Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I just bought Lucky Palms and Late Night (my last expansion pack) Love both those towns!! They're my favorite so far!! Lucky palms is my first store world!!

I have all the store worlds and they are all worth having. I usually try to go for the gold versions as you can't always get the extras separately later on. They are usually a little cheaper getting gold too - the exception is Aurora Skies. It is often cheaper if you get it and it's venue separately. But you need to check it out before you go to buy as things change.

Have fun and Happy Simming.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I can't imagine playing Sims 3 without Bridgeport or Coasterboi's Los Aniegos. These are the worlds I play the most. I also like playing a player created version of Strangetown for TS3.
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    As far as EA-made worlds go, Sunlit Tides completely blew me away. I still love it to this day. For player-created, pretty much any world done by MySimRealty. She does amazing work and I never get tired of it.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • SimsCat84SimsCat84 Posts: 72 Member
    I only play in EA worlds . My faves are Sunset Valley, Appaloosa Plains and Isla Pardiso . Currently I play in Sunset Valley
    StephSteb wrote: »
    I wanted to add 3 that I have played recently that are awesome:

Erewhon by Silverdrake

Enchanted Forest at Sims Catalog

Nia Simoa

Thanks for the links. I tried to download all of them but couldn't get Enchanted Forest. But since I'll probably never get around to playing in any of them it probably doesn't matter.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    edited May 2016
    Bridgeport. I have great memories of that city from my first years of playing The Sims 3.

Moonlight Falls and Twinbrook also have a quiet atmosphere that I enjoy while playing.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited June 2016
    Karritz wrote: »

Erewhon by Silverdrake

Nia Simoa

Thanks for the links. I tried to download all of them but couldn't get Enchanted Forest. But since I'll probably never get around to playing in any of them it probably doesn't matter.

Bummer @Karritz I normally don't have trouble with SimsCatalog. Sorry :# It's a very small world but interesting because she has built a replica of the giant Cinderella castle that is in Bavaria and you might see Beetlegeuse walking around (don't say that name 2 more times!) :D I tried to find it through another link but it's a SimsCatalog exclusive. :/

ETA: I think you would like Erewhon, though for your fairies :)

Erewhon by Silverdrake

Nia Simoa

Bummer @Karritz I normally don't have trouble with SimsCatalog. Sorry :# It's a very small world but interesting because she has built a replica of the giant Cinderella castle that is in Bavaria and you might see Beetlegeuse walking around (don't say that name 2 more times!) :D I tried to find it through another link but it's a SimsCatalog exclusive. :/

ETA: I think you would like Erewhon, though for your fairies :)

Thanks. I got to the download of the world but then I haven't signed up for the site that hosts it and it wanted me to download something without telling me what I was downloading and I didn't want to just click that 'Free Download' button. I was probably just being contrary but I have downloaded a lot of worlds lately and I suspect I'll never get to play with most of them so decided I didn't need that free download - whatever it was. It also said I had to wait 60 seconds and it wasn't counting down.

All of this discussion has made me think of another world I've downloaded and had a quick look at but never played.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/743908.page

This might be a better link to download the world from
    http://hogwartsarchitect.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/hogwarts-forever-fixed-version-harry.html

Here are a few pictures...

HW003.jpg

HW002.jpg

HW001.jpg

HW008.jpg

HW006.jpg

HW004.jpg

HW007.jpg

HW005.jpg

Fortunately, this is the limit of my screen shots. I have not played in this world I just had a look around and it seems to work well.
    There are sims in the version I had. I think I may have downloaded a save game to get them though. It is all in the link I posted. I think the first link to the old Sims 3 forum is mainly for info.

how to screenshot on windows
  • norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    this is why i love sims 3, i recently started playing it and i've never tried to add a world before but this thread is making want to go for it, am like taking notes to start looking for all of them :smiley:
    so far moonlight fall is my favorite but maybe that's about to change :smiley:
  • manichollsmanicholls Posts: 158 Member
    Roaring Heights
  • MindaSamielsMindaSamiels Posts: 39 Member
    I had a world that I really loved but can't find anymore. The last Sims 3 update deleted everything and I had to find everything and download again.
    The world that i liked so much was a Buccanneer Bay type world and used all the Barnacle Bay stuff, was a nice sized island and even had a swampy area for fishing and some really creepy cheap houses in the swamp.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd love to reload it.
    There was another one called Rocky Hills (I believe) that was great but didn't have all of the stores and such and really wasn't conducive to adding them because of the size and shape of the map.
    I had a world that I really loved but can't find anymore. The last Sims 3 update deleted everything and I had to find everything and download again.
    The world that i liked so much was a Buccanneer Bay type world and used all the Barnacle Bay stuff, was a nice sized island and even had a swampy area for fishing and some really creepy cheap houses in the swamp.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd love to reload it.
    There was another one called Rocky Hills (I believe) that was great but didn't have all of the stores and such and really wasn't conducive to adding them because of the size and shape of the map.

