly.
    Caroline smiled somewhat sadly, anticipating her children's upset responses.
    "Sadly not," she said, and Artemis's smile dropped. "Not at your age, anyway. Magic is a very powerful tool, and not to be messed around with. You'll have to wait until you are teenagers. Daddy and I can still take you to the Magic Realm, though, and you can obtain a familiar."
    "I don't want to wait," Apollo pouted.
    "I know. What you can do for now, though, is to work really hard at school, OK? Magic is quite difficult to learn and master, so you'll find it easier if you've got a good academic background. You're both smart kids, so hopefully things won't be too tough for you."
    Artemis nodded. She was disappointed that she couldn't turn her classmates into frogs, of course, but it occurred to her that waiting could be a good thing... get her classmates to think she was like any normal Sim, and then BOOM she could turn them into a frog. Or a... hmm, what other spells were there?

0Hi4rhL.jpg

The older twins had school projects to complete. They had been allowed to choose what they wanted to do a project on, and Erytheia had chosen space. After plenty of research, and lots of construction (and occasional deconstruction when she got something wrong), she was finally finished with her model of the Solar System, and she was pretty pleased with it.

JNHqIaX.jpg

That afternoon, Caroline had another acting gig. One of the tasks she'd been assigned was to work on her fitness skill. She was fairly comfortable using the treadmill, and decided to up the speed and incline.
    "OOF! Ow, man, that was painful!"
    "Honey, are you OK?" Peter asked.
    "Yeah, yeah," Caroline said, feeling embarrassed. "I accidentally set the speed too high... silly me flew off the treadmill."
    "That reminds me, I don't take enough exercise," Peter said. "Too much time bent over a cauldron isn't exactly healthy in the long run. I need to get outside a little more."

g3B3saf.jpg

Over at the television lot, Caroline had just been given her latest look.
    Oh my Plumbob, this hairstyle makes me look ridiculous, she thought. I look like some weird curly-haired punk. At least it's only a wig.

JOX6EkC.jpg

For some reason, one of Caroline's tasks was to play the guitar. She wasn't exactly sure how this had to do with an apocalypse, but she'd long since learnt just to suck her feelings up and do whatever was asked of her. After all, it brought in money. Her guitar skill wasn't the greatest, so she decided to play *cough cough* it safe.

JhBoPAL.jpg

The gig went well, and Caroline was promoted to level 7, Rising Star. Her fame level had briefly dropped down to Notable Newcomer, but it was now back up to level 2 again... so she's a Rising Star in more ways than one!

Apollo loved the outdoors. Even he knew that it was rather chilly right now, though, so he had to think of ways to burn off his energy. He had a ball in his room, and decided to practise his keepy-uppy skills.

sp4Xruq.jpg

The following day was still cold, and Apollo decided to go outside anyway and play on the large wooden pirate ship on the terrace garden.
    "Hmm... what can I see... is that land or treasure? I'll have to set sail and find out!"

AiulhIQ.jpg

It's currently Winterfest in-game! I gave everyone some fun Christmas-themed outfits. The kids' outfits are all CC, but Caroline's jumper isn't. Peter is just wearing his second cold-weather outfit, which is just a jumper and jeans.

Erytheia
    8PEgpXt.jpg

Xanthe, in green for a change
    QqxMmFp.jpg

Artemis
    79pYlLz.jpg

Apollo
    8QQjZ1I.jpg

Caroline
    QBRZAE0.jpg

• Options
    Mostly still in school. Have rediscovered the joy of winter (seriously, the fact that there are street vendors selling warm spiced apple juice* ONLY in winter is somehow making me appreciate Seasons even more)

*Which in my head obviously is transformed into Glühwein
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I haven't been in this thread in MONTHS! So much happened! I'll also have a separate post just to reply to people.

I took a bit of a break from playing after the Star Wars update because I was having some major broken mod issues, but they're finally fixed now and I've been playing non-stop for 2 days! Still with the same family (click for family tree) I started playing in May. My gen 2 heir moved out with his brother and I've been getting his life started. After some shenanigans in his teen years and a few failed relationships, he FINALLY found the woman he's going to marry. I love them so much together. They're both family-oriented so I might end up with a huge family for gen 3. I'm not prepared.

Some of these photos aren't from TODAY specifically, but I'm lumping them all in here anyway. From start to finish these span maybe 2 weeks in game?

b5e57fac76f612b0f614adde4671a5b60cf0f7af.png
    dd793193163e3cafc058054e2c4865d869a5ba73.png
    Raymie and Luke visiting their boys at their new apartment in San Myshuno.

ab7c687c304fab2936652a68fc5993dba82ab3c2.png
    17e5082df91f1db434c2943d907dbb6ad0f2d4a9.png
    Aaron and Reese still going strong even though she still lives in Sulani and they only see each other on weekends.

f53ab74de0206873c9f19018a3eedddf9e76d20e.png
    e40289bb693b94874232da64c589e76ec95fc9b7.png
    He's a physics major and part of the bot savants.

cf5010a5e0c82f453c1afb43890c82c805d3a9b9.png
    Maddie, Jamie and Aaron's older sister, is expecting twins with her wife!

b5c50d5f3e12683836843a51d5f575aeef153289.png
    0ed795ce99594ee3575c489bddb982eaba0844d4.png
    I THINK I posted their wedding photos, it happened quite a while back, but if not... here's a couple!

