Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Cards on the way from Nvidia(GTX 1070, 1080 and Now 1060)

GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
edited May 2016 in Off Topic Chat
In the third quarter of this year Nvidia will be releasing two new mid range cards the "1050" which will replace the 950 and the "1060" which will replace the 960. No word on when the high end cards will be coming out. :)
Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
Post edited by Goldmoldar on

Comments

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Pffff I was counting on them releasing the high end first. Aaaaaw I'm upset now.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Pffff I was counting on them releasing the high end first. Aaaaaw I'm upset now.

Me too, hopefully they will come soon. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I just hope it's quarter 4 of this year like predicted, it feels like I've been waiting forever.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    AMD's Polaris is going to be better. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

:s:s:s>:)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

I just hope it's quarter 4 of this year like predicted, it feels like I've been waiting forever.

You getting rid of your 960?
    Im waiting till next year. Looking into getting the new cards and new 7th gen intel. My 970 is still great.. but most of my pc is getting on the old side now.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

You getting rid of your 960?
    Im waiting till next year. Looking into getting the new cards and new 7th gen intel. My 970 is still great.. but most of my pc is getting on the old side now.
    Yup, and I can't wait to either, I'm so excited for the new cards, been reading so many bits, I just want to see how they turn out in the end. I only got the 960 because I thought the new gen would be here sooner, so I'm holding my breath haha. It's the only pc part I'm "missing" right now.

hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Nvidia is just now releasing the new graphics cards? I had figured that they would have done so when Microsoft released Windows 10.
  • Options

:s:s:s>:)

Sorry. D:
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I have a question.... I have a GTX 960 2GB now. Would it be worth it to jump to a 970? The only three games I play are TS4, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, and Project CARS. The only new game I'd be interested in is the new Need For Speed.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I have a question.... I have a GTX 960 2GB now. Would it be worth it to jump to a 970? The only three games I play are TS4, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, and Project CARS. The only new game I'd be interested in is the new Need For Speed.

Right now, I'd say no just because the prices should drop when the new generation is out. Even if you're not interested in those, you might be able to get a cheaper 970. As long as your games run fine, I'd wait it out.

hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I'd wait until next generation is released - I'd go with Polaris, since it is built on a better architecture than Pascal (Polaris is built on 14nm, while Pascal is built on 16nm), but I'd wait to see if Polaris will live up to its hype.

AMD is also releasing Polaris all in one time frame; Vega (Fiji's next generation) will be released sometime near the end of the year.

I am considering upgrading to Polaris, since I'm thinking of moving onto 4K and possibly virtual reality in the future.

Notifying...
    @chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Oh how fast technology moves. *pets computer* I plan on keeping my current system for at least 4 more years.

Hopefully this means I can grab a GTX 950 for cheap this holiday season. :# (Christmas build for my niece) She is saving up and I told her that I would help out with the cost and building so I better keep my word.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

I'd wait until next generation is released - I'd go with Polaris, since it is built on a better architecture than Pascal (Polaris is built on 14nm, while Pascal is built on 16nm), but I'd wait to see if Polaris will live up to its hype.

AMD is also releasing Polaris all in one time frame; Vega (Fiji's next generation) will be released sometime near the end of the year.

I am considering upgrading to Polaris, since I'm thinking of moving onto 4K and possibly virtual reality in the future.

Notifying...
    @chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13

:s this is not a AND fanboy thread.
    Just leave your fanboy stuff to your own silly threads.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Oh how fast technology moves. *pets computer* I plan on keeping my current system for at least 4 more years.

Hopefully this means I can grab a GTX 950 for cheap this holiday season. :# (Christmas build for my niece) She is saving up and I told her that I would help out with the cost and building so I better keep my word.
    You will most likely, the prices for the 950 is falling now.

• Options
    edited May 2016

I would agree with Amiutza post but at the same time I would look at the 1050 and 1060 specs first when Nvidia releases them. I have no intention on getting neither of them because I am waiting to see what the high enders are going to look like and what are the specs on them and I am going to wait longer because I do not go for the first generation because of bugs and let the first wave do the testing. If you still want the 970 wait and see how the prices fall the lowest I seen was 279.99 on Newegg.
  • Options

I would agree with Amiutza post but at the same time I would look at the 1050 and 1060 specs first when Nvidia releases them. I have no intention on getting neither of them because I am waiting to see what the high enders are going to look like and what are the specs on them and I am going to wait longer because I do not go for the first generation because of bugs and let the first wave do the testing. If you still want the 970 wait and see how the prices fall the lowest I seen was 279.99 on Newegg.
    $279.99 is not what I call a low low price. $279.99 is still very high price for a graphics card.

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    $279.99 is not what I call a low low price. $279.99 is still very high price for a graphics card.

$279.99??? I wouldn't pay less than $900 for any component which is of the gaming class!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    In the third quarter of this year Nvidia will be releasing two new mid range cards the "1050" which will replace the 950 and the "1060" which will replace the 960. No word on when the high end cards will be coming out. :)

I can't believe that they haven't released a "Dual Titan X" yet. Multi-processor ultra wide architecture will be mandatory for the next generation of ultra depth environments and ultra high resolution models.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options

I can't believe that they haven't released a "Dual Titan X" yet. Multi-processor ultra wide architecture will be mandatory for the next generation of ultra depth environments and ultra high resolution models.
    The Sims can certainly use that! :)

• Options
    edited May 2016
    :s this is not a AND fanboy thread.
    Just leave your fanboy stuff to your own silly threads.

Sorry. D:
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    How long until they stop making/selling the past series?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »

No, it is not a low low price and I am waiting to see to see how low it will really go, but some people would buy it compared to what it used to cost.
  • Options
    To get back on topic, I am getting so hyped up about the next generation. I looooong for it because I'm stuck with my 960 due to my fiancé making a bad judgment call. So bring it on already! :D
    hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    To get back on topic, I am getting so hyped up about the next generation. I looooong for it because I'm stuck with my 960 due to my fiancé making a bad judgment call. So bring it on already! :D
    I can't wait myself, Nvidia had reported they had pulled all they could from the 960(paraphrasing) and can't go no further with it. I just want to see the specs on them and see if there is a big difference. I have no intention on buying the 1050 or 1060. When I spend I go big, but not big enough to get that Titan X too much money for that make me get a headache. I believe the high end cards will be 1070 to 1090 and probably will be my last buy because I am getting too old for this stuff. :)