Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guru's, I need some information

https://youtu.be/Adxg61_MLyI

@SimGuruGraham @ Everyone on the sims team.....

Hi, first I want too commend you on the brilliance and creativity that's been profoundly thrust upon such a exciting E.P (GTW)) :)

Normally I'm a lurker on twitter ...I read and move on . However, after seeing the promo trailer "still life" I have decided to break my (twitter silence) to let you know that I am now on the hunt in finding out more about the singers of the "still life" trailer..

YES...I'm serious... :o

it's a must for me <3 ..so, please can you inform me on any and all information like who composed it as well as any background (behind the scenes) info you can give me on such a wonderful heart tugging project.

Everything that's been done over the years IMO with "the sims" is highly AMAZING...but it's the little things that some would think may go unnoticed that makes me appreciate simming even more and touch bases with the same feelings years ago that those who started (the sims) had the day the very first sim character was ever created...

<3 it makes US as fans remember for many who may forget from time to time on why WE started playing this game to begin with.

Thanks,
Brsy (PoshElite)

*This was done originally to send from my twitter account (page) but as you can see it's way too long so I decided to just post it here* <3

(*Lol* oh yes, this is that serious to take the time out to hunt down all the info I can about this one little video...Hmmm this will be my new sims project ) o:) ...However, when your heart tells you to do something ...don't question it just go with it :...*remember the caption: CREATE WEIRDER STORIES * well, this will be my first of many :p *i love it* <3

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    The GTW trailers have been brilliant! Still Life was such a sweet surprise and incredibly well done.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    We need a live broadcast bad.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    @brsy I am talking to the video and music teams to get more information for you. So pleased that you enjoyed this video.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    @brsy I am talking to the video and music teams to get more information for you. So pleased that you enjoyed this video.

Aaawww thank you so much <3 and yes, I really enjoy this amazing promo so much also, I sent a message to a few other guru's on twitter and I hope to hear from everyone soon....I am so glad for your quick response and hope that the information I gather from this I will be able to share with others (who fell in love with this as well) ...

I always (from years ago) had an obsession :o on the behind the scenes of your trailers/promos and what not before this one.... however, "still life" made me break my silence on my "weird" *lol* interest...

Looking forward to learning more,

brsy, (PoshElite) <3
  • Options
    We need a live broadcast bad.

Do you mean just for GTW? well, I'm hoping we get one <3 ...I'm sure one may be in the makings as we speak (i hope so anyway) Right now my focus seem to have made another turn in a much "weirder" direction in learning more about this and other promo /trailers ...something I have always wanted to dabble more in and feel my brain up with the knowledge of what's on the flip side of the sims...

where most are deeply into knowing about the game and playing action (the finish product) and I can't lie I'm always excited about that as well but for some reason for years ...what happens before hand have always stolen my heart and the road they travel /obstacles to get to the finish product <3

still life <3 gotta love it... I don't know what it is about this particular one but something about it took me back to the day I fell in love with the series and because of this ...i need more and want to know and do more!

• Options
    The GTW trailers have been brilliant! Still Life was such a sweet surprise and incredibly well done.

Yes , Yes, Yes I totally agree and after seeing the reaction of lot's of other simmers on this video I felt a very different type of POSITIVE...a side that came out that I haven't seen around here in years...I can't explain it .....but, whatever it was or is needs further investigation *lol* so we can continue to fee this way! <3

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    brsy wrote: »

Yes , Yes, Yes I totally agree and after seeing the reaction of lot's of other simmers on this video I felt a very different type of POSITIVE...a side that came out that I haven't seen around here in years...I can't explain it .....but, whatever it was or is needs further investigation *lol* so we can continue to fee this way! <3

I agree too. It's been a lot of fun watching and waiting for these little trailers! They are a lot of fun! And I love it!
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

I agree too. It's been a lot of fun watching and waiting for these little trailers! They are a lot of fun! And I love it!

Same here <3 I hope too start something really BIG with this new road of learning new info about "Sims behind the scene" <3

• Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    Hehe. Oh, @brsy !

