Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, clubs and a world, that's it?

Sorry if anyone gets offended by this but it's my opinion and I just need to rant a little about it and get it off my chest, so here goes:

Like what does this EP has to offer? I can't find anything that makes me want to buy it at full price!
As the title says, clubs and a world, then some objects. I know that you will probebly answer like "it will grow with future EPs" do you really think EA is gonna update the list of what clubs like and don't like with every game/expansion/stuff pack? but why have this as the second EP when there is nothing to do?
Also with this EP there are so many missed oppertunities, like for example jobs that go with the skills or something, a lifestate maybe something from european history or just vampiers, more activities (pool tables, bowling, restaurants) just to name a few.
I just don't understand how people see this being worth $40! Not even GTW was worth $40 even tho I liked it! As someone said on another thread, the club system would be a nice side feature for a nightlife EP or maybe a freetime EP.

GT- 2 skills (dancing 5 levels and DJ 10 levels), 1 core feature (clubs), Windenburg, 1 venue (café)
GTW- 2 skills (photografy 5 levels and baking 10 levels), 2 core features (retail and active careers), 1 creature (aliens), Magnolia Promenade (and Sixam), 4 venues (police station, hospital, science lab and retail), 3,5 new careers (detective, doctor, scientist and buisness owner)

I think that's about it, if not I will be back...

Comments

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    do you really think EA is gonna update the list of what clubs like and don't like with every game/expansion/stuff pack?

Yes :smile: that's all I have to say about that. It's ok if you don't like the EP, we all like and want different things for the game.

KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    edited December 2015
    > @Kiwicantdie said:
    > ZazazaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > do you really think EA is gonna update the list of what clubs like and don't like with every game/expansion/stuff pack?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes :smile: that's all I have to say about that. It's ok if you don't like the EP, we all like and want different things for the game.

I just saw a post with pics of the list of club activities and stuff from spa day was there and also the hot tub! So that's a big plus if tey decide do keep updating it.

Also thanks for respecting my opinion :smile:
  • DismoriaDismoria Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm definitely disappointed that they didn't decide to integrate the cafe venue with GTW. I feel like it would have excited a lot of players to be able to run their own cafes and it would tie the two expansions together at least a little bit.

And the content over all doesn't really seem too worth it, in fact I think I would prefer the GPs over GT. If Windenburg wasn't so appealing to me, I'd probably be waiting til next year when it will go on sale.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I have to agree with Kiwicantdie. There's nothing that says we can't pick and choose which EPs, SPs, GPs, etc. we add to our games. I bought everything Sims2, I was that much in love and addicted to the game (my first real gaming experience). But, not so in love with Sims3. That, along with the staggering amount of room the game took up and the power it needed to run, I got very, very selective with what I added to Sims3. For instance, I bought EPs, primarily, because they would add interactions/game play. Stuff Packs (at that time) gave merely stuff. So, I only purchased the first three. I never did purchase Supernatural because this genre ins't my thing. I was very glad EA chose to put aliens in with Seasons, because I do love aliens, on the other hand. The game is what you make of it. I had to really work hard to have fun with Sims3 until ST came out. That gave me something I had always wanted my Sims to be able to do. I played the singer career nearly exclusively. I mean, I did try out the other two careers, but there was little to no zing for me. Not my preference at all. Nor did I like chatting while playing my game, (too distracting) and instead of relaxing (which is a primary reason I play at all) it was causing me stress. I tried the whole SimPort thing, too, but am very glad I never really cared for the objects we could receive, since I never received ANYTHING for my efforts. I was very glad to learn my Sim could reach the pinnacle of his singing career while playing offline.

That being said, if GT isn't something you desire, save your money, or wait until it comes on sale in the future. You don't have to answer to ANYONE about your choices. I will not try to talk you into liking something. It's your game to play how you enjoy playing it. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DismoriaDismoria Posts: 3 New Member
    When a base game comes out though, I feel like I need to buy the first several EPs that come out, just so I can add a little bit more content to the void to make it feel more complete.
    I still am excited for GT, but I'm just sad because I feel like there should be more content for the price.
    @GalacticGal

I also bought every EP and SP for sims 2, it's my favourite sims game so far :smile: I can't say that much about sims 3 tho because I hade it for abot a year then something wierd happened and I was never able to play it again. But during the little time I got with it i really liked it, I loooved exploring the tombs and destinations in WA (the only add on I was able to get).

Thanks to you too for respecting my opinion.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    That's quite all right. I don't feel people should catch flack for stating their opinion. :) (As for Sims3, I had it modded to the hilt just to keep it stable and I'm using a gaming rig!)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    > @Dismoria said:
    > I'm definitely disappointed that they didn't decide to integrate the cafe venue with GTW. I feel like it would have excited a lot of players to be able to run their own cafes and it would tie the two expansions together at least a little bit.
    >
    > And the content over all doesn't really seem too worth it, in fact I think I would prefer the GPs over GT. If Windenburg wasn't so appealing to me, I'd probably be waiting til next year when it will go on sale.

I think so too, it just doesn't feel enough for me.
    > @Dismoria said:
    > When a base game comes out though, I feel like I need to buy the first several EPs that come out, just so I can add a little bit more content to the void to make it feel more complete.
    > I still am excited for GT, but I'm just sad because I feel like there should be more content for the price.

Exactly! Thats just how I feel, even tho I'm not very interested in GT I'm still excited for more content.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited December 2015
    There are some new activities too, like foosball, darts and don't wake the llama. I was needing new games for my sims, so this made me happy. I think this is the kind of expansion that I like, because it adds to everyday gameplay, different from GTW which was focused on separate experiences in the careers. It's a no brainer to me to buy an expansion that will add to the routine of my sims. I think going to cafes in the evening, being able to order more foods at bars, playing some new games with friends and family and finally having party lights in nightclubs is a valuable experience for me. I still don't know what I'll do with clubs, but It'll be fun in regards to managing groups of friends.

Edit to add that I love The Sims 4, and intend on play it for a long time. So I buy packs for little stuff like this because they will enrich my gameplay trough the years, and simming is my hobby so I spend with it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There are some new activities too, like foosball, darts and don't wake the llama. I was needing new games for my sims, so this made me happy. I think this is the kind of expansion that I like, because it adds to everyday gameplay, different from GTW which was focused on separate experiences in the careers. It's a no brainer to me to buy an expansion that will add to the routine of my sims. I think going to cafes in the evening, being able to order more foods at bars, playing some new games with friends and family and finally having party lights in nightclubs is a valuable experience for me. I still don't know what I'll do with clubs, but It'll be fun in regards to managing groups of friends.

Edit to add that I love The Sims 4, and intend on play it for a long time. So I buy packs for little stuff like this because they will enrich my gameplay trough the years, and simming is my hobby so I spend with it.

But I sometimes think fun objects in the game don't really immerse me in this game anymore because in TS4 their fun fills up in so many ways already they don't really need new objects. I need those new objects but my Sims don't. Know what I mean? They gain fun by joking (full), talking to themselves (if insane) and just hanging on the pc trolling the forums. Or being mean to each other. (even when not evil) so I want more things for them to do and to use, but they don't need them. I liked it better when I had to seek out things for my Sims to do to have fun not every time they open their mouths.

But back to why I posted, there are some new interactions to talk up other Sims (or is that in the patch?) or talk down about Sims and I wonder how much influence this would have on the relationships of the two Sims you are trying to help or hinder? Maybe not so much and might be a waste of time trying.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

But I sometimes think fun objects in the game don't really immerse me in this game anymore because in TS4 their fun fills up in so many ways already they don't really need new objects. I need those new objects but my Sims don't. Know what I mean? They gain fun by joking (full), talking to themselves (if insane) and just hanging on the pc trolling the forums. Or being mean to each other. (even when not evil) so I want more things for them to do and to use, but they don't need them. I liked it better when I had to seek out things for my Sims to do to have fun not every time they open their mouths.

But back to why I posted, there are some new interactions to talk up other Sims (or is that in the patch?) or talk down about Sims and I wonder how much influence this would have on the relationships of the two Sims you are trying to help or hinder? Maybe not so much and might be a waste of time trying.

They made the needs easier to fulfill for us to have more time to do what we want with our sims, the same reason they made de days last longer than previous games. It's in this time where I can imaginate scenarios and make them play out :smile:
  • glistergoldglistergold Posts: 9 New Member
    The club system in Get Together is more dynamic than the retail and active careers combined (just because retail is only that, retail).

Would you like more autonomous sims?
    Would you like a more lively world?
    Are you tired of seeing the same sims over and over? (for me Elsa Pasang, Bella Goth, and the first sims I made)

Get Get Together!

