Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Won't Show Up! Help!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2017
    mfmiggins wrote: »
    thank you for the link but every thing is .raw or .zip and I can not use them

Hello
    Are you playing on windows or Mac ?
    If you are playing on windows, 7zip is a free program that can be used to extract files from .raw files
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    Windows has a built in unzipping ability to unzip zip folders, when you right click the file.
  • Options
    MattyBMattyB Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I am having a similar problem. I deleted my mods folder but a new one was not generated.
  • Options
    MattyB wrote: »
    Hi I am having a similar problem. I deleted my mods folder but a new one was not generated.

Try playing the game for a little while , then come out of the game without saving. Then see if the new mods folder had been generated then,
  • Options
    m3d8m3d8 Posts: 5 New Member
    i downloaded mods but i needed to delete them and get brand new different ones, but the old ones are still showing up in the game even though i deleted them and got new ones. Can someone help me please i can't figure out how to fix it.
  • Options
    m3d8 wrote: »
    i downloaded mods but i needed to delete them and get brand new different ones, but the old ones are still showing up in the game even though i deleted them and got new ones. Can someone help me please i can't figure out how to fix it.

Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > m3d8 wrote: » I took the sims 4 folder out and put it on my desktop and when i opened the sims 4 again all of the old mods still popped up and when i exited the sims i was unable to find the new sims 4 folder if there was even one at all.
    >
    > i downloaded mods but i needed to delete them and get brand new different ones, but the old ones are still showing up in the game even though i deleted them and got new ones. Can someone help me please i can't figure out how to fix it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > m3d8 wrote: » I took the sims 4 folder out and put it on my desktop and when i opened the sims 4 again all of the old mods still popped up and when i exited the sims i was unable to find the new sims 4 folder if there was even one at all.
    >
    > i downloaded mods but i needed to delete them and get brand new different ones, but the old ones are still showing up in the game even though i deleted them and got new ones. Can someone help me please i can't figure out how to fix it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

Hello @m3d8
    Are you using One Drive ? Using that can cause issues, If you are, it would be best to unsync Sims 4 and One Drive, so that it doesn't make back up copies of the sims 4 folder. The game may be trying to use the One Drive Sims 4 back up copy, instead of the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4.folder. The old mods would then still be in that mods folder.
    Try checking to see if there is a back up copy of the sims 4 folder in One Drive, in case the game is trying to use that one.
  • Options
    @rosemow what is one drive
  • Options
    @rosemow what is one drive

One Drive is a cloud storage program. It is where you can store backup copies of files. It sounds though that if you were unaware of it, then it isn't the cause of this issue, because you wouldn't be using it.

It sounds like there is another sims 4 folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4.folder.
    Try searching in the computer search bar for " tray " or " saves" or " screenshots" ( these are folders within the sims 4 folder ) to try to see if you can locate where the other sims 4 folder is. Your old mods would still be in that sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    They all go back to the one sims 4 folder and no extra is showing up, when i click on the mods folder all of the new mods are there.
  • Options
    @rosemow I got it to work. for some reason i have like a million different document folders and the extra file was in there! Thank you!
  • Options
    @rosemow I got it to work. for some reason i have like a million different document folders and the extra file was in there! Thank you!

I am glad that the issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    TheRubySimmerTheRubySimmer Posts: 24 Member
    Have you downloaded any mods, not CC? Sometimes the mods clash with the CC and they don't work.
    Also, is the CC compatible with the new update?
  • Options
    SamillianSamillian Posts: 1 New Member
    so i have over 1000 mods and i was down loading more and they show up in my custom content list but when i play the game they dont work but all the ones i downloaded before still work. i have tried uninstaling and reinstalling the game. removing mods loanding game and then putting them bavk and reloaneding. taking out new ones adding one at a time to see if they would work and they wont i really need help if anyone has any advice
  • Options
    Samillian wrote: »
    so i have over 1000 mods and i was down loading more and they show up in my custom content list but when i play the game they dont work but all the ones i downloaded before still work. i have tried uninstaling and reinstalling the game. removing mods loanding game and then putting them bavk and reloaneding. taking out new ones adding one at a time to see if they would work and they wont i really need help if anyone has any advice

Hello @Samillian
    The new mods that you have downloaded may be broken. They may not work with the current game version. Try downloading a cc item from another web site and see if that cc item works in your game.
  • Options
    LittleSimTuberLittleSimTuber Posts: 26 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Luke_heasley12 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello , I have recently started installing custom content and I have winrar and it allows me to download custom content easily and put it in my mods folder but when I go on the game the only files that come up are my package files that I download there are no zip files or rar files. please help thanks
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I will repost here what I wrote on the other thread
    >
    > Cc items such as clothing, hair and build/buy mode items come as package files. They need to be placed into the mods folder.
    > Sometimes these package files come inside zip files or rar files. Zip and rar files need to have the package files extracted out of them and the package files placed into the mods folder. Items that remain still in the zip or rar files will not show up in your game. They will need to be extracted out of them first. By right clicking the zip or rar files, you can extract out the package files.
    >
    > These links explain about cc and mods
    > http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
    > http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_4_Package_Files
    > http://sims-online.com/install-mods-custom-content-sims-4-tutorial/

Hey I know I'm slightly off topic but I've been working on 2 cc lots in my game in Oasis Springs and been saving. I go back in my game to see that both those lots have been replaced with the maxis lots and they're not in my gallery not even in the cc category:(
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Luke_heasley12 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello , I have recently started installing custom content and I have winrar and it allows me to download custom content easily and put it in my mods folder but when I go on the game the only files that come up are my package files that I download there are no zip files or rar files. please help thanks
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I will repost here what I wrote on the other thread
    >
    > Cc items such as clothing, hair and build/buy mode items come as package files. They need to be placed into the mods folder.
    > Sometimes these package files come inside zip files or rar files. Zip and rar files need to have the package files extracted out of them and the package files placed into the mods folder. Items that remain still in the zip or rar files will not show up in your game. They will need to be extracted out of them first. By right clicking the zip or rar files, you can extract out the package files.
    >
    > These links explain about cc and mods
    > http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
    > http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_4_Package_Files
    > http://sims-online.com/install-mods-custom-content-sims-4-tutorial/

Hey I know I'm slightly off topic but I've been working on 2 cc lots in my game in Oasis Springs and been saving. I go back in my game to see that both those lots have been replaced with the maxis lots and they're not in my gallery not even in the cc category:(

Hello @LittleSimTuber
    When building on a lot, before you come out of the game, go to a lot that has a sims household on it, and save the game there. Then when you next go into the game your builds should be as you left them when exiting the game.
    For builds to appear in your library , you need to save the builds to your library whilst you are in build mode. There is a save button on the top middle section of the screen.
  • Options
    Yes I've saved the builds and been working on them for days even played them.. I even had a sim visit there but now it shows she's visiting the "old lot" which is a house in lstead of my community lot I've built there
  • Options
    Yes I've saved the builds and been working on them for days even played them.. I even had a sim visit there but now it shows she's visiting the "old lot" which is a house in lstead of my community lot I've built there

You can try going back to an earlier version of your save game, and see if you can recover your builds that you have been working on .Go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the lot is in that save game.
    With your build not being in your library, even though you saved it to your library, make sure that the " include custom content" filter is still ticked in the advanced section of the gallery filter.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > LittleSimTuber wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Luke_heasley12 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello , I have recently started installing custom content and I have winrar and it allows me to download custom content easily and put it in my mods folder but when I go on the game the only files that come up are my package files that I download there are no zip files or rar files. please help thanks
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > I will repost here what I wrote on the other thread
    > >
    > > Cc items such as clothing, hair and build/buy mode items come as package files. They need to be placed into the mods folder.
    > > Sometimes these package files come inside zip files or rar files. Zip and rar files need to have the package files extracted out of them and the package files placed into the mods folder. Items that remain still in the zip or rar files will not show up in your game. They will need to be extracted out of them first. By right clicking the zip or rar files, you can extract out the package files.
    > >
    > > These links explain about cc and mods
    > > http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
    > > http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_4_Package_Files
    > > http://sims-online.com/install-mods-custom-content-sims-4-tutorial/
    >
    > Hey I know I'm slightly off topic but I've been working on 2 cc lots in my game in Oasis Springs and been saving. I go back in my game to see that both those lots have been replaced with the maxis lots and they're not in my gallery not even in the cc category:(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @LittleSimTuber
    > When building on a lot, before you come out of the game, go to a lot that has a sims household on it, and save the game there. Then when you next go into the game your builds should be as you left them when exiting the game.
    > For builds to appear in your library , you need to save the builds to your library whilst you are in build mode. There is a save button on the top middle section of the screen.

• Options
    Omg thank you baby! It's so true what everyone says you're a friggin LIFE SAVER ROSE I LOVE YOU
  • Options
  • Options
    VisenyaDaisyVisenyaDaisy Posts: 18 New Member
    > @Luke_heasley12 said:

you have to take the .package files out of the .zip and place them in the mods folder. the game can only recognise .package files, and they still work fine in regular subfolders, but .zip folders are locked and compressed, so you need to take the .package files out of them in order for the game to access them.
  • Options
    Kiara_kittenKiara_kitten Posts: 52 Member
    This is probably not useful, but, first make sure they are at least in the folder. Then you need to go into the settings in the start menu of sims 4. There will be a list down the side, and then click on the advanced options. Make sure that the box that says enable Mods and Custon content is ticked.

I know this just looks like repeatition, but i just want to try be helpful!

Good luck, and remember:
    Don't waste your time, dawdling on a certain thing,
    Spread your gaze, and look at the bigger picture,
    Or your thoughts just puddle like ink, and ruin your work
    (Tryin' to do an inspirational quote thing, plz give thoughts)