Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods Folder/Resource File Not Regenerating

kxthyxkxthyx Posts: 3 New Member
I'm desperately looking for some help to fix this problem. I've already made a thread over at the subreddit for The Sims seeking help and they directed me here.

I am trying to add custom content to my game. Nothing too major, just eyelashes and stuff along those lines. At one point in time, I was able to have them. I played the game with them once and the next time I started the game, nothing was showing up.

I uninstalled and reinstalled my game completely, but the Sims 4 subfolder in Electronic Arts folder was not reappearing so I had to go to my recycle bin and restore it just to be able to play the game.

If I move my Mods folder onto my desktop from The Sims 4 folder, the Mods folder does not reappear in the Sims 4 folder after I start my game up to make it regenerate.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, works and I'm about to just give up.

Please help?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Your Sims 4 folder will not regenerate until you start the game the first time. I suggest removing the folder that is in there now, start the game, then exit. It should give you a nice, clean folder, with an empty Mods folder. Copy your mods from your old folder into the new folder. If you have saves you want to restore copy them into the Saves folder. There may be one autosave in the Saves folder just from starting the game, but you can delete it. If you have downloaded Sims, houses, or rooms, copy the data from your old Tray folder into the new Tray folder.

Hope this helps.
  • kxthyxkxthyx Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2015
    >Your Sims 4 folder will not regenerate until you start the game the first time. I suggest removing the folder that is in there now, start the game, then exit. It should give you a nice, clean folder, with an empty Mods folder. Copy your mods from your old folder into the new folder. If you have saves you want to restore copy them into the Saves folder. There may be one autosave in the Saves folder just from starting the game, but you can delete it. If you have downloaded Sims, houses, or rooms, copy the data from your old Tray folder into the new Tray folder.

I have restarted it for the first time. I have done all of the things you suggested. It does not regenerate.
    Hmm. You're looking in (My) Documents/Electronic Arts? Just checking.
  • kxthyxkxthyx Posts: 3 New Member
    > Hmm. You're looking in (My) Documents/Electronic Arts? Just checking.
    Yes.
    Well ... I'm at a loss. Every time there is a patch, I pull my folder out before patching and generate a new one after patching. It's always worked. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top