Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I didn't know that when your sim gets bitten by a vampire they'll have puncture wounds on their neck until the drained moodlet wears off.

I wish they kept these
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I just found out that kids who have an F or D in school can do "Make up homework". I've always had kids with loads of skills and good grades so I've never seen this before lol.

I've never seen kids or teens go below C. There's something I didn't know!

If they have an F for too long they can get taken away by cps. I believe they can start low if they aged up with really low toddler skills

The only time I have played a teen and they have an F in school is my runaway Princess sim, and she lives alone, maybe that's why I didn't know they can be taken away

If I have a teen I dont want to go to school I just call in fake sick ( most of the time she was actually sick )
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I didn't know that you can order a cat to chase birds, they will come back with a bundle of collectionable feathers and if you collect all you get a prize.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2020
    I didn't know teens could also be roommates.

It gives me the idea of a group home for teens : 1 adult (guardian) and 7 NPC teens (roommates).
    With GP05 Parenthood, the guardian could teach Character Values to these teen roommates thanks to EP08 Discover University.

With the Mentor reward trait, the guardian could improve their skills.
  • OsnsnapitzharleyyOsnsnapitzharleyy Posts: 13 New Member
    I didnt know that sims could get put on academic probation and suspended in discover university. I ended up kicking out half of my sims kids after they got suspended.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    @LeGardePourpre What's the maximum 'roommates' you can have in a household of say 8 'normal' sims?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Admiral8Q

I read 10 sims max, for example 1 played sim + 9 NPC roommates.

What if you have 8 sims in the household. Then another 9 as roommates?

This will be interesting to test. Hmm...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Ok I misinterpreted it. Basically a maximum of 10 total Sims, up to 8 of which would be regular household members.
    How many Roommates can I have? Up to ten total Sims, though this doesn't relax the 8-sim household limit. If you have a full 8-Sim household, you can actually still have two Roommates.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

I had created a Cosplay club from the Get Together pack and when I had one of my played sims go to a meeting, the one in the Darth Vader suit, well, I discovered that his voice was muffled while wearing it, as in the helmet was causing it I assume, that is something I didn't know before.

Pt8loL0.jpg
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    Maybe this is well-known but I have managed a couple of times to realize really early that my sim is causing a fire while cooking and I can just cancel the cooking action and make them walk away (calmly) before they freak out and proceed to die. Sometimes relying on firemen actually killed my sim because they just talked to ppl outside my house instead of, you know, extinguish the fire that is killing the sim.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    For anyone who needs to know and see:

you CAN sell earbuds. Put them in the world, enter build mode, and sell them for like 200 simoleons.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    You also can sell them via multiselect.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2020
    I didin't know that if a male sim gives birth to twins and one is an alien but not the other, he can breast feed the alien infant but not the other despite being born from the same pregnancy. Apparently he produces special alien-only milk ...
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2020
    I didn't know that the things you download form the gallery are stored on the tray folder using this rule:

This are the files of a downloaded Sim:

0x00000000!0x00a90badca12210c.Householdbinary
    0x00000001!0x00a90badca12210c.trayitem
    0x00000013!0x0da90badca12210d.sgi
    0x47c49802!0x00a90badca12210c.hhi
    0x47c49803!0x00a90badca12210c.hhi

The text between the x and the . are the "Name of the file" the unique identifier 00a90badca12210c
    ____
    The only difference is the sgi image, If I guess correctly this is Sim Gallery Image or something like that.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Yukio behr has ginger hair ( I found out when her child, grand child, great grandchild and great-great grandchild have all had ginger hair )
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Kalyps0 wrote: »
    @I didin't know that if a male sim gives birth to twins and one is an alien but not the other, he can breast feed the alien infant but not the other despite being born from the same pregnancy. Apparently he produces special alien-only milk ...

... I didn’t even know that male sims can breastfeed. Alien milk?

I’m starting to feel dizzy.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    If you gift the Grim Reaper a knitted Grimmie from the Nifty Knitting pack, it works like an anti-aging potion and resets your sim’s current age bracket.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Lisamango0 wrote: »

you CAN sell earbuds. Put them in the world, enter build mode, and sell them for like 200 simoleons.

Or, if you have Eco Living, just chuck them into the recycler.

On that matter, Eco Living - Knitting crossplay: sims with the Maker trait get the positive 'maker' buff from knitting as well.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    @Kalyps0

Reminds me of the 1994 movie "Junior". :D:D:D

Cfa5bpl.jpg
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Massaging the meat wall or washing clothes in the wash tub increases fitness skill.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    @Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    @Kalyps0

Reminds me of the 1994 movie "Junior". :D:D:D

Yeah me too...That movie also completely messed with my head. :s
    I prefer Terminator 2.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I did not know that some sims suffer motion sickness from swinging on the swings. Took me a bit to figure out what was going on. I can sympathize.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Massaging the meat wall or washing clothes in the wash tub increases fitness skill.

Not anymore. New bug washing clothes... fitness is not increasing...
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Lisamango0 wrote: »

Also, after having your Sim put them in the world and entering build mode to sell them, you can alternately drag them to a yard sale table with moveobjects on and sell them that way for a bigger profit, if you mark up prices. One thing I've noticed too, your Sim will receive a replacement set at some point later on for free again. At least my Sim did. It's a nice glitch if your Sim needs simoleans even if a bit cheaty since you could technically just keep selling them and get another set over and over.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top