Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to disable the Apple menu bar and dock?

puppylove1313puppylove1313 Posts: 1 New Member
So I was so excited sims 4 came to Mac I start playing and I have the edge scrolling on which I love but I either move my mouse to the top and the Apple menu bar pops up or to the bottom and the dock shows up. Is there anyway to disable this. Like a program to download or a setting in my Mac settings? I have googled this and couldn't find anything.

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Just aim the cursor a little to the left or right of center and it works.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    I think you're in Windowed mode. Deselect that in Settings (or select Full Screen mode). That should fix it (fingers crossed)
  • Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    Sadly Sims 4 uses the OS X Full Screen mode, and that means these menus will be shown, pretty much no matter what.
    I can recommend using W A S D keys on the keyboard to move around the camera.
    Sorry :-(
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Lunder89 wrote: »
    Sadly Sims 4 uses the OS X Full Screen mode, and that means these menus will be shown, pretty much no matter what.
    I can recommend using W A S D keys on the keyboard to move around the camera.
    Sorry :-(

Above poster is correct, using edge scrolling could result in the menu bar or dock coming up in the game. Turning off edge scrolling and using the keyboard shortcuts will let you navigate the game still. The click pad also can be used, but it requires you to have 2 fingers pressed to move it around which can sometimes be difficult. When I play I generally attach a mouse just for ease of moving the camera.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah I've gotten use to playing keep away whilst playing the game.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    I really wish this would be fixed. It annoying.
    Technically it is possible to solve, but it requires EA to rewrite the entire full screen system in the game. It may not sound like much, but it I promise you it is.
    So I wouldn't get the hopes up ;)
    edited March 2015
    Well, the code was already written for TS2, TS3 and the Sims Medieval. Really, it shouldn't be that hard to find and add.
    It is not adding the code that is difficult, but all the parts of the game that has to be rewritten.
    EA have used an API to use the OS X default full screen system. To change that would require writing an API that would work with the graphics engine used in the game, and then retesting and bugfixing the entire game again, to make sure their full screen system works.
    They should have done that the first time around. Sorry, but I just really hate it. And playing windowed looks weird on a 27" monitor.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    They managed it with SimCity. No reason why they couldn't in TS4.
    apple-signature.png
  • Gordon100Gordon100 Posts: 4 New Member
    I cant seem to see or get the toolbars on Sims 4, so I cant build or buy
  • brian9013brian9013 Posts: 6 New Member
    If I recall right they claimed that they had it fixed, which it was until another update, then it was right back to where it is now.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I have the same very annoying issue. If this can help anyone : I resized my dock to the smallest possible size when I play and it's much better. You can also change your dock place and put it on the side of the screen where it might be less annoying.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    You can hide the Dock too. The option is in System Preferences > Dock
    apple-signature.png