Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims on vacation with neighbours/friends, who suddenly takes off!

My sims invited their friends and neighbours to join a vacation trip. My sims were 3, the friends were 3. They are all teens.
First of all. To get the neighbour-sims to even BE NEAR a bed, my sims have to mess around with them. They get up in the middle of the (first) night, and they just walk around doing random stuff. They don't sleep.. So when the morning comes, they just suddenly take off! I didn't really see this, but my one sim said goodbye to the one friend, then I tried to look around for them, but they were nowhere to be seen. I also kept my sims in the vacation home all the time until the others dissappeared. Then my one sim went to "look for them" in the woods, but couldn't see them anywhere. They were on vacation for four days, no sign of the other sims. Guess they just went home..

I am frustrated. Why is there an option for them to join the vacation, if they're not gonna stay there? Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    That's weird. Usually Sims will sleep as soon as they get tired.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    This happened to me. I was currently having my Sim try to seduce another Sim that I placed in the game for her. I sent them on vacation together to Granite Falls and he stayed for around a Sim hour in length, then mid-hug, he cut off the conversation and said that he had to go. I tried to invite him to join my Sim but he was never on the list to choose. They’re married now but it was so mean. She spent the rest of her five-day vacation alone. Lol.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    Something like this happened to me as well.
    My neighbors sims just took off to do their own thing i would find them sleeping on random benches and such.
    But there was one sim I could not find.
    All the sims were lining up at the bathroom but no one could enter the womens side, so I thought maybe she died in there.. (she probably went home)
    I did have one sim say goodbye and i watched him leave. When i clicked him it wouldn't let me interact with him, so he went home.

But if you're wondering who is still around there is the option "call back to lodging" on your phone. It will show any sims you've "lost" that are still on vacation with you
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2015
    The only sure way to get other people to stay with your household on Vacation without wandering off back home at all is to add them temporarily to the household. Otherwise, it's just like when they come to visit your Sims at home - they stay just so long and no longer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe the invited sims don't have vacation time, so if work or school time rolls around, they leave.