I do share your love of this trailer. I am also curious as to who the singers are. But, I'm too embarrassed to investigate publicly. So, thank you for doing this! :heart:
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I was saying yesterday I hope that song is in the game even if it's simmish.

• Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    @brsy you sparked something today. Read this.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Hehe. Oh, @brsy !

I do share your love of this trailer. I am also curious as to who the singers are. But, I'm too embarrassed to investigate publicly. So, thank you for doing this! :heart:

hahaha....same here but I couldn't help it I had to take a stand and just do it...and guess what? I got some results I'm so excited and it's amazing thanks to this wonderful guru <3 BChick...
  • Options
    @brsy you sparked something today. Read this.

<3<3 thank you sooo much simsgurubchick.....& Creative Director in Plumbob PicturesTodd Stallkamp <3 The Sims 4” songwriters & composers, Raney Shockne. I LOVE IT!!! and once again I love that you put that warmth back inside of me...the warmth that made me remember why I started this creative , wonderful... exciting sims journey in the first place...thank you and the story behind it made me smile..laugh & tear up all at the same time ...those mannequins are ...you! (haha) Muaaahhh (kudos) <3
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Yes I really liked this trailer. It reminded me of an 80s movie which involved mannequin that came alive at night, and there was some sort of love story involved. ( it's been a while can't recall it exactly)

I feel like the marketing team have tried to create a bunch of diverse trailers that will appeal to different audiences, while also providing some decent info this time. Much improved from the base game marketing.

Thanks @brsy enjoyed that additional info.
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »
    Yes I really liked this trailer. It reminded me of an 80s movie which involved mannequin that came alive at night, and there was some sort of love story involved. ( it's been a while can't recall it exactly)

I feel like the marketing team have tried to create a bunch of diverse trailers that will appeal to different audiences, while also providing some decent info this time. Much improved from the base game marketing.

Thanks @brsy enjoyed that additional info. [/quote

<3
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member

@cherpar It's one My All Time favourite movies starring *Sex in the city's Kim *Samantha* Cattrall and Andrew Macarthy with the late great Estelle *Golden Girls' Sophia Petrillo* Getty! Released 1987. Entitled simply Mannequin :)

Hope this helps you.. There was also a sequel 'Mannequins' but not quite as Magical as the first IMHO. :mrgreen: Ahh Nostalgia my old friend how I've missed you
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015

@cherpar It's one My All Time favourite movies starring *Sex in the city's Kim *Samantha* Cattrall and Andrew Macarthy with the late great ! Released 1987. Entitled simply Mannequin :)

Hope this helps you.. There was also a sequel 'Mannequins' but not quite as Magical as the first IMHO. :mrgreen: Ahh Nostalgia my old friend how I've missed you

I also thought about this movie "mannequin" when THIS PROMO TRAILER was aired.

I lovvvvvvvvvvvved this movie and I looooove golden girls <3 as far as the movie- when the guy make the mannequin he falls in love with her because she was so prefect and beautiful to him <3 ...omg I love it <3 I am a fan of the re-runs of the golden girls...

I have all the series in my dvd collection ..oh my!! the comedic timing those wonderful ladies shared played amazingly off each other the cast work well together & my fav. Estelle Getty <3 I love old movies ... I'm 27 years old I just turned 27 as a matter of fact back in January However, I mean movies from the 50's ,60' the 80's all types I am a big movie buff ALL THE BEST MOVIES AND ACTING IMO WERE MADE BACK THEN <3

(edit)- #Broadway
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member

@cherpar It's one My All Time favourite movies starring *Sex in the city's Kim *Samantha* Cattrall and Andrew Macarthy with the late great ! Released 1987. Entitled simply Mannequin :)

I lovvvvvvvvvvvved this movie and I looooove golden girls <3 as far as the movie- when the guy make the mannequin he falls in love with her because she was so prefect and beautiful to him <3 ...omg I love it <3 I am a fan of the re-runs of the golden girls...

I have all the series in my dvd collection ..oh my!! the comedic timing those wonderful ladies shared played amazingly off each other the cast work well together & my fav. Estelle Getty <3 I love old movies ... I'm 27 years old I just turned 27 as a matter of fact back in January However, I mean movies from the 50's ,60' the 80's all types I am a big movie buff ALLTHE BEST MOVIES AND ACTING

ME TOO! lol :) .. I've just turned 26 myself. And ya know what.. age shouldn't matter when it comes to liking something. The old golden adage of 'you're only as young (or old) as you choose to feel' rings true for me. I've been an "oldies" lover of both movies and music from the 50's 60's and 80's for as long as I can remember being able to think back to.. which is probably around the age of 4 when I was treated to the earthy joyous sound of Nat King Cole sing 'What a wonderful world' for the very first time, and something inside me just clicked a switch. From that moment forth I was hooked on anything to do with that Golden Era of creativity and true embodiment of Soul.

*Music stems from the soul's own language ... speak (sing) from your soul -- and the music will play to its own beat. -- The rythym of your heart .. beats in tandem with your soul's language. That's what Music to me is -- a Soulsoothing experience*

Anyway steering off course here, lol. Where was I? .. Ah yes. Movies.. Gosh I could go on for days about it! Lol. But I'll spare you! ;) You and I appear to share a love for an era of both the Magic of the Silverscreen and the timeless, elegance and class of velvet rich music and a passionate affair from the yesteryears, a time when movies and music were considered more precious than gold.

:heart:

I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Is there a scene(s) with the mannequin on the back of a motorbike?
  • Options

I have all the series in my dvd collection ..oh my!! the comedic timing those wonderful ladies shared played amazingly off each other the cast work well together & my fav. Estelle Getty <3 I love old movies ... I'm 27 years old I just turned 27 as a matter of fact back in January However, I mean movies from the 50's ,60' the 80's all types I am a big movie buff ALLTHE BEST MOVIES AND ACTING

ME TOO! lol :) .. I've just turned 26 myself. And ya know what.. age shouldn't matter when it comes to liking something. The old golden adage of 'you're only as young (or old) as you choose to feel' rings true for me. I've been an "oldies" lover of both movies and music from the 50's 60's and 80's for as long as I can remember being able to think back to.. which is probably around the age of 4 when I was treated to the earthy joyous sound of Nat King Cole sing 'What a wonderful world' for the very first time, and something inside me just clicked a switch. From that moment forth I was hooked on anything to do with that Golden Era of creativity and true embodiment of Soul.

*Music stems from the soul's own language ... speak (sing) from your soul -- and the music will play to its own beat. -- The rythym of your heart .. beats in tandem with your soul's language. That's what Music to me is -- a Soulsoothing experience*

Anyway steering off course here, lol. Where was I? .. Ah yes. Movies.. Gosh I could go on for days about it! Lol. But I'll spare you! ;) You and I appear to share a love for an era of both the Magic of the Silverscreen and the timeless, elegance and class of velvet rich music and a passionate affair from the yesteryears, a time when movies and music were considered more precious than gold.

[/quote

<3<3 speechless
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

Oh how simple, it was called mannequin! I did love that movie. Thanka @ushakasufer aka Davie
  • Options
    jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    Does anybody mind posting the lyrics to the song here? That would be greatly appreciated!
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    jegoode wrote: »
    Does anybody mind posting the lyrics to the song here? That would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the lyrics:

Male: Everday I see her there standing by the window
    Female: Everday I see him there standing by that weirdo
    Male: Everyday I pray
    Female: Everyday I pray
    Both: We'll be together and suddenly the wolrd around us stops
    Female: A hand came down from heaven
    Male: Why is no one moving
    Female: I think the game is still paused
    Male: Oh
    Female: Much better
    Male: Ahem, and everyday
    Female: And everyday
    Both: We stand together
  • Options
    jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    dsef wrote: »

Here are the lyrics:

Female: And everyday
    Both: We stand together

Thank you so much dsef! I truly appreciate this! :-D

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    dsef wrote: »

Here are the lyrics: