Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite world(s)?

I'm thinking of possibly grabbing Dragon Valley, because I love fantasy and it looks very fantasy-ish, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Midnight Hollow seems cool, too, but I don't know much about it. What's everyone's favorite world(s) and why?

Comments

• Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sunlit Tides is great, but I only use it for vacations (it doesn't have much space for new lots.) I also like Montevista and Aurora Skies, those are my favorites. :) I like the scenery, the nature and the quietness, they're so beautiful. *-*
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    At the moment Sunlit Tides, and also Bridgeport. Although it's the only ones I have other than the base Sunset Valley and Riverview.

I love the quality of the beach, sea and sand in Sunlit Tides and the beautiful houses and scenery. All the little details to explore and admire.

I like the city life and lights with bars and lounges and nightclubs. Two very different ends of the spectrum there, which keeps things entertaining.

Supernatural and Midnight Hollow are on my wishlist for next worlds to get, as I love something different and unusual.
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Well, tastes vary. As for Dragon Valley, it is charming if you want a quasi-Celtic setting to play in, but I find the pastel-skinned people rather odd after a time. I started my Generations family there, but once the kid aged up to Teen, I moved the family to Monte Vista.

Monte Vista was my first Store world. It can take a while to get around as it is rather spread out, but the look is amazing. Someone on the design team really worked hard to get the feel of Tuscany just right. Only shortcoming with it is that I don't have World Adventures so while I can grow grapes, I can't make nectar - which I would want to. Also, the olive trees are merely ornamental, not gardening assets.

I am currently playing in Hidden Springs, and like it a lot in terms of geography and layout, but some of the design choices in venues and homes are not to my taste. The mountain town feel is lovely, though.

Top of my list for taking a theme look and knocking it out of the ballpark, however, is Roaring Heights, which is based on 1920s art deco style with a layout and color palette based on Miami's South Beach district. Interior layouts are a bit odd for me (I like open floor plans) but absolutely right for the period, as are the somewhat unusual and period-appropriate design choices. Example, linoleum flooring in the kitchen of one starter home is astoundingly ugly - but also looks just like linoleum flooring I have seen that really did date to 1924 or so!

Every town has it's good and bad points, though, and for me part of the fun is making a town over to suit my own style of play. But Hidden Springs, Monte Vista and Roaring Heights are my top 3 in no particular order.
  • Options
    CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    Roaring heights is my favorite all-around world. Although it's not as fantasy oriented. It's the last store world, and they really killed it. Midnight Hollow is a close second. The overall design and aesthetic is very well done, although the world itself is a bit dark. The store is my favorite pc of all the worlds by far.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Monte Vista is my number one of the worlds I've downloaded so far. The Tuscany feel and look of the world are just wonderful and it's soooo pretty! This is a world that was really created with care by the team

I just recently downloaded Sunlit Tides. I was hoping to find a beach themed world that didn't crash my game like Isla Paradiso does. Jackpot! Sunlit Tides is a big world and it really has a Hawaiin feel to it. I'm enjoying one of the premades in the world (her name is Kaila but I can't recall her last name right now) and just having a great time exploring. Sunlit Tides would be my second recommendation.

I do like some aspects of Dragon Valley, in fact, I like a lot of things about it and really does have that fantasy feel the OP mentioned. However, the world is really dark and that bothers me after awhile.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    snurfles wrote: »
    I just recently downloaded Sunlit Tides. I was hoping to find a beach themed world that didn't crash my game like Isla Paradiso does. Jackpot! Sunlit Tides is a big world and it really has a Hawaiin feel to it. I'm enjoying one of the premades in the world (her name is Kaila but I can't recall her last name right now) and just having a great time exploring. Sunlit Tides would be my second recommendation.

Yes, absolutely. Only caution there is that the water is too shallow in many places for boating or windsurfing. But the island itself is lovely and has a great Polynesian feel.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I haven't tried out many of the custom worlds yet, but am curious about them. I've seen Roaring Heights featured in some LPs and love the look of it. I also am a big fan of fantasy so Dragon Valley looks interesting to me, but I'm sure I'd need to mod it up a bit to remove cars and computers and things like that to give it a proper "ye olde" feel.

I usually like worlds that have lots of extra space to plop down some extra lots if needed. I've always loved the autumny-look of Appaloosa Plains, but was annoyed that anytime I found a good spot to plop down an additional lot, there were thick fences around all the streets in those areas making it impossible to add them in and use them so you really were limited to just what the world came with by default. Riverview, on the otherhand, was quite easy to add extra lots to, and I still quite enjoy using that world, even if it's considered a "classic."
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    Aurora Skies is my go-to world, I love the colours and the landscapes. However, I heavily edited mine to fit in all the expansion pack goodies, so mine is very little like the original.

I also really like Twinbrook. It's really scenic if you take the time to pan the camera around :)
  • Options
    amethnwamethnw Posts: 114 Member
    Starlight Shores is my favorite to date. I'm from Southern California and it reminds me of home. I like having a little city-feel with access to a warm beach, and the architecture is great too IMO. :)
  • Options
    TashaGoesMewTashaGoesMew Posts: 47 Member
    I love Aurora Skies. It's probably my favorite, but I'm also very fond of Sunlit Tides & Midnight Hollow.
    My Origin ID: SomeGeekyGirl
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Riverview!

Besides the fact that it's free, there's a lot of space for me to work with. I only wish I could flatten that area on Riverblossom Hills Drive and maybe one or two other areas to add more lots. If Riverview was a beach town I would probably mainly play my families there.

I loaded Riverview one time, before I started using mods. I added tons of residential lots and moved in my favorite households from other worlds. I added clubs and bars from Bridgeport with a large park I created in the center. I gave it a big pool, a laundry mat, more restaurants, and whatever else I could at the time and that town was bustling!

I wanted (and still want) it all in one town/city and I had it for a while. Then I noticed story progression started killing people off and eventually my PC died well, fried.

I want to get into CAW but I'm procrastinating so hard, lol. It just looks and feels so overwhelming.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    WintyrWintyr Posts: 241 Member
    I like a lot of the fantasy-medieval playing, so I'm playing a lot of custom worlds, mostly Praaven and Cotes d'Ambonnay. When I do play an EA world it's Moonlight Falls. I definitely recommend getting Dragon Valley, just because I like having the items/architecture that comes with this pack.
  • Options
    astarta77astarta77 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2015
    I LOVE Isla Paradiso & Montevista. Also like Moonlight Falls, there's a lot of fun here.
    As f/ custom worlds, my favourite are Luxor (creator Wasset Aseskara) and Qianli Jiangshan (creator Qingshuang Tongzi).
    Luxor is a combination of the modern metropolis and Egyptian legends. This city has it all - skyscrapers, resorts, night clubs, and all that your sims need for their career and comfortable lifestyle. If your family is interested in adventures, you can explore ancient catacombs and the archaeological sites where you can find valuable artifacts. Luxor is populated.
    Qianli Jiangshan is WONDERFUL Chinese world, with Chinese-style houses, public lots and catacombs. You can start your Far East adventure even without visiting Shang Simla. :) Unpopulated.
    Unfortunately these worlds are not working on slower computers. Therefore, you need a decent PC to run them.
  • Options
    jSashajjSashaj Posts: 13 New Member
    Definitely Monte Vista. It's such a beautiful world and I love how the sky looks at sunset.
  • Options
    joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    Corinini wrote: »
    Roaring heights is my favorite all-around world. Although it's not as fantasy oriented. It's the last store world, and they really killed it. Midnight Hollow is a close second. The overall design and aesthetic is very well done, although the world itself is a bit dark. The store is my favorite pc of all the worlds by far.

