Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Have Kyle and Duke finally gotten together??? Find out in the new chapter from my story The Diary of Kyle Robinson.

suRdkSd.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Have Kyle and Duke finally gotten together??? Find out in the new chapter from my story The Diary of Kyle Robinson.

didn't you just tell us what happened? :) sorry thats me saying i missed you.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Hey guys just a reminder...

tumblr_pt1c4sng8E1wkuvbxo1_1280.png

...Sims Pride is still scheduled for June 15th so you have until the end of tomorrow (like midnight GMT-4) to give me sims! Follow the linked page! But fear not, this is coming back in August too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I'm trying to figure out what rumours could Leah's Mom have about her (I can only think "Black Widow") and why would she be yelling at her daughter for practising magic in the backyard?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited June 2019
    Shadami wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    https://hereandnowordpress.com/

So.....I did a thing :)

It started out with me just playing sims in between writing and then I started to realize that I was essentially creating storylines as I played so I decided to make it into a story! I've never really done a story revolving around families, so this should be fun :). I'm hoping it can be like all those legacy stories on here (with the kids aging and all that). Also I've always wanted to do a story in Brindleton Bay since it's so pretty :D

Side note----this means I'm taking a break from Metro for a bit. I've been writing that story for almost two years now so I figured I could try to branch out more and try something new! I hope everyone likes it! I'm almost done taking screenshots for chapter one

I am trying to find a follow button for your blog but can not for the life of me D:

Idk :disappointed:

Maybe it has to do with me having 2 sites on one account? Sorry, i dont really know how wordpress works. Maybe try following through my main blog "metro"?

If you still need help with it here. You can actually have follow buttons on two websites on the same account (I keep all of mine on one account) :)

To enable a follow button on WP (if you use the WP.com site) do this.
    1. Go to https://wordpress.com/customize/[PutYourURLHere]
    2. Scroll down to Widgets
    3. Click "Add a Widget"
    4. Scroll Down to "Follow Button"
    5. Click it. You now have a follow button.
    6. Hit Publish (at the top) to save changes.

I should do this.. I have a couple other sites and I completely didn't realize they didn't have follow buttons without a widget xD

what exactly is a widget? i forgot to ask infagreen when i saw her.

Heyyyyy sorry for the delay @friendsfan367.

Widgets are WordPress features you can put on your blog. You can find them when editing your theme and they can go on the side or on the top/bottom of the page.

4RPHenP.png

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Spilling a little bit of tropical tea ...
    [url=" https://lisabeesims.com/2019/06/11/mama-llama-considers-sulani/ "] Mama Llama Considers Sulani[/url]
    wopr4U8.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just so you know I left a link to my new LL chapter on Twitter but I'm now on mobile so I can't link it. You could also just check the WP site
    Edit: Here
    Chapter 42
    D89OT7XWkAkhua9.jpg
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    https://hereandnowordpress.com/

So.....I did a thing :)

It started out with me just playing sims in between writing and then I started to realize that I was essentially creating storylines as I played so I decided to make it into a story! I've never really done a story revolving around families, so this should be fun :). I'm hoping it can be like all those legacy stories on here (with the kids aging and all that). Also I've always wanted to do a story in Brindleton Bay since it's so pretty :D

Side note----this means I'm taking a break from Metro for a bit. I've been writing that story for almost two years now so I figured I could try to branch out more and try something new! I hope everyone likes it! I'm almost done taking screenshots for chapter one

I am trying to find a follow button for your blog but can not for the life of me D:

Idk :disappointed:

Maybe it has to do with me having 2 sites on one account? Sorry, i dont really know how wordpress works. Maybe try following through my main blog "metro"?

If you still need help with it here. You can actually have follow buttons on two websites on the same account (I keep all of mine on one account) :)

To enable a follow button on WP (if you use the WP.com site) do this.
    1. Go to https://wordpress.com/customize/[PutYourURLHere]
    2. Scroll down to Widgets
    3. Click "Add a Widget"
    4. Scroll Down to "Follow Button"
    5. Click it. You now have a follow button.
    6. Hit Publish (at the top) to save changes.

I should do this.. I have a couple other sites and I completely didn't realize they didn't have follow buttons without a widget xD

what exactly is a widget? i forgot to ask infagreen when i saw her.

Heyyyyy sorry for the delay @friendsfan367.

Widgets are WordPress features you can put on your blog. You can find them when editing your theme and they can go on the side or on the top/bottom of the page.

4RPHenP.png

its okay the reason i said i should have asked you was cause you seem to know a lot about wp.
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    I'm back, I think. This time, I brought something.
    https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2019/06/13/week-one-zero-hour/
    It's gonna get real... strange...
    41tidg8.jpg
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hi everyone. I’m back with another chapter of TDC. However, warning that this chapter tackles on some really sensitive subject matters... this isn’t exactly a happy chapter, but there’s a reason it had to be done.

The chapter can be read here:

qdHBZXo.jpg
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    > @Jessicthulhu said:
    > I think I am going to play premade families and log it on my blog. However, I was just gonna see if there are certain families in particular you all would be interested in? Some of them don't matter to me and I will ignore. (Of course the big ones like the goths and landgraabs will definitely get a place!)

Maybe the Pancakes, or Caliente?
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    > @Pinmat135 said:
    > > @Jessicthulhu said:
    > > I think I am going to play premade families and log it on my blog. However, I was just gonna see if there are certain families in particular you all would be interested in? Some of them don't matter to me and I will ignore. (Of course the big ones like the goths and landgraabs will definitely get a place!)
    >
    > Maybe the Pancakes, or Caliente?

Oops thought of this after posting XD and as a new member... rip.
    How 'bout the Karaoke, Bheeda, or Rasoya households for City Living, or Fyres or Partihaus from Get Together?
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

...Sims Pride is still scheduled for June 15th so you have until the end of tomorrow (like midnight GMT-4) to give me sims! Follow the linked page! But fear not, this is coming back in August too.

Hey. I'm not sure exactly what this entails, but feel free to download the Love Wins household on my Gallery profile. My ID is the same as my forum username. I'm still busy writing their story for the Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge, but feel free to use them however you want. It includes two guys who recently got married and their parents.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @Morningstar

Is it a TS2 world, or...?

sima3 i think.

I'm making the world in Sims 3, but the screenshot is of "Neighborhood 1" from the very first Sims game :smile:

My plan is to make a Sims 3 world that combines The Sims' Old Town & Downtown with The Sims 2's Pleasantview, Downtown and (for a better residential to commercial lot ratio) Desiderata Valley. TS2 has many of the same characters that the first game had, since its supposed to be 25 years after the first game. Several people have thought to make combo worlds from those two games for TS2 and TS3, but very few have completed their project, and I haven't seen any that do it in a similar way to what I have in mind. I'm excited :smile: I've even learned to recolor objects for the world.

I'm going to do something similar, but I'm recreating the Sims from Sunset Valley in TS4. I might do their homes too, but that might take a while. I've uploaded the Goths and Bachelors to the Gallery thus far, if anyone's interested.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited June 2019
    checking in
    za6CWt0.jpg

6adMCGP.gif

Hey. I'm not sure exactly what this entails, but feel free to download the Love Wins household on my Gallery profile. My ID is the same as my forum username. I'm still busy writing their story for the Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge, but feel free to use them however you want. It includes two guys who recently got married and their parents.

That is great @divanthesimmer, I'll take a look after work.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    After further consideration, I've decided to rewrite my Zero Hour post. I'll leave the draft up though!
    41tidg8.jpg

it should be extended to the 19. the day after the update. just my opion though.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hi y'all, I've got updates for you!

First of all, the brand new Only The Good Die Young (Young Again Wishacy Challenge) debuted officially today with the chapter -
    screenshot-42.jpg?w=736&h=414
    Day 1: Ulterior Motive

Also, this week's KCLKF chapters:
    screenshot-61.jpg?w=474&h=356
    a very distraught Kass... gotta love those Sim expressions! :D
    1.78, Pt. 2: No Mistake
    1.78, Pt. 3: No Mistake
    1.79 No Harm Done

And this week's LASL chapters:
    tumblr_inline_pt44m7NoIi1tucyhp_500.png
    Episode 3.15 Parker's Tantrum

tumblr_inline_pt44pbf0cQ1tucyhp_500.png
    Episode 3.16 More Meltdowns

featuring @LegacySims2017's Joseph Simself and @InfraGreen's Carrie Buckley

Enjoy everyone!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    I have moved the aforementioned Zero Hour post; it can now be found here.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • LariSilvaLariSilva Posts: 30 Member
    YSnNtQJ.png
    aGptHKs.png

Chapter 3 and 4 were posted yesterday for my SimLit: Life Goes On!

it should be extended to the 19. the day after the update. just my opion though.

@friendsfan367 I like this idea now that you bring it up. Plus...uh...I never considered that I'd be busy this weekend when I set the deadline.

WARNING CUTE STUFF
    20190614_191218.jpg?width=822&height=463

20190614_174556.jpg?width=260&height=463

Anyways his name is Churro :heart:

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top