Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 crashing

geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
I don't know what's going on no more. I just can't get past day 2 with any new game I create and I'm getting real tired of the same old routine with the Medina family in IP.

I have a lot of NRaas mods installed to work around the many bugs that make the game unplayable. I removed the archways at Ichtaca castle and moved the door to the front, deleted the lots and their base of the Medina, Scott, Amigo families and Rubisel Ichtaca and moved their families to a different lot, and I bulldozed the combined school/stadium and replaced it with an ordinary stadium and planted the school on a random 64x64 residential lot that I converted into a community lot.

Here's what happens:
Sims 3 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

If it's not this then the game just freezes. This is what Errortrap churned up:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<NRaas.ErrorTrap>
<ModVersion value="100"/>
<BuildVersion value="0.2.0.209"/>
<Installed value="BaseGame, EP1, SP1, EP2, EP3, EP4, SP4, EP5, SP5, EP6, SP7, EP7, EP8, SP8, EP9, EP10, EP11"/>
<Enumerator value="1"/>
<Content>

-- Correction Logs --

Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.SkillMeter
SimDescription Removed: Bryon Patterson
SimDescription Removed: Somer Grimm
SimDescription Removed: Bridgett Ledbetter
SimDescription Removed: Lashanda Cathey
SimDescription Removed: Jeffrey Shirley
SimDescription Removed: Rosemarie Arellano

Loaded Assemblies:
 NRaasAntiMagicScroll: Version 9
 NRaasErrorTrap: Version 100
 NRaasHybrid: Version 9
 NRaasMasterController: Version 132
 NRaasMasterControllerCheats: Version 132
 NRaasOnceRead: Version 13
 NRaasOverwatch: Version 118
 NRaasPorter: Version 42
 NRaasRegister: Version 80
 NRaasRelationshipPanel: Version 20
 NRaasRelativity: Version 23
 NRaasRetuner: Version 10
 NRaasSecondImage: Version 5
 NRaasTraveler: Version 86
 ScriptCore
 SimIFace
 Sims3GameplayObjects
 Sims3GameplaySystems
 Sims3Metadata
 Sims3StoreObjects
 StoreObjectsCowPasture
 StoreObjectsFixerCar
 StoreObjectsPhoneTableMidCModsuite
 StoreObjectsPriusPlugin
 StoreObjectsRollerCoaster
 StoreObjectsTractor
 StoreObjectsTreeOfProsperity
 StoreObjectsZoe
 System
 System.Xml
 UI
 VelocitygrassBluePrintHelper
 mscorlib
</Content>
</NRaas.ErrorTrap>

Help me! My game is unplayable and after 4 days of the same thing I am losing my patience.

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited April 2015
    @igazor op need help with NRaas thanks!

someone has fixed the routing issues in IP if interested
    https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/isla-paradiso/
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    OP already has a post with their IP world horrors and the various things we've suggested going on here; she already has EllaCharmed's fixed world: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829356/still-awaiting-for-ea-to-fix-sims-3/p1

@geekgirl101 - Generally, the procedure for getting assistance with interpreting script error reports is to zip or rar them together and upload them to NRaas with an accompanying new thread post, not to paste them into the body of forum thread.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload (free registration required to upload and post)

But this one is easy. That's just a routine cleanup log from ErrorTrap doing what it's supposed to do, it's not really an error. By the time ET gets a hold of objects and sim descriptions to delete, the objects and sims themselves are already long gone from your game and it's just handling the leftover useless pieces of data that need to be cleaned up. That wouldn't make your game freeze or crash all on its own.

You might be onto something though when you noticed us talking about bulldozing lots with gravestones on them in that other thread. The game might not be reacting well to the sudden incomplete deletions of (dead) sims like that.

I do have to say I'm impressed with how much effort you've been putting into make the Isla Paradiso world work for you. I probably would have thrown in the towel by now and found another tropical world with resorts to play in...or taken my sims elsewhere for a skiing/winter wonderland holiday instead.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you, and yes this is a separate issue to the number of horrors I've already been suffering with IP. The lag was a frustration even with all the suggested fixes, but this time it's totally unplayable even with a brand new game. Doesn't last 10 minutes before each new game locks up or crashes to desktop.
    Do you get different results if you start up a new game in a different world?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully you did not delete any tombstones or lots with graves cause if you do you will crash like a bird carrying a truck.I did not take time to see the lots you bulldozed but again deleting graves/tombs any changing of townies IE weight eye color genetics in general = crash ...using moo could be fine but that third Mooed item could = crash kinda like a bee sting you could get stung 40 times then 2 years later number 41 kills you.I do not know what you do in game but people do things they think are harmless but they are very harmful.Besides your townies are the glue of your town they are programmed to fill jobs and maintain balance I do add townies but never rid of them, I hate Judy Bunch and love SV but never ever will I delete her she has a role.Now if you describe everyday gameplay I would be able to say" Ohh theres your problem"
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Changing townies' appearances and genes shouldn't harm a game. Just don't delete them except through means that safely do it (i.e. Master Controller's Total Annihilation).
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2015
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Changing townies' appearances and genes shouldn't harm a game. Just don't delete them except through means that safely do it (i.e. Master Controller's Total Annihilation).

You are correct it shouldn't...but it does

As is using reflections on in a game..it shouldn't but it does :/ ever watch Sims youtubers videos like Quxxn and lots of others during videos they always seem to mention "oh I turned off reflectons because X" X is game froze,crashed etc so many things in this game if done correctly little fixes and everyone will not have issues outside of the obvious being low end hardware.

And this alien technology everyone speaks of how do you say..Mods? I do not use them I have nothing to control,no Sims to fix no need for any of it.Am running all expansions,all the entire Sims 3 Store,all Worlds all stuff packs but KPST and outdoor living stuff.And on a laptop that was not made by NASA.I just know EA for the most part made a pretty perfect game aside from a few things and I love bashing EA but am not going to lie and say the game is a mess.Pets exp..kinda sloppy,IP world shoddy but the rest is nice aside from poor design carrying over in waterborne craft form instead of cars.Think parking spaces but on a aquatic level.Abandoned boats etc.Will bash where it is due but 80 percent of complaints in forums about BLANK being made wrong etc are indeed false.Stuff works great not all but Huge majority.Not here to list mistakes but help by pointing out small things players do in everyday games that are harming saves and gameplay in general.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Reflections involve a lot of extra rendering, so yes, it can cause performance issues for some people. I wasn't able to have reflective water until I got a gaming PC. It wasn't to the point of crashing, but dear god, the slowness!

As for the editing townies thing: I'm not saying "what a shame it happens." I'm saying "it doesn't happen in my experience and I want to see where you're getting that from."
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited April 2015
    It's kind of a losing battle with the purists, but I do admire how they play their games.

MOO = bad unless you are just fusing decor objects together that no sim will use or setting up a pose and quitting without saving
    Reflections = game resource intensive, and even game-breaking if you have two reflective objects set directly across from each other generating infinite reflections
    Deleting sims using testingcheats, shift-click = game-breaking, absolutely

All sound advice and certainly there should be no arguments on any of the above.

But...
    Editing or TAing townies = This sort of thing may well change how a town progresses and make some things different from what was originally put into motion, but it doesn't break anything related to gameplay when done properly.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    LOL! I've posted before on here that a million different people will give you a million different solutions! I DELETED the Scott, Medina, Ithica and the Romantic and the Prince families and their respective houses- DELETED AND GONE- houses and people! I've also changed numerous townies in numerous different worlds to make them more attractive AND from stuff like werewolf, vampire and especially (ESPECIALLY!) zombie to human! The big change I made to IP though, that really made a difference, was shutting down the resorts I was not actively using. Fixed a lot of problems and no crashes since doing so. There's a lot of auto spawning going on with the resorts all at the same time that causes freezing and crashing nearly every time on it's own- throwing in the auto update stuff from online friends in the upper right corner and it's a guarantee for crashing. As well, from what I can honestly see landscaping causes problems and landscaping is everywhere on IP. I had a great resort going and then I just started overloading everything with plants in every spare space and suddenly lagging and freezing. I pulled back and deleted a bunch of it and it went back to normal. Just my two cents in case you want to try everything (EVERYTHING-LOL) that has worked for other people.
    edited April 2015
    Without mods my game is unplayable, with mods my game is unplayable. My complaints aren't false or to troll, they're a real issue which is ****ing me off because all I want to do is play with what I paid for. Without the mods sims get stuck regularly, cars are left littering the streets, and that causes lag and regular hangups, and eventually you end up with an empty town because they don't repopulate properly. EA didn't get renowned as one of the worst gaming companies for nothing.
    edited April 2015
    ok maybe it does belong in the other post since this is about IP, don't think there's a copy and paste topic into 1 feature.

And 🐸🐸🐸🐸.!!!!! I just witnessed a sailboat manned by a ghost leave the ocean and "sail" onto the road then it disappeared causing the game to hang for several seconds, lol! I wish I frapsed that.
    :D I saved the game just before the boat incident and managed to take an ingame video of it! I'm uploading it onto youtube right now.
    edited April 2015
    Sorry I took my time, fell asleep (it was 5.25am for me and youtube was taking its sweet time uploading a 20 second video.) Here it is:

https://youtu.be/tXy57dgM8AA
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Yeah my sims swim in from the ocean, up the beach and into their house boat all the time. Then they swim around the living room. But, you know that's the Sims- There's a mother in Lucky Palms where I'm playing right now that just leaves her baby lying out in the desert. As far as fixing IP you can try the suggestions above. I used IP for a while and there was an occasional lag but nothing major or unusual after trying some of the fixes (I didn't use any mods for it) and no crashing.
    Just noticed, this got moved to General Discussion. EA won't answer issues of game stability but they'll move the topics to another forum.
    InfraGreen wrote: »

You are correct it shouldn't...but it does

As is using reflections on in a game..it shouldn't but it does :/ ever watch Sims youtubers videos like Quxxn and lots of others during videos they always seem to mention "oh I turned off reflectons because X" X is game froze,crashed etc so many things in this game if done correctly little fixes and everyone will not have issues outside of the obvious being low end hardware.

