Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie Fashion Police >.<

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    What is it about GeekCon and people not wearing pants?

The "no pants thing" during GeekCon happens because the clothing generator is applying the wrong type of clothes, I think it tries to give the sim a full body outfit and then a top.

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Why, game...just why.
    08-03-19_6-50-32%25C2%25A0PM.png
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Apparently this counts as high fashion for vampires during a heatwave. *facepalm*

dchef0q.png

Everyone knows that roaming around in a bathrobe is the best idea in life when you have hit rock bottom. This vampire is just channeling Will Ferrell in Old School.
  • olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2019
    BDbQRa7.png

He was constantly talking to himself. 😂😂
    What an excellent choice for snowy weather sir!
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    My sim once bought a festival shirt while wearing a two-part outfit and it replaced her full body casual dress instead - revealing her salmon panties. They should check if the target outfit can be replaced and not the current one.
    When it comes to hot weather outfits I'd suggest remove any accessories that might keep you warm (gloves/socks/leggings) without adding any other stuff (except brimmed hats/sunglasses).
    As for those weirdos (like in the post above), those are intended.

p.s. in one of my own threads I posted some fashion suggestions - would be nice if someone checks for any faux pas there
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I'm loving these :D

I haven't seen too many crazy dressed townies yet, but there was one that kind of freaked me out. I don't have a screenshot available to post right now, so I will try to describe.

I have a family with four babies in one save. The parents both worked full-time outside the house, and when the babies went to daycare, they would always come home starving. That's when I hired a nanny. The nanny just sat around playing on the computer, so I fired him. Tried getting a new one, and they sent the same one :p . At least the second time he was more useful.

One evening he took a bath in their house, and when he came out, he changed into this red and black striped sweater and a fedora. He reminded me so much of Freddy Krueger from the old Nightmare on Elm Street movies. It was so creepy having him hang around, so I fired him again. He still comes over hoping they'll let him visit.
  • LukasCreatesSimsLukasCreatesSims Posts: 75 Member
    cool! :D
  • TaratagoreTaratagore Posts: 15 Member
    Long time lurker first time commenter , feels funny heh , awesome photos here
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh dear....Why is it that the premade hot weather outfits don't make sense?
    07-27-19_2-09-05%25C2%25A0PM.png
    07-27-19_2-10-32%25C2%25A0PM.png
    07-27-19_2-14-46%25C2%25A0PM.png
    07-27-19_2-22-37%25C2%25A0PM.png
    07-27-19_2-37-02%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Salim Benali was the worst culprit for a hot weather fashion faux pas.

I feel like I've actually seen someone wearing the second outfit in my town IRL in the summertime.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    After reading through this thread, I've started noticing some badly dressed townies. No really out there outfits, but it's kind of fun to spot them.

Out of curiosity, how do you change a townie's appearance, especially the ones who don't have a home listed?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    After reading through this thread, I've started noticing some badly dressed townies. No really out there outfits, but it's kind of fun to spot them.

Out of curiosity, how do you change a townie's appearance, especially the ones who don't have a home listed?

If you have MCCC installed, you can right-click on them and choose "Modify Household in CAS", or something like that, I believe.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @CaprianaB go to manage worlds. The map with marker symbol.on the top right menu. Click on the manage household symbol. The silouhette of 2 people in the top right menu.You can then edit any household in the game whether yours or not and regardless of whether they have a home or not. Click on the pencil to enter CAS.

If you do edit them they are moved into your households tab. Just click the blue heart to move them back to the other household tab.

You can also combine households in manage household mode and marry or give townies children within CAS.
    Thank you! Bookmarking this thread in case I decide to do this in the future
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    olvrbsn wrote: »
    BDbQRa7.png

He was constantly talking to himself. 😂😂
    What an excellent choice for snowy weather sir!

That's because nobody wants to chat with an insa.. I mean erratic pantyhose leprechaun in the park in the middle of February with subzero temperatures.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    It's the random tourist clothes apocalypse! Run to the hills!!
  • BelphegorCatBelphegorCat Posts: 10 New Member
    Good God, I'm loving this thread so much!

I'm constantly seeing terrible outfits on the premades and the generated townies, but I think it's gotten worse with Realm of Magic because the situational outfits are hilariously awful XD
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Here is one that is more annoying than funny.

Q4NAF8j.png

it happens every night in town.
    Hoverael wrote: »

Q4NAF8j.png

:o
    What pack is that costume from?
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »

Q4NAF8j.png

:o
    What pack is that costume from?

City Living, it is under full body.

Every night about 90% of the townies wear this outfit in san myshuno. :D
  • heauxfinityheauxfinity Posts: 94 Member
    SGjd3FV.png
    Judith Ward going out in a blizzard...
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    One of my favorite threads

I need to get more pics of my townies hahaha
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Oh Mila Munch - not sure this is how you should cosplay................

Dt17OMx.png?1'

@Hoverael I have never seen so many gather in the one spot - do they have a club?
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »

Dt17OMx.png?1'

@Hoverael I have never seen so many gather in the one spot - do they have a club?

I think there is a bug with the cosplay outfits, because I've seen so many naked cosplayers at Geek Con. But still, that is hilarious.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Becka28 wrote: »

Dt17OMx.png?1'

What's on her head?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top