Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match vs. Realistic Custom Content?

There is an on-going rivalry between "maxis match" and "realistic" custom content styles. Maxis match is just what is sounds like; cc made in a way that looks like it was created by EA/Maxis for the game; smoother and more cartoony, if you will. Realistic is also just what it sounds like; custom content that looks like real clothes/hair/objects/etc. Personally, I favor Maxis match and despise realistic-looking cc, as it just makes the game look so unappealing and mismatched. What I'm wondering is; what is your favorite? Vote in the comments!

Examples of Maxis Match: http://www.tumblr.com/search/ts4mm
Realistic: http://www.tumblr.com/search/tsr
tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
thank you thread

Comments

• lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I dont know, really like both and cant decide. I do use both and they do go good with game and so I really cant choose.
  • VondiitaVondiita Posts: 198 Member
    Same reason as you pretty much. I wouldn't mind realistic
    looking CC if it fit with the rest of the environment but
    that's not the case.
  • ThePetShopVenueThePetShopVenue Posts: 6 New Member
    Definitely maxis. Realistic becomes so inconsistent with the actual game's graphics it bothers me lol
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Realistic.
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    I'm a Maxis-Matcher at heart, though I do like trying out something different and gave Alpha CC's (Yes I call it that :lol: ) a try

I tried out Alpha CCs especially hair not long ago, it didn't look exactly in game and right there I thought I borked my lappy :hushed: and then I realized by looking back at the creator's notes that it didn't complement well with laptop mode.

One time I find it hilarious when one of the Pre-mades Maxis Sims had a fight with my Alpha'd Sims. Its like the Pre-mades were thinking:

"You're not like us, GET HIM!" :lol:

Back to title, I really like both <3 , our CC creators are an awesome bunch :smiley:

I now have different saves in my game, where one is for my Maxis Match Sims and the other is for the Alpha Sims to prevent them from getting run out of town :lol:
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • pumpkinandapplepumpkinandapple Posts: 35 Member
    I probably prefer realistic although it sometimes bugs out
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Maxis Match. :)
  • ZaraLZaraL Posts: 54 Member
    > @chorvagee said:
    > Realistic.

I prefer realistic too.
    giphy.gif
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Definitely Maxis Match. Alpha hairs look so inconsistent! The only realistic content I can deal with is things like eyebrows and eyelashes.
    I can deal with "clayified" alpha hairs, though! I really love DDeathflower's edits: http://ddeathflower.tumblr.com/tagged/s4cc
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    I mostly use Maxi's Match. My only exception is Aviera. Her casual dresses 1-3 & Secret Garden dresses look fantastic in game.
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    edited October 2015
    XSimMimX wrote: »
    Definitely Maxis Match. Alpha hairs look so inconsistent! The only realistic content I can deal with is things like eyebrows and eyelashes.
    I can deal with "clayified" alpha hairs, though! I really love DDeathflower's edits: http://ddeathflower.tumblr.com/tagged/s4cc

I love DDeathflower! The only "realistic" hairs I really like are Stealthic's.
    thank you thread
  • LittleMeow93LittleMeow93 Posts: 63 Member
    Maxis Match. It bothers me when the styles don't match. It makes some sims in my towns stand out horribly and I've found that the realistic stuff usually looks tacky. :/
    Origin Name: LittleMeow93
    flag-australia.png
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    Maxis Match. It bothers me when the styles don't match. It makes some sims in my towns stand out horribly and I've found that the realistic stuff usually looks tacky. :/

I couldn't agree more.
    thank you thread
  • Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    Maxis Match. I think realistic CC doesn't suit at all with the game graphics. Also, I like the cartoony style more than the realistic one.
  • KHippieKHippie Posts: 18 Member
    > @Vondiita said:
    > Same reason as you pretty much. I wouldn't mind realistic
    > looking CC if it fit with the rest of the environment but
    > that's not the case.

Well ...2 my opinion, this is the best reason to not prefer realistic but things are changing :wink: I do not write this to promote the k-hippie team stuff, but we just finished the replacement of more than 300 maxis terrain and floorpaint files to give a coherent matching between the realistic style we prefer much much far beyond the cartoony style ( too childish and facebook styled to me )

The good idea could be a "consensus" : realistic enough to not be ridiculous but not too much to keep the coherence of all this :)
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    Definitely maxis. Realistic becomes so inconsistent with the actual game's graphics it bothers me lol

This is pretty much my stance too. Realistic sticks out too much in TS4.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I like maxis match hair, Realistic hair starts too look ugly in laptop mod and gets weird.
    Maxis match hair my sims sooooo pretty.
    It would be weird if the generated townies look normal and selfmade sims look realistic. EWW
  • Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    Currently I love Realistic CC.
    Ive been wanting to get some Maxis Match things considering Im seeing some cool retextures on tumblr and tsr.

@foussi whats funny though, is the randomly generated townies with cc.. because its so randomly put together! :p
    giphy.gif

• xAmaaxxAmaax Posts: 13 New Member
    I prefer Maxis match. I love the cartoon like look of the Sims 4. Plus, I am picky about the look and fell of my game. I hate when townies have Maxis hair and my Sim has realistic hair, it looks strange to me.
  • VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    I prefer realistic but I wont hesitate to dl Maxis Match items if I like it. @Bananas_45 I totally agree with you, I have alot of Aviera's clothes.
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I love realistic cc so I don't think maxis match matters. I don't like the hair that comes with the game
  • OtterlyRidiculousOtterlyRidiculous Posts: 45 Member
    My favorite is definitely the maxis-match. I love the way that Sims 4 looks, and am glad that went back to the more animated Sims 2 style. I really did not like how Sims 3 looked. I often find that the more realistic CC just looks like of odd and feels really out of place with the animated personality of Sims 4. It's too ridiculous to be realistic. However, I do think that the realistic CC has its place in perhaps stories, sims photoshoots, etc. Just not in normal game play.
  • LeiaStyleLeiaStyle Posts: 41 Member
    I really love both! I do understand sticking with Maxis Match exclusively for the sake of immersion or to avoid an inconsistent style. But personally, I look at the quality of the item first, over MM vs. realistic. And there are so many beautiful, high quality items on both sides. So I basically have different saves that feature either Maxis CC or realistic CC exclusively, like @"Rojo De Guy" mentioned.

In my Simming world I don't like limiting style or selection (just like IRL, I wouldn't shop at exclusively one store. Variety of styles is great, especially when there is so much great CC to choose from)! Download ALL THE THINGS! Heh, I'm not a digital hoarder. >.<

But it's definitely a personal choice, just like your own unique style IRL. ;)
  • Vidal98Vidal98 Posts: 101 Member
    Maxis-Match all the way. I like my cc to look like it belongs in game.
  • navyboy12navyboy12 Posts: 68 Member
    I absolutely love more realistic CC in my game but what I don't like is that some CC doesn't come with meshes when you down load them from trusted sights and they don't give you the link to get them.