The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Respond as your Sim!

Comments

• ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 2022
    Dior: I’m a Straud, therefor mystery is my right hand man, and I revel with it proudly.
    To tell you the secrets of my past and current life, would be to betray that which makes me so appealing, and we can’t be having that.

The truth is, mystery is seductive, and that’s what I’m all about. It makes you interesting and intoxicating. Do you ever wonder why the good girl gets with the bad boy? It’s because he is different then what she expects in her life of being a goody two shoes, and he offers excitement in the form of the unknown. He is mysterious. If you remove that, he looses his spark, because he is utterly guessable and basic, so the girl therefor looses interest.

So my secrets will be my own, thank you very much.
    I know this doesn’t exactly answer the question, but that’s just how Dior is….somehow making the conversation about attraction per usual.

Ever had a celebrity crush?
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    Danielle: It's more than a crush. She's my girlfriend, my best friend, and my soulmate. It's the pure love of two people who know each other like they know themselves and are absolutely sure fate has brought them together because they were meant for each other. Technically, Londyn isn't a celebrity yet, but she is so amazingly talented it's only a matter of time. She just finished her first acting gig and was totally electrifying. She did such a good job of pitching Salty Suds Detergent, the Director and half the film crew immediately ran out of the studio as soon as filming wrapped because they were compelled to buy some, that's how good she was!

How are things going for you at work?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hadley: Mom and Dad are both level-10 in their jobs, and my brother and I celebrated our birthday!
    Where would you take your family for a summer vacation. Dad's been talking about Sulani, but I don't know.

52167698057_9eca98b15c_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    Samphy: Hmm, that's a tricky one because my Mum and Dad love the forest and outdoors, but my sister and foster siblings love cities. We also have to make sure the area is vampire friendly as my Dad's a vampire. I can highly recommend Sulani though, especially Mua Pel'Am as I live there! It's great for nature watching. (Turns to friend) Ikkanu, you don't mind, do you?

Ikkanu: Hmm, I don't mind few tourists as long they don't bother me and are not too loud. Oh, and as long as they don't drop any litter.

Have you cast any spells recently?
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    Oberon: I’m not supposed to. But I did. I don’t know what came over me. Then The Watcher reminded me that I’m not a Spellcaster. I’m an alchemist, yes. But most importantly, I’m the Curator. Weird that I forgot that…. Anyway, The Watcher fixed it and it won’t happen again.

Does your family have creative holidays?

Elswyth: No.

How’s school?
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Ikkanu: I have never been. I was homeschooled on my island by the spirits. I, um, also taught myself a few things like modern languages, because I realised that nobody else spoke Ancient Sulanesian anymore.

Are you a traditionalist or more into modern things?
    Oberon: I’m many things. I’m grounded in the past, but see it as my calling to facilitate the present and the future. So, I guess the answer is yes.

What’s your greatest challenge in life?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yuki Behr: Being trans in high school. I realize how lucky I am to live in a place where I'm not forced to go in a girls-only bathroom. They don't have gender-segregated restrooms in my school, but nobody seems to care, because the only place pants come down is inside a toilet stall, and at the sink, all anyone does is wash their hands and sometimes check their face.

They didn't bother with urinals, and my guy friends say they prefer stalls, because urinals lack privacy, create backspray, and sometimes you have to fart. Better to have just toilets surrounded by stalls, for every need.

Wolfgang's a punk, and I'm thinking of taking him down on Neighborhood Brawl Day because he just can't seem to help himself with the personal taunting and I'm getting tired of it, but he's that way to everyone so it's not personal or about being trans, it's just about him being a rage-quitter with a rotten attitude. Maybe I'll prank his locker >:)

Do you have a rival or enemy?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Norrell (smiles wryly): Ha ha, many, but I don't think of them as enemies so much as people who need teaching a lesson. 😈

Tadeo: How does glueing an entire gang to a billboard teach them a lesson?

Norrell: Some people are too stupid to learn the real lessons they need about their behaviour so I have to make do with temporary incapacitation instead.
    By the way, Yuki, if that Wolfgang punk is still bothering you, I can see to it that he never picks on you, or anyone else, ever again. Here is my card.

Tadeo: (Face-palms) Oh gods. Norrell, this is why you get banned from places.

How would you deal with someone giving you aggravation?
    Candy Behr:
    I work in politics (sort of) as a charity organizer, so I have to be able and willing to face a lot of aggravation, like having to remain cheerful and energetic in the face of widespread bitterness, rejection, and apathy. What I have learned is, people just need and want to be heard. Nobody cares what you know, til they know that you care. The best part of my job is, that I DO care, and my work is a direct extension of my moral convictions, chiefly that we need change in our political structure, because right now, it exists to protect and promote the interests of the rich and powerful, exclusively. I live at a crossroads of both worlds, since my family was an old military family of Windenberg, and we owned the Waterlock Redoubt from right after it was decommissioned from military use, but after our grandma died, right after I graduated high school, I suddenly had the taxes and upkeep to handle on my own, plus a teen...brother, now (it takes getting used to but I love and support Yuki 100%) to take care of, so we know what it feels like to wonder how we'll pay the bills next month. Luckily I had already started in politics as an intern, and frankly, my family name and Grandma Behr's connections made all the difference for rapid advancement and the ability to find donors and spread the word about our cause.

But I am in the unusual position of knowing what it's like to be one of the haves, who is now struggling just to keep a roof over our heads.

So aggravations and how best to handle them? Kill it with kindness. Bury them in compassion, empathy, and cheer. Bring out the best in others because teamwork really is the only way forward in this world. And when inevitably, some people are just going to have a bad attitude, I have to release that from having anything to do with me, because my ability to move forward in life depends on MY attitude, not theirs. It helps to make positive social connections so that the inevitable bad apples don't ruin my own outlook on life, though.

And to Norrel, Yuki wanted to say thanks, but he actually loves Wolfgang like a bothersome brother: sometimes you want to punch him, but you never want to lose him or see him come to harm. But thanks anyway!

What change do you most wish could be made, to improve the lives of people in your city?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Ry_bread_54Ry_bread_54 Posts: 29 Member
    Onyx Ives: for people to have respect and stop woohooing loudly in the apartment next to me.

Ash Harjo: No more scammers, scammers die

Savannah Price: stop asking me if you should date someone

Sidney Price: Stop UGLY OUTFITS

Kevin Puri: more socially akward awarness

if you could move anywhere where would move to
    thats why i love nestle crunch.lsiyb4iaupkm.jpeg
    edited September 2022
    Vitora: It doesn’t matter, anywhere but here. Even if it was Port Promise in Evergreen Harbor, with all the smog around it, I would be happy as long as I had a home and funds to support myself. I would take Kat, Dawn, and Lysander with me too. We would all be one happy family, with a roof finally over our heads, and not being forced to dig through trash cans for a meal.

But if I had to choose, I think Tortosa..obviously I wouldn’t complain no matter where I made my den though. I’ve never been to the beach. It must be gorgeous…they say the water glows at night when the moon hits it.
    And to have the sand run through my toes!…yes I could definitely imagine myself living there..maybe even making a family.A husband and children, could you imagine that? Uncle Lysander and Dawn, and Aunt Kat could visit. Or they could live with us, if they can’t find anywhere else. Maybe by then, Lysander and Kat would be married! Kat and I could pick out baby names together. I think I would name my daughter after Della, if I could forget the pain of the name. Yes..I think I would.
    But anyways- I’m sorry, I was rambling…you only asked where I wanted to live, and I planned out my whole life. I apologize. I’m not usually like this, I swear, but a girl has to keep her hopes somehow.

How sentimental are you?
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Yuki Behr (he/him): Not very, I guess.

I discovered Alexander Goth and I had a vibe, but he seemed disappointed when I asked him to prom just by asking. At prom, it seemed like we weren't a thing after all. I think he expects something I just don't have. I'm exploring, and not into games and drama so I was ok with us moving on.

Maybe romance isn't my thing. Anyway, I am more focused on the practicalities of life, like my career after graduation, how Candy and I can keep the old family home secure without having to stay there the rest of my life. How to support us, and then myself, well enough to afford the surgery I need to feel like a whole man.

I need to make some serious money, so it's just as well I'm not obsessed with relationships.

I don't even know for sure who I am into as far as orientation anyway. But I would rather be practical than sentimental.

At what age did you realize your own romantic and sexual orientations?

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Benjamin Furystrykar: I guess it was when I first met you, my fair maiden.
    Shine Furystrykar: Indeed it was! You saw me on my way home from Llamacorn scouts and decided to say hello!
    Benjamin: Of course, it was when we were teens when we really explored our sexual orientation. We had our first kiss at the bluffs in Windenburg, remember?
    Shine: Yeah! It was peaceful, nothing but the sound of the waves and the crackling of the bonfire we had lit.

Benjamin: Are there any celebrities you'd rather not bump into?
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    Yuki Behr (he/him):

That Judith Ward. I don't know why, but she has a wicked witch of the west vibe. I get the feeling she'd harm small animals given the chance. *shudder*

What future do you want for yourself?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Guidry: I’m just along for the ride. Whatever life…um…I’m mean death….has for me. I’m a free spirit. Oh! See what I did there?

What’s the weirdest thing that ever happened to you?
    Tadeo: Okay, um, this is going to sound a bit far-fetched but my brother and housemates recently discovered that we have... alternate versions of ourselves in another parallel universe.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they stayed in that universe but they keep crossing over into ours and turning up in the same places as all of us. It's really awkward when you turn up at a festival to discover you're already there. Although, it was kind of fun chatting with my other self about our favourite books and games.

Leoni: It's fun but I wish mine wouldn't keep copying my style.

Norrell: Tell me about it! I look so much better in my outfits than my other self thinks he does.

Rhydia: I'm jealous, I still haven't even met my other self yet. When am I going to meet her? I really want to see how we compare.

Have you had any odd encounters recently?
    edited October 2022
    Yuki Behr:
    Not the kind I was hoping for, all those nights with the telescope. But I had a strange encounter my senior year of high school, with a young teacher. We just felt this instant chemistry, too strong to deny.

Have you ever had unexplained strong chemistry with someone, and if so, what happened?
    Post edited by ignominiusrex on
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Guidry: Chemistry, you say? Well, there was that adorable little artist in San Myshuno in ‘18, I think it was. Or maybe it was ‘17. Then, there was that very well-to-do widow in Willow Creek. She was very elegant, but I’m afraid her offspring did not approve. Then, there was the cute waitress in Windenburg…

What’s that? Temperance? Ah, well. That’s a chemistry that is best left in the past.

Anyway, nowadays I still enjoy the random flirtation, but my current life state leaves something to be desired in the relationship department. I have found a lot of satisfaction in developing closer friendships, however, and have recently discovered the joy of pet companionship.

I suppose “chemistry” can be many things, no?

Where do you go during the day?
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited September 2022
    Benjamin Furystrykar: I mainly stay at home and look after Dianthus Hall's Garden.

Shine Furystrykar: If our firstborn son, Princess Roddy Furystrykar, visits a new town or a new city, me and Benjamin will accompany him to keep him safe.

Benjamin: I'm well versed in magic, so anyone who trifles with His Royal Majesty will be turned into a random object. Including fish.

Shine: In regards to where I go during the day, I tend to spend time with my sister, Shelly Heart, who lives in Oasis Springs. I also visit my parents, Jessica and Vinny Honeydew, and my other sisters, Rebecca and Polly Honeydew when I have time.

Princess Roddy: Mummy, can I ask a question, please?

Shine: Of course you can, sweetie.

Princess Roddy: If you could be anything, what would you be?
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    Norrell: Myself, obviously. Why would I want to copy anyone else when I can have so much more fun being me?

What do you do when you're feeling down?
    Rowan: I go dancing with my friends. Well, when I say “go,” I mean I go to the backyard. And, when I say “friends,” I mean a couple of cow plants. In my backyard. But, hey! We have a good time, and I always feel better.

What one Sim world would you never want to visit?
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited October 2022
    Mint Berry: I’d visit them all because I’m materialistic. But my spouse has to come with me because I’m jealous as well.

What do you do on Friday nights?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Daniel Reed: Grading homework. *sighs* You know, it sounded so great, having the same holidays as the kiddos, but nobody told me that as a teacher I'd have to kiss my freetime on regular days goodbye from all the prep work and aftermath. It's not that I hate my job, I just wish I'd went into it a bit more preapared and less naive.

What chores do you hate?