Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Massaging the meat wall or washing clothes in the wash tub increases fitness skill.

Not anymore. New bug washing clothes... fitness is not increasing...

It still did for me two days ago...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Massaging the meat wall or washing clothes in the wash tub increases fitness skill.

Not for me for weeks now. All dlc, no mods...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

@telmarina Fitness increased for a sim using the washtub in my game yesterday. Vanilla game.
    calaprfy wrote: »

@telmarina Fitness increased for a sim using the washtub in my game yesterday. Vanilla game.

What? I have beem trying everyday and it doesn't in my game... the bar doesn't move and it never showed in the skills menu...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you impregnate a female sim who is not in your household, they will call when they have given birth and tell you the sex of the baby.

If you have GT, you can put two sims into a romantic relationship. Have them both present then use the "Hook up" interaction on one of them. That sim will then offer the other sim a rose and if they accept, they are then an item.
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    Kalyps0 wrote: »
    @I didin't know that if a male sim gives birth to twins and one is an alien but not the other, he can breast feed the alien infant but not the other despite being born from the same pregnancy. Apparently he produces special alien-only milk ...

... I didn’t even know that male sims can breastfeed. Alien milk?

I’m starting to feel dizzy.

Male sims can breastfeed when the pregnancy results from an alien abduction. But I wasn’t aware that they could breast feed them if their pregnancy resulted from woohooing with an alien. So I guess it’s an alien thing.
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    @Kalyps0

Reminds me of the 1994 movie "Junior". :D:D:D

Cfa5bpl.jpg

:D So true!
    Oh that film came out so long ago!
    I didn't know that these beautifull effects showed up when kids play with the Get Famous shark lake...

cwYwYVh.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    @Kalyps0

Cfa5bpl.jpg

On a funny game-related side note, when I first got Sims 4, my original NPC 'maid' looked like Danny DeVito, heh heh! :D

"Who are you coming into our house?!!! :o

"I'm the maid."
    raME8Mb.jpg

On the topic of things I didn't know; I didn't know you could change the 'random' townie service NPC'c to a character that you want. All you need to do after making them is put in the appropriate skills, then release them back into unplayed NPC mode. You can 'evict' them when finished to 'not in world", you don't need to have them living anywhere.

So far I've made or tweaked my own:
    -Maid (Completely new) (Not in world)
    -Repairman (Tweaked) (Lives in Oasis Springs)
    -Butler (Tweaked) (Not in world)
    -Nanny (Completely new) (Not in world)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited August 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    @Kalyps0

Cfa5bpl.jpg

On a funny game-related side note, when I first got Sims 4, my original NPC 'maid' looked like Danny DeVito, heh heh! :D

"Who are you coming into our house?!!! :o

"I'm the maid."
    raME8Mb.jpg

On the topic of things I didn't know; I didn't know you could change the 'random' townie service NPC'c to a character that you want. All you need to do after making them is put in the appropriate skills, then release them back into unplayed NPC mode. You can 'evict' them when finished to 'not in world", you don't need to have them living anywhere.

So far I've made or tweaked my own:
    -Maid (Completely new) (Not in world)
    -Repairman (Tweaked) (Lives in Oasis Springs)
    -Butler (Tweaked) (Not in world)
    -Nanny (Completely new) (Not in world)

That's awesome! : :D
    edited August 2020
    I didn't know you can have Alien/Mermaid/Spellcaster/Vampire Hybrids.

Downloaded a household from the gallery to check it out. Sure enough, they have all the abilities of all four occults.
    They also have most aspirations and traits.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I knew that sims could multitask, but not that they could eat and work on their university presentation at the same time. Normally, when they get up to something else that involves their hands while eating (which mine attempt occasionally), they end up putting the plate down and not doing anything because it proves too complicated for them.

But yesterday, when I told my university student to have dinner first and work on her presentation afterwards, she decided to do both at the same time. I didn't think she was actually making any progress on the presentation because her hands were still busy holding the plate and the food while she was looking at the board, but a minute later the game notified me that the presentation was good to go.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    When you send a text message or phone another Sim, and they happen to be in the neighbourhood, they'll stop to answer the phone.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    love this feed!!!
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    xomwWFc.jpg
    ^^^ from 2015
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    I didn't know the Forum Rules changed

What has changed in the forum rules?
    Serious and honest question. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Admiral8Q

It was divided into 5 threads, now it's one thread :p

Efficient. Easier to read. :)

A thing I didn't know until you mentioned 5 threads, now it's one thread with 5 posts...

5?

Fifth Element? Leeloo?

Clever!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    @Admiral8Q

It was divided into 5 threads, now it's one thread :p

I just noticed your profile picture has a face mask
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    When you send a text message or phone another Sim, and they happen to be in the neighbourhood, they'll stop to answer the phone.

Interesting. I’ve been giving out in previous discussions about the ‘fact’ that they don’t do that anymore in TS4. My sim was in his room talking on the phone to some girl and in the meantime she just kind of stood at his door, no phone in her hand, just waiting to get invited into his house. Maybe she happened to have special powers and I have to try again! I always liked it in TS3. 🤔
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Sims either love or hate fruitcake, upon tasting it for the first time they will either get a disgusted "What did I just eat?" or a happy "fruity delicacy" moodlet.

Sims who love fruitcake gain "enthuse about fruitake" interaction and will get a +2 happy moodlet everytime they eat it. Unless they're overeating it and geting that "too muh junk food" negative moodlet.

Sims who hate fruitcake gain "complain about fruitake" interaction and wil get a -2 disgusted moodlet.

It also seems the probability of a sim liking fruitake is pretty low but you can save the game before tasting it and come back to that save if you didn't like the outcome after the first taste.
    Happy simming!
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2020
    Fridges in the same lot share inventory so you can store a dish in the fridge at the kitchen and have any sim grab a serving on any other fridges avaliable.

The only exception are the "Cat Loves Food..." and the "Lithe Cold Retail Freezeer" from GTW. I allways use them in my dorms' common rooms at DU to avoid non household sims (dorm mates or flatmates) from grabbing servings.

Also, the "Corporate Fridge Raider Revenue" vending machine (GTW) doesn't work on dorm lots (DU), whih is a shame.
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member

Interesting. I’ve been giving out in previous discussions about the ‘fact’ that they don’t do that anymore in TS4. My sim was in his room talking on the phone to some girl and in the meantime she just kind of stood at his door, no phone in her hand, just waiting to get invited into his house. Maybe she happened to have special powers and I have to try again! I always liked it in TS3. 🤔

I think that may be because they were on your lot. When I noticed this it was only a couple of weeks ago and the NPC sim was doing a random walk by in the neighbourhood.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020

I think that may be because they were on your lot. When I noticed this it was only a couple of weeks ago and the NPC sim was doing a random walk by in the neighbourhood.

Oow....
    That makes complete sense. The lot.
    He should’ve just hung up then. It broke the immersion.
    I’ll try it next time and make sure the recipient isn’t on the lot (although she spawned during their conversation.)
    Thanks for clarifying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top