Buccanneer Bay sounds interesting. I've no idea what it's called or how to find it though.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    favourite worlds: midnight hollow, monte vista, aurora skies.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2016
    Buccanneer Bay sounds interesting. I've no idea what it's called or how to find it though.

@Karritz
    thesims3.com ---> Store ---> Worlds ---> Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure!

http://store.thesims3.com/barnacleBay.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

Edit: Sorry, it looks like you were talking about a custom world, not the Barnacle Bay EA world.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

@Karritz
    thesims3.com ---> Store ---> Worlds ---> Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure!

http://store.thesims3.com/barnacleBay.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

Edit: Sorry, it looks like you were talking about a custom world, not the Barnacle Bay EA world.

Yes. Thanks for trying though. I am actually currently playing in the Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure.
  • SariwaSariwa Posts: 6 New Member
    I really don't have enough expansion packs to download custom worlds but i am drooling because of evansdale county
  • EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    EA worlds:
    Monte Vista
    Dragon Valley
    Midnight Hollow

Custom worlds:
    Well... haven't tried many of them yet, it seems each time I install one and have a plan for a gameplay fit for that world, something happens to my game or computer and I need to start all over again -.-
    But I have Praaven by jje1000, and it looks sooooo so promising. I need to really start that world.
    And I'm looking forward to Uranesia by Nilxis, it looks amazing!
  • smurfie88smurfie88 Posts: 49 Member
    I cant decide on what world to buy with my simpoints - aurora skies , midnight hallows, lucky palms, sunlit tides or lunar lakes lol :P Which one should I get?
    smurfie88 wrote: »
    I cant decide on what world to buy with my simpoints - aurora skies , midnight hallows, lucky palms, sunlit tides or lunar lakes lol :P Which one should I get?

I don't know. I have them all and love them all. The only thing I could suggest though is if you decide on Midnight Hollow you ought to get the Gold version so you have to toy store that goes with it. It originally wasn't available separately and it is worth checking if it is still only available when you buy the world. I know a lot of people got caught buying the standard version and then had to try to get customer support to let them get the gold without having to buy the world twice just to get the toy store.

I think Aurora Skies is often cheaper to buy the standard version and then buy the venue that comes with it. But check these things out before buying as things change.

Which ever world you do get there is lots of fun to be had in them and they all come with lots of new things including new sims and careers etc.

Happy Simming.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    EA world or custom world? I guess for a EA world it would be Bridgeport. For a custom world it would be Angel City.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    No Lucky Palms love in this entire thread...YOU ARE ALL FIRED,CLEAN OUT YOUR DESKS AND PICK UP YOUR FINAL PAYCHECK :rage:

Have seen a few mentions of lack of flat land but you are not going to dust off LP and give it a go. :(

Well I will be the first to love Lucky Palms then. :p The best store world ever. <3<3

I just bought Lucky Palms...love it! I want more worlds, but they are SO expensive...I need more to explore. My favorite has to be Monte Vista. I really want all of the store worlds. Maybe once I am working and have the funds to complete my collection, I will have more to say!

Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
    No Lucky Palms love in this entire thread...YOU ARE ALL FIRED,CLEAN OUT YOUR DESKS AND PICK UP YOUR FINAL PAYCHECK :rage:

Have seen a few mentions of lack of flat land but you are not going to dust off LP and give it a go. :(

Well I will be the first to love Lucky Palms then. :p The best store world ever. <3<3

I just bought Lucky Palms...love it! I want more worlds, but they are SO expensive...I need more to explore. My favorite has to be Monte Vista. I really want all of the store worlds. Maybe once I am working and have the funds to complete my collection, I will have more to say!

Start watching the ads on the store site. You get paid sim points you can use to buy whatever you want. Worlds take a while to get the points for but you do get there in the end.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I can't do Lucky Palms because it's so DRY and DUSTY and it feels kinda empty to me. But that's definitely just my perspective!!!
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I can't do Lucky Palms because it's so DRY and DUSTY and it feels kinda empty to me. But that's definitely just my perspective!!!

I didn't like it much at first but I do now. I think you need to play in it for a while to start to appreciate its beauty. And one of my most used store items is the wishing well that comes with the world. I get a lot of use out of the wishing well as I put it onto the home lot of every household I play.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top