1a01a2d59a2c531503c56b9c0328822f7e05831b.png
    Jamie hanging out with some work friends.

fa1ec6156461594d6e5b33cefdfb91077bb84acf.png
    His former foster sister Staci Lothario (adopted by Don) works with him! I'm so glad these two get to rekindle their childhood friendship! Click here to see Staci and Jamie as toddlers!

24ac70d2582086cfca6444e4178312dfdd6b54ff.png
    Big young adult party in the Beauchamp apartment! There's a special girl in this group we'll see way more often in the near future. This is the night Jamie met her.

4ec178e2ad7aa736ede3d16b318773eed7014287.png
    Look at Maddie with her bump! Gen 3 incoming! (I can't believe Luke and Raymie are going to be grandparents!)

072d688a9278e4ddd9df4c68f27b7f74b06dc594.png
    072b8c116900af1453d720eb730c87d08f435850.png
    Jamie is now dating his work colleague/good friend Declan's little cousin, Thea.

857d7e6be326dd338e5b763d42fba8586ad5580b.png
    Spoiler alert: Unless something tragic and horrible happens, these two are definitely getting married and having a million babies.

c38bcf9d1891960985309490f1aec2c442ddf664.png
    Pregnant Maddie just randomly popping up in the city while Jamie is out jogging. She was craving something spicy.

[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/0cd4d2d42065636540e77044e6aacedc/0f2d519b5275062d-39/s2048x3072/1057eaddfdca0595fbd613bced26b615af0bd39b.png[/img OK, you know how I said earlier Aaron and Reese were still going strong? Yeah... they're young... and long distance is hard. They broke up.[/img]c93570f6ebde3424e39d0b39d72d32ea3963db8e.png
    The boys went back home to Sulani for the weekend and hung out with their parents.
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    7C7CEhv.png

I really love Lesley's look! She looks so cool and hippy dippy. I haven't played much with the Eco pack but I love some of the CAS items.

@Daravi I've seen your posts in other places and I just have to say, I've been enjoying following your decades challenge (in scattered, non-chronological bits and pieces lol). Are the two toddlers twins? Has the baby met her dad yet or was she born after the start of the war? I hope he makes it home okay! Or wait, is Wilhelm actually the dad? (Let me know if you have a blog or tumblr or anything, I'd love to follow this challenge in its entirety!)
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Tony. Pretty accurate.
    AnhzO3i.jpg

Child Tony. Also accurate.
    5iC9R9T.jpg

AWWWW BABY TONY MY HEARTTTT (I expected toddlers to turn out so much more creepy lol but he's actually really sweet!)
    l4gfA1R.jpg
    Everyone else under the cut:
    Steve failed me the most XD I mean there's nothing wrong with the guy, but I imagine Steve to look very different, so this isn't canon. Like, at all. Also for some reason he confused the program a lot and it couldn't decided whether he's male or female :D
    L0f8Tz1.jpg

There is something very orange about his child version...
    HjJ8R1D.jpg

I also managed to come up with these less realistic results and I thought they were super cute so I saved them anyway. This Steve is more of a Steve :) I wouldn't mind TS5 looking like this... (not that I'll be getting it lol)
    oKFUopk.jpg

Thor.
    NaDhn4n.jpg

Peter is... actually kinda good. He really looks like a dorky geek here in the best way possible.
    s9qqIHc.jpg

And here's his child version!
    07KT5uw.jpg

Gwennie isn't dorky enough for my taste so NOT CANON :angry: ( :D )
    2dAwkTs.jpg

Peggy actually turned out very accurate.
    X5b2HaQ.jpg

And of course my favourite Russian family! Here's Kostik, not really what I had in mind but pretty good:
    dpp9IKq.jpg

Yuri is actually quite perfect.
    ix6YRGF.jpg

I couldn't help but check out how Kai looks like since he's my favourite islander :)
    MtnmZzF.jpg

I also couldn't stand the temptation and ran the program on my favourite Harry Potter family, here's Sirius:
    6sHRKoY.jpg

And here's Remus.
    Lw9kA8z.jpg

Next up - the tots! I was actually expecting them to look so much more creepy... but they ended up pretty cute!

