Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• NewSimmer94NewSimmer94 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @rosemow wrote:
    > If you haven’t already done this, try repairing the game and see if that helps. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    >
    > Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    >
    > Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
    >
    > Try seeing if playing in windowed mode helps.

Windowed mode does help. However, I find that it's only a temporary fix. What I do is, when I go in game, I change my settings from fullscreen to windowed mode, but then I go back to fullscreen. That fixes the problem, but I have to do it everytime I go into the game. So, I guess this is a
    "temporary fix" for this problem. Also, I found that repairing the game does nothing.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    > @rosemow wrote:
    > If you haven’t already done this, try repairing the game and see if that helps. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    >
    > Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    >
    > Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
    >
    > Try seeing if playing in windowed mode helps.

Windowed mode does help. However, I find that it's only a temporary fix. What I do is, when I go in game, I change my settings from fullscreen to windowed mode, but then I go back to fullscreen. That fixes the problem, but I have to do it everytime I go into the game. So, I guess this is a
    "temporary fix" for this problem. Also, I found that repairing the game does nothing.

Hello
    It is good that switching to windowed mode then back to full screen helps, although it is a temporary fix for the issue and needs to be done each time you play the game.
  • helloihaveaquestionhelloihaveaquestion Posts: 7 New Member
    and i need help again... so i had get to work, cats and dogs, vampires, city living, and my first pet stuff. a few weeks maybe after i bought get to work and vampires there was a payment issue and they are gone. i have been trying to fix this all summer but nothing is working. my other packs are still there, i have not been banned or anything like that, and when i tried to repurchase them, and get another pack while i wait it would say "this order has failed, try again later". i tried it many, many times and when i add things to cart, nothing happens. i scroll over cart and it says "your cart is empty". i don't think my mods are doing this but i will try taking them out of my game, i have other than that, tried everything there is (i DID contact EA but my question hasn't been seen yet. please help I've been so bored lately. :cry:
    edited May 2018
    and i need help again... so i had get to work, cats and dogs, vampires, city living, and my first pet stuff. a few weeks maybe after i bought get to work and vampires there was a payment issue and they are gone. i have been trying to fix this all summer but nothing is working. my other packs are still there, i have not been banned or anything like that, and when i tried to repurchase them, and get another pack while i wait it would say "this order has failed, try again later". i tried it many, many times and when i add things to cart, nothing happens. i scroll over cart and it says "your cart is empty". i don't think my mods are doing this but i will try taking them out of my game, i have other than that, tried everything there is (i DID contact EA but my question hasn't been seen yet. please help I've been so bored lately. :cry:

Hello @helloihaveaquestion
    I am sorry that you are having issues :( It may be best to do a livechat with EA Help. You can then have a conversation with the help staff there and explain about your issues.
    https://help.ea.com/en/
    Clearing the browser cache may also help
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
  • ElleReeseHixinElleReeseHixin Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I've been playing the Sims 4 for awhile now but have never used the Sims Forums until today, when I came across an issue that I couldn't find any posts talking about. The issue is when I try and place a room that somebody had created to be an apartment for 20 Culpepper house in The Spice District of City Living, it says "cannot make changes outside owned area." I have testingcheats on and bb.moveobjects enabled, and I've been placing the room in the exact shape of the apartment. I've been doing this when the apartment is bulldozed, too. I've tried repairing my game through Origin, and that didn't fix the issue. If anybody could help me solve this issue, that would be great, thanks.
    edited May 2018
    Okay, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I've been playing the Sims 4 for awhile now but have never used the Sims Forums until today, when I came across an issue that I couldn't find any posts talking about. The issue is when I try and place a room that somebody had created to be an apartment for 20 Culpepper house in The Spice District of City Living, it says "cannot make changes outside owned area." I have testingcheats on and bb.moveobjects enabled, and I've been placing the room in the exact shape of the apartment. I've been doing this when the apartment is bulldozed, too. I've tried repairing my game through Origin, and that didn't fix the issue. If anybody could help me solve this issue, that would be great, thanks.

