Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Using “9”

Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
Has anyone just recently begun to have issues when you use 9 to raise objects with MOO on? This used to work perfectly fine, but nowadays, whenever I press 9, the screen zooms out as far as it can to the same corner of the lot. The object does actually get higher if you keep pressing 9, but the screen is so far away you can’t even see it. Zooming back in is a little bit of a nightmare too, but you can eventually get back. But, of course, when you press 9 again it zooms out to that corner again. I feel like this began a couple patches ago.
forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Switch your camera to Sims 3.Goodluck
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Switch your camera to Sims 3.Goodluck

I'm using the TS3 camera.
    forum_final.png

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Do you have any Mods that may be interfering?
    apple-signature.png
    Do you have any Mods that may be interfering?

I have mods, yes. How would I know if they’re interfering? I never had trouble before.
    forum_final.png

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try removing just your Mods. Restart your game and see if the problem persists. If it does not, then add your Mods back a few at a time and restart your game each time. If the problem returns, then one of the last Mods you added is causing the problem. Check with the creator to see if they updated the Mod to work with the latest patch.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Play your game without Mods and see if it is still happening. If it isn't then one or more Mods is causing the issue.
    apple-signature.png
  • haecandromehaecandrome Posts: 19 Member
    Try using ctrl+9 and ctrl+0 instead of just 9 and 0 on their own.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll try them soon and see what happens and let you know.
    forum_final.png

So, I went on vacation, then I got busy and I never got around to removing my mods…not that I think that’s the issue. I got last week’s patch, and I’m able to use 9 to raise things without it zooming out to some far corner of the screen now which is great. However, now what it does is it zooms in closer to the object that you’re trying to raise. Honestly, that’s really really nice. However, if I want to choose another object to raise, when I press 9 it zooms in back to that same spot. So close!

On Windows, I hear that pressing 9 on it’s own tilts the camera some kind of way that sounds like what I’ve described and they have to press ctrl+9. I tried all of our special keys in varying combos to see if anything different will happen, and the only thing is makes the camera bounce one time, so it’s definitely just 9.

Any new thoughts? Or do you guys still think it’s related to mods? I actually learned of several more people who are having this problem.
    forum_final.png

I have to press CTRL and 9 to move objects up and down. Have you checked your keyboard settings to make sure your CTRL key isn't mapped as another key?
    apple-signature.png
    I have to press CTRL and 9 to move objects up and down. Have you checked your keyboard settings to make sure your CTRL key isn't mapped as another key?

Positive. Like I said...I tried all the keys. I use the TS3 camera mode. Are there different strokes for the TS4 camera?
    forum_final.png

• lozz100lozz100 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have this same problem!!! It's so annoying, especially in a big build!
    Jes2G wrote: »

Positive. Like I said...I tried all the keys. I use the TS3 camera mode. Are there different strokes for the TS4 camera?

I use the TS3 camera mode too. These are my settings in System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys:

modifier-keys.png

apple-signature.png
    Mine are the same. I’ll try to remember to record a video next time I’m in game.
    forum_final.png

Mine are the same. I’ll try to remember to record a video next time I’m in game.

Oh don't worry, I believe you! I was just showing you my settings so we could make sure we have the same setup. Which keyboard configuration do you have setup (mine's British) and do you have any 3rd party video capture or screenshotting software installed?

apple-signature.png

Oh don't worry, I believe you! I was just showing you my settings so we could make sure we have the same setup. Which keyboard configuration do you have setup (mine's British) and do you have any 3rd party video capture or screenshotting software installed?

I have all kinds of goodies installed, but I don't run any of them while I play unless I'm recording a let's play. I use OBS, and I have the US config.
    forum_final.png

I have all kinds of goodies installed, but I don't run any of them while I play unless I'm recording a let's play. I use OBS, and I have the US config.

Are you 100% sure that they're not running in the background? It may be worth checking Activity Monitor for any related processes as that is one of the most common issues with the cheat console not coming up. So many of these kind of apps load processes without you even knowing.

apple-signature.png

Are you 100% sure that they're not running in the background? It may be worth checking Activity Monitor for any related processes as that is one of the most common issues with the cheat console not coming up. So many of these kind of apps load processes without you even knowing.

I'm quite sure, but I'll check. But still...I had all of this stuff before I started having issues. I mean the only difference would be an updated version of OBS, but like I said I only run it when I need it.
    forum_final.png

• CatholicSimmerCatholicSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    I have the same issue!! I'll definitely try removing my mods.
  • lolatortlolatort Posts: 38 Member
    Maybe you saved a Video Camera State on accident? I know it caused this issue for me. Open VideoCameraStates folder and just delete the contents.
  • ZodiacCosmosZodiacCosmos Posts: 2 New Member
    I figured a way to cheat the system because I was having this issue for so long!
    Using a few steps of this tutorial for the Cinematic Camera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVB0_OWKCw

STEPS:
    If you want to place an object on a specific spot and use 9 and 0;

1) Go into or stay in Live Mode.
    2)Position your camera to where you want to place the object.
    3) Press "Tab" on your keyboard (for PC, sorry I'm unfamiliar with Mac)
    4) Use your scroll wheel (on your mouse), WASD (front/left/back/right), and QE (down/up) to position the camera exactly where you want it.
    5) While still in Tab mode, press and hold "Ctrl" and "9" on your keyboard. This saves that position to your camera so when you press 9 you will be repositioned at the spot you saved.

Happy Simming! <3
  • ZodiacCosmosZodiacCosmos Posts: 2 New Member
    (I liked everyones comment just to get their attention, I'm not sure if you get notified when someone comments or not so sorry if I spammed you. I don't usually comment on forums but this one was worth it.)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    (I liked everyones comment just to get their attention, I'm not sure if you get notified when someone comments or not so sorry if I spammed you. I don't usually comment on forums but this one was worth it.)

No notifications are given if you give likes, awesomes or insightfuls.
    Plus your tip on fixing the 9-button problem: I don't do that. You won't be needing to be in live mode and cameraman mode. You can save camera positions in any mode. That's why when I have to use 9 in order to raise a object, I press Control+9 and the object goes up and camera stays in place.
    Press "Tab" on your keyboard (for PC, sorry I'm unfamiliar with Mac)

Thankfully Apple are quite up to date with keyboards and have included the tab key for quite some time now :tongue:

It's always recommended never to use CTRL and 9 like you would CTRl then 5,6,7 or 8 to set a camera view as it definitely interferes with using 9 and 0 to move objects up and down. Thank you for the advice but it can cause more problems for the user and trashing the VideoCameraStates file is the only way to reset it.
    apple-signature.png
  • TaleamonsterTaleamonster Posts: 1 New Member
    I seem to have fixed the 9 cheat for me, I did bb.moveobjects and then tried the 9 cheat and it worked. I hope this helps.