Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotate and put any number of items on shelfs?

I've seen some speed build videos where people are able to place as many items as they want on wherever they want on shelves and counters and I really want to know how to do this as mine keep snapping to slots on the counter and shelves and refuse to rotate on shelves. I've tried moveobjects, testingcheatsenabled, disablesnappingtoslotsonalt, < > and ALT keys and still can't replicate what people are doing on those speed build videos. Instead I get "can't intersect other objects" and red footprints when attempting to place several items next to each other or trying to rotate them on a shelf. When trying to rotate an item on the shelf most the time does absolutely nothing, using the ALT key just takes it off the shelf to move freely on the ground.

Comments

• Options
    AellaniiAellanii Posts: 88 Member
    Sometimes that cluttered effect is achieved by copying your shelf or counter, then placing more items on the second object. After that, you can simply use MOO to put the two shelves/counters what-have-you in the same spot. Though you're still limited to placing items in the slots atop the object, you can use as many shelves/counters as you need to get a look that you like. There are other methods, but this is perhaps one of the simplest.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There are also cloned version of some EA furniture and shelving with more slots added. For examples, see this list on modthesims.
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't think they used custom shelves as I downloaded one lot someone made and it was using the shelves from ITTF and the items on it were in the same position and rotation as in his video.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    You might try googling OMSP (one more slot please)
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    You might try googling OMSP (one more slot please)

One More Slot Please is incredibly useful, I definitely second this. Get it, play around with it, and enjoy the fact that you can now put decorations anywhere.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2015
    Osmp is what I use as well with MOO that way footprints don't matter. If they are just moving the object around that's just hitting M the object will move to available slots on object http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Content_List:Decorating_Themes/Clutter_and_Functional_Home_Decor

Rotating also once an object is sitting on Omsp and MOO is on you can move around freely
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I just had this same issue when I decided to make a store selling camping equipment with the WA general merchandise register. I wanted to stock the shelves with everything I could find that looked like it could be used for camping, but with the shelving units that look like the ones in stores, not even cheats would allow me to put the items close together. I put up wall shelves, and was able to get them closer together. I also built a wall down the middle of the store with shelves on both sides to take the place of the double sided shelving units.
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    He definitely wasn't using omsp because that would've resulted in seeing it in the video and without it installed the objects would've been stacked in the air. He seemed to just move the items onto the shelves themselves anywhere he wanted and rotated them to his preference, it was like there was nothing stopping him from just moving things where he wanted. I didn't have the shelves from Midnight Hollow so everything was stacked outside, but once I bought it all the objects were on the shelves in the same positions as in the video so he's doing something to manipulate them.