Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

this disturbs me, woohoo and childrens clubs

I know they wouldn't be allowed to do the intereaction either but it disturbs me alo, personally, that the woohoo icon is still an option
when you make a club with children in it. I know you can make it a banned activity (not that you need to coz its obviously banned already) but , though I haven't checked, I have a feeling it is still there as choice when you put in what activites the club does. Again I know it isn't the games intention but it doesn't feel right to me at all.

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Like you said...."its obviously banned already" so why put energy into worrying about something that you can't do? This game has a lot of bugs and problems that are in the game to fret over.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Because it shows the lack of attention to details.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    edited May 2016
    There are I think bugs with the groups. Like if someone wanted you could have child labour groups..
  • Options
    achingaching Posts: 51 Member
    lol child labour, sorry that made me laugh I cant help it
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    aching wrote: »
    lol child labour, sorry that made me laugh I cant help it

LOL it's okay. It's true. I heard LGR did it.
  • Options
    stapeliadstapeliad Posts: 117 Member
    i agree this is disturbing and a great oversight.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't agree, you can make the club the way you want. There are no adult clubs or childrens clubs unless the player makes them that way. You can change the activities on a whim and change the members easily too. Mom and Dad could have woohoo as an option while the kids do homework. Of course I guess it's a rule that that isn't allowed when children live in the same home. In my opinion if you don't want to woohoo in your group.. ahh gee you might not want to click the activity at all.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    stapeliad wrote: »
    i agree this is disturbing and a great oversight.

Really? Disturbing? You can't even do it. It's a word in a menu that is for all the ages in the game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I don't find anything that needs fixing with this, honestly. You're in control over the activities in your group, and it's not like it can affect the children anyway? >_>
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    edited May 2016
    The possibilities for making clubs are endless and they give you the tools to do so. They're not going to restrict some club activities for certain age groups because that LIMITS the playability of the club feature.
    Yes, it would be disturbing if the children could woohoo or something, but they can't at all. Therefore woohoo being a club activity option doesn't do anything at all for the children.
    EDIT As for calling it "bugs" and speaking about child labor groups, I have a child labor group LOL. My sims children are in a club with their other children friends and instead of hiring a maid I have them come over clean and do homework. Is it child labor? Yes. Would it be wrong in real life? Yes. Is it wrong in a game? No because it's a game that allows you to create what you want. You can kill sims in the most horrible ways in the Sims so why not be allowed to do other things that would be considered cruel and unusual in reality?
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
  • Options
    madoka wrote: »
    The possibilities for making clubs are endless and they give you the tools to do so. They're not going to restrict some club activities for certain age groups because that LIMITS the playability of the club feature.
    Yes, it would be disturbing if the children could woohoo or something, but they can't at all. Therefore woohoo being a club activity option doesn't do anything at all for the children.
    EDIT As for calling it "bugs" and speaking about child labor groups, I have a child labor group LOL. My sims children are in a club with their other children friends and instead of hiring a maid I have them come over clean and do homework. Is it child labor? Yes. Would it be wrong in real life? Yes. Is it wrong in a game? No because it's a game that allows you to create what you want. You can kill sims in the most horrible ways in the Sims so why not be allowed to do other things that would be considered cruel and unusual in reality?

:D I don't see that as child labor. I see it as learning that there are chores in life.
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    What's disturbing to me is that this is even a concern when kids can't woohoo at all and the thought to even mention that it could be put as a banned activity makes no sense when you as a player have control over the clubs activities.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    What disturbs me is that it shouldn't even be an option on a kids club. And that some don't see it as disturbing. Why would it be there... only because they didn't think to limit options for kids groups? Well, they have to limit options for kids, chat options, activities... it shouldn't be there.

But, since that's my opinion... it's safe to say EA/Maxis won't care. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    What's REALLY disturbing is the fact others seem to need limitations on which club activities can go with what to keep them from using that club activity.

If you don't want woohoo to be one of the club activities for your club, the simple and only solution is: don't choose it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    What disturbs me is that it shouldn't even be an option on a kids club. And that some don't see it as disturbing. Why would it be there... only because they didn't think to limit options for kids groups? Well, they have to limit options for kids, chat options, activities... it shouldn't be there.

I know we agree on a lot of other things............this time though........

I just don't see it as disturbing because I know unless I do something to alter the game the whole thing is a moot point. It's probably something that wouldn't even have shown up on my radar. To me it's like people posting their outrage over guys coming back from abductions pregnant and suggesting that the aliens have abused them in a way that will get censored here. It's almost like people want to get outraged over something.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Lol! As if it's a limit when it shouldn't be an option. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It's an option for anybody who wants to have it as an option because it's supposed to be a game where the player gets to tell their story. Children can't woohoo and there's no possibility for them to, so there's no reason to take that option away.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yes, an option for any club that isn't a Child's Club. I see... what you're saying, but you don't see what I'm saying. :)

Just like the option isn't there for children- programed out- it shouldn't be an option for children's groups- programed out.
  • Options
    Yes, an option for any club that isn't a Child's Club. I see... what you're saying, but you don't see what I'm saying. :)

With the way things like animations and interactions have been done in shorthand I don't see that something in a list would have been high on the to do list.
  • Options
    No trust me, I see what you're saying- and if having woohoo as a club activity for a childrens club changed the club in any way or made the children do anything that was inappropriate I would agree. But the fact is children can't woohoo and aren't affected by it. If you don't want it to be an option don't ever use it, but by limiting that as an option the game would become more censored than it already is.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I know we agree on a lot of other things............this time though........

I just don't see it as disturbing because I know unless I do something to alter the game the whole thing is a moot point. It's probably something that wouldn't even have shown up on my radar. To me it's like people posting their outrage over guys coming back from abductions pregnant and suggesting that the aliens have abused them in a way that will get censored here. It's almost like people want to get outraged over something.

We don't have to agree on lots of things. This is my opinion, that is yours and as ever it is okay. *And about the Aliens- That is someone's view and that is okay.

People can still be outraged over the most trivial things, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Me, I'm not because I don't like having to have groups to gets Sims to sit together or act like a family in this game. I still think the Option Shouldn't Be there. :)

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Well kids can't woohoo, but you can definitely have child labour. Have an adult, with a bunch of kids in a group, have their only activity as 'clean' and then watch the kids clean your house, free of charge, without their parents even knowing. >:)
  • Options

With the way things like animations and interactions have been done in shorthand I don't see that something in a list would have been high on the to do list.

The Devil is in the Details. -the small details can make something Awesome. I like details... I hope that shows in things I make.
  • Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Well kids can't woohoo, but you can definitely have child labour. Have an adult, with a bunch of kids in a group, have their only activity as 'clean' and then watch the kids clean your house, free of charge, without their parents even knowing. >:)

I enjoy my child labor group very much so! Have a large house that has to be cleaned and in exchange I sometimes (note: sometimes) help them with their homework and MIGHT make them food >:)
  • Options
    madoka wrote: »
    No trust me, I see what you're saying- and if having woohoo as a club activity for a childrens club changed the club in any way or made the children do anything that was inappropriate I would agree. But the fact is children can't woohoo and aren't affected by it. If you don't want it to be an option don't ever use it, but by limiting that as an option the game would become more censored than it already is.

Which, with the option not there, it would in no way limit any other Club options, as was your point. :)