Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited June 2019
    has everyone fallen asleep here? .. I might have to save sharing my next chapter until tomorrow.. @friendsfan367 @simscognito @LegacySims2017 zcBswRr.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited June 2019
    Shadami wrote: »
    FF - probably means something like you used to write regularly and than stopped writing for awhile.

Actually undecember it was a vampire story right? I'm pretty sure used to read it and it was one of the first I read. :)

On a side note. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for short challenges. I'm going to have two spares soon, one of which I'm planning to do the room challenge with. But I'm not sure what challenge to do with the other.

Haha nah, no vampires in my story... though it was fantasy, so easy mistake to make :)

As for challenges, I really enjoy the stories based on challenges you made yourself, like the Seven Sins story. If you can't find a suitable one, maybe make a simple one yourself? I know, easier said than done, but I like how fresh the ideas feel when they're a newly made challenge.
    Aww thanks! I did have fun with making the seven sins challenge. :)

Hmm hmmm. Which story was yours. I know for a fact I read something by you...
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hi everyone. I’m back with another (two part!) update of TDC. It’s important to note; these chapters are a bit sensitive in nature, and starting from here is a plotline that’s going to be... even worse. I hate having to do it, but it’s important, not just to the story but also there’s a message after it's all said and done.

With that being said, here’s the chapters.

mRWeU3k.png
    hsxzdzA.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    new chapter!!

iCXVnEU.jpg
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited June 2019
    introverts-legacy-challenge.png?w=1024&h=636
    Hello, Writer's Lounge Peeps! Hope you are all doing splendid! I started a new story and a new challenge. I'm excited to announce/debut my brand new original Introverts Legacy Challenge. I haven't started a challenge thread yet in the forums for it, but I'll let you know when I do. Mostly because I'm still working out the rules, and I'm writing for me (but of course, I want to share with all of you)!

cover-2.png?w=1024&h=421
    The story is: An Introvert's Guide to the World and follows Aspen Beckett from my Christmas story last December, as an INFJ in Hidden Hollow.

cover-chapter-1.png
    If you want to read some of the backstory and the reason for this challenge, you can click here. Or you can just jump to the first chapter: Divine Detail.

I've been contemplating a single story thread for my Sims stories (both TS3 and TS4) here in the forums instead of multiple threads for every story. I don't know if it's worth it or not, but it's hard to keep up with creating a new thread every time I create a new story. :/ Random side note...

...and continuing with 6 degrees of separation... the next chapter in LASL... warning: sad things! :'(

01-25-19_9-20-05-pm.png?w=740&h=416
    this chapter features submitted Sims @Bugsie2016's Bugsie (and we finally get to see her former partner), @LegacySims2017's Joseph (party crasher :p ), and @TheYayToast's Ash (for the first time in awhile with some big news!)
    Episode 3.13, Pt. 4

Enjoy!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hello, Writer's Lounge Peeps! Hope you are all doing splendid! I started a new story and a new challenge. I'm excited to announce/debut my brand new original Introverts Legacy Challenge. I haven't started a challenge thread yet in the forums for it, but I'll let you know when I do. Mostly because I'm still working out the rules, and I'm writing for me (but of course, I want to share with all of you)!

cover-2.png?w=1024&h=421
    The story is: An Introvert's Guide to the World and follows Aspen Beckett from my Christmas story last December, as an INFJ in Hidden Hollow.

cover-chapter-1.png
    If you want to read some of the backstory and the reason for this challenge, you can click here. Or you can just jump to the first chapter: Divine Detail.

I've been contemplating a single story thread for my Sims stories (both TS3 and TS4) here in the forums instead of multiple threads for every story. I don't know if it's worth it or not, but it's hard to keep up with creating a new thread every time I create a new story. :/ Random side note...

...and continuing with 6 degrees of separation... the next chapter in LASL... warning: sad things! :'(

this chapter features submitted Sims @Bugsie2016's Bugsie (and we finally get to see her former partner), @LegacySims2017's Joseph (party crasher :p ), and @TheYayToast's Ash (for the first time in awhile with some big news!)
    Episode 3.13, Pt. 4

Enjoy!

@AdamsEve1231 Ooh your challenge sounds really interesting.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    i'll try and update tomorow. it would have been tonight . but i picked anthony. oh hes fine but both faith and anthony . got ear infections.

it will make more sense tomorrow cause i got busy and so did anthony and anika so now theres2 anthonys. the little one got a ear infection too . big anthony and anika have allergies.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    That challenge intrigues me. I can never remember what my personality type is though xD so I took the test again . . . To be honest I probably get a different answer constantly based on the tests but I'm intrigued. I got ISFP-T .
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    That challenge intrigues me. I can never remember what my personality type is though xD so I took the test again . . . To be honest I probably get a different answer constantly based on the tests but I'm intrigued. I got ISFP-T .

I try and answer one extreme or another (unless I genuinely can't identify with one side or the other or I truly feel neutral on the subject). I'm more honest with myself as an adult than I was as a teen. Also I believe personality can shift over time or by certain circumstances. I was more of an ambivert as a child. Life experiences and traumas can cause a shift too. I have to remember to answer based on how I actually am not how I perceive myself or how I want to be. The only fixed letter in my lifetime has been N... Intuitive.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I've heard of therapy changing Myer-Briggs alignments too. Obviously if you're trying to combat social anxiety then you'll probably score as less of an introvert. Mine only stopped being so extreme because I've been using drinking and events as my coping mechanism for...stuff...so it's not all great.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone just stopping by :) I'm still doing well but I don't really have time for simlit these days. There are actually only two stories I read regularly anymore (Hey @InfraGreen, yours is one of them :D ). Anyways, hope you guys are all doing well :) Glad to see this lounge is still full of peeps :)
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Hi everyone just stopping by :) I'm still doing well but I don't really have time for simlit these days. There are actually only two stories I read regularly anymore (Hey @InfraGreen, yours is one of them :D ). Anyways, hope you guys are all doing well :) Glad to see this lounge is still full of peeps :)

Aww, and right as I emerge from hiatus. I hope that new job is still new and exciting.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @InfraGreen I am really sorry about Bud. Hope you're hanging in there. May he get all the bones and toys he wants in dog heaven.
  • Options
    @Julyvee94: he remains an absolute legend in heaven and on earth :triumph:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Has anyone heard of using Cake Mix+pop to make a cake? Well there's a baking lady who comes in every other Thursday- and today we made a "Pop Cake" we used cherry cream soda. We drank the leftover soda and well it's not my thing-and I was still trying to get rid of the test an hour after I came home. Mom when I mentioned to her that I still have the after taste got out a container of leftover caramel icing and put some on a spoon and put it in my mouth. When I said "Yeah that go rid of the taste" and mom laughed and said "Just you" or something when I asked
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee it's a pretty established way to make lower calorie cakes (with diet soda anyways) and I respect that but every time the subject comes up I think of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rNRmmosmA

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone! How's it going?
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @MadameLee it's a pretty established way to make lower calorie cakes (with diet soda anyways) and I respect that but every time the subject comes up I think of this video:

@InfraGreen Well I never heard of it before until the lady mentioned it. We did the pop cake today
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Fum fact: I got a book of Dump Recipes.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

cover-2.png?w=1024&h=421

cover-chapter-1.png

Episode 3.13, Pt. 4

Enjoy!

@AdamsEve1231 Your new story looks interesting and I will especially enjoy it as a fellow introvert. Apparently, I'm an INFP-T, according to that test you linked.

On another note, today's the last day you can read and vote for the stories in the Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=https://lisabeesims.com/2019/06/01/monthly-simlit-short-story-challenge-may-2019-submissions-vote/
    Be sure to vote for 3 stories in each category (Veteran & Novice). Each story is truly amazing and it was tough to vote for only a few of them.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Happy PRIDE month everyone!
    tumblr_pspree8YLV1x30lxro1_1280.png
  • Options
    dropping by a few updates...

First, for KCLKF...
    screenshot-1335-1.jpg?w=474&h=356
    1.76, Pt. 3 Life and Love and Why
    1.77 Nice Day
    1.78, Pt. 1 No Mistake
    Kass enjoys a nice date or two with Davis, and learns some shocking news about Madison.

Second, LASL chapters...
    Six Degrees of Separation
    01-25-19_10-14-45-pm.png?w=740&h=416
    Episode 3.13, Pt. 5

10-13-18_10-11-38-pm.png?w=740&h=416
    Episode 3.13, Pt. 6
    featuring @TheYayToast's Ash, @Munterbacon's Munter Bacon, with appearances by John and Jude Schooner and Karleen Corey, plus the Bacon kiddos! :)

And now, resurrecting Darkness May Dream (the WP version)

tumblr_inline_oq1z32EDk91tucyhp_500.png
    Trust

tumblr_inline_oq1z83LTyF1tucyhp_500.png
    Favorite

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    > @simscognito said:
    > Happy PRIDE month everyone!

Happy pride month to you as well!

Leave a Comment