Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Custom Content Tracker For Mac????

I am dying right now because I have a mac and the only cc trackers are for windows. Im slow on the uptake with bootcamp and i cant find anyone who can help me. Im tired of deleting 200 items just to get rid of 12 messed up pants shirts and hair. Please please help me

Comments

• ZemnodZemnod Posts: 99 Member
    I agree, I'm hoping they will make it available for mac as well !
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Sorry, but unless you want to develop your own, you'll have to keep deleting CC manually. I've found that an easy way to do it is to color code what I put back in each time. I don't think anyone will put in the time to develop something strictly for the Mac side when we can use Windows as well.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • SimologySimology Posts: 58 Member
    Sorry, but unless you want to develop your own, you'll have to keep deleting CC manually. I've found that an easy way to do it is to color code what I put back in each time. I don't think anyone will put in the time to develop something strictly for the Mac side when we can use Windows as well.

Good call! I never thought to use the colour tagging to keep track of cc files that way but that's genius!
    I learned that a long time ago. :)
  • liaabrliaabr Posts: 3 New Member
    I know this is old, but did anyone actually do that? I have so many that I cannot fathom spending all of that time going through each mod to find the corrupt ones...
    Sorry, but if you know from which sites the mods come then you'll need to regularly check them for updates with each patch.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    People who create them do not update them most of the time Mods maybe but not CC.
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    It might only be me that took long to realise these things, but just in case; I have a few tips that hopefully might be useful for some:

1. You can organise your Mods folder with one level of subfolders to categorise content. For example, in my Mods folder I have another folder called 'hair' for my hairCCs, 'shoes' for shoesCCs 'build mode' for build mode stuff and so on. NOTE! Unfortunately you cannot make more folders within those (for example 'short hair', 'paintings' etc.), it will not show up in the game if you do.

2. Download a picture of the CC or Mod (there usually is one that will make you recognise) and give it the same name as the .package file. It does take a bit more time and attention when downloading, but I have found it extremely useful when deleting CC I don't really like or use.

:blush:
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    I really miss that Edit post-button. Anyways, just realised keeping pictures in the Mods folder might slow down the game???
    I didn't really start using CCs until quite recently, and I honestly can't tell the difference though. Then again, I really try not to overstuff on CC (bad experiences) so the story might be different for those who don't have problems with much CC.
    With my experiences from Sims 2, I really had/have a lot of CC from the old days. And yes, too much will either crash or cause your game not to run at all. With Sims 3, it is most Store content with very little CC, but the game runs smoothly (ok yes I have NRAAS help).
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    For Macs it shouldn't be too hard to actually change the .package icon, like, right click Get Info. I used to organize CC into subfolders by type > creator. Then I tried tags. It all got too confusing and I decided it was too much trouble and gave up lool.

Being perfectly honestly tho, I don't think mod management is all that good on Windows either. I tried it, but it still got pretty messy.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    The easiest and quickest way to check for updates is to copy and paste the URL of the CC/Mod page into the comments section of the file (select the file and press CMD and the letter i). Then you can just copy and paste it back into a browser for quick access.

You also want to get rid of all characters from file names, for example [, ], &, _ etc...
    apple-signature.png
  • thatkidCuriothatkidCurio Posts: 12 New Member
    In addition to organizing your folders, the Sims 4 Tray Importer can be used with MACs. You just have to install the Windows Framework file first. luniversims has the full info on their site as well as instillation instructions.

Once installed you can view your households and lots to see what CC they contain and it tells you the file location. I create households and load them up with broken or unwanted CC and it's much easier to find and delete than trying to remember all the names.
  • tsadrama05tsadrama05 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I recently got a MacBook Air and I had a Windows before this computer, I downloaded CC but it won't show up in the game no matter what CC I download?? can somebody help me get it to show up in my game?
    Did you check the "Show Mods/CC" button in the Game Options?