Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Nice Surprise (December Patch)

I know some of you will probably come in here and say "you could have used cheats or mods", but that's not the point of this thread. I want to give the gurus a big thank you for a little surprise that came with this patch. During the past few hours, I redesigned a modern home I made (Modern Pebble Burrow) so I could upload it for y'all. While working on the kitchen I noticed something different. The career rewards were unlocked. :)

For a long time, I wanted to build a modern kitchen using the stainless steel counter tops from the Culinary career, the cabinets from Spa Day, and the decor items from Cool Kitchen Stuff. Normally, I would have to get one of my Sims in the Culinary career or get Summer Holiday into my household early in the game. Not anymore. I can now make a modern kitchen to my liking in Build/Buy mode anytime I want.

I just wanted the gurus to know I really appreciate what they did for us. Thanks! <3
"That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee

Comments

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    My career rewards are still locked, and I've installed the patch... I use cheats to unlock them though instead of going through the game play stuff.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Mine are locked too.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Mine were unlocked too! I was like yeah!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    They aren't unlocked lol. The game may just remember what you've previously unlocked in that save.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    It would be so boring if they were unlocked
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I wish they were unlocked
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Mine aren't unlocked either. I don't mind it either way though..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    My career dependent items aren't unlocked, BUT I do see tons and tons of awesome features that previously were only accessible under debug mode! I can now lay steampunk pipes at will without accessing cheats, which is FREAKING AWESOME! I'm super thrilled about that, because honestly, I saw no reason for those building objects to be hidden. It just seemed silly. Useable objects like the Medical Treadmill are placeable now, as well as decorative things like the huge Grimy Times Crime Map you always saw in the detective office.

I appreciate this SO MUCH, and while I could access it with cheats, I rarely ever did b/c it was tedious and a pain in the sim bootie. I agree with ya OP, it is pretty awesome and very much appreciated!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't know if it was always this way, but I think OP is talking about going into build mode on an empty lot ... that's when you enter "free build mode". I don't know if it was always like that, since I always build homes with current households and use whatever funds they have.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited December 2015
    I can get the Get To Work career items on my sims house lot, for some reason. Like the big board at the police department and the treadmill from the doctor career amongst other things... LOL?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Luke wrote: »
    I don't know if it was always this way, but I think OP is talking about going into build mode on an empty lot ... that's when you enter "free build mode". I don't know if it was always like that, since I always build homes with current households and use whatever funds they have.

I think so too -- I was surprised when I was making my new museum that I didn't have to enter the unlock code to access the high quality easels or the paintings that are one of the rewards for Tech Guru.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Sorry I was offline, but I started a new game after I installed the patch. I place a Sim on Dusty Turf, and then started building on the Pebble Burrow lot. Maybe it's the new game I started that had something to do with it? I didn't use any cheats or mods either.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    My career dependent items aren't unlocked, BUT I do see tons and tons of awesome features that previously were only accessible under debug mode! I can now lay steampunk pipes at will without accessing cheats...

Hmmm, I am noticing this too about the debug items. I think the cheat was bb.showhiddenobjects, then you would type debug in the catalog search bar. But I didn't have to do this now, and they were all just showing up. :o Gah, I hope this is not a glitch that Maxis will have to "fix."

However, my career reward objects are all still locked.

• TwinsmamaTwinsmama Posts: 76 Member
    The career rewards are unlocked when you're building or furnishing a house no sim is living in but they are still locked in houses that have sims living in them... :)
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Why is it unlocked for some and locked for others?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    It would be so boring if they were unlocked

Agreed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    As far as I know nothing is unlocked except for the items I unlocked myself.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Holiday free pack though :)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Why is it unlocked for some and locked for others?

@halimali1980 I think one of the above posters nailed it. I noticed it was unlocked in Build/Buy mode when I was in an empty lot at the beginning of a game I started after I installed the latest patch.

CVeWUA2UwAAWJE9.png:large

To illustrate what I'm talking about, check out the counter tops and the wine rack in the above image. I used the FreeRealEstate cheat to move my Sim into the home, and all of the items are still there. <3