Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Still Wont Stay In Hot Tubs!!!!

Why after months since it was released will my sims still not stay in the hot tubs!!! waste of money buying them if they wont use them or stay in them. Thought there was meant to be a fix within a patch? My game is up too date and seeing no change.

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    It is fixed...but if your sitting in it alone they won't stay forever. Once the fun meter is up they will go off and take care of their other needs.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Mine wknt stay for very long either... Honestly I didn't even realize it was a bug but... Durrrrr.... Seems to be one haha
    I usually send multiple sims in together to talk and hang out, most times the guests will stay, but my household sims get in and out all the time, they just won't stay still. Or I'll tell my household sims to chat with a guest, and they'll get out of the hot tub and go back in...
  • ErikTErikT Posts: 59 Member
    My sims rarely go in the hot tub autonomously. I tried putting a big screen TV next to it since they seem to like TV, but they just came out and stood next to the hot tub to watch. It was sad.
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    I still have this issue, they get up in 5 seconds and run to change into a robe. I'm showing it on the picture. They won't sit in there even 5 minutes. Help please.
    GWoNLcl.jpg
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • Nidian_Smith123Nidian_Smith123 Posts: 1 New Member
    My game is up too date and seeing no change.
    edited December 2017
    I believe I have this issue already very long time. My game is up to date too. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Alira wrote: »
    I believe I have this issue already very long time. My game is up to date too. :)

Hello @Alira
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If you have the mod that can’t be posted about in these forums, it can cause this issue.
    The only cc I have is couple pretty shoes. I do not use any big mods, especially those that can't be posted about in these forums.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    The only cc I have is couple pretty shoes. I do not use any big mods, especially those that can't be posted about in these forums.

Hello
    Try selling the hot tub and buying a new one, then test to see if the issue remains.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I still have this issue, they get up in 5 seconds and run to change into a robe. I'm showing it on the picture. They won't sit in there even 5 minutes. Help please.
    GWoNLcl.jpg

Let SimGuruArvin or Nick know.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    If you don't keep them busy they will get out when they're ready. That is when they feel good.
    It's not a bug.

If you give them company in the hot tub and que up stuff then they stay.

Or make a club who only promote hottub usage and nothing else.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I gave up on Hot Tubs and Pools. My Sims ask for them and after get them they never use them. Total waste of money and space.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Ironically, I made a Hot Tub club and they rarely leave the tub.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've noticed that my Sims have been using the hot tub a lot more autonomously, which makes me happy because they never did before. They stay in for a good bit of time. Or as mentioned above, if there are other Sims in there as well, even longer.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • InkyLabyrinthInkyLabyrinth Posts: 1 New Member
    It is 2020, I just bought the Perfect Patio stuff and am having this issue STILL. I really don't understand why it's still an issue, and why there isn't a "hang out in hot tub with..." action. I wouldn't have bought the pack if I knew I could get a free, also semi-functional one a few days later.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My family of 7 sat in the hot tub the entire sim day haha. I have their needs cheated to stay full though so they didn't need to do other stuff to fill them. I hadn't even told them to get in