The club system is not just Book Club, Jocks, Preps, etc. The club system's expansiveness is evident in all of the options and customizations of the clubs. With this you can make scenarios that you want to make as from your own imagination or reflective of reality. These clubs have customizations in their requirements as well as their club activities. The requirements are the are the base so those are derived from traits, age, financial status, occupations, or even skill. But the club activities have a vast range of options. Because it is not just sims being mean or flirty or just playing chess. But you can specify if they do those things to everyone, specific club(s), or specific age group(s). So my Gym Bros and Beer club can hang out at Movers and Shakers and work out, relax in their own hangout that can be made at the gym, maybe with their own private restrooms. But not only that. They can be set to rival the other work out group who likes to box at the gym. So they can be mean to them and maybe some of my more nerdy sim clubs or artistic sim clubs. They will probably be friends, family, neighbors, or love interests with sims from these other groups, making sim interactions and relationships more dynamic. I can even set it more realistic and have them be flirty/romantic/woohoo with the bad party girls club, or the snobby rich girls club. As well as set them to be playful/mischeivious to the other guys in the same club.

As it is now, sims interact very much the same with every other sims. It is not like that in real life. When I go out of my house, guys that are friends with each other pull jokes on each other and they try to get close and hug as many girl friends of theirs as they can. These are more specific actions that take place. Whereas other sims clubs might not hug and flirt but be more friendly all around or some even mean.

I did not even mention the club perks, that can be infamous or popular or party all night. You can eve set a club as "Obscure". I like to make secret room from basement halls ways that are hidden.

The Sims 4 Get Together is not just getting together but interacting amongst all of the sims in the worlds in very different ways an with different activities to make sims feel more realistic and individual(but as groups, because that is how many people interact in the world).

And all of this does not mention cafes, closets, pubs, The Bluffs, Van Haunt estate, the ruins, natural pools,, european facades/aesthetics, and new four person activities.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Yeeeaaaaap
    > @glistergold said:
    > The club system in Get Together is more dynamic than the retail and active careers combined (just because retail is only that, retail).
    >
    > Would you like more autonomous sims?
    > Would you like a more lively world?
    > Are you tired of seeing the same sims over and over? (for me Elsa Pasang, Bella Goth, and the first sims I made)
    >
    > Get Get Together!
    >
    > The club system is not just Book Club, Jocks, Preps, etc. The club system's expansiveness is evident in all of the options and customizations of the clubs. With this you can make scenarios that you want to make as from your own imagination or reflective of reality. These clubs have customizations in their requirements as well as their club activities. The requirements are the are the base so those are derived from traits, age, financial status, occupations, or even skill. But the club activities have a vast range of options. Because it is not just sims being mean or flirty or just playing chess. But you can specify if they do those things to everyone, specific club(s), or specific age group(s). So my Gym Bros and Beer club can hang out at Movers and Shakers and work out, relax in their own hangout that can be made at the gym, maybe with their own private restrooms. But not only that. They can be set to rival the other work out group who likes to box at the gym. So they can be mean to them and maybe some of my more nerdy sim clubs or artistic sim clubs. They will probably be friends, family, neighbors, or love interests with sims from these other groups, making sim interactions and relationships more dynamic. I can even set it more realistic and have them be flirty/romantic/woohoo with the bad party girls club, or the snobby rich girls club. As well as set them to be playful/mischeivious to the other guys in the same club.
    >
    > As it is now, sims interact very much the same with every other sims. It is not like that in real life. When I go out of my house, guys that are friends with each other pull jokes on each other and they try to get close and hug as many girl friends of theirs as they can. These are more specific actions that take place. Whereas other sims clubs might not hug and flirt but be more friendly all around or some even mean.
    >
    > I did not even mention the club perks, that can be infamous or popular or party all night. You can eve set a club as "Obscure". I like to make secret room from basement halls ways that are hidden.
    >
    > The Sims 4 Get Together is not just getting together but interacting amongst all of the sims in the worlds in very different ways an with different activities to make sims feel more realistic and individual(but as groups, because that is how many people interact in the world).
    >
    > And all of this does not mention cafes, closets, pubs, The Bluffs, Van Haunt estate, the ruins, natural pools,, european facades/aesthetics, and new four person activities.

The thing is that cafes are just a lot with a coffe mashine, closets are just another object, the bluffs, the estate and the ruins are just lots with different names and natural pools are just recoloured pools. So my point is that GT doesn't offer much more than a world and clubs.
  • Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    I feel that value is and always will be subjective. :)
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Pretty much
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Players have complained that Sims 4 is too much sweetness and light, no conflict or drama. Well, you can add drama with GT -- have two groups that hate each other and want to fight, but then have a Sim from each group that become Romantic when away from the groups. If you have GTW, start a group with just aliens -- then have a group of secret agents and detectives that hate aliens.

I can easily see this being expanded upon in future packs, and it would be ridiculous for EA to not do that when all they'd have to do is add in a little bit of coding to include the new traits and activities for each pack. Maybe it's why they're introducing it now, so the framework is in place for future expansion.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Sometimes you got to think quality over quantity. Sometimes we ask for too much.

You can list all the things and think GT has nothing, but those items are detailed and add something new to the game. GT has a gorgeous new world with a variety of neighbourhoods and things to do. Clubs have so many different options that it is incredibly customizable. Think about all the new creative aspects possible instead. But the real deal with GT is that most simmers want something new. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Yes, this expansion pack is not going to be favoured by some, but for others it might be their favourite. Yes, GT isn't like the other Sims franchise packs but why have another game if you're just going to create the same things as the previous?
    If you don't really like it, I'd say move on and wait for another.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sometimes you got to think quality over quantity. Sometimes we ask for too much.

You can list all the things and think GT has nothing, but those items are detailed and add something new to the game. GT has a gorgeous new world with a variety of neighbourhoods and things to do. Clubs have so many different options that it is incredibly customizable. Think about all the new creative aspects possible instead. But the real deal with GT is that most simmers want something new. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Yes, this expansion pack is not going to be favoured by some, but for others it might be their favourite. Yes, GT isn't like the other Sims franchise packs but why have another game if you're just going to create the same things as the previous?
    If you don't really like it, I'd say move on and wait for another.
    That tends to be how series work. Otherwise, the game should be called something else.

I don't see how grouping people together is "incredibly customizable", but to each their own.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    > @SweetieKaye said:
    > spontaneousivy wrote: »
    >
    > Sometimes you got to think quality over quantity. Sometimes we ask for too much.
    >
    > You can list all the things and think GT has nothing, but those items are detailed and add something new to the game. GT has a gorgeous new world with a variety of neighbourhoods and things to do. Clubs have so many different options that it is incredibly customizable. Think about all the new creative aspects possible instead. But the real deal with GT is that most simmers want something new. It's like a breath of fresh air.
    >
    > Yes, this expansion pack is not going to be favoured by some, but for others it might be their favourite. Yes, GT isn't like the other Sims franchise packs but why have another game if you're just going to create the same things as the previous?
    > If you don't really like it, I'd say move on and wait for another.
    >
    >
    >
    > That tends to be how series work. Otherwise, the game should be called something else.
    >
    > I don't see how grouping people together is "incredibly customizable", but to each their own.

I don't know about you, but there are a ton of options for the clubs. Have you seen the list for clubs? So yes.
    If each game is has the same packs as the other, that would be pointless and boring. I could literally predict what would be coming. Series don't exactly have to correlate directly to other. If each game is going to end up with vampires, werewolves, mermaids, etc... it's great, but why not bring in new content so more people actually get excited.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There is lots of stuff coming in this pack and the club system is sounding awesome and game changing but heck if you don't like the Sims 4 or the direction it's taking the only person that can change your mind is you. The information has been out there. In my opinion it's gonna rock though :).
    egTcBMc.png
    And just to be (kinda) specific, there are supposedly 76 activities that your clubs can do, or can't do in your club rules. Say you want to fill in all 5 things that your clubs can do. That's 76P5 = 2,216,980,800 options already. And that's just one category.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    This pack is like Open For Business. OFB didn't come with alot, but it was designed as a new in-game tool that could be used for past and future packs.

If you'd rather wait, then you can. But it's designed that way so when new packs come out you have more options.

---

It's also very similar to Free Time, which was another pack based on clubs, however the clubs were based on hobbies.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'll send you a postcard from Windenburg, OP. ;)
    I'm excited to check out this new social system! I'm going to be able to create some very interesting stories involving rival clubs and their members. I'm impressed at how in-depth the club system is, and I will happily test it out for you! <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg