Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I Stopped Playing Sims 4

dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
I really do like sims 4. I loved playing it. Then it lost its luster for me. I could go months without playing and not think about it. There are several reasons why I've stopped completely, which are explained in the following:

1) No family gameplay (not just toddlers people)
2) I have to rely on mods to enjoy my game
3) It is expensive
4) I was spending too much time playing

Let me explain why these four problems are such a big deal to be. For problem number one, my most major issue, is when I have a family there are no fun activities to do with them besides go to a park and the adults can play chess, snooze fest. The relationships with parents drop so quickly by the time kids are teens. My other problem is having no other place to leave the baby besides it craddle. I would assume it would be fairly easy to make objects like swings, rocking chairs, walkers, and other baby toys to interact with. This should be take care of if we cannot have toddlers. For problem number two, another top issue, is that I don't like downloading mods because they can mess up games and give your adware, malware and viruses. If modders can make so can the people at EA. For my third problem, which is fairly major, is the cost of expansion and and official game. Within the time Sims 4 has been out I have spend way more then I spent a year of buying sims 4 expansion, I didn't buy most stuff packs. That is insane since most people live on budgets. My last problem, somewhat of a major issue, was how much time I spent playing. For people like me how are dyslexic and because of the disability have poor time management a half hour turns into three hours. This could apply to anyone with poor time management skills.

Here are a few ways my issues could be fixed. My first issue would have to be solved with an expansion, it's just lacking so much. And the mod thing is an easy fix, just put more quality work out there, though there is plenty of that but not enough to enjoy the game. The cost can't really be fixed but for the next game there should be a discount if you've owned sims 4 and additional discount if you own sims 3, sims 2, and/or sims 1. These don't have to be huge discounts, but if I had one I would have bought the sims 4 much earlier. And my last issue could be mixed with in game timer that shows you the current time if you are in full screen and a way to set a limit of how long you can play, it will automatically save and close.

If those four issues are fixed it could possible win me back over to sims 4. But I also have a few other suggestions too that would improve the game and make it much more enjoyable. They are listed in the following:

A sims theme park/water park
A homeschool option for legacies or stories where the family lives in the middle of nowhere.
Ease recording in game for youtube
Ability to make everyone where a certain selection of clothes so NPCs don't ruin the legacy by being dressed inappropriately.
Ability to turn off NPCs
Ability to change the background
Ability to turn off cars going by.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    I agree with you. I do enjoy TS4 (no where near as much as other iterations) but I haven't touched the game in months. Its so, so, sooooo boring now. Plus, my play-style isn't supported (family play). In fact, it's openly mocked :P
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That's understandable. MTS is actually one of the safer mod sites. They prescan their uploads to clean them from any possible viruses.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    Actually I can no longer download from there anymore. It says the file is corrupted and refuses to work.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I haven't played Sims 4 in a long while, it does not hold my interest and the thing is I am not sad about it, I guess with all the new games coming out now they have attracted my attention. Even with the new packs coming it is not enough to keep me playing.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I haven't played TS4 in about a year. The reasons are:
    1. The gameplay feels monotone and tiring.
    2. Everything takes too long time - except the social interactions which were what I enjoyed most in the previous games.
    3. It is unlikely that this game ever will be "repaired" because it was their choice to change the game in this direction.
    4. Like the previous games the game is still too easy without complicated or challenging gameplay.
    5. Social relations are still dumped down - especially compared to the Sims 2.
    6. Family trees, family stories and neighborhood stories still don't work as well as even in the Sims 2 which is now a quite old game.
    7. The focus in the Sims 4 seems to be on creating sims and houses and not on the gameplay which is the only thing that could really interest me if only it was a little more advanced and had more variation.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    It's become extremely rare for me to play, unlike my time put in for ts2 and 3 for many reasons already stated (mods needed, lack of family, etc).

While I like aspect of the game, there are too many things that hinder my desire to play. Truly disheartening :disappointed:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I've actually stopped playing it for a few seconds to backup my data... I keep at least three redundant full backups of save data and multimedia.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EPs aren't going to fix my issues OP. If you care to read my thread 'For the Love of Pete' you will realize the game has more problems than any EP can fix as far as I am concerned. Toddlers can't fix that mess, either. It's the programming being backwards among other things. Then changing features I actually liked to not work the way they did when the game was first released without ever mentioning they had actually changed those to not work the way they did when game was released. I think after spending about $150 on this game and all it's patches and 'free' content, if I haven't learned yet, I never will.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    EPs aren't going to fix my issues OP. If you care to read my thread 'For the Love of Pete' you will realize the game has more problems than any EP can fix as far as I am concerned. Toddlers can't fix that mess, either. It's the programming being backwards among other things. Then changing features I actually liked to not work the way they did when the game was first released without ever mentioning they had actually changed those to not work the way they did when game was released. I think after spending about $150 on this game and all it's patches and 'free' content, if I haven't learned yet, I never will.

The attitudes toward community are very clear so we'll make our final decisions based on the next official announcements regarding project completion and future development. Development of entertainment products isn't a public duty therefore it isn't reasonable to attack developers for loss of interest or 'paradigm shifts'.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I boot the game up every now and then to check something a thread has pointed out, help another player, test something, etc but that's about it and that takes all of 5-10 minutes. I haven't put time into making a sim, building a house, and actually playing in a couple months now.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png

The attitudes toward community are very clear so we'll make our final decisions based on the next official announcements regarding project completion and future development. Development of entertainment products isn't a public duty therefore it isn't reasonable to attack developers for loss of interest or 'paradigm shifts'.

I don't excuse game companies anymore than I would a vacuum cleaner salesman. A product is a product and I don't care if it's an invisible product if the thing isn't working as promised or as grand as they claimed they don't get a pass from me. A customer. Not a fan, a customer first, foremost and always.

I'm not stating that you should excuse anything, rather that there is no obligation which is associated with market presence. If the developer chooses to terminate their project unexpectedly, they have the right to do so in the same way that the consumer has a right to refuse their product. If you've lost anything quantifiable as the result of misrepresentation then you'll have to wear your best [penguin] to the 'international banquet'.
    I started playing again but not how I used to. PR sure has a lot of work with the sims community. It's not a terrible game it's not good either, but the relationship between the players and the game developers is killing the game.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I mean, I don't think you are alone, plenty of people have made, and continue to make, the same mistake, because they WANT to like the game. They WANT to support EA. But it's horrible because, not only are you let down in the end, but you are supporting a product you feel is inferior to your expectations, thus enabling EA to press on.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I mean, I don't think you are alone, plenty of people have made, and continue to make, the same mistake, because they WANT to like the game. They WANT to support EA. But it's horrible because, not only are you let down in the end, but you are supporting a product you feel is inferior to your expectations, thus enabling EA to press on.

And sadly indicating that stripping the game will work so why spend more to get it done right for release next time? It's a vicious circle.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm glad however there are people out there seriously trying out the game to the fullest, because they are able to expose the real issues in ways I never could (because I quit buying and playing). I just hope EA will learn from their input.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I want to believe that EA/Maxis will learn from their mistake, but I highly doubt they will. They can't even say a simple "Sorry, we messed up." on the features that have been removed or left out. Heck, about the game period. As long as they are making money, they don't care. :/
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited May 2016
    Not worth your time at all, nope. The game Is like satan trying to make It back Into your life and that my friend I sure as plum do not need.
    I did end up starting back up playing. However, without mods the game is lackluster and forgettable. You almost have to reply on modders to make the game fun.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2016
    I want to believe that EA/Maxis will learn from their mistake, but I highly doubt they will. They can't even say a simple "Sorry, we messed up." on the features that have been removed or left out. Heck, about the game period. As long as they are making money, they don't care. :/
    EA surely doesn't see it as any mistake!

I have studied EA's behavior and their statements about different games. From this it is quite clear to me that EA doesn't see the Sims games as something special or targeted at any fans. In stead the a Sims games are just examples of EA's policy which seems to be to have all kinds of games and for all platforms. Different games are targeted at different kinds of gamers. Some are sports games (most often for hardcore sports fans). Some are action games (most often for hardcore gamers). Some are easy small games targeted at mobile devices owned by casual gamers. Some are targeted at different types of console gamers.

But what about the Sims 4? Is this game targeted at the same kind of gamers as the Sims 3 was? I would say both yes and no because it should now be obvious that the Sims 4 isn't at all targeted at all those simmers who came from the Sims 3!

I am sure that EA's top knows that we aren't satisfied by now! But they obviously don't care and I believe that I know why because they seem to think something like "Why do those hysterical simmers think that we should make Sims games only for hardcore PC simmers?? It is our game and we have always targeted the Sims games at young teens who didn't really have any experience with other big games. We still do that. But they just seem to forget that even though they may have been such young inexperienced teens when they bought the Sims 1 or the Sims 2 they now are experienced adults and therefore not in our target group anymore. They can of course still play the Sims 4 if they want. But otherwise they should just go on playing the Sims 3 (which we still sell) or they should move on to some of our other games. They seem so selfcentered that they think we should just keep making the same game. But we have to move on to be able to attract new young teens and therefore keep the game simple and with low minimum requirements. We also have to replace core content and make the Sims 4 different from the Sims 3 to obtain good sales numbers for both games."

I am not at all sure that EA will ever release the same EPs also for the Sims 4. They took toddlers out. So maybe they won't repeat Seasons, University or Open for Business either? They want the Sims 4 to be different - that is all we know until now!
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes I have bought all the stuff so far for the Sims 4, But only because I wanted New content, because The game lacks so much, so I am being called names and such because I will complain if I do not like something, but still get the packs for content, I have been waiting for My type of items for game play since Day 1, so I am being told I am sad, or Selfish and such for wanting My items I want?, I say then Fine I will be selfish just like the rest here are, it seems the only ones who seem to think they are entitled to items are the ones who already got stuff they use, so no problem.
    I do not play Sims 4 much, only once in awhile now, until they give Me the Items that I want for My game play.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top