Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows 7 players who can't get Sims 1 to play again...solution!

124...Next

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @lateniteowl can you take screenshots in virtual machines?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • bookwormst699bookwormst699 Posts: 21 Member
    @Binn92 I've got the same issue so I'm installing a virtual Windows XP, which was mentioned earlier on in this thread. I'll let you know if it works...
  • NethernyCNethernyC Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm brand new here, so can't start a thread. I'm having the same problem as a lot of people. Trying to get Sims 1 to run on my Win 7 machine.
    I have all the original discs. Including Regular The SIms, and Livin' Large. Then, The Sims Deluxe (which I think is the previous 2 in one). Then I have ALL expansions, real discs, all the keys. Haven't played them in years. I just want them to work.

Tried uninstalling that Windows Update KB3086255, still no go. I can install them all, and they act like they're installing. Then I set them for Win XP SP3 compatability. I may be doing this wrong somehow. Do I do this to the Start inside the CD first before installing? Do I do this to the Application in the Sims folder before running? OR, just the shortcut?

I will get all of them installed and then nothing. My Computer doesn't have a wide range of resolutions, but playing in 800 X 600 I wouldn't mind so long as I can play the sims!

Maybe I need to start the installation process with the regular disc editions instead of the Deluxe Edition. About to try that. I've even tried the stuff about turning off secdrv.

Still no Sims. Please if anyone has any advice I'm all ears.