Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited July 2021
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Looking for a mod that prevents the existence of townies under the age of teen.

Either is prevents the game from making them, or it auto-ages them the moment they're made to teen or young adult (I don't care which, just as long as they're at least teens), or even if it just outright deletes them.

I think you can try to use MC Command Center to prevents the game from making them. But you must delete the existing pre-teens first
    I use that mod to stop generate any new townies or prevent them from making new babies

Frustratingly I've tried everything I can think of with MCCC but every few days the game makes and then keeps another pile of kids.

I don't want to turn off townie generation, just remove / prevent anything younger than a teen.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member

Frustratingly I've tried everything I can think of with MCCC but every few days the game makes and then keeps another pile of kids.

I don't want to turn off townie generation, just remove / prevent anything younger than a teen.

I used: MC Population > Population Settings > Toddler Percentage/Children Percentage> (set to) 0
    And it has been working for me
    Is it not working at your game?
    Does anyone know a mod that we can put our own red text title above the sims name?

That red text above like "Village Mayor"/"Mail Carrier"/"DJ"/ or every other NPC for example
    There's not an individual mod, but the Royalty Mod has custom titles you can edit.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/royalty-mod-2-6-48723623

Thanks
    I used that mod before, but it seems to be not working for me now, the titles are missing in my game
    I'm also hoping if there is a simpler mod or specifically build to do that

I found this thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960240/add-custom-titles-to-certain-sims
    And SimGuruTwoLegs generously gave an insight
    But unfortunately, I do not know how to do modding :'(
    I tried to duplicate the "Conspiracy Theorist" red text or trait, but it makes the Curio Shop Owner not spawning instead :D
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2021
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a mod to stop the skating rinks from autonomously spawning in the worlds? I hate seeing skating rinks all over. They are always is the oddest places. I have a lot with a rink. I don't want rinks in the parking lots and in the woods.

Can’t stop them from spawning, but sure as fire can delete them: https://patreon.com/posts/fix-destroy-26404031
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Does anyone know a mod that we can put our own red text title above the sims name?

That red text above like "Village Mayor"/"Mail Carrier"/"DJ"/ or every other NPC for example
    There's not an individual mod, but the Royalty Mod has custom titles you can edit.

Thanks
    I used that mod before, but it seems to be not working for me now, the titles are missing in my game

I found this thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960240/add-custom-titles-to-certain-sims
    I tried to duplicate the "Conspiracy Theorist" red text or trait, but it makes the Curio Shop Owner not spawning instead :D
    Titles have been moved to a book called The Book of Bestowing, which you can find in buy mode. Make sure to check the Royalty Mod pages for more info and make sure you have the latest update, as well as clearing your localthumbcache.
    edited July 2021

Thanks

I found this thread:
    Titles have been moved to a book called The Book of Bestowing, which you can find in buy mode. Make sure to check the Royalty Mod pages for more info and make sure you have the latest update, as well as clearing your localthumbcache.

Have done it all. But the red text of Noble Title / Advisor / Court Wizard is missing
    I also hope that we can give the red text to a pet. I want to give the red text title to Mayor Whiskers
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a mod to stop the skating rinks from autonomously spawning in the worlds? I hate seeing skating rinks all over. They are always is the oddest places. I have a lot with a rink. I don't want rinks in the parking lots and in the woods.

Can’t stop them from spawning, but sure as fire can delete them: https://patreon.com/posts/fix-destroy-26404031

Thank you!
    Looking for a mod that lets me makes clubs that require a member to have a cat or have a dog. To be able to filter by either of these. I want to make a club for sims who have cats but don't have dogs, and vice versa.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    edited July 2021

I used: MC Population > Population Settings > Toddler Percentage/Children Percentage> (set to) 0
    And it has been working for me
    Is it not working at your game?

Yeah I've got those set to 0 and I still get children townies showing up every time the game makes a new batch of townies.
  • jjaydidjjaydid Posts: 1 New Member
    hey, can i request a mod similar to that of the vampire mod but for DID (dissociative identity disorder) where instead of different forms, you can add different alters and set up their traits and two outfits. and if you can, is it possible to make them switch out with each other at random times.
    jjaydid wrote: »
    hey, can i request a mod similar to that of the vampire mod but for DID (dissociative identity disorder) where instead of different forms, you can add different alters and set up their traits and two outfits. and if you can, is it possible to make them switch out with each other at random times.

That's a cool idea. Hope someone make this
  • RayeGunnRayeGunn Posts: 3 New Member
    This is a probably a simple mod, so it may already exist, but i just haven't been able to find it, but I would love a mod to disable autonomous mischief interactions if the sim is like level 2 mischief or below. I know you can disable mischief interactions entirely with MCCC, but I don't want to disable it ENTIRELY. I have some sims I WANT to be mischievous, I just don't want them ALL to use those interactions autonomously, only the ones i consciously choose to have level up the skill. Alternately, if that's not possible, just disabling the level 2 and below interactions (and Dare to Streak) from being autonomous, so it;s not possible for sims to unlock the skill autonomously.
  • Idonthaveaname42Idonthaveaname42 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is there a mod that can make moodlets give like 10x the effect? So when like a sim gets an angry moodlet it will immediately make them enraged and have a chance to kill them. I like killing sims. I searched for hours but could not find any mods that do this so if anyone knows about a mod that does this can you please show me, and if there isn't then that could be a mod if anyone would do that.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Is there a mod that can make moodlets give like 10x the effect? So when like a sim gets an angry moodlet it will immediately make them enraged and have a chance to kill them. I like killing sims. I searched for hours but could not find any mods that do this so if anyone knows about a mod that does this can you please show me, and if there isn't then that could be a mod if anyone would do that.

Do you play with Meaningful Stories by Roburky? I don't know if it would amplify the moodlets that much, but it definitely increases the weight of the more negative moodlets so that Sims aren't just automatically "happy" all the time. I don't feel that I need it for my playstyle but a lot of people really love it.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by Ziafar on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can someone direct me to a mod that stops the "brackish water" moodlet when you play on a lot with the Off-The-Grid trait? It's upsetting me and my homies.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can someone direct me to a mod that stops the "brackish water" moodlet when you play on a lot with the Off-The-Grid trait? It's upsetting me and my homies.

If you shift-click on a Sim and open up the cheats, under cheat sim info, you can just remove moodlets. Would that work or would it keep coming back?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

If you shift-click on a Sim and open up the cheats, under cheat sim info, you can just remove moodlets. Would that work or would it keep coming back?

The moodlets are supposed to appear by design apparently when you use water if you have the Off-The-Grid lot trait enabled. But it of course makes my Sim uncomfortable which is the annoying part.

I remember downloading a mod that stopped the uncomfortable moodlets you get from the Off-The-Grid lot trait but I guess I deleted it at some point. There are a few uncomfortable moodlets that appear so having to click to disable them each time would be a nuisance.
    I'm a fan of Zero Mod. Does anyone know how to contact him/her or speak on my behalf?
    I want to suggest making the Assign NPC Role mod available for Teens too

That mod is recommended as an NPCC substitute
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I would love a mod that you had to use the llama wool for knitting or cross stitching. Kind of like the simple living lot challenge.
  • PositivelySimfulPositivelySimful Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello :)
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of mods like these. If not, modders please feel free to run with any idea that inspires you lol. I have mod ideas but I'm in my 50s and I am not computer savvy. I can barely install mods correctly, let alone make them. Hats off to modders, the games would be so boring without them for me.

Anyway, what I hope to find, if they exist:

- a mod to make engagements/weddings more interesting... maybe have moodlets making bride/groom excited or nervous, interactions to talk about upcoming wedding. Maybe a reception event that's got better socials than the game's wedding social event, maybe people give toasts, gifts, maybe parents who don't like their kid's spouse-to-be gets mad/cry/be mean? Maybe an ex in attendance cries, lol. Again, IDK, just something. I love wedding time for my sims but they get so routine, I just want mods that make them more involved and fun.

- a mod to make partners more involved with pregnancy, aside from just going into pre-parental panics. Seems like pregnancy mods are focused on the pregnant one. But it'd be nice to have partners who are not pregnant act like they also care and are involved. Do things like announce pregnancy, get excited or worried moodlets, talk about the baby, offer to massage pregnant parent, pass out cigars or something-- idk. Maybe even stick around to watch the birth and go to the baby after it's born instead of just going to sleep or play games when their baby is being born? Haha maybe the birthing sim can get mad if their partner did that, lol.

- adoption mods where potential parents can discuss adopting, decide together on age, gender, etc. Maybe make the whole process more interesting like having a social worker interview or questionnaire come in the mail, a waiting period of a day or two, have someone drop off the child the way someone drops off pets, etc. Again, I'm open to just something new/more involved in this area.

- mods that let you interact better with hired sims like caterers or bartenders at events-- like telling them get back to work when they join the party, or telling them what you want them to cook for an event... firing them and refusing to pay when they are useless, lol. I'd like them to do their jobs but if they don't I wanna complain, punish them, get my money back, etc... lol.

- also are there any quick fix mods out for some of the recent packs to stop them from sniffing rooms every five seconds with the dust kit? Or for the decorator kit is there a mod to stop sims from stopping what they're doing (or getting out of bed in the middle of the night) to walk across the house and get excited about a certain furnishing they have? lol. These kinds of animations it seems the game programmers had a cute idea, but they happen way too often and they just get old so fast.

So if anyone knows of mods like these please let me know.

Or if you have any really good mods for involved gameplay, feel free to recommend. I have most of the popular ones like MCCC, UI cheats, SOL, Roburky, etc, LittleMsSams and PolarbearSims have some great mods I love, I've been getting into Limpinou's mods lately, and sometimes I use some mods that cannot be named for fun & excitement. I like mods that just enrich gameplay and make sims interactions with each other seem more meaningful and less random, and preferably for more in-depth gameplay.

Sorry if this is too much all at once but thank you for any help.
    edited July 2021
    Hello :)
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of mods like these. If not, modders please feel free to run with any idea that inspires you lol. I have mod ideas but I'm in my 50s and I am not computer savvy. I can barely install mods correctly, let alone make them. Hats off to modders, the games would be so boring without them for me.

Anyway, what I hope to find, if they exist:

- a mod to make engagements/weddings more interesting... maybe have moodlets making bride/groom excited or nervous, interactions to talk about upcoming wedding. Maybe a reception event that's got better socials than the game's wedding social event, maybe people give toasts, gifts, maybe parents who don't like their kid's spouse-to-be gets mad/cry/be mean? Maybe an ex in attendance cries, lol. Again, IDK, just something. I love wedding time for my sims but they get so routine, I just want mods that make them more involved and fun.

- a mod to make partners more involved with pregnancy, aside from just going into pre-parental panics. Seems like pregnancy mods are focused on the pregnant one. But it'd be nice to have partners who are not pregnant act like they also care and are involved. Do things like announce pregnancy, get excited or worried moodlets, talk about the baby, offer to massage pregnant parent, pass out cigars or something-- idk. Maybe even stick around to watch the birth and go to the baby after it's born instead of just going to sleep or play games when their baby is being born? Haha maybe the birthing sim can get mad if their partner did that, lol.

- adoption mods where potential parents can discuss adopting, decide together on age, gender, etc. Maybe make the whole process more interesting like having a social worker interview or questionnaire come in the mail, a waiting period of a day or two, have someone drop off the child the way someone drops off pets, etc. Again, I'm open to just something new/more involved in this area.

- mods that let you interact better with hired sims like caterers or bartenders at events-- like telling them get back to work when they join the party, or telling them what you want them to cook for an event... firing them and refusing to pay when they are useless, lol. I'd like them to do their jobs but if they don't I wanna complain, punish them, get my money back, etc... lol.

- also are there any quick fix mods out for some of the recent packs to stop them from sniffing rooms every five seconds with the dust kit? Or for the decorator kit is there a mod to stop sims from stopping what they're doing (or getting out of bed in the middle of the night) to walk across the house and get excited about a certain furnishing they have? lol. These kinds of animations it seems the game programmers had a cute idea, but they happen way too often and they just get old so fast.

So if anyone knows of mods like these please let me know.

Or if you have any really good mods for involved gameplay, feel free to recommend. I have most of the popular ones like MCCC, UI cheats, SOL, Roburky, etc, LittleMsSams and PolarbearSims have some great mods I love, I've been getting into Limpinou's mods lately, and sometimes I use some mods that cannot be named for fun & excitement. I like mods that just enrich gameplay and make sims interactions with each other seem more meaningful and less random, and preferably for more in-depth gameplay.

Sorry if this is too much all at once but thank you for any help.

I saw on Caradriel's patreon that some kind of wedding mod is in the works now, sounds like possible September release. I have no idea WHAT it does to weddings, but I feel like anything would help haha.

You mentioned Lumpinou - are you using Contextual Social Interactions? That offers a lot more specific interactions that are similar to some of the ones above - for example, pregnant couples can discuss baby names, Sims can tell each other about promotions, abductions etc.

Edited to add: Kawaii Stacie's Memorable Events has a lot of fun event types, such as throwing a baby shower or introducing partner to family. Those help a lot.
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    is there a mod or can one be made that stops the fact that Sims randomly wake up to go clap at decor they like. I find it kind of annoying.
    Can someone create a mod that lets you purchase the animal upgrade parts from your computer like the other upgrade parts?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why has no one made a mod to open up all of the police and doctor career interactions to play in our builds for fun? Really wanted to interrogate sims....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(