Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding cake - don't trust the caterer to do it!

[b]Tip: make the wedding cake yourself BEFORE planning the wedding[/b].

I hired a caterer believing it would make a wedding cake for me like other caterers have done at other events I have planned. However, the caterer I got did NOTHING! She had access to a kitchen with everything she might need but she didn't cook or bake anything. I don't know if I just got a horrible caterer or what happened, but since weddings are one time events and important I would advice to not make the mistake of trusting the caterer and simply make a cake yourself before the wedding. Then at least you have a cake and a possibility of getting a gold medal on your event.

Xoxo,
Zubiila :)

Comments

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Zubiila wrote: »
    Tip: make the wedding cake yourself BEFORE planning the wedding.

I hired a caterer believing it would make a wedding cake for me like other caterers have done at other events I have planned. However, the caterer I got did NOTHING! She had access to a kitchen with everything she might need but she didn't cook or bake anything. I don't know if I just got a horrible caterer or what happened, but since weddings are one time events and important I would advice to not make the mistake of trusting the caterer and simply make a cake yourself before the wedding. Then at least you have a cake and a possibility of getting a gold medal on your event.

Xoxo,

Same here! Ruined the wedding and I ended up reloading my most recent save and doing it again!
  • Options
    MissElorriMissElorri Posts: 27 Member
    Same here, I had the time to coke myself the cake before the end of the wedding. Bob Pancakes never cooked anything X) He only added some decoratives hearts on my cake loll :)
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I have yet to have a caterer actually cook food. I don't even bother booking one.
  • Options
    GlossellaGlossella Posts: 93 Member
    My caterers never make anything. They just start making tons of garden salads, then they stop and go do something else. They never finish a single one, so I just have tons of unfinished food laying around.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I have started using the buffet and fountain from the party pack for my weddings. No caterer or pianist - and was able to get a gold metal on one of them. I always used to have a back up cake as sometimes the caterer did make one sometimes not.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I almost always have this problem at birthday parties; the caterer fails to make a cake and I have to rush in at the last second and try to make one in time. Having a spare cake at the ready is a great idea.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I never trusted, and that's why I've always had one cake ready before the party.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    This happened to me once. Before I realized my caterer did not even bake a wedding cake the time was about out. I think I got a bronze or silver because of that. What the heck.
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I used to make the mistake of removing the cake topper. Hey, stop laughing, it's something you have to do in RL. I couldn't figure out why my newlyweds couldn't fulfill the 'take the first piece of cake' requirement. I came to the forums to find out what I was doing wrong. And, that's when I found out removing the topper was bad news. The game sees it as an ordinary cake, rather than a wedding cake without the topper. Face/palm. But, yeah, I made the mistake of anticipating the caterer would bake the cake. In full panic mode, I had the groom rush into the kitchen and bake the cake! Happily, before the timer ran out on the reception! But, just barely. Phew!

I've never worked a party so hard in my life. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Uuuugh. SAME. In my legacy save (so ALL the money was hard-earned. NOT cheated in) I spent about 3,000 simoleons on a wedding and the caterer made ONE dish. ONE. Crab tortellini or something. The caterer then started preparing 5 other dishes that she never completed, so there were half-prepared bowls and vegetables on cutting boards ALL OVER the kitchen and dining room. One of them was a white cake. But like I said she just kept starting more dishes. And the worst part was I couldn't take control over her to fix anything >-< I was so angry.

--

It doesn't make it any better that the groom peed himself just before the couple's vows and I didn't have time to re-rally all the sims via group conversations back to the wedding setup outside.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Can u make you own wedding cake? How do you get the option to come up?
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I had Pancake Bob as mine and he made nothing, but pancakes one time...

🐸🐸🐸🐸 bob catered my wedding too. I don't even know if he made anything. Granted, my wedding was at a park so idk if there's a thing I can buy for them to make them bake stuff but I was still annoyed. I got a silver wedding score because I didn't have a cake. Not my fault, Maxis.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cakes have the option to place a topper or candles on the cake after it is placed on a surface.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I only use caterers as an extra guest if I'm low. But they are just awfull at their job the one time they actually cook the caterer made 4 pancakes and one eggs and toast and this was at night. Then she kept putting the meal on the floor.
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

If you sims cokking skill is higher enough you can bake any of he cakes and add a wedding topper to it to make it a wedding cake
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    It only took me one wedding to realize the cater isn't reliable I always get my best cook up early enough and in kitchen I cook all the phone and store it in the fridge until the wedding and I make sure all my sims are well fed so they don't eat the wedding food. I still hire a cater just for the effect.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Cakes have the option to place a topper or candles on the cake after it is placed on a surface.

Ty... I have aging off...and haven't had birthdays or a wedding yet, didn't notice you could do that with cakes.
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    I never use caterers since they do nothing! I always make my own food and cake, don't trust NPCs in this game!
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Open the fridge menu or stove, click cook, and a white, chocolate, or hamburger cake comes up without any skill whatsoever
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    Zubiila wrote: »
    Tip: make the wedding cake yourself BEFORE planning the wedding.

Xoxo,

I've been having that problem with every event. The first few i did the caterer was great, made a bit too much food, but still, it was fine. Now I can rarely find them. If anything they just start food, then wonder off to do something else. At my last wedding I had to rush a sim with fairly low cooking to m make the cake praying the whole time it wouldn't start a fire. They are very pointless, especially since sims will often just go to the fridge for left overs rather then eat the fresh food that is out.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    this is why I make sure to have family members be skilled up in cooking and bartending so they're able to do it..in the future..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    I learned that one the hard way. My caterer actually did cook. She made so much food that my sims had leftovers forever. But not one single cake was made until I sent the bride in to do it herself.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top