I second Roaring Heights, I only just bought it last week and have been playing it as often as I can. I have made a few customisations and I'm working on adding a few store venues like the bakery. I also found a few routing issues and some of the lots need fixing but over all it's so beautiful, love the beach and the lighting and the art deco style.
    I took the pledge
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's hard for me to pick a favorite. I like Moonlight Falls because it reminds me of home, but there is something about each world that I like a lot. It really depends on my mood. Dragon Valley is perfect for when I feel like playing a fantasy medieval world. Midnight Hollow is so much fun to play quirky and different sims. Aurora Skies is so beautiful, and so is Monte Vista. I'm hoping I'll be able to get Roaring Heights soon because I love the worlds that have a historical touch to them. They're all amazing, and so much fun to play.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    I adore Midnight Hollow, but many don't like it because it's so dark. The exact reason many don't like it is the reason I love it! I haven't played much in any world though.

Dragon Valley is also beautiful. I also like Lunar Lakes and it's sci-fi on the moon vibe. :)

It really depends on what you are interested in though.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited October 2015
    My favourite EA generated worlds which I have and use are (best to worst):

1. Appaloosa Plains - I love the continuous autumn aesthetic.
    2. Hidden Valley
    3. Moonlight Falls
    4. Isla Paradiso - Although until I find a proper fix for this world I can't use it as it's too laggy
    5. Riverview
    6. Roaring Heights
    7. Bridgeport
    8. Aurora Skies - This would be higher on the list but the odd glitch with the snow being dark really bothers me.
    9. Sunset Valley
    10. Lucky Palms - I admittedly rarely start a game here as there are too few family homes on offer. I have to heavily modify it before I use it.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    For me it depends on my Mood..

Right now- I have a Family in Monte Vista- I am really liking it. I have Seasons- Its Beautiful in Winter..

I also Have a Supernatural world open too The One that comes with Supernatural- I get the name confused with the supernatural one sold in the Sims 3 Store..

I love to build I am making the "Munsters " house. ( On cemetery grounds )...

I think its a personal thing...
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Of the world's I've played which isn't half of them, Appaloosa Plains and Hidden Valley are my favorite. I love the country feel of Appaloosa Plains, not to meeting my favorite season is fall. Hidden Valley is also fun and quite pretty.

I've also grown to like Bridgeport quite a bit, although it's sheer size and length it takes to get from one place to another can be annoying.
  • Options
    MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    I have recent got back into playing S3 and Dragon Valley is quite a good town in my opinion. I appreciate that the designers left a lot of empty lots so players could set down lots from expansions and the Store, which I took liberal advantage of. There's also a fair bit of ocean area to lay down diving spots and a hidden island or two. It's made a good world to set my Silmarils (sims based on LotR RP) in.

I want to try Midnight Hollow, even if it is dark. I like Moonlight Falls and I would like to see of Midnight Hollow is an even spookier sibling of it.

I have fond memories of Lunar Lakes, Appaloosa Plains, Twinbrook, and good old Sunset Valley, though the latter is more because it's the homeworld of Mort and Bella, who I came to adore in S3.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I like the original Sunset Valley, Dragon Valley and Midnight Hollow, especially for the sims in them, and am currently recreating them in Sims 4.
  • Options
    MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    Oh and another word, I have been playing Aurora Skies a bit of late, and I did get Midnight Hollow as well. I like the feel of both.

Can I also express a fondness for Oasis Landing? At least I like the Normal and Dystopia timelines of it, even if the latter has the periodic job of going and resetting the orbital shields. I find the way sims walk in Utopia a bit irritating though, which is why I like it less than Dystopia.
  • Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Hidden Springs and Monte Vista are my picks :)
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    My favourite worlds (in no particular order): Midnight Hollow, Aurora Skies, Monte Vista, and Dragon Valley.

Hidden Springs feels like Moonlight Falls Lite, but I don't mind it. In fact, I stripped it to the ground and used it as a base for a scene in one of my novels.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif