Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LAPTOP USERS - UPDATE Your Card Assignment For 64bit

13...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    H_An_T123 wrote: »
    Hi phoebebebe13
    The card is nvidia geforce gt 750M. i played sims 4 ever since it came out and nothing happened. until the recent update. Yes i have tried 32bit version.

Make sure your game is using your nvidia card and not intel http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd#latest
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    thanks @H_An_T123 two things one your 750m drivers seem out of date please go by nvidia and update once you updated your card follow the link at first post here regarding how to set up the card to run sims 4 but pick the 64 bit version. then pull to the desktop your my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 folder and then try launching the game. its possible you are getting the error because of your sims 4 folder.

how to update nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-update.html

by pulling out your sims 4 folder you are resetting your files more about resetting:

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    > saves - game save
    > options.ini - game settings
    > screenshots
    > custom music
    > mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    > tray folder - all your saved builds and sims
  • H_An_T123H_An_T123 Posts: 7 New Member
    @ceejay402 thank you so much! I updated and installed a bunch of new drivers, and it works now. thank you!!!
  • xXSoulKeeperXxxXSoulKeeperXx Posts: 61 Member
    So this is why my game wouldn't even load telling me my video card was outdated even though I was playing the game fine last week? Anyway, I kind of jumped the gun and un-installed my game and I am in the process of reinstalling, so if that doesn't work (which it looks like it won't) I'll try what you guys are suggesting on this thread. Before today I never had any issues with the game and the graphics were pretty decent so imagine my horror when the game told me it can't play because my video card is outdated -_-
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,564 Member
    So this is why my game wouldn't even load telling me my video card was outdated even though I was playing the game fine last week? Anyway, I kind of jumped the gun and un-installed my game and I am in the process of reinstalling, so if that doesn't work (which it looks like it won't) I'll try what you guys are suggesting on this thread. Before today I never had any issues with the game and the graphics were pretty decent so imagine my horror when the game told me it can't play because my video card is outdated -_-

It could have given you that message if you have two graphics card like an Intel and Nvidia, and maybe your Intel one is not updated. So, yeah, maybe if you assign the game to a dedicated graphics card, you should be fine. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,640 Member
    edited December 2015

It's totally stuffed - for want of a better word that would have been changed to plum if that would have started in F with the rest of the letters!
    We shouldn't have to be going through all this.
    I've had very few problems over the years, but when one strikes, it strikes, and it's so frustrating and time consuming and just to play a game! It's crazy!
    See, they know they've got us!
    I've just got to say a HUGE thanks to those devoted to helping us, coz EA etc etc really aren't.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • xXSoulKeeperXxxXSoulKeeperXx Posts: 61 Member
    > @February11 said:
    > xXSoulKeeperXx wrote: »
    >
    > So this is why my game wouldn't even load telling me my video card was outdated even though I was playing the game fine last week? Anyway, I kind of jumped the gun and un-installed my game and I am in the process of reinstalling, so if that doesn't work (which it looks like it won't) I'll try what you guys are suggesting on this thread. Before today I never had any issues with the game and the graphics were pretty decent so imagine my horror when the game told me it can't play because my video card is outdated -_-
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's totally stuffed - for want of a better word that would have been changed to plum if that would have started in F with the rest of the letters!
    > We shouldn't have to be going through all this.
    > I've had very few problems over the years, but when one strikes, it strikes, and it's so frustrating and time consuming and just to play a game! It's crazy!
    > See, they know they've got us!
    > I've just got to say a HUGE thanks to those devoted to helping us, coz EA etc etc really aren't.

I know I agree! BTW, I tried dedicating it to my Nvidia card and that didnt work -_-. So what I actually had to do was update my Nvidia card and now its working. Hopefully I don't run into any more issues. I hate that with every version of the game some problem always pops up without fail, though usually its not this early on >_<
    > @February11 said:
    >
    > So this is why my game wouldn't even load telling me my video card was outdated even though I was playing the game fine last week? Anyway, I kind of jumped the gun and un-installed my game and I am in the process of reinstalling, so if that doesn't work (which it looks like it won't) I'll try what you guys are suggesting on this thread. Before today I never had any issues with the game and the graphics were pretty decent so imagine my horror when the game told me it can't play because my video card is outdated -_-
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's totally stuffed - for want of a better word that would have been changed to plum if that would have started in F with the rest of the letters!
    > I've had very few problems over the years, but when one strikes, it strikes, and it's so frustrating and time consuming and just to play a game! It's crazy!
    > I've just got to say a HUGE thanks to those devoted to helping us, coz EA etc etc really aren't.

I know I agree! BTW, I tried dedicating it to my Nvidia card and that didnt work -_-. So what I actually had to do was update my Nvidia card and now its working. Hopefully I don't run into any more issues. I hate that with every version of the game some problem always pops up without fail, though usually its not this early on >_

I am glad that updating your Nvidia driver helped. Do you have GeForce Experience? It always gives a notification to update your drivers which can be helpful.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited December 2015
    DeKay wrote: »
    > @February11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I know I agree! BTW, I tried dedicating it to my Nvidia card and that didnt work -_-. So what I actually had to do was update my Nvidia card and now its working. Hopefully I don't run into any more issues. I hate that with every version of the game some problem always pops up without fail, though usually its not this early on >_

I am glad that updating your Nvidia driver helped. Do you have GeForce Experience? It always gives a notification to update your drivers which can be helpful.

