Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Thank you @divanthesimmer, @Pinmat135, @PitlordMaggie, @lizzielilyyyy, and @Simslover163 for your kind words and condolences over the loss of my cat. I appreciate it.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone, I run bookclub and we've just come to the end of this round (if you don't know what bookclub is, click here. At the moment the old schedule is up, but I hope to get started on the new one. If you want to nominate for the second round you can either message me or post in the thread here.
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hey fellow writers. Dropping in to say a quick hello. Hope everyone's week is starting off right! I also am just going to drop the newest updates on my #BuildNewcrest legacy. I have actually been productive. I have also been working on my other original work Spirit Guardian. If everything pans out I am hoping to update that one beginning next month. Decided since I am always behind I'm going to work a few post up and then I won't feel like I am so behind all the time... yay productivity!

Chapter 2.24 The Last Meal
    17_A%2BLoud%2BCrash%2BComes%2BFrom%2Bthe%2BKitchen.png

Chapter 2.25 Just Breath
    1_Mads.png

If you get a chance to read, feel free to leave some comments for me over on my thread, link in my signature below. Good luck to all you other writers as well.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Happy birthday @friendsfan367 . :) Hope I'm not too late.

hey you kept the same avi for a while.

is that my birthday present :)

kidding thanks bugsie.

for those that are confused i work weekends and bugsie liked to change avis alot so i would see one in the morning get back from work and her avi would be totally differnt.

its not still the 17th here. just after4 pm. i like this its nice and quiet . after work tomorrowi got to go to moms for the family celbration.which will be the opposite of quiet my nieces will be there.

i was right about yesterday. my nieces were loud . only outside though a first for them. their super sweet though they sang me songs that they made up themselves and made cards. my older niece helped her sister with hers my younger niece told her what to say and she wrote it.
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    Hey all, I've finally been able to return to my writing after an unintended hiatus.

Just click on my banner to get to my blog, which I've happily updated and added too.
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited August 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    my printer might be exited for relm of magic. it made noise on its own.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Anyone want to hear about the plays I saw last week?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    deleted

@NyteRose :(
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Anyone want to hear about the plays I saw last week?

Hey @MadameLee what plays did you see?
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2019

Wait - I saw the little teaser-y post, but did they actually announce it?! When and where?!

Edit: OMG I WATCHED THE TRAILER AUIGHERYJAGWHBJGVHB YESSSSSSS *runs around the room squealing*
    Post edited by Pinmat135 on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

Wait - I saw the little teaser-y post, but did they actually announce it?! When and where?!

yesterday and here on the main screen.

here's the trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=L09ld07hEVc

and here's the blog: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/realm-magic-reveal
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    NyteRose wrote: »
    deleted

@NyteRose :(
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

Edit: OMG I WATCHED THE TRAILER AUIGHERYJAGWHBJGVHB YESSSSSSS *runs around the room squealing*

my favorite kind of words gibberish. dad was fluent in it. :)
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey everyone... it’s been forever and a year since I’ve posted here. I come with a question... so in your opinion, what’s the best place to post simlit? Typically for casual legacy stuff I would do Tumblr, but that community has started to die out. I’m currently posting on Wordpress, but that’s always been quiet. A lot of Simmers have moved over to newTumbl, but aside from my use of profanity... I dunno if it’s a good fit either. So what’s your take?
  • Options
    Hey everyone... it’s been forever and a year since I’ve posted here. I come with a question... so in your opinion, what’s the best place to post simlit? Typically for casual legacy stuff I would do Tumblr, but that community has started to die out. I’m currently posting on Wordpress, but that’s always been quiet. A lot of Simmers have moved over to newTumbl, but aside from my use of profanity... I dunno if it’s a good fit either. So what’s your take?

ihaven't been around much either. i blame mom. yes cog again . (related to a ealier comment that also blamed mom) i got 3 of the 4 switch games i wanted for my birthday. so i got distracted. but i have 2 new games til rem releases. just what ayden needs magic powers he can already getme to do what he wants. lol
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Hi @TheYayToast how are you? :)

In my opinion, there is no best place to post simLit. What you can do is post on multi platforms, that's what I do. Then you're reaching to a wider audience.
    But no single platform itself gets you readers. It's all about letting as many people know your simlit is out there. I don't think tumblrs dying out just yet. There are still alot of us here.

There's also a lot of us on Twitter and that can be a good place to post links to your simLits.

Wordpress, I would say, is the best website to post simlit on because of the large simlit community, but you need to advertise it well and let everyone know it's there. There are some places on the forums where you can do that, like the writers hangout. But that's why sharing your simlit (as in the links) on multi platforms is useful.

Hope I was of some help, and glad to have you back. :blush:
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member

In my opinion, there is no best place to post simLit. What you can do is post on multi platforms, that's what I do. Then you're reaching to a wider audience.
    But no single platform itself gets you readers. It's all about letting as many people know your simlit is out there. I don't think tumblrs dying out just yet. There are still alot of us here.

There's also a lot of us on Twitter and that can be a good place to post links to your simLits.

Wordpress, I would say, is the best website to post simlit on because of the large simlit community, but you need to advertise it well and let everyone know it's there. There are some places on the forums where you can do that, like the writers hangout. But that's why sharing your simlit (as in the links) on multi platforms is useful.

I'll second the part about Wordpress. I love it to bits and also had something like three followers maximum before I plugged my legacy-style... thing on here. (Note to my followers: normal viewing times will resume as soon as I get off vacay.)
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    In chapter 7.2 of my Swanson Legacy I'm having Jane have a dream where she's been told by different Once Upon A Time show characters (Rumple's is asking her if she still wants to be a mean girl), Emma and Regina are both going to tell her that being a bad person isn't a good thing. But thing is I want to have a brief scene of Dream kid!Henry telling Jane something but I don't know what he could tell her.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    VoiYJod.png
    Hey everyone! I have a new chapter of Nightshade tonight which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    i haven't been around much either. i blame mom. yes cog again . (related to a ealier comment that also blamed mom) i got 3 of the 4 switch games i wanted for my birthday. so i got distracted. but i have 2 new games til rem releases. just what ayden needs magic powers he can already getme to do what he wants. lol

@friendsfan367 That's cool. I have been meaning to get a switch, but just haven't gotten around to it. There's so many games on it that seem super fun!

I'm looking forward to the magic pack too. I don't know if I'll create a separate save to play around with it or if I'll just add magic to my current save... But either which way, I wanna have magic duels!

@simscognito Good to be back. You were a ton of help. You really helped me think things through.

I haven't been playing much until recently and even then I wasn't playing anything that I thought people would want to read about. But now that I'm playing this family and having so much fun with the weird setting I came up with, I wanted to share.

I guess you're right on the multi platform approach. Share little bits here and there. I do also agree that Wordpress offers the most power and flexibility for the actual posts.

The only part of Wordpress that drives me nuts is the media uploader. In the past I had an awful time trying to upload pictures to it. So this time around I solved the problem. I've been reducing the size (both the heightXwidth and thus the file size) and then uploading. Now I can upload 20-30 pictures at a time instead of it breaking when trying to upload 5 at a time.

I'll second the part about Wordpress. I love it to bits and also had something like three followers maximum before I plugged my legacy-style... thing on here. (Note to my followers: normal viewing times will resume as soon as I get off vacay.)

@lillibattenberg That makes perfect sense! Thanks!
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited August 2019
    i haven't been around much either. i blame mom. yes cog again . (related to a ealier comment that also blamed mom) i got 3 of the 4 switch games i wanted for my birthday. so i got distracted. but i have 2 new games til rem releases. just what ayden needs magic powers he can already getme to do what he wants. lol

@friendsfan367 That's cool. I have been meaning to get a switch, but just haven't gotten around to it. There's so many games on it that seem super fun!

I'm looking forward to the magic pack too. I don't know if I'll create a separate save to play around with it or if I'll just add magic to my current save... But either which way, I wanna have magic duels!

@simscognito Good to be back. You were a ton of help. You really helped me think things through.

I haven't been playing much until recently and even then I wasn't playing anything that I thought people would want to read about. But now that I'm playing this family and having so much fun with the weird setting I came up with, I wanted to share.

I guess you're right on the multi platform approach. Share little bits here and there. I do also agree that Wordpress offers the most power and flexibility for the actual posts.

The only part of Wordpress that drives me nuts is the media uploader. In the past I had an awful time trying to upload pictures to it. So this time around I solved the problem. I've been reducing the size (both the heightXwidth and thus the file size) and then uploading. Now I can upload 20-30 pictures at a time instead of it breaking when trying to upload 5 at a time.

@lillibattenberg That makes perfect sense! Thanks!

OMG...tell me about the media uploader! I actually struggle with that, too (mostly due to my slow Internet, but the uploader is pretty bad, too). Actually, I had to ask @CathyTea to upload some images for me. How do you reduce screenshots' size?
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    OMG...tell me about the media uploader! I actually struggle with that, too (mostly due to my slow Internet, but the uploader is pretty bad, too). Actually, I had to ask @CathyTea to upload some images for me. How do you reduce screenshots' size?

@divanthesimmer I have Clip Studio, a drawing program for making comics. I batch import all the pictures into one story (file) and then export them under the new sizing. I make sure to keep the quality at 100%, but just change the size down to max height of I think 800 pixels. They upload amazingly fast.
  • Options

@divanthesimmer I have Clip Studio, a drawing program for making comics. I batch import all the pictures into one story (file) and then export them under the new sizing. I make sure to keep the quality at 100%, but just change the size down to max height of I think 800 pixels. They upload amazingly fast.

I'll have to try this, though it seems a little confusing to me. I plan to do a lot of writing in the upcoming months and really don't want to struggle with uploading images. :D
    phULnBI.png
  • Options

I'll have to try this, though it seems a little confusing to me. I plan to do a lot of writing in the upcoming months and really don't want to struggle with uploading images. :D

@divanthesimmer I’ll make a quick tutorial for it tonight.
  • Options

@divanthesimmer I’ll make a quick tutorial for it tonight.

Oh, thank you! You don't need to, but I'll appreciate it.
    phULnBI.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top