AAAAAAA
    qDBabky.jpg

EEEEEEEEE
    cIOTMXm.jpg

They're actually not even identical when processed like that BUT STILL SO CUTE!
    oQRLjBd.jpg

Baby Peter!!!
    VikFnEy.jpg

Baby Thor <3
    26GLADB.jpg

Stevie!!!
    v3Wj714.jpg

Petya :blush:
    xEKOOOC.jpg

Makaniiiii!
    Z7CTTZs.jpg

KALANIIIII!
    Q5oUYpm.jpg

Kristian <3
    xEXNxiS.jpg

Aaaaand Harry!
    NCXiQ93.jpg

Wow those look so cool! I really love realistic Thor! He's a dreamboat.
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi all! I’d had every intention of getting through the thread before posting anything, but I am sooooo far behind again it’s unreal. So I am going to post what I have and start fresh. Sorry if I haven’t gotten to your mentions yet! I’m working on it 😊

First I wanted to post this. sunblond had mentioned wondering how to make Artbreeder work, so I wrote out how I make it work. If others of you do it differently, I’d love to hear how!

How I use Artbreeder

Top bar - choose Create

G9ZvhxC.png

Then choose Portraits

klSDhM2.png

Then choose the red circled method

aaGou6A.png

Use the upload tool to upload your picture, sometimes you will have to wait a long time, because it will be in a queue. Notice it says that I have 0 uploads remaining (green box). However, if I remove any of them, because I’m done working with them, I will have room for more. You can only have 5 up at a time

sKmwECP.png

This is the picture I uploaded. Make sure you have a good, close up photo to use. I prefer to not use the ones from CAS because they are never smiling.

8VpIRNP.png

More instructions in the Spoiler!/b]

This is my picture as the program made it. Now it's up to me to make it look real. Your picture should automatically load with the Edit-Genes part underlined/ If it isn't, then switch to that. Note the position of the chaos bar, the (green box). It is slightly to the right

mGTtLD5.png

As soon as your first rendition is there, the one that the program makes for you, slide the chaos bar to the left a bit (red circle). This will make major difference right away.

mNsQllI.png

My next step is usually pulling the art bar left. This makes it look less like a painting and more like a photo.

IKhf6MM.png

For a lot of pictures that I do, it helps to pull white higher. White being ethnicity in this case. Every once in a while it helps to pull the other ethnicities down (for a white person) Pulling a different ethnicity up, for Sims of other ethnicities, is obviously good. You can sometimes pull white down, to help in those cases.

dM6LBDn.png

I pulled art down again. At this point it helped more than it did earlier.

ef615k8.png

I start using sharpness.

ey0Qnfg.png

This can bite you later, so make sure you click the picture you are working on. It will temporarily be bigger. Check what the sharpness tool has done. You may need to pull it back to the left a bit

5a5Ez6Z.png

I use Art, yet again.

kKEs6dC.png

Now, note the purple save button. Periodically I save my work, by clicking that button. Then I click on that newly saved picture. After it has been saved, and you have clicked/chosen the newly saved picture as your current project…..

a7odWMc.png

all of the sliders will return to 0. Except Chaos. It never resets. And the Reset and Save buttons (from the above picture) will be missing. The area under saved (red Circle) will be empty, because you are now working from your latest version.

2AwAa8d.png

Here is Sharpness again. The movement is so slight it's hard to notice

WNNXXDF.png

Here is Gender, slightly more female. Keep remembering to hit that purple save button, and then click that new small saved picture.

7V6o61h.png

Suddenly I started seeing numbers, and that was because I made the window I was working in bigger. That was helpful! Anyway, here I turned Art down a little again

0O1EZQi.png

Important! As you can see I just keep randomly sliding things and putting them back to 0 if it doesn't help. It is very random, and the steps I show here worked specifically for this picture. Each picture has differed in the methodology. The main thing (for me) is the chaos bar as the first step. Sometimes I end up tweaking it a bit more to the left later in the process, when it won’t distort the picture so much anymore. Sometimes using the "blue" bar helps a lot. Idk why. Hue and Saturation can also really help sometimes!

ummvuC7.png

Here you can see a ton of the sliders that I used for my Simself, as last little touches

Gp2yLxt.png

You can see all the times I saved the project. First thing they gave me was lower right, finished is upper left.

X4XubRe.png

Here is my finished product:

wSYKuzf.png

That came from this:! She doesn't look all that much like me, lol, but she does look like her Simself!

yDyZbe2.png

Here are the ones I’ve done so far:

Sim Don Lothario as I usually play him

OWWLu8v.png

Real Don

G2MppaN.png

My darling Thorne Bailey- as he appears in my game

MsesAGj.png

Real Thorne

qnM8zCm.png

More in the Spoiler
    The first Sim I made in Sims 4 - Jasper Sweet

O53ceoV.png

Real Jasper

bB83yQ9.png

”Uncle” Joey Holiday - Summer Holiday’s uncle

Z2e46uR.png

Real Joey (this is how I learned what happens if you pull sharpness too far and don't check the results in a bigger picture. I didn't know about the bigger picture at the time)

22lvGv7.png

Real Joey with the gender bar pulled all the way to female 😊 She’s fairly pretty

HEWsQwV.png

My “Perfect Handsome townie” Dash Parker. (Although his name in my gallery is an ethnic name, because I made no changes to him before I uploaded him. He was so perfect it was crazy! Great traits, walk, looks, attitude, everything about him is great! Though I usually age him down to young adult when I play him now).

SiRxkZd.png

“Real” Dash. I’ve been having trouble with him. This is the best I’ve gotten so far.

ICpb3N9.png

Most of you have seen my Ian and Lawrence already. Here’s Sim Ian

H3UTVxU.png

Real Ian

1AV0GW6.png

Sim Lawrence

cAUkpea.png

Real Lawrence

MZoweF9.png

This might be a great failure of mine. Unless this is what J actually looks like, lol! Sim J Huntington III

Rn1OT9F.png

Real J

1GYRY3T.png

There you go! Those are mine so far. Well, my Simself too, lol.

@Metior_Ice

I meant to ask this last time and forgot. Are you still planning to "remove Dylan and Zephyr's ghost status?" And by that I hope you mean you'll be bringing them back to life. So far I haven't seen that happen. But I might be mistaken about it, or I might be behind. But yeah, killing off some favorite Sims must be a nightmare. And wow! Good luck fixing Damian's reputation! Seems like that would be tough!

And Thank you! Yes, getting the toys for Max has helped! Lol! Actually I think it's getting some attention from a parental figure who is an erratic elder is the clincher. 😅

I had another question for you but now I can’t recall the whole aspect of it. I think it had to do with the aging in your game. Do you have it turned on? I know the twins aged up, but it seems like you did that manually. Are the background Sims aging? If so, are any of the original premades still alive in your game?

I know you pretty much only play in Sulani, but there were a ton of premades there.

@sunblond

I had been meaning to tell you how sorry I am that Becca died, and I was going to ask how and why. I read your answer to someone else, and now know the story you're using, an aneurism, to explain away her actual in game reason for dying. While it was actually a game generated death from “hysteria,” or whatever we call it, lol, right? But I'm still wondering if it was planned? Or are you one of those players that just runs with what actually happens in their game?
    I've never let an in game death actually happen. I quit without saving every time (and it's only been 2 or 3 times anyway, I'm extremely cautious). And I play with aging off, lol. So death isn't a part of my game. Have you noticed that the high emotional states have gotten much higher since one of the recent patches? I am noticing it, and I am quite perturbed about it. My Sims will get in the “very happy” state way more often lately, and it’s hard to bring them out of it. I’ve gotten to the point that I just leave that family, and go play a different family. I don't know if it's a bug or what. But my Sims get that dangerous "Very Happy" moodlet all the time from doing things that they used to do quite safely. Like Dance! Wth is up with that?

Sorry for the tangent, lol, I'm just wondering 1. Was Becca's death planned? And if so, why? 2. Are you noticing high emotions more often lately? I feel so sorry for their sons, well, and Omar too. Yikes. Although, I've read ahead, and I know they are doing better. It's just still so sad.

And thanks, that's exactly how I attached Dash to Max. I think it will be fine to delete her. I feel bad doing it, but I just don't want her coming over all the time or messing with his head (as much as that's even possible in a vanilla game lol)
    @RedDestiny92

Ok, wow, blue hair is Morgyn? I would never have guessed that. Mainly because I recognize people by their hair - like in real life.

And hmmm, if Morgyn thinks the timing isn't right, what's up with that? How did he end up with a daughter that would be too young to actually be his? How do you come up with this weird *** stuff?

And geez Morgyn, bitter much? What happened between these two? Because wow, Knox needs help too, and Olive is scared without him. Can't you be the "bigger" person and let Knox stay?
    And Lacey got out of her mess easily enough! Yay! I didn't remember that Cletus had a family before meeting her. He's pretty pathetic, "You came to me? What was I supposed to do?"

Her answer is pretty apt "Uh, I don't know, tell me you were taken?" Yes, that would have been nice 🙄

I'm glad to hear that Max is trying to heal. He had quite a traumatic childhood! Did you leave him his evil trait? It's sad to hear about the voices he hears, because, of course, my son hears them all the time, and they are never nice. Hopefully Lacy can help him, and we can hear that in the wrap up 😉 Hint hint, don't leave us hanging!

And I wanna see she and Max's child! Also, who is Max's son's mother? I can't remember.

And yeah, lets see that generation 4 person! I wanna see if "the nose" is gone after only 4 generations 😂

I'm very glad to hear that Dash gets no stick shaking this time! I will win you over yet! Ha! Perhaps he needs a sordid past that comes back to haunt him, 🤔 then he'll be dramatic enough for your game? 😆😅

I, of course, have him in all of my saves. So, in my main save he's with Diego, in my aged-down-teen save he's with a greatly "looks changed" Don (because everyone here in the thread wanted him to be with Don after Don chose Thorne over him, but teenaged Don is in that save, and has to actually look like Don, lol) In Baby Zephan's Save (me and Thorne's son) he's a ladies man. He, and all of his friends, are chasing all kinds of ladies. In Uncle Joey's save he's single, and taking care of his nephew Max, and as you know, in that save with Max, I have no idea if he's a lady's man, or a man's man 😆

@Beardedgeek good to see you. I hope your story is working how you want it to!

