Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about patterns showing up in Launcher and Custard

suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
I'm trying to figure out some things about CAP patterns and could use some help.

I have patterns in my game that have been made by others, but I've never made any myself. Some show up in the launcher in installed content, while others do not. In the launcher, there are patterns that show as store content, and I recognize some (but not all) of those as coming from sets I have in my game. All the patterns in the launcher have a thumbnail except one, the description of which includes the word "trees."

Right now, I have a lot in my exports file that in Custard shows it has five pattern files included. Two have thumbnails and three don't. The two with thumbnails were definitely used in my lot and show in installed content. I also used a pattern in a bedspread (definitely not the "trees" one) that I don't find in the launcher and doesn't show with a thumbnail in Custard. I am trying to track down the other two patterns. I used three floral patterns in the lot, and thought I found them all, but I change them so much in CAS (and save those changes if I like them a lot) that I'm just not always sure what the original pattern was or where it came from.

My questions are:

(1) Are all patterns in installed content that have the store icon on them actually from the store?

(2) Do store content patterns show in Custard as patterns? (Thinking they should.)

(3) Do I need to worry that some of the patterns in Custard lack thumbnails? (Thinking especially about the bedspread pattern which shows a thumbnail in CAS. I don't recognize it from any EA content I own, but it also doesn't show up in installed content and doesn't show with a thumbnail in Custard.)

Any insights would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
My Sims 3 Studio
My forum builds thread