Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sectional Couches!

Need I say more?
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I was just thinking that yesterday! I need a sectional for my room.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    SunDancer17SunDancer17 Posts: 30 Member
    Maybe one with a pull out bed too?
  • Options
    thesimmerzoethesimmerzoe Posts: 52 Member
    Yes! I was making a house yesterday and a sectional couch would've been great then.
    i like dogs and the sims 2

origin: zoeleilanii
    twitter: zoelikesdogs
  • Options
    pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    I've been using move objects to create sectionals, but as you can imagine that can cause issues with sims actually being able to actually sit on them. It looks good, but is useless haha. We definitely need sectional couches!
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I want sectionals, oh and Bean bag chairs,
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Yes! I would love to see both of these in TS4! Oh and I want to thank you. I watched some of those scenes you posted from Once Upon A Time and I can honestly say that they were interesting, so I later went to Netflix and watched the first episode. I liked it! Now I'm almost half way through Season 1! I love the show and thank you for showing me to the show!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Whovian97 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Yes! I would love to see both of these in TS4! Oh and I want to thank you. I watched some of those scenes you posted from Once Upon A Time and I can honestly say that they were interesting, so I later went to Netflix and watched the first episode. I liked it! Now I'm almost half way through Season 1! I love the show and thank you for showing me to the show!

Glad you like it!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Digging up an old thread, I know, but this needs to be revisited. I could really use some sectional couches in an assortment of styles/colors. I hope we will see some soon in a pack or EP!
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I really hope they give us the modular couches. Those would be so useful in more modern builds!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Yes! Would be even better if they brought back interlocking couches from TS2! Kinda like counters :)
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2016
    They would be even better if they improved upon them like with counters and cabinets.

Section types could be:
    • Inner corner piece (preferably still useable)
    • Outer corner piece
    • Regular piece (arm-less middle/end piece)
    • End pieces (armed end pieces)
    • Backless piece (also usable as ottoman)
    • Surface piece (for a table end/centre - waiting room style)
    • Chaise/lounger piece (extends outwards permanently)
    • Recliner piece (reclines and extends out when in use)
    • Fold-out bed piece (single but use 2 together for double)

All piece could be joined as a sectional, or used individually as single-seat items.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They would be even better if they improved upon them like with counters and cabinets.

Section types could be:
    • Inner corner piece (preferably still useable)
    • Outer corner piece
    • Regular piece (arm-less middle/end piece)
    • End pieces (armed end pieces)
    • Backless piece (also usable as ottoman)
    • Surface piece (for a table end/centre - waiting room style)
    • Chaise/lounger piece (extends outwards permanently)
    • Recliner piece (reclines and extends out when in use)
    • Fold-out bed piece (single but use 2 together for double)

All piece could be joined as a sectional, or used individually as single-seat items.

Yes! That would add so much more to these!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm still wondering why this isn't in game. Also has anyone ever asked the developers why they chose to add a few holiday decorated fireplaces instead of them decorating each type of fireplace. I don't feel I should have to redesign my house for the holidays by having to change our fireplaces. I don't think this company knows how to think about anything except how to keep gating material that should've been in the game from the beginning.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Are they saving this for a future game pack or expansion pack? This should already be in game.
  • Options
    xoxoxClairexoxoxxoxoxClairexoxox Posts: 16 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I want sectionals, oh and Bean bag chairs,

Agreed!! :) :)
    ♥My Gallery♥
    emvecmq3wudm.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Look at this concept art from Cats & Dogs:
    oceanside_roomview_bathroom1.jpg
    Do you notice the sectional couch in the lower left?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Katarina4040Katarina4040 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love a sectional couch bean bags
    it would also be awesome to make story packs kind of like sims 2 PlayStation or sims moves busting out but updated like space adventure with building you already have a portal to a new planet and a story pack of the future would be cool also.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I really want big, comfy looking sectionals! I love sectionals IRL! I want a plain, solid color sectional with no weirdness going on in a bunch of different colors! I also like the idea of doing them like counters so you can make your own as long as they look like normal sofas. I don’t like the texture in the render above. I know some can cc things that are added to the game to their preferred style but I don’t use cc anymore and I’m a little tired of having to search the internet for remakes of things I just purchased just so they are more my style. Maybe my taste is too...plain or unadventurous for this iteration.
  • Options
    MachomurseMachomurse Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes!! The game needs customizable sectional couches! And throw blankets/pillows! Would also love to see a different beadspread options!!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes please. It could be done with just two sections. One tile straight and one tile corner. Then, you can create any size sectional you want to create.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I would create a sofa worm.
  • Options
    I've given this topic a rethink and if they are going to do it, do it right. Sectionals should be handled like lower kitchen cabinets.

Imagine that you click on a sofa section and along with a color swatch, you get a shape swatch. There could be the basic middle section, the inside corner section, the outside corner section, an end section that can rotate to be on either end and a section for each end that has a lounge attached so sims can rest with their legs up on the couch. C'mon Maxis, do it right.

50617802097_a05a7b8f31_k.jpg
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited November 2020
    Creating kitchen counters are a nightmare. I know first hand because I'm a CC creator.

A single cabinet is made up of 10 different meshes.
    • 5 different meshes make up the counter that goes against the wall and creates the automatic backsplash, this includes the main counter and then the outer corners and the inside corners.
    • Then you have those exact same meshes without the backsplash for when the cabinet is not against the wall.
    • And that's just for the High LOD (Level of Detail), some counters have a medium and/or low LOD, depending on how intricate the counter is, so it renders better for low end PCs. So for those, they would also have the 10 mesh objects that make up one counter.

But, that's not the hard part, the hard part is that all 10 of those meshes use the exact same texture! There is literally just one single texture for all of the counter shapes and one texture for all of the countertop shapes.

It is ridiculously tough to squeeze all of those pieces from each mesh object onto one image and keep it seamless so that the texture looks good on each shape of the counter.

I can't imagine them doing that with a sectional sofa. Now I could see them making individual pieces that showed up in the catalog to make your custom sectional and would "snap" to each other, but to have all the pieces basically be inside one object like how the counters function, I doubt that would happen.

I'm almost positive the reason we don't get more kitchen counters and cabinets is because of how complex they are to make in TS4.
  • Options
    Creating kitchen counters are a nightmare. I know first hand because I'm a CC creator.

A single cabinet is made up of 10 different meshes.
    • 5 different meshes make up the counter that goes against the wall and creates the automatic backsplash, this includes the main counter and then the outer corners and the inside corners.
    • Then you have those exact same meshes without the backsplash for when the cabinet is not against the wall.
    • And that's just for the High LOD (Level of Detail), some counters have a medium and/or low LOD, depending on how intricate the counter is, so it renders better for low end PCs. So for those, they would also have the 10 mesh objects that make up one counter.

But, that's not the hard part, the hard part is that all 10 of those meshes use the exact same texture! There is literally just one single texture for all of the counter shapes and one texture for all of the countertop shapes.

It is ridiculously tough to squeeze all of those pieces from each mesh object onto one image and keep it seamless so that the texture looks good on each shape of the counter.

I can't imagine them doing that with a sectional sofa. Now I could see them making individual pieces that showed up in the catalog to make your custom sectional and would "snap" to each other, but to have all the pieces basically be inside one object like how the counters function, I doubt that would happen.

I'm almost positive the reason we don't get more kitchen counters and cabinets is because of how complex they are to make in TS4.

Thank you for the information.