Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited June 2018
    im_tnt wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where the game's render distance isn't actually showing up as what it's supposed to be?
    My settings are at ULTRA, but the Render Distance is at short for some reason. I have no CC in, All packs. I'm currently attempting a repair to see if that helps. It's really weird :/

Hello @im_tnt
    I hope that repairing the game helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues remain, try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Try testing in a fresh new save game to see if the issue occur there.
  • abby_1307abby_1307 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi i'm new to this so i am not sure if this is where i am supposed to post issues or not so im so sorry if it is not. I am having an issue where when i go to play my sims game and click on the household i want to play with, i get to where they live and click on their house and go to play with them and then my game gets stuck on the loading screen. I have been playing sims 4 for a while now and i am aware that things like cc/mods can effect game play and a lot of the resolutions to this problem are to go through your mods and find out what mod is causing the problem. I have 2500+ mods so i decided the easier way was to use a program that goes through the folder and updates all mods and checks for corrupted mods. Every mod is fine and there are no corrupted mods. I have tried repairing my game, re-installing and wiping all folders under sims 4. It works fine when i played after re-installing the game and when i was not using any of my previous saves or mods folders. I am finding this very fustrating as only a few months ago it took my 2 months to get my game working after i downloaded sims 4 cats and dogs. I was wondering if anybody had any other solutions as to what to do to get my game working again. Once again, so sorry if this is not where i am meant to post my problems :)
    abby_1307 wrote: »
    Hi i'm new to this so i am not sure if this is where i am supposed to post issues or not so im so sorry if it is not. I am having an issue where when i go to play my sims game and click on the household i want to play with, i get to where they live and click on their house and go to play with them and then my game gets stuck on the loading screen. I have been playing sims 4 for a while now and i am aware that things like cc/mods can effect game play and a lot of the resolutions to this problem are to go through your mods and find out what mod is causing the problem. I have 2500+ mods so i decided the easier way was to use a program that goes through the folder and updates all mods and checks for corrupted mods. Every mod is fine and there are no corrupted mods. I have tried repairing my game, re-installing and wiping all folders under sims 4. It works fine when i played after re-installing the game and when i was not using any of my previous saves or mods folders. I am finding this very fustrating as only a few months ago it took my 2 months to get my game working after i downloaded sims 4 cats and dogs. I was wondering if anybody had any other solutions as to what to do to get my game working again. Once again, so sorry if this is not where i am meant to post my problems :)

Hello @abby_1307
    You are posting in the right section of the forums so you don’t need to be sorry at all :)
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. It sounds like your mods /cc may still though be causing the issues. Mod conflict programs can pick up mod/cc conflicts and some broken mods and cc but not all broken mods and cc.
    To test to see if the mods/cc are the cause of the issues, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Because you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
    @rosemow ok i have gone ahead and taken your suggestion and put it to the test to see what mod cause be causing this. I have a total of 3,085 mods so i split it into 3 groups of 1,000 and then had 1 group of 85. I tested each group on its own and they all worked. I had no loading problems and each mod worked and there were no problems with the game. I am not sure what else to do now that i've tested all my mods. Any other suggestions?
    edited June 2018
    @rosemow ok i have gone ahead and taken your suggestion and put it to the test to see what mod cause be causing this. I have a total of 3,085 mods so i split it into 3 groups of 1,000 and then had 1 group of 85. I tested each group on its own and they all worked. I had no loading problems and each mod worked and there were no problems with the game. I am not sure what else to do now that i've tested all my mods. Any other suggestions?

Hello
    If the issue is only occurring with one household, try moving that household to another home. Then test to see if the issues occur when trying to load the household there. Then test by moving them back to the original home and test to see if the issues remain.

If the same issue occured with all households in the save game, there may be an issue with that save game. I am sorry :(
    You could save your sims and their homes to your library and place them into a new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.
  • lyricalmelodylyricalmelody Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hi, I'm having a MCCC Last Exception issue. I tried reading it on my own but it was hard to understand and just need help if anyone can with translating the problem to fix it. It only shows up when I install MCCC into my mod folder otherwise my game is fine.

This is the exception: (If anyone knows the problem it will help a billion or if you know if a thread for this MCCC problem it will help!)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <sessionid>aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44</sessionid>
    <type>desync</type>
    <sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
    <createtime>2018-06-09 19:10:59</createtime>
    <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.43.14.1020-1.200.000.339.Release</buildsignature>
    <categoryid>resolver.py:654</categoryid>
    <desyncid>aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44</desyncid>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.SocialGroup)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 131, in _initial_update_callback

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 160, in _pulse

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 238, in _add_and_remove_buffs_for_sim

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 380, in run_tests

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 357, in _run_method_over_tests

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 122, in __call__

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 654, in get_participants

ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.SocialGroup

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <type>desync</type>
    <createtime>2018-06-09 19:11:00</createtime>
    <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.43.14.1020-1.200.000.339.Release</buildsignature>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.SocialGroup)

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 131, in _initial_update_callback

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 160, in _pulse

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 238, in _add_and_remove_buffs_for_sim

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 380, in run_tests

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 357, in _run_method_over_tests

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 122, in __call__

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 654, in get_participants

ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.SocialGroup

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <type>desync</type>
    <createtime>2018-06-09 19:11:17</createtime>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.All)

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 293, in _run

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 149, in _update_callback

ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.All

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <type>desync</type>
    <createtime>2018-06-09 19:34:18</createtime>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.All)

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\proximity_component.py", line 149, in _update_callback

ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.All

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <type>desync</type>
    <createtime>2018-06-09 19:34:18</createtime>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <type>desync</type>
    <createtime>2018-06-09 19:53:15</createtime>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    </root>
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hi, I'm having a MCCC Last Exception issue. I tried reading it on my own but it was hard to understand and just need help if anyone can with translating the problem to fix it. It only shows up when I install MCCC into my mod folder otherwise my game is fine.

This is the exception: (If anyone knows the problem it will help a billion or if you know if a thread for this MCCC problem it will help!)

<?xml version="1.0"?>

aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44
    desync
    ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc
    2018-06-09 19:10:59
    Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.43.14.1020-1.200.000.339.Release
    resolver.py:654
    aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44

Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.SocialGroup)

aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44
    desync
    ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc
    2018-06-09 19:11:00
    aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44

Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.SocialGroup)

aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44
    desync
    ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc
    2018-06-09 19:11:17
    aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44

Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.All)

aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44
    desync
    ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc
    2018-06-09 19:34:18
    aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44

Exception in Wall clock Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.All)

aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44
    desync
    ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc
    2018-06-09 19:34:18
    aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44

aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44
    desync
    ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc
    2018-06-09 19:53:15
    aad10f06380699dd5b1c5b44

Hello @lyricalmelody
    It would be best to either post about the last exception file on the MCCC mod help thread here on the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
    Or you can post the last exception text in the General Support section on the MCCC Discord channel
    https://discord.gg/WhhjZSp
    Simmers on the Discord channel will help you.
    @rosemow hi again,

I took your advice from yesterday and tried moving them into a new household and it still had that issue. I then proceeded to delete that saved game and create a completely new game using the sims from my previous deleted save as i had saved them to my library. I was able to click on which apartment i wanted them to buy and all was well until they purchased the home and it was loading to get into live play mode and the loading screen got stuck and it has now been loading for 15 minutes. I have re-paired the game again and have checked there is nothing interfering with the game loading and everything on the computer seems fine. I am really unsure on what to do now that i know it was not a problem with my mods or that specific saved game. I've got one other issue with my game where as the gallery images have orange/red crosses over them and i am unable to access anything uploaded from other sims to the gallery but my gallery library works fine. I have had that issue for months so i don't think its got anything to do with that. Is there anything else i can do to fix my game? At this stage i am worried my sims game will not work and will not be able to be fixed which would suck. Thank you for all of the rest of your help though, i really appreciate it :)
    edited June 2018
    @rosemow hi again,

I took your advice from yesterday and tried moving them into a new household and it still had that issue. I then proceeded to delete that saved game and create a completely new game using the sims from my previous deleted save as i had saved them to my library. I was able to click on which apartment i wanted them to buy and all was well until they purchased the home and it was loading to get into live play mode and the loading screen got stuck and it has now been loading for 15 minutes. I have re-paired the game again and have checked there is nothing interfering with the game loading and everything on the computer seems fine. I am really unsure on what to do now that i know it was not a problem with my mods or that specific saved game. I've got one other issue with my game where as the gallery images have orange/red crosses over them and i am unable to access anything uploaded from other sims to the gallery but my gallery library works fine. I have had that issue for months so i don't think its got anything to do with that. Is there anything else i can do to fix my game? At this stage i am worried my sims game will not work and will not be able to be fixed which would suck. Thank you for all of the rest of your help though, i really appreciate it :)

Hello @abby_1307
    When you first tested earlier without your saves and mods folder in your game, you posted that you didn’t have the issue. It would be good to move the whole mods folder to your desktop, delete your cache files,
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    and test to see again if you have the loading screen issue when there are no mods at all in the game.

If the issues remain,could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • HydromethaneHydromethane Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, I have a question regarding TS4. Whenever I am playing as one household, I always find the dog of another household I play stranded in a public area. I have to switch back to the character of that household, take care of his dog, switch back to the household I'm playing, and the cycle continues. Is there a possible way to keep that household from being that way? I'd prefer for them to stay in their house without causing problems.
    Hello, I have a question regarding TS4. Whenever I am playing as one household, I always find the dog of another household I play stranded in a public area. I have to switch back to the character of that household, take care of his dog, switch back to the household I'm playing, and the cycle continues. Is there a possible way to keep that household from being that way? I'd prefer for them to stay in their house without causing problems.

Hello @Hydromethane
    I don’t know if you can stop a pet from leaving the home when playing another household.
    There is a thread on the AHQ EA site where simmers have been posting about their issues that the pets needs are not filled when playing another sims household. If this is occurring in your game ( and you are finding the stranded dog with low needs) , you may like to post feedback on the thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-needs-are-not-filled-while-playing-another/m-p/6460123#M53434
  • fajkyoofajkyoo Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello everyone .

I couldn't think a sims 4 without cc so ı have bunch of it . Because of them my cas icons not staying in line .
    its a big issue for me because I have a disease that I can not stand the unsymmetrical things . I have been researching cas problem for days there is a lot of issue like mine but none of them fixed . I tried categorize them and merge them in a sims 4 studio , I tried conflict detector that saying almost every cc is broken even all of them work fine in game , I tried fifty fifty method , ı tried put them one by one for hours ... I am literally going mad , ı couldn't play sims 4 . Please help me. I can send my all cc (4gb) to somebody ı can even pay for it please help .Thank you in advance for your help :blush:
    fajkyoo wrote: »
    Hello everyone .

I couldn't think a sims 4 without cc so ı have bunch of it . Because of them my cas icons not staying in line .
    its a big issue for me because I have a disease that I can not stand the unsymmetrical things . I have been researching cas problem for days there is a lot of issue like mine but none of them fixed . I tried categorize them and merge them in a sims 4 studio , I tried conflict detector that saying almost every cc is broken even all of them work fine in game , I tried fifty fifty method , ı tried put them one by one for hours ... I am literally going mad , ı couldn't play sims 4 . Please help me. I can send my all cc (4gb) to somebody ı can even pay for it please help .Thank you in advance for your help :blush:

Hello @fajkyoo
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :( As you would have read,other simmers are also having this issue. There doesn’t seem to be any permanent fixes for the issue. I am sorry :(
    By changing to another category in CAS then changing back to the original category, this can often help with the issue.
    Also, coming completely out of CAS then going back in again can help.
    thanks for ur fast answer @rosemow . :smile:
    Because of ı couldn't play sims ı started the watch youtubers that play sims and there are people that don't having this issue even there is a lot more cc than mine . there must be a solution just must be :(
    fajkyoo wrote: »
    thanks for ur fast answer @rosemow . :smile:
    Because of ı couldn't play sims ı started the watch youtubers that play sims and there are people that don't having this issue even there is a lot more cc than mine . there must be a solution just must be :(

I am sorry that you have this issue :( Perhaps you could be in touch with the cc creators of some of the cc that you own and see if they may be able to help you.
    Okay ı will try it thanks again .
  • CharlieHeartsCharlieHearts Posts: 15 New Member
    Someone please help me!!!

My character died at the jungle temple (from fireflies - he wouldnt extinguish himself) after watching the death cinimatic the urn did appear but once it automatically put me on my other character, i went back to where he died but the urn and his tent was gone... hes a ghost but no longer lives in my household and i only have a couple hours left to get him back so my question is how do i get him to spawn at my house. Im open to cheats please someone help me XD
    edited June 2018
    Someone please help me!!!

My character died at the jungle temple (from fireflies - he wouldnt extinguish himself) after watching the death cinimatic the urn did appear but once it automatically put me on my other character, i went back to where he died but the urn and his tent was gone... hes a ghost but no longer lives in my household and i only have a couple hours left to get him back so my question is how do i get him to spawn at my house. Im open to cheats please someone help me XD

Hello @CharlieHearts
    Play as your other sim
    Then type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then shift click the ghost and click " add to household"
    Your ghost sim will now be a part of your sims household.
  • PhoenixrollerPhoenixroller Posts: 3 New Member
    I retired 3 sims and bought 2 of the heirloom chests after the new update. It took my tickets, but didn't give me anything. The heirloom box bounced off the side of the screen like when you get a quest item, but the boxes aren't in my inventory (I checked everywhere), and I checked my heirloom list and nothing new was added. Super unhappy that the tickets apparently went to waste. I've looked in inventory and storage and heirloom cases and they aren't anywhere! This is a bad update.
    I retired 3 sims and bought 2 of the heirloom chests after the new update. It took my tickets, but didn't give me anything. The heirloom box bounced off the side of the screen like when you get a quest item, but the boxes aren't in my inventory (I checked everywhere), and I checked my heirloom list and nothing new was added. Super unhappy that the tickets apparently went to waste. I've looked in inventory and storage and heirloom cases and they aren't anywhere! This is a bad update.

Hello @Phoenixroller
    I am sorry that you have had this occur in your game. It would be best to post about your issue on this thread in the Sims Mobile section of the forums
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Spent-Green-Heirloom-Tickets-but-did-not-receive-Heirloom-Chests/m-p/6862390#M5121
  • EmilieElizabethEmilieElizabeth Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! This is my first bug/glitch that I have not been able to fix by myself or with the help of other threads on this site, and I have had no luck fixing it.

My problem is:
    There isn't a mosaic/censor over my sims when they shower/take a bath or use the toilet. This bothers me because, for some reason, there isn't underwear or undergarments on my sims. Every skin overlay that have shows detailed parts of their bodies, and no matter what I try, I cannot get the censor to appear. I have deleted all of my custom content and am re-downloading it, as I have tried to start the game with no cc, but the problem still occurs. I have checked, and I do not own the "No Censor" mod, so I do not understand why this is happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! :)
    Hello! This is my first bug/glitch that I have not been able to fix by myself or with the help of other threads on this site, and I have had no luck fixing it.

My problem is:
    There isn't a mosaic/censor over my sims when they shower/take a bath or use the toilet. This bothers me because, for some reason, there isn't underwear or undergarments on my sims. Every skin overlay that have shows detailed parts of their bodies, and no matter what I try, I cannot get the censor to appear. I have deleted all of my custom content and am re-downloading it, as I have tried to start the game with no cc, but the problem still occurs. I have checked, and I do not own the "No Censor" mod, so I do not understand why this is happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! :)

Hello @EmilieElizabeth
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t put back the mods folder.
    Start the game and see if the issue remains. Exit the game.
    Then place your mods into the new mods folder that is in the new sims 4 folder and see if the issue remains.
  • xNayrexNayre Posts: 1 New Member
    I have trouble with adopting a pet. At first it was fine. But now when I want to adopt a pet I dont have that option in my list anymore. I also dont get the option to mate. Is it because my sim is pregnant? I repaired the game already and deleted the cache files
    xNayre wrote: »
    I have trouble with adopting a pet. At first it was fine. But now when I want to adopt a pet I dont have that option in my list anymore. I also dont get the option to mate. Is it because my sim is pregnant? I repaired the game already and deleted the cache files

Hello @xNayre
    If your sims household already has 8 sims in it, or will have 8 sims when your sim gives birth, you won’t be able to add/adopt another pet into the family household. Each pet counts as a sim in a household. This may be why you are unable to adopt another pet.