Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is about Create a Pattern

I was wondering about Create a Pattern is there a way to get a pattern into the game Sim 3 without making an exchange?

Comments

• caprice12210caprice12210 Posts: 369 Member
    edited March 2015
    Why am I wondering about this? What if Sim 3 is closed because of the Brilliants of Sim4.. I still want to be able to make patterns and keep the patterns that I have keep for Sim 3...I am artists..taught in college by the artist Don Lee.
    edited March 2015
    Sims Create Pattern cannot upload into my computer without going through exchange...I wish EA and Sim 3 would make improvements on it so if Sim 3 closed permanent we can still enjoy making patterns for the game Sim 3.
    edited March 2015
    I would also like for Sim3 to give me advance notice two weeks so I can get all photos patterns such photos of my Parents Mom and Dad etc before they decide to close Sim 3
    When Sim 2 was closed....I was prepared for it... was already able to play Sim 3...gotten brand new computer.
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @caprice12210, you don't need to use the Exchange to get patterns you have created in CAP into your own game.
    After you export a pattern from CAP, it places the .sims3pack file into your TS3 Export folder, ready for upload to the Exchange. However, if you copy this file from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Export to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, you can install the pattern directly into your game.
    I want to without exporting get the pattern into the game...if sim 3 is gone the website, can I still get into the game?
    export is part of the exchange...I want to do this without exchanging...does export work without the internet?
    @caprice12210, yes, export from CAP works without the internet.
    When you select Export from CAP it does not actually export the file anywhere, it just places it in the game's Export folder.
    Once you start the TS3 Launcher you would find the files in the Uploads section if you wished to upload them to the Exchange, however you do not need to do this if you just want the pattern in your own game.
    Just copy and paste your pattern file from 'Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Exports' to 'Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads' and then from the launcher install the pattern like any other download.
    I do not want to upload to internet to Sim 3 forum..
    If Sim 3 webpage is gone and closed and erase...the pattern maker does not work...to get the pattern into the game is what I am asking.
    The reason asking some of the patterns I make is old shows and most players would not know who they are or personal photo shots of me...for example.I want to get the pattern into the game without upload into the exchange...
    edited March 2015
    This is me I am in the background...

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7712516

Me, John, The Kids 3

How do this without exchanging upload into Sim 3 Forum on internet... I might want more photos of me and my family for example....I do not want the whole world to know what I look like and my family who they look like.
    edited March 2015
    @caprice12210

Let's see if I can give you a pictorial tutorial. I have done these steps while disconnected from the internet, so no internet required.

1. First create a pattern in Create a Pattern and use the Export option.

The_Sims_3_CAP_Export.png

2. Use Windows Explorer to find your pattern file (my example Test.Sims3Pack) in your Export Folder.

The_Sims_3_CAP_Export_Folder.png

3. Drag this file from the Exports Folder to the Downloads Folder.

The_Sims_3_CAP_Downloads_Folder.png

4. Now you can install the pattern in your game from the Launcher.

The_Sims_3_CAP_Install.png
    Put the game pattern in the upload then become part of the exchange which I do not want
    edited March 2015
    I like to have personal photos of me in to the game without making an exchange the upload http://www.thesims3.com/exchange/materials Sim 3 could drop this webpage then pattern program does not work.
    edited March 2015
    I like for the program to be updated so we who have no choice but to play Sim 3 can still continue to make and use patterns in the game without upload and exchanging....I might want to make rated x photo of Alain Delon the French actor who is known for his nudity
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    I have put patterns into my game WITHOUT uploading them to the website. That is what sirguylittle is trying to tell you is that you DO NOT NEED to upload the pattern to the site in order for you to add it to your game. I have a few patterns that I didn't want to share into my game.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/236007/tutorial-how-to-share-your-patterns-how-to-get-your-patterns-into-your-game#latest
    How did you do that? I have pattern up in running. export the pattern which goes to upload and exchange.....I want to private patterns to myself and want in the game. not just on save on my computer.
    edited April 2015
    what I want the patterns such as me naked with orange hat example it is in the game without upload and exporting... what do I click on? saved just adds cluttered to my computer and it is not in the game
    edited April 2015
    I understand the rules about no nude patterns to be upload and exported...most to all are kids who play this game all under the age of 21....this with an new updated program an 21 could have adult patterns in the game as misc, fabric, wood, plastic, painting,brick wall or floor or ceiling etc. My request is update program for 21 olds and older with adult patterns......
    I am 51 and I have taken computer classes at Westark community college, Fort Smith Adult Education, Tulsa Good Will....I know about computer programming...spell it out step by step....I can following along.
    Sim 3 Pattern Maker needs to be updated ....Sim 4 does it have a pattern maker?...since I cannot buy Sim 4 at Tulsa Walmart and all Walmarts. I t got my full refund for poor quality Sim4 defect game to get the refund I had to sign to never purchase Sim 4 at any Walmart this includes the expansions and Best Buy is too far away might as well be in Oklahoma City....for me.I do not have to worry about expense....Sim 3 I lack Sim 3 Diesel and the Sim 3 Bedroom Night gowns etc. they are under 25 dollars.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Go to your documents. Find the Electronic Arts folder. Open the sims3 folder. Find the export folder. Copy the patterns from the export folder. Paste into your downloads folder (or whichever folder you want to save your patterns to if you do not want them in your game). Go to your studio on thesims3.com. Delete the patterns you do not wish to share. Done.
  • flingadingflingading Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm new here, so bear with me. When I downloaded Create a Pattern my virus program (McAfee) was given (for lack of better wording) a host hi-jacker. I'm not sure how all this works but I think that means it stopped McAfee from working? Luckily I have another program which I run about twice a month and that's when it was found. I don't know if other's have had a problem or not but sometimes it's hard to tell where bad stuff comes from...but I know that is how I got it...it was called HostS01.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Something seems off about this post but here is the simple way,if you ask a question after this your post was not serious.I know this game like the people who made it.

After making a pattern no matter how adult you make it hit export, that goes to nobody but your launcher.

On your launcher go to uploads tab

On your uploads tab find the pattern you made

Check the box only just check it nothing else

This highlights a tab that says "show file"

Hit show file

It opens the folder for you where the pattern was made into a sims 3 file

Double click that it will install it into your game.Nobody elses just yours.

That is it,simple easy.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif