Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @Morkovka I'm restless, can't wait for that GP to be out!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    @SimTrippy Well, technically I didn't complete it. I set the aging on short so it was quick. Perhaps a RL week? I played for 4 generations - I don't count the founder since she was not born in game. There was no progress for a long time. The boy that died was the very first sim that was not born with red skin! I believe his kid would be the last one. The only "bad" part of his body were his weird pointy eyebrows.

Right, I actually read the posts about the red-skinned kids :D Aw a week is pretty long though, I think I would have rage quit too. I remember that one time where I had a really satisfying playthrough, and then .. my cat accidentally turned off my pc by jumping on it :joy: I was just lucky that it did actually save in between because my sim moved I think. But losing a whole week instead of just a few hours would infuriate me too :D
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Morkovka aww, Wanda is charming! I see so much of Alexander in her. She will make a great Spellcaster.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Tixyen yeah really I mean I care about characters in my other stories shows whatever my sims are characters too. Can't help getting attached thanks hun I'm just glad the story was enjoyed couldn't leave them hanging the rest had to be shared 😄makes me feel a bit better.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Btw maybe someone here has a good suggestion but I'm running into a bit of a logistical problem with the tribe: I have two elders (Millawa and her husband), tribe chief Turi and the doctor, Napo and Nixie, Hiva, and Laki (Turi's younger brother). But I need Turi to get married and have kids soon, as that is tribal law. However, I don't have any space left for kids. Who would you move out and with what reasoning? I feel that the elders have been there too long to send them out, but I don't want to wait until they're gone. I also thought about Napo deciding to move out with Nixie and start his own family as the tribe usually only allows the chief to have kids (the others can only do so if there's enough space left). What do you think? Sorry for rambling xD
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @SimTrippy Yes, moving Napo and Nixie out would be the best solution. It would be unfair to move out the elders IMO. Napo and Nixie are young, they want to start their family. And they wouldn't be allowed to do that if they stayed. Perhaps they don't want others to participate on raising their future little one(s)? Maybe they don't want to live (and let their kids to live) by these rules.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy Yes, moving Napo and Nixie out would be the best solution. It would be unfair to move out the elders IMO. Napo and Nixie are young, they want to start their family. And they wouldn't be allowed to do that if they stayed. Perhaps they don't want others to participate on raising their future little one(s)? Maybe they don't want to live (and let their kids to live) by these rules.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'll go with that tomorrow! :)
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @SimTrippy I admit I don't entirely remember who Hiva and Laki are, but if either or both of them are unmarried and have any inclination to go non-traditional my instinct would be to have them marry out of the tribe and live in their spouse's culture. Or make a second tribal lot for Napo and Nixie but I don't know how close together the Sulani lots are.
    Also, I love the dead cowplant detail in the background on the tribe's lot.

@RedDestiny92 I lost all my saves to computer crashes three times with Sims 2, so I empathize. Sorry you're going through that! The last time it happened I bought Sims4 as consolation. Thanks for letting us know where the story was going. I'll miss them!

@DoloresGrey Sorry to hear of your troubles also! That's a situation where I might be tempted to break my never quit without saving rule, but I've only ever broken that once. I definitely understand why you'd rage quit after that anyway!

@Morkovka Wanda's adorable! My future spellcaster is also in the toddler stage. But since I play with aging on I'll have to play slowly so he doesn't grow up too fast!

@DeafSimmer If they escape again, that police station is going to have to work on their security! I mentioned I liked Luna's eyes before. Now that you have posted more close-ups of Celestia, I'd like to add I like her eyes too.

@Becka28 You're getting through these generations quickly! I love it when you post about their happy lives after they meet their goals. Your house is pretty awesome.

@Idmarko I don't know how you do it with four toddler at once. I'd have to age the oldest up. But they are adorable!

@sarabeth2984 Lol at your Rugby training story. But wow, we've had a lot of posters with bad news caused by computers this week! Sorry your glitch messed up your Strangerville story!

@SiliClone Your Caleb is adorable. Oh, did I tell you I downloaded your vampire Father Winter and named his household Frostbite? He's awesome, but I haven't played with that save much yet.

@AngeliqueAdelaide I'm glad Orange is happy as a mermaid. Thank you for pointing out the vampire non-reflection in the hot tub photo. I think I'd have missed that detail and it's hilarious.

@AlwaysAsking Thanks for your comments on my photos. They were fun to take, if sometimes frustrating. Warning if you do get Moschino pack, posing for the tripod is one of those actions that sims sometimes just autonomously drop, and then you have to cancel the "Take photo of" action and then select it again. It's not super common, but I photographed nine households and it got a little old by the end. The ages of the grandchildren just turned out symmetrically... if I'd played Darius's birthday last rotation it would have been four children and two toddlers and wouldn't have grouped together so nicely.

I'm planning a long post explaining who everyone is and a little of their history soon, that I can link back to when I post updates for those who don't know or remember who some of my sims are. And I have been doing a little writing of Athena's backstory on the side to eventually illustrate with screenshots and post in the story section. So I really wanted Moschino now because both of those will require a lot of photos and portraits. I'm much more patient for Island Living because I want to move Maximilian and the Heckings to Sulani, but not until Max and Millie get married and they're young teens yet.

Also I think the hot tubs came with Perfect Patio but don't quote me. And Happy Birthday!

@DarkAngel1994 The ladies are very cute together. Thanks for including Curtis's bedroom - it's adorable! I can't decorate sim houses well at all, so I love seeing pictures from people who can.

@Simslover163 I love some of the prank reaction expression in your screenshots!

@Paulmarch76 His portrait in the corner is great! The glowing eyes make the possession extra creepy!

@lasummerb Wow, I really like the before and after photos of the house!
  • Options
    I forgot to add, @SimTrippy and @AlwaysAsking Thanks for your comments on the family tree wall. That was a complete stroke of luck. I was randomly looking for something to add a little color or interest and the tree sticker happened to be close to the beginning of the options and is designed to lay under other objects on the wall without cheats. I think I'm going to save that idea to use again in future families.

Looking back over my last post, I use a lot of exclamation points!
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I have rebuilt the ship wreck ready for Annebelle new story. I have added a couple of floors. The basement has hidden secrets and collectables.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @Daephene I wasn't very fond of Caleb before, honestly... Before MCCC married him to Cassandra I never even considered him... But he's so dumb I can't love him now.
    I thought the game would remove the father winter role from Clement Vampire but it didn't!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The Ultimate Posts Explaining Daephene's Sims (Part 1 of 3)

Since I'm playing fewer hours these days and switching to longer rotations, it's likely that in the weeks between my posts about any one of my households people will have trouble remembering who they are. Plus this thread gets new people all the time. So I am creating this post now so that in the future I can link back to it when I post updates and anyone who is curious or confused can come back here to catch up.

First of all, this is Athena Andreas, as she looks currently. I estimate she should be about 76 years old.
    KdjXfdh.png

When I set out to start my first rotational save in the Sims 4, I created Athena. I had a general goal of trying to use the content of some of my packs and the base game that had been neglected in previous saves. I decided since she was a single adult I would give her the Serial Romantic aspiration. I then had her move to San Myshuno where she could meet a lot of potential partners, and chose an active career, Detective specifically, so she could flirt with coworkers.

I didn't know what my other plans would be then, but I quickly decided she would have a child with her first boyfriend, Akira Kibo. When that child was a teen she suddenly wanted to have children with her boss... and somehow this escalated so that she ended up with nine children with five different fathers, mostly sets of twins. Athena and I may have gotten carried away.

Inside the spoiler I've posted pictures of all of her children and their fathers with a brief explanation of how they came to be.

I've cropped most of the portraits to something closer to the way they'd be cropped in game when placed on the wall or in a frame. I don't know why the screenshot version has to be so much wider.
    First, there was Bruce, son of Akira.
    CbW18pK.png?1
    Photo is of Bruce and Akira as they currently are in the game. Bruce should be about 53 years old and Akira is likely in his 70s like Athena.

Akira was Athena's first boyfriend, and he was a good looking sim, so I had them make a baby. Bruce always got along well with all of Athena's boyfriends and girlfriends. Akira was invited over for every holiday while Bruce was a toddler and child, so by the time he and Athena broke up when Bruce was a teen, there was a well established father-son relationship.

For pretty much ever, Athena simultaneously had one boyfriend, one girlfriend, and was sleeping with her boss. The boss, Arthur Harris, would eventually become her husband, but not until after all the children had been born. But when Bruce was a young teen, she suddenly started having whims to try for a baby with Arthur, so she did. They had the first set of twins, Amelia and Cordelia.

25tkQ8c.png?1
    Cordelia is on the left, Amelia on the right. They should be about 38 now.

Their father Arthur is deceased now, but here's a selfie of he and Athena at their wedding:
    Lhq7mTM.png
    Also, that's what a younger Athena looked like.

I determined that at the time Arthur was interested in being involved with his daughters and continuing to sleep with Athena, but wanted to keep it quiet and unofficial because he was still her boss. He was given an apartment key, and used it more than anyone else Athena gave a key to. He autonomously showed up for his girls' birthdays, among other things.

I don't remember the motivation, but shortly after the girls were born, Athena decided to try for a baby with her current boyfriend at the time, Khaled Mounib.
    This is what Khaled looks like as an elder. I'm guessing he's about Athena's age also, so in his mid-70s.
    rZik2ub.png?1

Khaled and Athena had twin boys, Derrick and Erick.

BhxLKyo.png?1
    Derrick left, Erick right. I'd say the boys are around 33 at this point.

Khaled moved in for a while to help care for his sons. He wasn't looking for a commitment, but Arthur continuing to come over and flirt with Athena while Khaled was living there eventually became a problem. Khaled and Athena split amicably, and remain friends to this day. Khaled moved with Derrick to Windenberg where he eventually married Mila Munch, and Athena raised Erick.

Eventually Athena completed the Serial Romantic aspiration, when she began an official relationship with an alien by the name of Gerardo Carrasco. They celebrated by... getting pregnant.

Here's Gerardo's portrait alone in disguise, and with his alien daughter Juno out of disguise.

IhAe1Bs.png?1

Ss6Op25.png?1

Athena and Gerardo had a son and a daughter, Finnian and Gillian.

GYfrzJp.png?1

Gillian left, Finnian right. I think they're about 28 right now. I was sad they didn't have alien skin tones at first but I love them as they are by now. Finnian's eyes are a little odd and Gillian's face is a little flat in profile, but that's the closest they come to showing any alien genes.

Gerardo also moved in to help with the children. Until the next Winterfest, when Athena got a little too excited about meeting the new Father Winter, and Gerardo walked in on them mid-woohoo. They fought, and Athena had her first non-amicable split (jealousy is so limited in this game). Gerardo moved out and took Finnian with him to Del Sol Valley. Athena raised Gillian.

So, Father Winter #2, Nikolas Salinas. I don't have a picture of him, but I thought he looked somewhat Middle Eastern. He had a long black beard and white hair. He and Clement Frost split the Father Winter duties in my game. Athena flirted with Clement once, but apparently Nikolas was truly irresistible.

A few days after that Winterfest, Athena had twins again – Holly and Ivy.

EMmUqBr.png?1

Holly left, Ivy right. I have no idea where Ivy's red hair comes from, since Nikolas's beard is black. The girls are around 24 right now.

Incidentally, while he has visited other households, Nikolas has never returned to Athena's, and has never actually met his daughters. It's always Clement for Christmas in that household now.

So, like I said inside the spoiler somewhere, Athena pretty consistently had one boyfriend, one girlfriend, and was sleeping with her boss (Arthur). She needed 8 boyfriends or girlfriends to complete the final stage of her aspiration. This was her progression:

1. boyfriend Akira
    2. girlfriend Mariko, a lab tech from the police department. Mariko became jealous when she saw Athena flirting at the romance festival.
    3. girlfriend Navya, a San Myshuno townie. Navya got up at night to have long talks with the microwave, and Athena didn't like the competition.
    4. girlfriend Ananya, another San Myshuno townie.

Akira became jealous one day at the park when Athena flirted with a random man (oddly her having had children with her boss by this point had not bothered him, but flirting in front of him was a problem). They'd been together a long time, so she gently suggested the just be friends if he couldn't handle her lifestyle. Athena then had a quick date ending in observatory woohoo with the random man who caused the trouble, where she realized he was an alien.

5. new boyfriend Khaled, a busker in the arts quarter. Khaled moved in, and lasted until he became sad seeing Athena with Arthur. She apologized and he accepted, but the next day he suggested they just be friends and moved out.
    6. Sometime about here Athena asked Arthur to officially be her boyfriend and he accepted. Nothing else about their relationship changed.
    7. Realizing Ananya pretty much never called or came over, even though she had a key, Athena invited her over and suggested they end things. Then she got a new boyfriend, Rinaldo.
    8. Athena got bored with Rinaldo. When she got her promotion to the top of the Detective career she went on a celebratory date with that alien from weeks before at the park. His name was Gerardo. That relationship lasted until he caught her in bed with Father Winter.

After Gerardo moved out, Athena threw a New Year's Eve party and invited several of her exes. She officially ended things with Rinaldo. And with them all there together she realized that the one true love of her life was Arthur. After the others went home and the kids went to bed, she proposed. He turned her down. But the next morning, after making sure he had a good night's sleep and a filling breakfast, she tried again. Once he accepted, I moved him in and aged him up to elder and had him retire (based on his having been at the top of his career when she was 20, and she was a week from elder herself at this point). The wedding was the first set of screenshots I took this year.

I7IAm4L.png
    eyajIgc.png
    7XiZnWz.png

After the wedding, Arthur lived about two weeks, and then died of old age on a miserable and tragic vacation to Granite Falls. Athena was heartbroken and declared she could never love another man. A couple of weeks later, her daughter Amelia set her up with a woman, Geeta Rasoya. Athena and Geeta are girlfriends now, and may become more before their time is up.

Meanwhile, all of Athena's exes who didn't move in with their children were aged up and moved into the Snowbird Retirement Village in Oasis Springs. Pictures under a spoiler for length.
    Rinaldo enjoys the Coffee and Contemplation club, and his cannolis.
    YbialTc.png

Navya and Ananya are a couple now. I think they're on a quest to woohoo in every possible location. They couldn't even wait for the walls to be painted after the hot tub was installed in the village. I fear this may be the death of one or both of them eventually. (Ananya has the long hair, Navya the short)
    sGBnveu.png
    8Np61TN.png
    h94uFTk.png

Mariko was the quiet one. I don't even have many photos of her, but here she is stargazing with Ananya.
    wW0Khwu.png?1

Unfortunately, when the residents of the village took a trip to Selvadorada recently, Mariko's time ran out before she came home. Supriya Delgato gathered her urn to give her a proper burial at the cemetery in Newcrest.

Now I'm going to put the details of all my current rotational households, founded by Athena's children and exes, in a separate post due to length.

Sorry for the excess of information. I just like to talk about my sims.
    This post has been edited multiple times, first to fix picture links and later to add the rest of the information about Athena's serial romance adventures, since they made more sense here than in the next post.
    Post edited by Daephene on
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    @Daephene I was going to go for 6, but decided to stop at 4. It was tempting when Kira rolled a "try for baby" wish, but let it go in the end. Alvin will be aging up soon, so that will ease things up a bit. I usually cheat their needs up in the morning, then by late afternoon they start needing to potty, eat & sleep.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Daephene thankyou for all the info on your sims. I loved hearing about your serial romantic. The one I chose to play was a woman as well. I thought Holly and Ivy were cute names. Was Gerardo still jealous after you had finished the aspiration? Wow if he was, that trait is really strong. I love how my Kyra just gets away with anything now she has finished it.

I forgot to comment before how sweet the father daughter shots were in your photo shoot but this post reminded me.

I think Akira's son looks very kind and friendly and like someone you would want to know.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Becka28 No, Gerardo doesn't have the actual jealous trait. I just meant jealousy in general was a bit lacking in this game compared to Sims2 where they'd spend weeks knocking your trashcan over. :) Gerardo literally walked in on his girlfriend having woohoo with another man and I had to make them argue about it. But they did "break up" while all of Athena's other relationships ended in "ask to be friends." So it was her worst breakup. The relationship bars were red for a while, but they never acted on it and now they barely remember each other.

Finnian is jealous though and he gets tense any time his wife isn't in the room and I think I might have to throttle him. So maybe the jealous trait is to be avoided anyway.

And thank you! Bruce reminds me of so many middle aged fatherly types I've known, the same way Mila reminds me of so many motherly types. I love them both for it.

@DeafSimmer I would have issues too, if the people I arrested kept escaping. ;)

@ldmarko Ok I feel slightly better if you're using cheats. I try not to except when I take toddlers to community lots. Without them I could never have four at once for more than a day without losing my mind.

@SiliClone I haven't played with Caleb yet but your posts make him more attractive to me.
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @Becka28 you might just be right about J! He's passed away now, but looking at his icon in the family trees, he looks very much like our missing J Huntington III. c:
    mysteriousj.jpg
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    After the fire scare, the family decided it was time for another vacation, this time to Selvadorada.

thaha8P.png

MQYLlaa.png

dDEZtv8.png

yOC4Ivl.png

This time it was Kira who braved the jungle & got through it pretty easily.

2ncQCoi.png

5NO6gNJ.png

Backfloating skeleton.

VXVo4Ij.png

They got home in time for Harvestfest, and got to work appeasing the gnomes. This one was especially stubborn. "The things we go through for a few packets of seeds."

2ppVQRb.png

Py4mXAr.png

Finally! Only took about six tries.

4QKjnD5.png

That done, Leo gets to work on the feast.

qdri12U.png

While these gnomes were, well, I'm not sure what they were doing, honestly.

criayid.png

While Kira tries to teach the kids about being thankful.

tvH1Fw4.png

sp7iVmP.png

KzOP1ow.png

Dinner time!

E3MhbmB.png

XiVooYO.png

And more being thankful lessons.

UIzlcyw.png

Killian: "Will someone please pay attention to me?"

