Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

awesome repo-man bug

:lol: ok well for one thing he shouldn't have been coming to my sims house do to I have already been paying the bills enough, so sense he still deciced to come even with my paying the bills i did resetsim and it actually worked. I know this must be a bug sense he is programed to take stuff no matter what but by reseting him none of my stuff was taken. If it is not a bug then thats even better.

Comments

• Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My Repo-man visits (like 5 total) he has only taken a football and a toilet. 4 times he took nothing. Then the 5th time he stole my football. I was like :roll:.
    Then he ran up stairs and took the toilet in which I was :shock: cause my Sim had just took a leak and was getting undressed to take a shower. I want to kill the repoman now! I hope he can't pull the vanishing act other people do sometimes. Stupid Grady and Vita don't want to die!
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2009
    In my legacy household the repoman LOVED to take the shower. -_- Seriously? That's kind of a necessity...
  • Options
    NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've seen the repo-man twice. I think he took a BBQ and a chair.
  • Options
    3FREAK3FREAK Posts: 266 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I never had the repo-man take anything. I don't know if this does it to anyone else but everytime the bills get late it gives me the option to pay bills now. I click "pay bills" and it pays them without me having to worry about going to the mailbox every tuesday and thursday(sims time of course) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ha that resetsim thing is awesome! the only time the repo man came in my game he took 3 celing lights, and my sims got the "its dark" moodlet. lol
  • Options
    shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2009

He came to one of my sims 3 times, and always took her bathroom mirror.

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • Options
    elainawainaelainawaina Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Awesome, Im going to use reset sim on him next time. I usually just have my sim run over and try to use what ever he's walking towards so he can't take it lol he gives up and leaves eventually..
  • Options
    ilikeshellfishilikeshellfish Posts: 95 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My repoman always takes plants. Not sure why, but he never goes after anything else.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    he came once, took the babys new toy.
  • Options
    ZzephyrSZZzephyrSZ Posts: 610 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe what the Repo man takes has some correlation to the value of your bills. I wouldn't know for sure (haven't seen the repo man once, myself. My sims are all goody-goody bill-paying citizens.) but that might explain why he takes weird things sometimes, and why, if he comes multiple times, he might take the same thing more than once.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had a (charismatic) Evil sim once meet a repo-woman who was hanging around in the central park.

She befriended her, invited her to move in, and then locked her in a small, dark cell and left her there.

It was very satisfying.

's what the repolady gets for stealing my towels :twisted:
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ha, that's cool. Next time I accidently forget to pay the bills I'll have to try that. Usually I get the little pop up asking if I want to pay and I do it then, but sometimes I miss it somehow and I get repoed. My toilet got taken last time... I thought they weren't supposed to take necessities. But yeah, the repoman will take enough to cover your debt, no more, no less. That's why they'll come in and take some random object.
  • Options
    babybadoobabybadoo Posts: 453 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Reset sim is magic 8) I've reset the blasted rep man a few times because the little pop up didn't come up to pay the bills so I forgot :p

EDIT* I typed pills instead of bills o.O Stupid taboo drug show got me thinking about drugs apparently o.O
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    lol alll that makes me laugh that you all had repoman take weird things, but weird thing is i've always gotten the bills paid when the pop up thing shows up yet he still came after my stuff for this family i've been playing.
  • Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I took a great screenshot last night. I was going to make the repoman come, and he did. I moved everything to the family inventory except rugs and a statue on the other side of a pool with rocks all around it. Well, there was also the bed the male Sim was sleeping in. Well, the repo man came... Firstly, I forgot you can't edit the lot while a repoman is there, so I couldn't rock him in the pool to drown. Then I was shocked to see him point his gun at my sleeping Sim in bed. I took a screenshot, but I did it by printscreen. So, I don't know how to post it. He didn't get the bed though! Or my Sim! :D

He then got mad and went and took 5 rugs and the statue! He didn't even have to swim. That gun has long range. :O
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I took a great screenshot last night. I was going to make the repoman come, and he did. I moved everything to the family inventory except rugs and a statue on the other side of a pool with rocks all around it. Well, there was also the bed the male Sim was sleeping in. Well, the repo man came... Firstly, I forgot you can't edit the lot while a repoman is there, so I couldn't rock him in the pool to drown. Then I was shocked to see him point his gun at my sleeping Sim in bed. I took a screenshot, but I did it by printscreen. So, I don't know how to post it. He didn't get the bed though! Or my Sim! :D

He then got mad and went and took 5 rugs and the statue! He didn't even have to swim. That gun has long range. :O

i remember reading some thing like that but they removed every thing from the house so all the was left was walls and the roof once the repoman showed up for their stuff the guy says that the repoman sent a message up saying get a job
  • Options
    PhlossifyPhlossify Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I actually once did that in Sims 2, took out all of my stuff and had just the walls and the floor and had the repo-man come...I remember him saying something like "Man, it's no wonder you didn't pay your bills, you guys are poor! Get a job!"

But in Sims 3, I keep having this bug that even when I pay my bills the repo-man comes and takes my stuff. I hadn't ever had that happen until I got Sims 3 Pets.. so maybe it's associated with Pets. I don't know, it's weird, but I just delete the repo-man's car and they disappear. c:
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited November 2011
    One of the first life rewards I get (after I get the steel bladder one) is the no bills ever one, so I never have that problem.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    GamerWii312GamerWii312 Posts: 383 Member
    edited November 2011
    How I deal with the repo-man:

1. Put an assortment of cheap, useless items on the front yard
    2. ???
    3. PROFIT
  • Options
    sweetgirl12178sweetgirl12178 Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="Caitxcat;c-878078"] In my legacy household the repoman LOVED to take the shower. -_- Seriously? That's kind of a necessity...[/quote]

You know I have the same problem I had just purchased this really expensive and nice bathtub for my sim and I thought he was take that cuz it was right next to the shower but he took the shower every time and I think he one of the kids beds once too but lately he just takes the shower and leaves and if it doesn't cover it he will go in the kitchen and take the sink or the dishwasher but the last few towns I have he always goes in and takes the shower
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2019
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    In my legacy household the repoman LOVED to take the shower. -_- Seriously? That's kind of a necessity...

You know I have the same problem I had just purchased this really expensive and nice bathtub for my sim and I thought he was take that cuz it was right next to the shower but he took the shower every time and I think he one of the kids beds once too but lately he just takes the shower and leaves and if it doesn't cover it he will go in the kitchen and take the sink or the dishwasher but the last few towns I have he always goes in and takes the shower

Oh, sounds annoying.Wondering if it might be value based to equal your bills re.Might want to ask the folks over on the tech support.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/technical-discussions-en
    Its much more active over there, this thread's been dead for a while, so I'm not sure if
    any of these folks are still around.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I too love to take a shower every now and then. :heart:

Yeah, this is a very old thread. :wink:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends I'm going to close this off as it's been quite inactive for a long time. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top