The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 20 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

GTW so far

I'm in the UK, and I will get Get to Work tonight(yay!!)
I was wondering how everyones games are going so far? The retail, doctor etc..
✿ simflowerr ✿
✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿

Comments

  • SimsSocietyInfoSimsSocietyInfo Posts: 33 Member
    Same here, I'll probably start working on a retail business. :)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,186 Member
    simflowerr wrote: »
    I'm in the UK, and I will get Get to Work tonight(yay!!)
    I was wondering how everyones games are going so far? The retail, doctor etc..

    I'm having a blast so far. I'm playing a previous saved file of a household of 3. My main Sim is a doctor, level 5. Her mother and YA daughter, are running a Retail shop. I haven't run across any aliens in this particular game, but I experimented with them in CAS on a previous save. I think people with really like them (for those that like supernaturals). The doctor career is really fun...during the work day, my Sim probably only sees 2-3 patients. There's a lot to do to get a 'compelling' diagnosis.

    The retail portion is amazing. I loved OFB, & I thought that maybe the Sims not waiting in line with shopping bags would be an issue, but for me, it's really no big deal. I have so many customers in my store, that ringing them up by tablet is extra convenient. My store has clothing, custom paintings, furniture, etc. It's basically a little bit of everything LOL. I ran a few advertisements & got the business perk 'serious shopper' and business is booming. Trying to manage an active career, my 3 Sims, plus a business is definitely challenging. Once my doctor gets to level 10, I will then start someone else in the household in the detective or scientist career.
  • Gabby18Gabby18 Posts: 89 Member
    I'm having a blast so far too. I'm doing the Detective career, I like it! I'm level 2 and I can get my own case and find clues/take pictures, interview the victims and at the end arrest a Sims! (hopefully you arrest the right Sims..) and then book them! Also interrogate them and hopefully they break and tell you why they did and you can put them in the jail and the case is closed!

    Also sometimes you need to go on patrol and keep the neighborhood save!
    Origin ID: FallenAng3L91

    sims4_zpsjvn3eqfy.png
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    edited April 2015
    > @Sul5ul said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm in the UK, too, so waiting for tonight. I can't decide what story I want to play, and in which career/retail business etc.

    I think I might go through each job with each generation in my family, so I get more time for each of the careers.
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    > @Joe_Parkinson76 said:
    > Same here, I'll probably start working on a retail business. :)

    Sounds good! Be sure to post/send some screenshots of your business :)
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
  • SimsSocietyInfoSimsSocietyInfo Posts: 33 Member
    > @simflowerr said:
    > Sounds good! Be sure to post/send some screenshots of your business :)


    Yep, definitely - not long now. (less than 3hrs) :)
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > simflowerr wrote: »
    >
    > I'm in the UK, and I will get Get to Work tonight(yay!!)
    > I was wondering how everyones games are going so far? The retail, doctor etc..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm having a blast so far. I'm playing a previous saved file of a household of 3. My main Sim is a doctor, level 5. Her mother and YA daughter, are running a Retail shop. I haven't run across any aliens in this particular game, but I experimented with them in CAS on a previous save. I think people with really like them (for those that like supernaturals). The doctor career is really fun...during the work day, my Sim probably only sees 2-3 patients. There's a lot to do to get a 'compelling' diagnosis.
    >
    > The retail portion is amazing. I loved OFB, & I thought that maybe the Sims not waiting in line with shopping bags would be an issue, but for me, it's really no big deal. I have so many customers in my store, that ringing them up by tablet is extra convenient. My store has clothing, custom paintings, furniture, etc. It's basically a little bit of everything LOL. I ran a few advertisements & got the business perk 'serious shopper' and business is booming. Trying to manage an active career, my 3 Sims, plus a business is definitely challenging. Once my doctor gets to level 10, I will then start someone else in the household in the detective or scientist career.

    I like how you're having so much fun with it! I loved OFB too, but I felt it became a bit repetitive just having a business and not really experiencing any other jobs, so the good thing with GTW is that you won't get bored so easily as there is lots to do! Also, it's nice there is a lot of customers! I hope you're business blossoms well! I am excited to play with aliens, as you can properly interact with them. Happy simming!
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    > @Gabby18 said:
    > I'm having a blast so far too. I'm doing the Detective career, I like it! I'm level 2 and I can get my own case and find clues/take pictures, interview the victims and at the end arrest a Sims! (hopefully you arrest the right Sims..) and then book them! Also interrogate them and hopefully they break and tell you why they did and you can put them in the jail and the case is closed!
    >
    > Also sometimes you need to go on patrol and keep the neighborhood save!

    The Detective career sounds like fun! I like how you get to have a proper say in the arrest of the person! Happy Simming!
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    > @Joe_Parkinson76 said:
    >

    I'm meant to be out early in the morning, but won't go to sleep until i've downloaded it!
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    I wasn't big on the original sims 4 and barely played it at all, bored me death. BUT, like others here are saying, GTW has been sooooo much fun. My lady is a doctor and I'm loving the experience. I think this is the best ever addition to any sims so far! Maybe it has something to do with the boredom from the original, but I still think it's the best. I greatly look forward to what is to come yet. I know ppl are disappointed that this or that wasn't added, like the toddlers but I think we'll get them back. I would like to see a better "baby" come along. The babies from sims 1 were the best. Run, don't walk, to get your GTW! ;-)
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    @MysticOne Yes, I sometimes find it quite boring and repetitive too. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I feel with the toddler situation, even though they haven't confirmed them yet, they haven't ruled them out either. The longer they spend perfecting it, the better they will be. Happy Simming!:)
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think it's phenomenal. I knew exactly what I getting into before downloading it, paid very close to promos, previews, and reviews, as well as guru comments on here, so knew what limitations would be part of the game.

    That said, despite a small world, and no restaurant style retail stores other than bakeries, I think it's extremely well done.

    The gameplay is overflowing with things to do. It can get a bit linear or repetitive, so when I have my sim very close to promotion, I stay at home and let them go on their own to pretty much guarantee the promotion that day.

    I'm currently working on the detective career. It's interesting, at the beginning the tasks get tedious, but as you level up the more gameplay unlocks and the more difficult it gets. And the gameplay is extremely realistic, my favorite part is definitely interrogating the suspect and after days and days of going through research and questioning the witnesses you finally catch the right suspect and get him to confess.

    It's a great challenge, it keeps you guessing and wanting more, the 480 items included is insane, the new hair and alien makeup are gorgeous

    My one complaint is there's some wonky glitches happening, but nothing major, and since we're in the early days, I have no doubt they'll touch those up during patches
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    simflowerr wrote: »
    @MysticOne Yes, I sometimes find it quite boring and repetitive too. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I feel with the toddler situation, even though they haven't confirmed them yet, they haven't ruled them out either. The longer they spend perfecting it, the better they will be. Happy Simming!:)

    @simflowerr Agreed. It would make sense to have theme type expansions, ya know. This one was loaded to the max with career type stuff, not to mention tons of objects, clothing, etc. You're right though, the longer they spend perfecting is all good! Happy Simming too :)
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    > @pottergoose said:
    > I think it's phenomenal. I knew exactly what I getting into before downloading it, paid very close to promos, previews, and reviews, as well as guru comments on here, so knew what limitations would be part of the game.
    >
    > That said, despite a small world, and no restaurant style retail stores other than bakeries, I think it's extremely well done.
    >
    > The gameplay is overflowing with things to do. It can get a bit linear or repetitive, so when I have my sim very close to promotion, I stay at home and let them go on their own to pretty much guarantee the promotion that day.
    >
    > I'm currently working on the detective career. It's interesting, at the beginning the tasks get tedious, but as you level up the more gameplay unlocks and the more difficult it gets. And the gameplay is extremely realistic, my favorite part is definitely interrogating the suspect and after days and days of going through research and questioning the witnesses you finally catch the right suspect and get him to confess.
    >
    > It's a great challenge, it keeps you guessing and wanting more, the 480 items included is insane, the new hair and alien makeup are gorgeous
    >
    > My one complaint is there's some wonky glitches happening, but nothing major, and since we're in the early days, I have no doubt they'll touch those up during patches

    I like the bakery aspect, it's very cute. I also like how theres a lot to do, so you don't become tired of doing the same thing all the time.

    The detective career sounds good, I think i'll be starting with that career path first! The way they've made it so you can interact more, unlike in

    TS3 Ambitions where it would tell you what to do, is much more interactive and fun.

    480 items is amazing! I haven't really heard much about the items and CAS as I got off playing TS4 for a bit. So i'm excited to see that aspect. Thanks for telling me how your game is going!
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
  • simflowerrsimflowerr Posts: 57 Member
    @MysticOne I am excited to see the many EP and GP they come out with!:)
    ✿ simflowerr ✿
    ✿ Origin ID- simflowerr ✿
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top