Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Won't Load Saved Games; Loads As If I've Never Played

I'm not sure what is going on; I can see two EA folders; I've only had one initially but when I go to play my game, it loads as if I have never played. Tutorials and everything pops up. I moved that entire folder to the trash and kept the one that had all of my saved games but even then it still loads as if it is new. I'm not too worried about downloaded/cc that stuff can be downloaded again but I just want to know what happened and/or how to fix it. I've played for 247 hours so for it to load as a brand new game is weird.

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited December 2015
    Here's the best thing to do. Move your Current Sims 4 folder to your desktop. Don't worry, your saved games should be save and if you want to you can rename this folder to something else (Like Sims 4 Backup). Next restart the game and allow it to generate a new Sims 4 folder. Start a new game and play for a little bit to just make sure the game is working. Then once you have established everything is ok, move your Mods and CC and your saved games (Saves folder) from the Backup folder into the new Sims 4 in Documents and start your game again. Everything should be there.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • AnnabelDiamondAnnabelDiamond Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried this and it didn't work is there another thing I can do to get my saved games back?
    It all deleted when I downloaded City Living?
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    > @AnnabelDiamond said:
    > I tried this and it didn't work is there another thing I can do to get my saved games back?
    > It all deleted when I downloaded City Living?
    >

I had the same problem after crash. This tutorial helped me https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/