@Dust_Bunny2010

It looks like May is doing well despite being scammed out of every dime she had. Your heroines seem to have that problem 😅 She's cute with Father Winter

And oh yeah, you explained the story of Luis, but I have absolutely no idea what any of those games you mentioned are. Also, what was the outcome of the whole thing going to be? It had been many years since "the happening," and it seemed like she'd given up on her brother, and former pre-fiancé being alive. Is that the case? Were they dead? Also did you plan for her marriage to last? I know your stories are game driven, but did it seem like they would make it?

@Daephene

I love Bo and Liberty's wedding. Good idea to use a museum. You're right, the guests never sit anyway, and maybe that's why they did the cake that way. Or does one of them have the goofball trait? Does Bo have the only vet clinic in the game?

Congrats to Max and Millie! And thanks for the shot of Isabella! Now I remember her. 😊
    I love the shots you can get in the pauses of making out 😘but my favorite love scene pictures are the ones from tease flirtatiously. They are super hard to catch though ... annoying

Awww, I just got to your San Myshuno week. Dang it! Not what I was hoping for.

It was all so cute at the beginning! Geeta’s two fisted drinking! Ha! I’m glad you had her quit. Then the christening of the rocket! Nice. And wow! Btw, Pierce is amazing with his shaved head! He can carry that off very well! And it’s very wonderful that Athena and Geeta had that beautiful Love day date. Even if Geeta couldn’t sing very well. It was adorable, as you said.

Lol, when Aiden walked away from his project did Amelia and Geeta work on it anyway :D

Ummm yeah, creepy butler at the kids meeting? Not so much, not working for me! Time for the axe for that guy! (or even better, delete, lol). It’s so cute that Adam was at the kids meeting, and then the teen meeting! Busy day for him! lol. The alien museum is cool!

But wow, Right then, right there! And a ton of your Sims were there! I’ll bet that was a fun scene :disappointed: I can’t believe Geeta died so quickly after that. The action shot of Grim is cool though, I’ll give you that.

Ahhhh, I hate that the family Mausoleum is a thing. Because others will be following her now :disappointed:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! Don is truly a great dad, and you don't even need to make him be so great, he just is! And Danni is truly the sweetest little girl I've ever played 😊

@Daravi

Why do you think Wilhelm rejected the hug from Luisa? And yeah, I image you'd love for the war time to be over!

I think it was hard to get photographs way back then. Especially of a child, because you had to remain motionless for a while. But I know it could be done. There are pictures of my grandmother as a child, and she was born in 1908.

Thank you! It is weird how well behaved Max has been for Dash! I'm really glad that this little family happened accidentally like it did! I'd often mentioned that I'd like to give raising Max a try, because I did it with Malcolm and he turned out great. But now I don't have to deal with his family, lol! And I love him. He has a great personality!

@sarabeth2984

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy seeing Don and Danni together. They are delightfully sweet. And thank you about his longer hairstyle. I was getting tired of the same one forever lol. I don't think I'll ever change Thorne's. That's the only one I really really like on him. And his headache was more of an excuse to get away from Don and Danni. He didn't really have one. He's just having some dark thoughts lately, and is trying to escape them (the thoughts).

Hey! I loved your update! Seeing how everyone is related was super helpful! And geez, I never noticed how pale Harry is! Yikes! Everyone's "couple time" looks like it did a lot of good. 😊 The gift to Nalani and her reciprocal gift and message is the sweetest. I still have sooooo much to explore/do in Sulani. I've done almost nothing there.

@Lyrie

Wow! Thanks for all the comments! You are a sweetie!

Yes, Dan and Donni are both going through a major "getting to know you" stage. Neither one is quite sure what to do or say sometimes. But mostly they are great! And Don does so many things autonomously with her that it's great to watch! You're right, they are a lot like Max and Rainbow!

Lol, yeah I guess Thorne does come off a bit snobby about the other rockstar, 😂 lol But at this point in their careers Thorne is much more popular. And unfortunately the friend and friend's mom won't be coming to this party, in my story Danni lives so far away that she comes there by airplane. But you'll see how that goes 😊
    Danni usually doesn't mind them kissing. But the serenading drives her bonkers, and Thorne does it All The Time 😂 But there's a big in the game that makes the Sims react Ike that almost every time they go into a new area. And it was too perfect to pass up. Lucas just happened to be standing there smiling at her. So hey! Now she has a little crush!

Thorne is a mess. And yes, I can safely say that he will be going to therapy. At some point, lol. And I love what you see between them. Desperation to be wanted, needed, loved, and assured. Then they are looking like I want them to look. But the romance even looks stained, hey? Interesting. I didn't think I could pull that off, but maybe?