Hello @ElleReeseHixin
    Sometimes this can occur when trying to place apartment rooms. It seems to affect some rooms sometimes.
    Bulldoze the lot.Exit the game. Try then clearing the cache files.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then try placing the room again and see if that helps
  • DMD123DMD123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello All nice to be here and find other that help one another, I need a little help I had to redo my pc from scratch win 8.1 64bit I have sims 4 & I get a Origen Client Service error it cannot find api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll can any point in the right direction to resolve my issue. Thanks
    edited May 2018
    DMD123 wrote: »
    Hello All nice to be here and find other that help one another, I need a little help I had to redo my pc from scratch win 8.1 64bit I have sims 4 & I get a Origen Client Service error it cannot find api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll can any point in the right direction to resolve my issue. Thanks

Hello @DMD123
    There is a fix for your issue in the second post on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/api-ms-win-crt-heap-I1-1-0-dll/td-p/5985403
    Edit : I changed the link .
  • MsMidnightWolfMsMidnightWolf Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello! I can't seem to find the bug I'm experiencing posted anywhere else, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. It's nothing game-breaking that doesn't allow me to play, but it's still pretty irritating. Whenever my sim has enough items in their inventory that I need to scroll down, the scroll bar keeps jumping to the top of the inventory, and it makes it very frustrating trying to take a look at something in the sim's inventory. I haven't noticed the same problem in something like the bookshelves or the refrigerator, only my sims' personal inventory. Is there anyone else experiencing the same thing, and if so, is there an easy fix? Thanks for any advice you can give me!!
    Hello! I can't seem to find the bug I'm experiencing posted anywhere else, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. It's nothing game-breaking that doesn't allow me to play, but it's still pretty irritating. Whenever my sim has enough items in their inventory that I need to scroll down, the scroll bar keeps jumping to the top of the inventory, and it makes it very frustrating trying to take a look at something in the sim's inventory. I haven't noticed the same problem in something like the bookshelves or the refrigerator, only my sims' personal inventory. Is there anyone else experiencing the same thing, and if so, is there an easy fix? Thanks for any advice you can give me!!

Hello @MsMidnightWolf
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • TaroMochiTaroMochi Posts: 1 New Member
    Helloo, i have a problem. So i've wanted to download CC into my Sims 4 but i realised i don't have the "custom content and mod" option. I only have a "script mod" option. Can someone tell me why?? And also, my game version is 1.4.83.1010 , sounds old but yeah, someone pls help
    TaroMochi wrote: »
    Helloo, i have a problem. So i've wanted to download CC into my Sims 4 but i realised i don't have the "custom content and mod" option. I only have a "script mod" option. Can someone tell me why?? And also, my game version is 1.4.83.1010 , sounds old but yeah, someone pls help

Hello @TaroMochi
    Log into Origin, and right click on the sims 4 icon, and click on “check for updates”.Then after updating, try seeing if the custom content option box is there.
    > @rosemow said:
    > MsMidnightWolf wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I can't seem to find the bug I'm experiencing posted anywhere else, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. It's nothing game-breaking that doesn't allow me to play, but it's still pretty irritating. Whenever my sim has enough items in their inventory that I need to scroll down, the scroll bar keeps jumping to the top of the inventory, and it makes it very frustrating trying to take a look at something in the sim's inventory. I haven't noticed the same problem in something like the bookshelves or the refrigerator, only my sims' personal inventory. Is there anyone else experiencing the same thing, and if so, is there an easy fix? Thanks for any advice you can give me!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @MsMidnightWolf
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    > https: // sims4.crinrict.com /en /2014 /09 /delete-cache-files /

I've tried both of those options, and neither of them seemed to work. I'm afraid this might just be wonky game mechanic I'll have to put up with. Thanks for the advice, though!
    edited June 2018
    > @rosemow said:
    > MsMidnightWolf wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I can't seem to find the bug I'm experiencing posted anywhere else, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. It's nothing game-breaking that doesn't allow me to play, but it's still pretty irritating. Whenever my sim has enough items in their inventory that I need to scroll down, the scroll bar keeps jumping to the top of the inventory, and it makes it very frustrating trying to take a look at something in the sim's inventory. I haven't noticed the same problem in something like the bookshelves or the refrigerator, only my sims' personal inventory. Is there anyone else experiencing the same thing, and if so, is there an easy fix? Thanks for any advice you can give me!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @MsMidnightWolf
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    > https: // sims4.crinrict.com /en /2014 /09 /delete-cache-files /

I've tried both of those options, and neither of them seemed to work. I'm afraid this might just be wonky game mechanic I'll have to put up with. Thanks for the advice, though!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Changing to amother tab such as needs or Simology and then back again may help. Travelling to another lot and back after trying may help.
    Sometimes having a lot of items in the personal inventory can cause game issues. It can cause lagginess, and sometimes crashing. If you are fimding this occurring, it may be best to try and remove some of the items there and see if that helps.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • fcurtifcurti Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello!! Any simmers on a mac please help me out. I accidentally deleted my sims 4 folder and don't know how to get it back. I wanted to add some mods into my game :( thanks!!
    fcurti wrote: »
    Hello!! Any simmers on a mac please help me out. I accidentally deleted my sims 4 folder and don't know how to get it back. I wanted to add some mods into my game :( thanks!!

Hello
    I have posted on your message on my wall . It would be best to wait until a Mac simmer is on the forums next and will help you on the thread that you posted on in the Mac section of the forums or you could post on a thread in the Mac section on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac
    > @MsMidnightWolf said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > MsMidnightWolf wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello! I can't seem to find the bug I'm experiencing posted anywhere else, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. It's nothing game-breaking that doesn't allow me to play, but it's still pretty irritating. Whenever my sim has enough items in their inventory that I need to scroll down, the scroll bar keeps jumping to the top of the inventory, and it makes it very frustrating trying to take a look at something in the sim's inventory. I haven't noticed the same problem in something like the bookshelves or the refrigerator, only my sims' personal inventory. Is there anyone else experiencing the same thing, and if so, is there an easy fix? Thanks for any advice you can give me!!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @MsMidnightWolf
    > > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    > >
    > > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    > > https: // sims4.crinrict.com /en /2014 /09 /delete-cache-files /
    >
    > I've tried both of those options, and neither of them seemed to work. I'm afraid this might just be wonky game mechanic I'll have to put up with. Thanks for the advice, though!

Yeah, I've already decided I just need to keep my sim's inventory as empty as possible to help with the issue. Thanks again for all of yourgreat tips! I really appreciate it!
    > @MsMidnightWolf said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > MsMidnightWolf wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello! I can't seem to find the bug I'm experiencing posted anywhere else, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. It's nothing game-breaking that doesn't allow me to play, but it's still pretty irritating. Whenever my sim has enough items in their inventory that I need to scroll down, the scroll bar keeps jumping to the top of the inventory, and it makes it very frustrating trying to take a look at something in the sim's inventory. I haven't noticed the same problem in something like the bookshelves or the refrigerator, only my sims' personal inventory. Is there anyone else experiencing the same thing, and if so, is there an easy fix? Thanks for any advice you can give me!!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @MsMidnightWolf
    > > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    > >
    > > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    > > https: // sims4.crinrict.com /en /2014 /09 /delete-cache-files /
    >
    > I've tried both of those options, and neither of them seemed to work. I'm afraid this might just be wonky game mechanic I'll have to put up with. Thanks for the advice, though!

Yeah, I've already decided I just need to keep my sim's inventory as empty as possible to help with the issue. Thanks again for all of yourgreat tips! I really appreciate it!

You’re welcome :)
  • hiddencasthiddencast Posts: 24 Member
    SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD! OH MY! I have been googleing the HECK out of this issue and found NOTHING to resolve it. i hope someone here has some ideas!

ALSO SPOILERS BELLOW FOR GO ON ADVENTURE WITH DOG!

Ok, so, I have sims 4 and the cats and dogs pack.

I have a dog and an alien sim.
    my dog is adventurous.
    My sim and dog have gone to the lighthouse. we finished the story. (i think. after the guy jumped off and flew away we went back once more, and all we did was have my dog play with ghoast dog then we came home.)
    After that, we went to the fishermans warf (sorry cant spell it) And i let my dog jump in the water where we found a seal and my dog and the seal are now friends.
    I clicked to go on adventure again, and this time my sim left with the dog, time passed, the action cue moved so you can tell her action was complete, and they came home. I shrugged it off and went again. Same thing. no dialog no picking options. I thought maybe not every time do we get an interaction. So i sent my sim to eat, shower, then sleep. after sleep i tried yet again. Same thing. So i feed the dog, had the dog go poddy, made sure my needs were filled and tried again. SAME THING.

YES i restarted the game Dont ask. Its the first thing i did after attempting to try and ingame fix it.

Now that i have restarted and have full needs made my dog happy, i tried again.

Guess what

SAME THING

So....ideas....how can i fix this. I really want to find out about all the adventures.

thanks in advance :)
    hiddencast wrote: »
    SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD! OH MY! I have been googleing the HECK out of this issue and found NOTHING to resolve it. i hope someone here has some ideas!

ALSO SPOILERS BELLOW FOR GO ON ADVENTURE WITH DOG!

Ok, so, I have sims 4 and the cats and dogs pack.

I have a dog and an alien sim.
    my dog is adventurous.
    My sim and dog have gone to the lighthouse. we finished the story. (i think. after the guy jumped off and flew away we went back once more, and all we did was have my dog play with ghoast dog then we came home.)
    After that, we went to the fishermans warf (sorry cant spell it) And i let my dog jump in the water where we found a seal and my dog and the seal are now friends.
    I clicked to go on adventure again, and this time my sim left with the dog, time passed, the action cue moved so you can tell her action was complete, and they came home. I shrugged it off and went again. Same thing. no dialog no picking options. I thought maybe not every time do we get an interaction. So i sent my sim to eat, shower, then sleep. after sleep i tried yet again. Same thing. So i feed the dog, had the dog go poddy, made sure my needs were filled and tried again. SAME THING.

YES i restarted the game Dont ask. Its the first thing i did after attempting to try and ingame fix it.

Now that i have restarted and have full needs made my dog happy, i tried again.

Guess what

SAME THING

So....ideas....how can i fix this. I really want to find out about all the adventures.

thanks in advance :)

Hello @hiddencast
    I saw that you posted about this on a thread in the expansion pack section of the forums. Simmers there on that thread may be able to help you .
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/931297/a-question-about-dogs-with-the-adventurous-trait

SimTrippy also posted this about the adventures
    “ When you have an adventurous dog you can go on adventures with them. I've noticed that the stories in these adventures actually continue. It took me about 4-5 adventure trips with my dog to sort of "solve" the mystery of the lighthouse :D It's pretty fun, I hadn't noticed this until today! “
    You may like to post on the simmer’s activity wall your question, or send SimTrippy a pm when you become a full member.
  • hiddencasthiddencast Posts: 24 Member
    @rosemow thanks i sent them a message. hopefully they can help, if not maybe the other form as well, ill be sure to keep an eye on them and if i dont hear back from anyone within a few days ill post a new thread. now that i can xD lol
    edited June 2018
    hiddencast wrote: »
    @rosemow thanks i sent them a message. hopefully they can help, if not maybe the other form as well, ill be sure to keep an eye on them and if i dont hear back from anyone within a few days ill post a new thread. now that i can xD lol

You’re welcome :) If you do start a new thread, it would be best to post it in the Expansion Pack section of the forums.
  • NoelleLovesSummerNoelleLovesSummer Posts: 1 New Member
    Why is my sims 4 loading screen stuck? It won't let me go in my Families that I created! xD :(
    Why is my sims 4 loading screen stuck? It won't let me go in my Families that I created! xD :(

Hello @NoelleLovesSummer
    Try coming out of the game completely , shutting down your computer, restarting the game, logging into Origin and loading the game and see if the issues remain.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • im_tntim_tnt Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having an issue where the game's render distance isn't actually showing up as what it's supposed to be?
    My settings are at ULTRA, but the Render Distance is at short for some reason. I have no CC in, All packs. I'm currently attempting a repair to see if that helps. It's really weird :/