KkOlTml.png

Toddler with an umbrella?

kRXS6Iq.png

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

No updates today, maybe later. But after seeing the Realm of Magic trailer, I have a few ideas on what to do for Generation 5. :)

@AlwaysAsking
    I never bother to change their appearance when they aged to an adult, but maybe I could do that so they look more of their age. Just the greying hair and a bit of stubble.

I don't use the cc for building and decorating, because for some reason, it makes my game lag.

Curtis is a very energetic boy, and I wasn't sure why he climbed down instead of going down the slide, but he made a beeline to Laura and wanted to play rocket ship (that's what I call the play animation).

Never gets old to see Donny boy :)

Unfortunately, Leilani is not pregnant. Maybe next time.
    I decided to keep the male uniform like that and just change the color of the female uniform. That idea is both good and funny

Probably because of the angle and the perspective of the camera I had it at for the bedroom.

Also Happy Birthday! :D
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited August 2019
    Lovely posts!! Here's another gameplay with the Rosens.

Gracelynn and Cole were invited to the Matsumotos' house to hang out with Ichiko and Sora.
    y5yODAY.png

Gracelynn: Ichiko, you want to know the secret to get invited into Jade Rosa's parties?
    Ichiko: What's the secret?
    Zuxor3T.png

Gracelynn: Okay, according to some sources, you must become Jade's friend. I've heard she's hard to please, so consider yourself lucky if she likes you. So far, she seems to like me and Cole because of our personalities
    Ichiko: Wow! I better hope she'll like me.
    Gracelynn: She'll like you! You have such a great personality!
    SHUUm27.png

While Cole hangs out with Sora, Gracelynn and Ichiko watch the The Khlumzee Sisters together.
    6W4mYUZ.png

At around midnight, one of Cole's best friends, Ethan, stopped by to hang out

Cole: Bro! What are you doing here so late at night???
    Ethan: Well, I wanted to get out for a bit.
    z9NCmS2.png

Ethan: Nice house, man!
    Cole: Thanks bro! Appreciate it!
    uI7LVCJ.png

Cole: I'm so surprised you stopped by to hang out with me!
    Ethan: I know right??
    yMpFwj7.png

Ethan: Remember, you are always welcome to stop by our place anytime! My parents, Liam, Ian, and I always welcome our friends to our home!
    Cole: Wow, thanks dude!
    Ethan: Anytime bro!
    1dnwLSC.png

Cole made some funny faces for Ethan
    D7Lpo4N.png

Cole was a bit playful, so he flashed his crazy eyes at Ethan.
    BNTiyWu.png

Of course Ethan got a great laugh out of it!
    9OodnIR.png

Gracelynn: No way! Ethan is here? Late at night?!
    Ethan: I'm not making this up! It's true!
    hpv2EtZ.png

Ethan: Yo Grace! Check out this viral video I found on the web!
    Gracelynn: Ethan?! You are actually here!!
    MdtyKVi.png

Gracelynn: That video was funny indeed!
    Ethan: Glad to hear that!
    h2hSp2h.png

I went through my screenshots to find some pictures of my version of Jade Rosa as a teen. Here are two of them.

Jade showing Gracelynn some of her outfits on her phone
    ZB55MQL.png

Cole chatting with Jade and Sora
    va1vYXK.png

I found it funny Cole complained about his parents while they're actually sleeping nearby!
    uiAFbNu.png
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    @Daephene I love the info about your family. BTW it almost seems like Nikolas was a fake Father Winter and he just used Athena to get a good woohoo.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member

I've been enjoying looking at everyones updates lately, so thought I might join in. Here's the two sims from my newest save. Wren Kinsley is on the right, she was a story mode sim that got the evil, mean and music lover traits. So to make things interesting I thought I would make her a sister, Wynne Kinsley on the left, with the good, family orientated and vegitarian traits.
    I'm abit into the save at the moment,so will just introduce them for now.

WMFxlDz.png
  • Options
    @blueybluesky They are sweet! Also I love their livingroom. It looks very cozy. I see they have a cat.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Oh no I can't believe it. I was playing and the game decided to mess up some things (as it does on occasions) which caused another family tree mess up and erased some more relationships. Thankfully MCCC does regular saves so I could leave without saving and only lost 2 whole sims days. It was annoying that losing those days meant some big losses including losing 2 nice paint from reference portraits , erasing a very successful first date and a lovely family day out. I haven't played for 24 hours because I'm so angry and none of my sims even died or were lost. Here's hoping we all have a better week - where the game messing up is concerned.

@blueybluesky what lovely sims especially the eyes on Wynne.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top