I had to turn that off on my laptop, there were driver updates for this that and the other constantly. I updated whenever it suggested I updated and my laptop crashed, so I had to do a system restore and I've never gone back to it.
    I've always been advised to update through your laptop manufacturers site. I have 2 Dell's, and check through the Dell diagnostics for updates.
    But then that's just my experience. I know other people who'll only update through Device Manager. I know a lot of people here update through nvidia. It just didn't work for me.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
    February11 wrote: »
    > @February11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I had to turn that off on my laptop, there were driver updates for this that and the other constantly. I updated whenever it suggested I updated and my laptop crashed, so I had to do a system restore and I've never gone back to it.
    I've always been advised to update through your laptop manufacturers site. I have 2 Dell's, and check through the Dell diagnostics for updates.
    But then that's just my experience. I know other people who'll only update through Device Manager. I know a lot of people here update through nvidia. It just didn't work for me.

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's more advisable to check the manufacturer's site first. I usually just use GeForce experience although most of the time, it doesn't matter if I update or not.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited December 2015
    > @February11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's more advisable to check the manufacturer's site first. I usually just use GeForce experience although most of the time, it doesn't matter if I update or not.

I'm really glad to see you write that. You are far more knowledgeable with computers than I am, and I get scared doing driver updates.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
    > @February11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I'm really glad to see you write that. You are far more knowledgeable with computers than I am, and I get scared doing driver updates.

Nah, I'm not that knowledgeable. LOL. But so far, knock on wood, I don't have any problems with my game even if I don't update my driver. Besides most of the updates occur when there's a new game that comes out and Nvidia will have to come up with a new update to accommodate the new game. So, it's not that important for me to update my driver since I'm only playing The Sims 4. I would say tho the only most important update you need to do is for someone who has upgraded their Windows 7 or 8/8.1 computer to a Windows 10, then you will need download the Windows 10 version of your Nvidia Driver.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited December 2015
    > @February11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Nah, I'm not that knowledgeable. LOL. But so far, knock on wood, I don't have any problems with my game even if I don't update my driver. Besides most of the updates occur when there's a new game that comes out and Nvidia will have to come up with a new update to accommodate the new game. So, it's not that important for me to update my driver since I'm only playing The Sims 4. I would say tho the only most important update you need to do is for someone who has upgraded their Windows 7 or 8/8.1 computer to a Windows 10, then you will need download the Windows 10 version of your Nvidia Driver.

I've never had problems with TS4- until the 64bit thing we discussed yesterday. I think the only TS3 problem I ever had was when the launcher went AWOL, and I learned how to bypass it, and with TS4, my only issue has been the patch knocked out all my retail businesses and like I said, the 64 bit thing, but all's good again.
    I often wonder why some people have problems and others don't. In future, I'll go back to removing my saves when there's a patch update, I think that's what messed up my retail stuff.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    > @February11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I've never had problems with TS4- until the 64bit thing we discussed yesterday. I think the only TS3 problem I ever had was when the launcher went AWOL, and I learned how to bypass it, and with TS4, my only issue has been the patch knocked out all my retail businesses and like I said, the 64 bit thing, but all's good again.
    I often wonder why some people have problems and others don't. In future, I'll go back to removing my saves when there's a patch update, I think that's what messed up my retail stuff.

It's because everyone has different computer specs or sometimes the patches don't update properly and you might have to reinstall everything. Like one time, I patched my game on both my gaming laptop and normal laptop. On the gaming laptop, the social interactions (trick or treat) and 'claim' bed didn't have any texts on them, but on my normal laptop, it's all fine.

Then, I found out that the patch actually didn't download properly since it was missing a file in game folder, compared to the one my normal laptop, even tho I had no errors or internet disruption while downloading the patch on my gaming laptop.

I didn't have to reinstall the game (and repatch it) tho cuz I just copied the missing file from my other laptop and put it on my gaming laptop and the texts appeared again. :)
    832XG3D.gif
    edited December 2015
    > @February11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It's because everyone has different computer specs or sometimes the patches don't update properly and you might have to reinstall everything. Like one time, I patched my game on both my gaming laptop and normal laptop. On the gaming laptop, the social interactions (trick or treat) and 'claim' bed didn't have any texts on them, but on my normal laptop, it's all fine.

Then, I found out that the patch actually didn't download properly since it was missing a file in game folder, compared to the one my normal laptop, even tho I had no errors or internet disruption while downloading the patch on my gaming laptop.

I didn't have to reinstall the game (and repatch it) tho cuz I just copied the missing file from my other laptop and put it on my gaming laptop and the texts appeared again. :)

Ahhhh, it's so hit and miss isn't it. I had those problems on my newer laptop, and hoped when I did the update on my older one, it would have been different, but nope, same probs. The old one I only have an Intel HD 3000 card so I didn't have the Nvidia problem there (in fact, in the whole time I used that laptop for TS3 I never had any issues considering that card isn't meant to be supported by the game!) and my newer laptop, has ran perfectly, too. Fingers crossed for future updates!

EDIT - all my other malfunctions have been me tinkering, but I save to different places so always have back up files to put back in.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • FoxSecretAgentFoxSecretAgent Posts: 29 New Member
    So hello guys I have a big problem with my game . windows suddenly shut down the game. I tried removing the mods but it didn't change anything so what should I do???
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    So hello guys I have a big problem with my game . windows suddenly shut down the game. I tried removing the mods but it didn't change anything so what should I do???

Sorry to hear @FoxSecretAgent what happens when you reboot the computer and try again? Also pull out your my documents/electronic arts/ sim's 4 to the desktop and try to run a test game
  • EDLM17EDLM17 Posts: 3 New Member
    HOW CAN I KNOW WHAT CC IS CAUSING IT SO FUSTRATING
    HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CC IS CAUSING LAST EXPECTION FILES
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    EDLM17 wrote: »
    HOW CAN I KNOW WHAT CC IS CAUSING IT SO FUSTRATING

Hello @EDLM17
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.