Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member

They are so cute together ..... I cannot bear the idea that they are siblings :'(
    It is sad, but unfortunately also true that the children will always pay for their parents' sins and mistakes.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited August 2019
    They are so cute together ..... I cannot bear the idea that they are siblings :'(
    It is sad, but unfortunately also true that the children will always pay for their parents' sins and mistakes.

The sins of parents can run deep. So true.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @MonaSolstraale @AudreyFld It’s so true, unfortunately! Especially in this current gen... Xander and Ember are both paying the price right now, and it’s not even their faults :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Waiting for Tuesday to see if they take a test on their own and then of course we will have to wait again for the results! :s Just keep dragging this out don't you @CitizenErased14! >:) Are you having fun? I'm sure you are, I am too! :)
    Haha @haswh hey, maybe I’ll be nice this time and stop dragging it!

But, uh...

Yeah, this is fun :joy::naughty:
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 It the slow torture of waiting for the delicious meal when your ravenously hangry! :p
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    This whole thing is like a scene from Joe Dirt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6T6veL5zWM

And at this point gen 9 will be paying for Emberlynn being the (likely) sister/wife of Xander >:)
    Ha! @haswh Hopefully I won’t leave you all hangry for too much longer? Hehe

@VanPelt81 OMG... especially that ending :joy: Poor Xander and Ember :grimace:
    snvAF3B.png
    The Legend of Dirty Joe :joy::joy::joy: .... not my sister! ... yes my sister.... Not my sister ... yes my sister.
    Today Emberlynn and Xander finally get some official answers... but are they the answers they were hoping for? :grimace:

8.49: Zero Percent
    HCpom66.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I always thought Gigi had lied. Poor Emberlynn. Her world has just been turned upside down. I can't imagine what it would be like to find out you are not who you thought you were.
    I really hope their love is strong enough because no matter what their DNA, they need each other.
    @suzanna13
    Yes, this is going to be really earth-shattering for poor Ember! :bawling: The next chapter picks up where this one left off, but the one after it is a journal where we can see Emberlynn struggling with something of an identity crisis. Poor kid :(
    Yes, they do need each other right now, I think! Hopefully they can support one another through this :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Honestly I always hated Gigi, but now she is practically dead to me. For the love of the watcher, please Phoenix, file for a divorce :o Poor Ember, but at least she can be with Xander... If Ember even is able to be happy now, which I really hope. This is all so messed up.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I mean everything seems f'ed up right now, but my prediction is that Xander and Emberlynn will stay together.

You wanna know why?

Since Emberlynn is not the daughter of Phoenix, she can't be the heir anymore. This means either Xander and Emberlynn stay together, or Tristan becomes the new heir.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Kudos to you @CitizenErased14!! :)o:)>:)
    You pulled off an amazing switch-a-roo!! I feel so bad for Phoenix and Emberlynn not to mention how Xander is going to feel too. :( Phoenix lost his daughter and gained a son. Is gaining a son good or not?? Emberlynn doesn't even know who her Father is anymore. I do think she will eventually look for him though. I do think that Phoenix will remain her constant as he really has been her Dad all these years! I think the dynamic with Gigi is going to drastically change with everyone! She is going out for real this time!! Can't say that I'm sorry about that at all. You know how I have felt about her for a very long time. Goodbye and good riddance! Poor Tristan though this will be difficult for him too!

I know I will have a lot more to say about this down the line! Thanks for the deliciousness of this Gen!! I have loved every minute of it! I know it's not over but this was perfect so far! :)<3
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Wow!
    There's no way that their relationships with Gigi can recover after this. Emberlynn just found out her mom cheated (not just her dad), and then lied about doing the test, so now her world is totally upside down. Poor Phoenix has suffered through that sham of a marriage for no reason now, and I should hope he finds happiness going forward.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member

Exciting! There are still many possible exits to this drama :#<3
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    :o
    Wel that's a wagonload of manure in front of an industrial sized fan! Talk about pulling the rug! Poor Roosebrooks.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Whoa...I can honestly say I did not see that one coming.
    Honestly, I think the saddest thing about it is that absolutely none of this is Emberlynn's fault. And really, very little of it is Phoenix's fault either. Phoenix made a mistake, but then tried to do the right thing. He stayed in a marriage that was clearly on the rocks because it would be better for their child. He even reached out to Lola after finding out she was pregnant on the off chance that her baby might have been his. And at every step along the way, he was lied to. (Random thought-I know people must be clamoring for a Phoenix-narrated chapter but...I honestly want to see what Harper has to say about all this. She's still around, right?)

As far as the whole, legacy-heir thing goes... maybe Xander and Emberlynn will have a set of boy/girl twins for gen. 9 who can bring us home and even this whole thing out.

Still, though, I don't really think that Phoenix is losing a daughter here. Emberlynn may not genetically be his child, but regardless of Emberlynn's DNA he still raised her. In the slightly paraphrased words of Yondu...he may not have been her father, but he was her daddy.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
    Man, you guys :joy: My thread hasn’t been this active in a long time... and I love it :heart: Thank you for all these comments! And for reading! You’re all awesome :blush:

@YJB19299
    I can’t entirely blame you for seeing Gigi as being dead to you now :grimace: This was a HUGE lie, which is going to effect everyone :bawling: And you’re right that at least this means Ember and Xander can be together... if things do work out for them and they end up having the gen 9 heir, that totally means things worked themselves out, right? :tongue: Hehe thank you for your comments, and for reading this mess! :heart:

@haswh
    I love that this gen is “delicious” hehe :naughty: I’m glad you’re loving it! :heart:

I think you’re right about the dynamic with Gigi is what will really change... No matter what, Phoenix raised Emberlynn. She loves him so much, and that isn’t going to change. But Gigi’s lies, well... You’re right that that’s going to change things with pretty much everybody...

@SeaDragonSong
    I hope he finds happiness too :bawling: He deserves it after what I (and Gigi!) have put him through! And you are so right — this has completely turned Ember’s world upside down. It won’t be easy to come back from this :bawling:

@MonaSolstraale I’m glad you’re enjoying it! And you're right... There are many possibilities for what will happen from here!

@Sassie
    Thank you for that image omg :joy: And yeah... I’d say that describes things pretty well right now :grimace: I was mean and pulled the rug and now they’re all face-first in the manure :scream: I’m evil... :naughty:

@purplestarz2006
    OMG that Yondu quote is perfection! (I love GotG!) and it’s so true. His relationship with Emberlynn probably wont’ change much from this. He raised her and loves her and that’s not gonna change.

Her relationship with Gigi though... :grimace: THAT will probably change quite a bit...

And you’re so right about both Ember and Phoenix being pretty innocent in all this! I mean, him cheating on Gigi wasn’t right, no matter what she did BUT yes — he did everything he could to make things right, and what did he get out of it? 20+ years of lies :bawling: Poor dude... I’m so mean!
    snvAF3B.png
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I knew Gigi's test was dodgy!! I'm so happy Ember and Xander can be together tho! I just hope Ember will be able to still believe in their love because this will definitely destroy her bless her :'(
    Bravo! >:)
    This is somehow a bigger mess than being related! :scream:
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    With the results of this, does this mean that Emberlynn can bur the journal and end the Rosebrook Curse?
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Would it really be the Rosebrook family if it wasn't even messier than before :D
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Would it really be the Rosebrook family if it wasn't even messier than before :D

Sooo true! Lol....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top