Also, thanks about Dash and Max! You did see the update from the toy store, right? That's where the pictures of Dash's expressions,and the dialogue are from. And then yeah. Showing how much Max is learning and doing since he got the special robot was fun! I think you're right about Max, very misunderstood, and lacking attention. I couldn't believe how fast Max scooted over to sit by Dash. I don't think I've ever even seen that before! But it was adorable. And the thing with tease about grown ups, I don't actually know how it happened! Ian and Lawrence had come into the restaurant where Dash and Max were eating, and I was watching them. Then it suddenly occurred to me that I was ignoring Max Villarreal! Lol! Who knows what he could have been doing! 🤣 So I quickly pressed pause, looked down at what was queued up, and tease about grown ups was the action. I flew the camera over to them and they were sitting just like the picture. Max was not looking ashamed, and Dash didn't look mad, and smiled almost instantly. And I hadn't x-ed it out, because it was in the action slot, already being done - you know? So maybe Dash has just got super chill about it or something. Max jokes with him Constantly. So maybe he assumes it's a joke now?

Ok good, I'm glad I was not misinterpreting the fact that Dec was having trouble with normal everyday things that he used to do with no problem at all. Well, except for when he was mourning, I didn't think he did much of anything then.

I hope the rehab idea can work for Max, although I don't know how you'd carry it out in game mechanics. Unless there is an actual rehab mod, how could you fix his problem? And yeah. Axing him off doesn't sit right with me 😅

Cool that he came back from being out with Tucker, and was still sober! Crazy, but good!

Ummm, yeah. Playing as Caroline doesn't sound like it would be fun, lol. And that embarrassed moodlet from tripping and dropping things sounds rough. Having the homework books not be left behind sounds like it would be a great mod to have! I have to leave it out of my clubs now. Beck does seem perfect for her. I hope they can sort it all out before they drift apart. Man! You got Great rewards from that party! (And from their friends!) Wow! It would be funny if she eats the wedding cake that fast, she's supposed to feed it to the groom first! Lol! And ok, goody, Pinky is pink forever! And her son too. Lol!

Oh hey! Your Stones update is great! Lmao at that picture of Lilith! Something dramatic was happening for sure! And yeah, I’m not playing any kids living in Oasis Springs right now. I wonder of all of them are like that with the sand.

Poor Mckenna. Still trying to make up for all those awful years between her and Lilith. I think Lilith has forgiven her, don’t you? It’s sad to see Kenna stressed like that!

And ok! The reason for the cupcakes! A family visit! How fun! And oh my, that’s a lot of adopting, lol. What are you up to mccc? :sweat_smile: But yeah, it’ll be fun to see how genetics plays out. I, personally, have never waited, I always age my kids to teen in CAS after they age to toddlers. And if I’m making a toddler from genetics, I make it as a teen and age it down, lol.

I digress… lol Ok, the visit. I know the feeling of walking into a home so much fancier than your own, lol. I’m glad they got comfortable quickly. And of course Lilith went looking straight for the children. They look very cute! I don’t recognize Vicente’s hair. Is it CC? Lol at Wayne. A little lazy, but still friendly. So it’s all good. Good idea to bring books over! Fun, and yes, that’s a stampede for those cupcakes! :D

Matty and Mckenna are so cute! Did she chose to go sit by him? He does look like something on TV is drawing hid attention now and then! Wow! :smiley: I’m sure Lilith would be a wonderful babysitter! It is a part time job you can apply for, but it’s a rabbit hole job. Her picture taking is cute! And I love that Vicente photobombed, it’s too precious.

@ryttu3k I've seen that you are doing makeovers of a whole bunch of places! But I’ve lost the places where I saw the links to the tours. Would it be difficult for you to post the links again? If it’s a hassle, don’t worry about it. I can check them out in your gallery. 😊

@Koteyka I’m so behind with yours, but I like to take my time and look at your pictures. So I’m getting there! Meanwhile, I’ve posted my method of using Artbreeder and I was wondering if it’s anything like how you do it. Your “real” Sims are just adorable! But I noticed that in a couple of places your eye color changed too, so I know I’m not alone in that. I just wish I could figure out how to stop it!

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    @AlwaysAsking thanks. I am (since i have aging turned off) taking Uni slow (two classes per week) so she just started her final "year". Then she will go home, help correct the environment in her neighborhood. When that is done I will actually do something I usually don't: Start a second Sim (her future wife).
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello everyone! This is a mentions and comments post along with an update on my Stone Family!

@BlueSeaWaves I am quietly rooting for these two! It has been a rollercoaster for them, I hope Owen sticks to his guns this time! Lovely update and especially new years!

@Dust_Bunny2010 Enjoying May's ambitious dreams and unfortunate events! :)

@Sofmc9 Heidi and her grandpa are very sweet looking and I know what you mean about Granite falls it is so, so beautiful there.

@sunblond Loving the update preusual! :) Also thank you so much for the mod links! Both modders I am huge fans of and save this game for me with their fixes to annoyances like these!

@Daephene I know right?! I started doing it on my own along with donating on holidays is another idea I had, then I found mods by Kiara's mods. Thank you! I searched high and low for a dress like that and was super happy to find it! :) I enjoyed your update despite the losses of Geeta and Athena rest in peace! That alien museum was super coool!

@revgrv I am enjoying the story you are creating! Very intriguing to follow this adventure !

@Lucy_Henley I really like your Masterson family! The kids are adorable and it fun to see spellcaster and a family life! All their outfits are super cute!

@MelsieYT Welcome back! I love all your pictures~ your sims are gorgeous can't wait to see more from them when you are able!

Alright on to the update, the Stones had a pretty great harvest fest minus all the food poisoning! It was the Saturday after it and Rainbow had gotten back from scouts changing into something more comfortable. Max (her dad) had the day off so of course they spent quality time together. Winter was fastly approaching and even though it was different in Oasis Springs than San Myshuno some time out in the sand (One of Rainbows favorite things) was always nice.

Max wanted to speak about the extra workload he had put on Rainbow who was homeschooling and how that did not work out very well, but he started off casually asking about how things were.
    50247313862_33d7f677c2_h.jpg

"How are things with your friends going? I know you got your last badge in scouts that qualifies you to go to the big camp out this spring, and you're10 years old now, so all boxes are check."

Max pretended to get all emotional, "My little angel out there with bugs and bears!"
    50247313852_67c1a4f168_h.jpg

"Heh, heh silly daddy but that is right! Bugs, bears, fish, flowers and plants! A campfire!"

Rainbow gave an ear splitting grin, "The best part is a HAZEL!"
    50246468583_a62e5bf38f_h.jpg

More On This Endearing Convo? Spoilers!
    Max chuckled who knew internet friends could mean so much more then just likes that upped you in the social media world? A simple pen-pal project via scouts had blossomed into something deep in the last couple of years between these two girls.

Max was continuing to learn things from his daughter in that regard, she seemed to take all his flaws as a kid and teen and turn them on their heads making them positive experiences instead of negative, without even knowing she was dong so.
    50246468578_49b2488235_h.jpg

"That is right, but you know, Miss. Eso or hm, as you know her, Vanessa and I are trying to set up a chance for you two to meet in... well you video chat, so hm, er in um person to person?"

Rainbow plunked some more stand down onto their mound.

"I knoooooooow it is all me and Hazelnut can talk about!"

"But she only talks about it with me, she says, if she talks to anyone else it could get ruined."
    50247313587_49d75b3367_h.jpg

"Oh yeah? That is kinda sad way to think on it, I think." Max blinked trying to recall if anything about Vanessa made him think something not so positively about that family dynamic, she seemed well put together and kind.

Max's thoughts: 'Oh wait, maybe it is about the dad? Rainbow had called him weird and before I could scold her really good for it, she explained Hazel called him 'weird daddy' sometimes as an expression. '

Max's thoughts: 'Vanessa briefly elaborated about all the tragedy but Declan was coming around more and more each day. So that is where that type of talking comes from, the poor mans struggles with grief.'
    50247313567_a084384cf6_h.jpg

"Yeah I think so too daddy, I told her you never act weird heh, well cept' around Juli~"

"But that is because you are in L-O-V-E kissing in a tree~"

Max busted up laughing, "We have not kissed in a tree! I am a terrible climber!"

That made Rainbow burst out into laughter in a similar way, "But that means you kissed in non-tree places!" "Hehehehe, ewww!"

Their laughter was the only thing between them for a some moments.
    50247109141_20b52b500d_h.jpg

Max's thoughts: 'I appreciate everything about Rainbow but now? We can joke and tease, banter, just like Kenna but still different, stay 10 forever please? Daddy does not know if he can handle these teen years he hears so much about....'

"You like my kisses, what is wrong with my kisses?"

"Daaaaaddddy! But you kiss Juli in a romance smoochie way! It is different!"

"Like this!"

She puckered her lips and made the classic kissy noises.

Which sent them both laughing again.
    50247313532_00b4894ce2_h.jpg297. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

"Yippy we did it! I told you we could make a cow plant sandcastle!"

Rainbow jumped up fist pumping.

"Daddy! Daddy! Take a picture! Hurry! Hazelnut and Juli love artsy stuff like this!"

Grinning with a nod, Max made sure to take some good pics from different angles.
    50247333757_1d44d35c23_h.jpg298. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

They both plopped down to look them over and send Juliana the best ones and they would send Hazel the same once inside via email.

Max cuddled Rainbow close to him, his mood switching just a bit, "Baby? I'm sorry, I'm sorry about pushing so much extra work on you. I did not mean to pressure you or overwhelm you. like you know, when daddy was a little boy, he did not go to school, he barely learned anything."

"My "mom" did not care to give a crud, so when I was a teen it was hard to be the best I could be for you, even growing into an adult, because of my lack of knowledge, it was tougher then it needed to be to support you."

He snuggled her closer to him,

"I... just never ever wanted that type of struggle, uncertainty, and frustration for you, baby, I want you to have everything I did not, and moreso."

"I'm still learning how to be a good daddy and what is right and best for you, I am so happy you could share your feelings with Juliana about all this it means a lot to both of us."
    50247129181_c4b2d9119b_h.jpg299. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

Rainbow moved a little more and with a good push, Max was on his back and she was laying on him.

"Daddy, You are not just a good daddy you are the best daddy!" She told this very earnestly and quite firmly in a sense. "You and Aunt Kenna say making mistakes is being a sim, you always make them better daddy, that is the most important part and shows you love me a million percent."

Hazel's Thoughts: 'I am so lucky to have a daddy like you, Hazel.. .does not. Her daddy is just not like you....'

"I am happy the work will be less, I just did not know a way to tell you about it, for some reason it came out easy to Juli, but it not cuz I like her more."

"Oh baby, of course not, you don't have to explain, just remember, you can come to me for anything, I won't be angry or disappointment at all, okay?"

Max's Thoughts: 'I really have to work on my reactions when it comes to her or anything involving her, I can't have my guard up and be defensive.'

"Okay daddy, I understand."
    50247333422_dbcf83968b_h.jpg300. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

"Good angel good."

"Oh but I love you a million percent times infinity."

A giggle and loving smile from Rainbow.

A peaceful moments went by as they comfortably enveloped in each others familial love.

"BTW you are not allowed to like Juli more than me, ever." A twinkle in his eye told he was pretty much joking.

"Heh tooo late haha sike!" Rainbow still went a little to fast on her jokes and teases not letting suspense build but she was learning. "But I do really, really like Juli tons... say daddy? Are she and you gonna get married?"

"Yeah, one day we will, I am sure of it, how do you feel about that?" Max held his breath slightly but she had asked herself.

"Oooooo yes please!" Rainbow was all smiles, "I'd love to have Juli as a mom, she'd be my mommy right?"

Rainbow's Thoughts: 'It kinda feels that way already just without the titles.'

Max's heart just melted into mush at this, "Of course she would baby, she would love to be your mommy."

Max's thoughts: 'And for once, I could rely on someone trustworthy and who actually wants to take that title for you.'

Don't get him wrong Mckenna is a great aunt and Lili was like a sister to Rainbow even if she was also an aunt, but they were kinda just those types of titles even if they played a huge female roll in Rainbow's life. After being a teen dad it be nice to have a mom at his side too.
    50247333317_7347975aed_h.jpg301. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

Rainbow jumped up enthused,

"Yay Yippy! Cuz I would loooove to be her daughter!"

She jumped around a bit,

"Get married!"

Max smiled, "Hey, hey, I am working on it, daddy has to get Juli a pretty ring first, hey listen, I am thinking a Clear Quartz, it symbolizes all Juliana is to me, harmony, healing, healthy and gives unconditional love."

He looked at his excited girl, "What do you think?"

"Sounds romantic! You have to give her a big smooch when you do! Rainbow started laughing, "In a treeeee!"
    50247128901_d0a4c8b0bb_h.jpg302. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

Max gets up off the sand and swings Rainbow around in a merry way.

"Enough mushy-gushy talk~ It will happen very soon, I promise, but for now, how about the park?"

"Weeee!" Then "Yaaaaaaaas! Park swings! Slides! Do the seesaw with meee!"
    50247332987_8dcbba122b_h.jpg303. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

Max beamed, "Your wish is my command!"

"How about the monkey bars and jungle gym wanna play monster on both?"

"Yeeeeeee! It will be fun! But Juli makes the best monster, let's go get heeeer!"
    50246488133_05c4e3c873_h.jpg

"Well, she is not doing much today she told me this morning, alright, off we go, a little surprise visit can't hurt."

"Yay and then her tradition is going for ice cream daddy." Rainbow pointed onward.

Max tried hard not to grin, "I thought that was for the art gallery not the park." he teased giving a bit of a hard time.

"Ummmm, nope it is for everywhere with me because um, Juli loves me, right daddy?"
    50247333002_fb3ea24149_h.jpg305. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

"Yes you little sly girl you, she loves you, but she better love your teeth if you keep getting all this ice cream." Max chuckled good natured and started to head for Juli's just down the street.

"She cares about my teeth! She makes me brush after lunch every daaaay! She eeeven has a travel one for when we do home-school outside!"

Max's Thoughts: 'Such a good woman, oh how lucky am I? More then I can ever express!'
    50247128691_fd87e76ef8_h.jpg306. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

That is all until next time! :)

Request tagging @AlwaysAsking @mercuryfoam @RedDestiny92 @Silverofdreams30
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,321 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well, I'm also way behind on reading through this amazing thread, blushing, I may not be able to read everything ....

A couple of days ago I bought the knitting pack and of course had to see how it works with Clubs. NPCs are not that keen on knitting, even though it is on the list of Club activities. So far I have only seen one knit, one time. I'll also share a fun picture from a meting, where my sim tries to soften the waters between 2 Club members and let one of em use her lap for comfort, hehehe

YaNVZWs.png
    1mwntFJ.png

@AlwaysAsking Amazing how You work those pictures - Thorne looks so real. :)
    Zpj9msL.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top