Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited January 2018
    Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls are my favorites. I like the layout in these two towns a lot, but wish Bridgeport had more empty lots.
    Post edited by Kendrana on
  • danibostoniandanibostonian Posts: 145 Member
    My legacy is in University right now (i did a twins legacy for the founders) and i really like Lucky palms. I have a custom tow which is my favorite but i forger whats its called. ill edit it in later
  • The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    I absolutely adore Legacy Island III as there is no other map to my knowledge utilizing this many amazing innovative ideas and every single EP out there. :smiley:
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    I think I answered this in another thread. My favorite world is Moonlight Falls because find it spacious, and Appaloosa Plains a second favorite.
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    @The_Black_Family That's exactly the reason I love that world as well :)
  • cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    This was a world that I made on behalf of reddit & players who kept requesting a slum. It ended surprising me! I played many long hours myself in it.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been having a lot of fun setting up Sunset Valley2 for a legacy after finding it working this time.It's empty and the lots are all empty which is great for 100 baby challenges.I'll populate the town and story progression is going into manual Mode.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Moonlight Falls (revamped with an actual town center), Sunset Valley (revamped with additional and expanded neighborhoods), Dragon Valley, Appaloosa Plains, and Monte Vista are the worlds I play in most, so I guess those are a must for me.
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    Roaring Heights is usually the town where the Anvilshipping action happens. That's Robert Castor x Beau Merrick, BTW. I know that they're respectively from Twinbrook and Bridgeport, but I can save them to either the CAS or family bin, and\or make new versions of them. Kupo!
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    I play in Appaloosa Plains about 90% of the time. It reminds me of a quaint, small town in Oregon, maybe Montana or even Virginia with a gorgeous permanent Fall aesthetic (which also happens to be my favorite season). I really like the houses in the town and there's a lot of space to add new lots as well; I love raising families there and it's a great town if you like Horses since there's a lot of space, a lot of houses come with barns, etc.

I also really like Sunset Valley and Riverview. SV, most likely for the nostalgia that comes with it but also because I love the huge park, the houses, the townies...it's overall a good town. Riverview because of how widespread it is, similar to AP, there's a lot of places to put lots.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • For me, it is Bridgeport! Yes Bridgeport! I do not know why am so obsessed with Bridgeport but it is just like the same old nostalgic city where I played with all of my most loved sims that I created in past, and also from time to time one of the most other enjoyable world is Aurora Skies for me. For me, Aurora Skies isn't one of the most succesfully designed world but it just makes me feel like, I should have been there while I am playing with my sims. :)
    IfvKgi.jpg[/URL]
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    For me, it is Bridgeport! Yes Bridgeport! I do not know why am so obsessed with Bridgeport but it is just like the same old nostalgic city where I played with all of my most loved sims that I created in past, and also from time to time one of the most other enjoyable world is Aurora Skies for me. For me, Aurora Skies isn't one of the most succesfully designed world but it just makes me feel like, I should have been there while I am playing with my sims. :)

I really like Bridgeport too because I love big cities but I find it kind of hard to play sometimes. It lags a bit (at least for me) and I don't like the lack of houses; even the celebrity houses are pretty small because usually they only come with one or two bedrooms. It's a fun town, but it's not a good place to play if you like to raise a family.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    It's a fun town, but it's not a good place to play if you like to raise a family.

So basically, I hate Bridgeport. The whole reason I play Sims is to raise families! If I want to play in the city, I use Setra instead!
  • EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    Sunlit tides and moonlight falls!
    25up6pu.jpg
  • JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    Alpine County is the only town that I can't live without.

Bridgeport is nice, but I feel like it could be larger. Hidden Springs is beautiful but too boring.
    a742kT4.jpg
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    I'm on Haitus right now for the sims because I gotta focus on my studies! (RN 2017!!) anywayyyyy I am taking some major notes haha all these towns sound amazing and I didn't even know they existed!!
  • readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    Dragon Valley,Bridgeport,Lucky Palms and Aurora Skies are my absolute faves.Like the large available lots of Moonlight Falls and I like to update the "hangouts" with LN's professional bars and a few other items (photo booth and that mechanical bull thing from Showtime) but I try to keep the adds and changes as minimal as possible or ,for me at least,the whole feel of the town changes too much for me to enjoy long.And I second or third (lost count lol) Rflong's Glenvale County for best world to customize for my kind of gameplay.Love it for raising generations of extended families and seeing how they do.Really want to try Storybrook tho!
    Glitches,lags....give me that(actually I don't have those very often to really complain about) but I think open worlds are what keeps me still so interested in Sims 3. Happy Simming ,Everyone! :)
  • JamesCristJamesCrist Posts: 4 New Member
    Count on again one more vote for legacy island lll.
  • Aly70Aly70 Posts: 17 Member
    I was very late to the Sims 3 party and only bought the game at the time of ITF, though I didn't buy that first. With the starter pack, I bought Island Paradise then bought the rest of the EPs and SPs gradually. Isla Paradiso is still my 'go to' world because I just love the water based activities and the tropical/coastal build sets, and houseboats are so enjoyable to build and to sail around the islands. It's a royal pain in the butt to rectify the issues causing *major* lag there, but after following a list of things to 'fix' I then saved the world as a master copy. Now all I do is load the master and make a new save for that family. It works really well and I have many many different games in IP, it's well worth the effort to make it right!

I have all store worlds too and love them for different reasons, but seem to play more in Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides and Aurora Skies.

As for custom worlds, I can recommend any of Rflong's masterpieces, they are truly outstanding, but I especially love Beach City and Legacy Island III.

I also love some of mysimrealty's worlds on her website, such as Meadow Glen, Deery Meadows and Storybrook County.

For tomb lovers, simsample's world called Jericho is just amazing. Some of the most cleverly thought out tombs with outstanding decoration, a real pleasure to explore them all.

Another world on my list is Enekjaer by fagersims. It's a very picturesque world, especially in winter with the snow. IronSeagull on youtube made a video about it, go check it out! :)

Duneoog and Isle of the Midnight Sun world are small, fast loading - google them for links. The Isle of the midnight sun challenge is an interesting way to play, it's listed on modthesims website.

Johnnywr has a few worlds that are outstanding, beautiful masterpieces - Great Bear, Cape Garner and Mariner's Reach are all atmospheric and gorgeous to play in, especially good for picture taking.

Hi, just wondering how you make a master copy of IP after making the necessary changes, so that you don't have to re- do it every new save?
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Waiting for my PC to be fixed, I ask a suggestion again for worlds: cute medium-small worlds, empty where I can build my own community lots and houses?
    Possibly with little or no CC?

I'm like looking for the stuff I want to put in my game while waiting to play again! :D
  • hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    Aly70 wrote: »

Hi, just wondering how you make a master copy of IP after making the necessary changes, so that you don't have to re- do it every new save?

Hi, I make the changes in the world by following a guide on Mod the Sims website (go into edit town and edit the houseboats or lots to fix whatever's causing lag, such as moving the bathtub to the other direction as instructed), then save the game and call it 'Isla Paradiso Master', then whenever I want to start a new game I load that save file and save it under a new name, such as 'IP Meadows legacy' or whatever the family is called, and follow that each time I want a family in IP, I load the master save game file and save it under a new name for the new family. Hope that makes sense :)
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    Waiting for my PC to be fixed, I ask a suggestion again for worlds: cute medium-small worlds, empty where I can build my own community lots and houses?

I'm like looking for the stuff I want to put in my game while waiting to play again! :D

I've used Sunset Valley Empty by sookielee to build my Rock N Roll themed world and it worked well! here is a link to the lot on the exchange:
    Sunset Valley Empty
    Moonstone.jpg

• WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    jennytru wrote: »
    WillowG145 wrote: »

I've used Sunset Valley Empty by sookielee to build my Rock N Roll themed world and it worked well! here is a link to the lot on the exchange:
    Sunset Valley Empty
    Thank you @jennytru :)
    It Will be Fun build there!
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i caant live without storybrook and evansdale county two of my all time favorites!
  • CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
    edited March 2017
    Midnight Hollow is full of the weirdos, plus there's Viola and Morgan Yates. My kind of Sims. I haven't played any other worlds for a while.
    mj4do4.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top