Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck Trying to take a Picture

Hemptress143Hemptress143 Posts: 115 Member
edited June 2015 in Mods Bugs & Issues
My sims are getting stuck trying to take a picture with the cell phone, and I can take them a couple of times then they just get stuck, any ideas how to fix this?
hsfile_272820_zpsods1d6oi.jpg

Comments

• SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I actually had this issue too! Clearing my cache files is what fixed it I'm pretty sure.
    giphy.gif
  • Hemptress143Hemptress143 Posts: 115 Member
    > @Summerjase said:
    > I actually had this issue too! Clearing my cache files is what fixed it I'm pretty sure.
    I will try that, but I try to clean mine before I play.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    > @Hemptress143 said:
    >
    Cleaning cache is what I always turn to when I have issues like that. But I remember my Sims always getting stuck trying to take a photo. How exactly are they stuck? Like does it freeze when you're in the middle of taking a photo? Like when you get that thing where you can adjust the camera view and adjust filters.. Or does it freeze before you get that far?
    giphy.gif
    Summerjase wrote: »
    > @Hemptress143 said:
    >
    Cleaning cache is what I always turn to when I have issues like that. But I remember my Sims always getting stuck trying to take a photo. How exactly are they stuck? Like does it freeze when you're in the middle of taking a photo? Like when you get that thing where you can adjust the camera view and adjust filters.. Or does it freeze before you get that far?
    Before that
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If it continues to happen, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the photo issue has been fixed. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to make sure the game is working okay.

edited June 2015
    Yeah I have done all this if it keeps up I am going to delete everything and start over, Which I really do not want to do will be a very sad day..
    Post edited by Hemptress143 on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Was the photo problem with the sims freezing still there when you started the new game file after resetting the sims 4 folder, before adding back the saves and mods etc folders ? If it wasn't there then, then one of your save files could be causing problems.
    Also, sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Perhaps remove some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    I deleted some saves and took all things out of the inventory but I have not tried to take a photo yet lol will try this afternoon, have to go to boring adult things.
  • DisneyHippie1234DisneyHippie1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same issue, however it’s with the ps4 version. I haven’t saved recently and some pretty major things happened, and so I can’t close the application without losing everything. Nothing is working, besides the PS button and the thumb sticks.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    I’m having the same issue, however it’s with the ps4 version. I haven’t saved recently and some pretty major things happened, and so I can’t close the application without losing everything. Nothing is working, besides the PS button and the thumb sticks.

This is the forum for PC & MAC Custom Content and Mods users. If you are having problems with PS4 you can find help here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en