And this alien technology everyone speaks of how do you say..Mods? I do not use them I have nothing to control,no Sims to fix no need for any of it.Am running all expansions,all the entire Sims 3 Store,all Worlds all stuff packs but KPST and outdoor living stuff.And on a laptop that was not made by NASA.I just know EA for the most part made a pretty perfect game aside from a few things and I love bashing EA but am not going to lie and say the game is a mess.Pets exp..kinda sloppy,IP world shoddy but the rest is nice aside from poor design carrying over in waterborne craft form instead of cars.Think parking spaces but on a aquatic level.Abandoned boats etc.Will bash where it is due but 80 percent of complaints in forums about BLANK being made wrong etc are indeed false.Stuff works great not all but Huge majority.Not here to list mistakes but help by pointing out small things players do in everyday games that are harming saves and gameplay in general.

I have to disagree with you. Fact is this game likes some computers and not others. I have played this game on a few computes. This game happens to love my gaming laptop and did not play as well on other computers I have played. I have never used mods. I have seen people with high end desktops that have issues. I have seen people with low end integrated graphics that can play this game and all eps when their computers should not be able to play the game. This in general goes with the sims 4 too. There are many of us where the sims 3 plays better than the sims 4 and visa versa for others.
    Sorry I took my time, fell asleep (it was 5.25am for me and youtube was taking its sweet time uploading a 20 second video.) Here it is:

https://youtu.be/tXy57dgM8AA

I wish this happened in my game LOL I dont play IP but I have and my sims always got stuck in the boat on the water and I had to reset sim because they could not get on land
    edited April 2015
    I have to disagree with you. Fact is this game likes some computers and not others. I have played this game on a few computes. This game happens to love my gaming laptop and did not play as well on other computers I have played. I have never used mods. I have seen people with high end desktops that have issues. I have seen people with low end integrated graphics that can play this game and all eps when their computers should not be able to play the game. This in general goes with the sims 4 too. There are many of us where the sims 3 plays better than the sims 4 and visa versa for others.

Now you come to mention it I seem to remember a similar issue with Sims 2 many years ago. People used to say that having a faster and more powerful machine would cause the game to stutter and break because it couldn't keep up with the high end technology and in some cases using an FPS limiter to slow things down made the game run more stable. Mine has always been a little short of top end tech but maybe it's just too powerful for a Sims game?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I once recorded a video of my Sim in Barnacle Bay. She autonomously decided to clean up this lot. That meant running around collecting dirty clothes. I became aware of this activity when I saw her, with a hand full if dirty laundry, happy
    , running on water and heading out to sea. I watched her for a while. She just kept running Out to sea. I didn't want to lose her and she was a long way out at sea. I told her to go home. She dropped the laundry and ran back to shore and got a taxi home. She was completely exhausted by then. It was funny to watch. It happened a month or so before IP was released.
    Just in case it helps here's a link to my recent dxdiag:

http://www.geekgirl101.org/DxDiag.txt
    Just in case it helps here's a link to my recent dxdiag:

http://www.geekgirl101.org/DxDiag.txt

Your card is older so its possible you might need to replace the card if its giving out but have you been playing with Vsync? You should if your card is fine

you need to add the TS3W file to Nvida control panel. Through your Nvidia control panel, under manage 3d settings. program settings, click add and then browse, go to computer C, to program files x86, to origin games file, to the sims 3 file to the game file to the bin file. In the bin file you will find the TS3W file . One you add that file scroll down to vsync option and put vsync on. This will keep your fps at 60 otherwise the game will run your video card way too high.
    edited April 2015
    Wasn't so old when I bought it lol. Only a 3 year old machine and I think Sims 3 was released 9 years ago?

Anyways, giving that vsync option a try.
    edited April 2015
    Wasn't so old when I bought it lol. Only a 3 year old machine and I think Sims 3 was released 9 years ago?

Anyways, giving that vsync option a try.

vsync should help. The 500 series cards came out a long time ago. Nvida is now on 900 series LOL . The 570 card is a good card but like any video card gets wear and tear over the years. I have a 700 series card that I have had for a year but the card came out like two years ago. Not using google The 500 series I would think came out about 5 years ago so its older technology than the newer cards but stil 500 series should be able to play the sims 3 as long as your card is in good condition.
    vsync didn't help much but I have noticed it no longer crawls on speed 3 like before (still stutters with the lag though.)