Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation ??

This is the reason why the HEAT around here stay on 10....IMO

Speculation - a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence: expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

With that being said I wish they would just confirm a few things I mean at this point they should know it all (IMO when you announce that something new is on the way you shouldn't announce it until you are ready to answer some questions) I really don't care who tell me... it can come from the higher ups or the guru's but this guessing game every time something is being released is getting "BLAH" what is that all about anyway? :o

No. i don't want the spoilers because I like stumbling upon things in game...I'm talking about some of the questions I have seen posted on the ask guru page or just in general why are things so secretive?

I already know the "No promises were made speech" but what I am talking about is just being point blank about it and come out and say in the trailer : EXAMPLE ..." we have a new hospital career and you NOT be able to go inside unless u are a doctor or pregnant sim" say it then ... when you make the trailer no guessing games should be involved in it...those who like it will buy it those who don't will not and continue to play something else.

I've noticed that every time now... something that's coming that we want or excited about seem to come with some kind of "can you guess what it is?" what's that's all about? who started that?? >:)

Yes,I have played and been around since day one of the sim series (15 YEARS) but only started actually posting in the forums when sims 3 seasons came around however, I have always peeped in and out of the forums here and there ....but this "guessing" wasn't something that was this profound until lately ...geeeeshh I'm wondering what simmer or simmers in the community thought this was fun???

I'm not talking about just GTW nor am I talking about "the sims 4" I'm speaking in general I've notice this early on... in the sims 3 store threads and other releases before sims 4..

IDK maybe because in real life my attitude is always firm and to the point I have always been that way since I can remember and I am now 26 ...cut to the chase(get to the point without wasting time) and state the facts (I'm never rude or dismissive about it....very respectful and professional & overseeing two hundred people in my real life career / business I guess the attitude have sharpened in that area quite a bit)

I hope this is not being read with anger or malice because I am not stating it that way I am actually laughing a litlle when I say "who started this guessing game and thought it was fun??" Guess what? it's not fun to me it's torture!!!! >:):p

Comments

• Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    What are your questions? Because they've answered a wonderful deal of them. =)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    That's why I try not to speculate too much, or try to read in to (interpret) what they are saying too much. I see interpretation run wild all the time on the boards and that causes problems.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @fullspiral, I agree. It's almost a pattern. First there's excitement over the new EP, then people start speculating about features that might be in it (even though there's no evidence), then other people take the speculation as almost-confirmation that those features will be in it, then there's a cry for the gurus to confirm those features, and when there's finally a statement that the feature speculated about won't be coming, there's disappointment and anger. It would take a full time person to read all the threads on the forum and provide confirmation. And no one can possibly anticipate all the features that people think might be coming. SimGuruHouts was very quick to stamp out the speculation about apartments, but that was because he realized he'd given rise to the rumor.

I say this having been guilty myself. I saw that Cassandra Goth was sick in one of the pictures and thought that when our sims got sick a doctor would come to make a house call. Well, it turns out I was wrong. We'll be able to get medicine for them, but we won't get a doctor. Even so, I'm still excited about Get to Work. And at this point, I'm ready for everything else to be a surprise.

• Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

My questions? No, I'm speaking in general... are you not seeing how the forums boards are lit UP with a lot of speculating? that's why I gave this post the title :) ...don't get me wrong I know what forums are used for However, just the "guessing " is what I am touching on ...

not coming right out and saying things before hand .... because things are not said straight out about what's in and what's not is causing lots of "speculating"... how about waiting until you can say "everything" before even making an announcement at all.

one example of many... of what I'm saying would be when many people were asking about the ' aliens" or when will the trailer be shown or if it will be .. why not just come out and say " the trailer for the aliens will be launched next Tuesday at 10 ?" or " no trailer will come at all see them in game only" I'm sure a few things may have been said "now" but still it's no concrete answer. :)

I could care less about the aliens but it may be a deal breaker for may others. on buying the game or not...

and you said they have answered a great deal of them? ...if that's the case then no one would be "Speculating " as we speak.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2015
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @fullspiral, I agree. It's almost a pattern. First there's excitement over the new EP, then people start speculating about features that might be in it (even though there's no evidence), then other people take the speculation as almost-confirmation that those features will be in it, then there's a cry for the gurus to confirm those features, and when there's finally a statement that the feature speculated about won't be coming, there's disappointment and anger. It would take a full time person to read all the threads on the forum and provide confirmation. And no one can possibly anticipate all the features that people think might be coming. SimGuruHouts was very quick to stamp out the speculation about apartments, but that was because he realized he'd given rise to the rumor.

I say this having been guilty myself. I saw that Cassandra Goth was sick in one of the pictures and thought that when our sims got sick a doctor would come to make a house call. Well, it turns out I was wrong. We'll be able to get medicine for them, but we won't get a doctor. Even so, I'm still excited about Get to Work. And at this point, I'm ready for everything else to be a surprise.

I read on the ask a guru thread yesterday that you can mollycoddle your sims back to health (juice and rest) or give them medicine, just no hospital. It sounded cool. I can't be bothered to go to the effort to find it to quote.

I don't join in on the 'it's going to have this' speculation. Better to not do so. Can't end up disappointed if you haven't read it officially but jumped to conclusions anyway.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    That's why I try not to speculate too much, or try to read in to (interpret) what they are saying too much. I see interpretation run wild all the time on the boards and that causes problems.

Agreed...it runs very wild and lots of disappointments come (later)... that's why I try not to do so as well. :)
  • Options
    @fullspi Even so, I'm still excited about Get to Work. And at this point, I'm ready for everything else to be a surprise.

:) I'm very excited about GTW as well and can't wait to add all the cool features to my game...but I can't help to feel that being blunt about it all straight out the gate would put a stop to at least half of the speculating...it would be no need to speculate if we are told things before hand.

no dancing around the answer just say it..
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Arletta wrote: »

I read on the ask a guru thread yesterday that you can mollycoddle your sims back to health (juice and rest) or give them medicine, just no hospital. It sounded cool. I can't be bothered to go to the effort to find it to quote.

I don't join in on the 'it's going to have this' speculation. Better to not do so. Can't end up disappointed if you haven't read it officially but jumped to conclusions anyway.

Really? now that would be cool :) see, now why not just say that in the trailer..."Even though your sick sims are unable to visit the hospitals you can mollycoddle your sims back to health (juice and rest) or give them medicine by ordering over the phone or pc"

That way if people don't like what they hear they don't have to buy it but you can't blame them for not telling you the real deal. <3
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    brsy wrote: »

My questions? No, I'm speaking in general... are you not seeing how the forums boards are lit UP with a lot of speculating? that's why I gave this post the title :) ...don't get me wrong I know what forums are used for However, just the "guessing " is what I am touching on ...

not coming right out and saying things before hand .... because things are not said straight out about what's in and what's not is causing lots of "speculating"... how about waiting until you can say "everything" before even making an announcement at all.

one example of many... of what I'm saying would be when many people were asking about the ' aliens" or when will the trailer be shown or if it will be .. why not just come out and say " the trailer for the aliens will be launched next Tuesday at 10 ?" or " no trailer will come at all see them in game only" I'm sure a few things may have been said "now" but still it's no concrete answer. :)

I could care less about the aliens but it may be a deal breaker for may others. on buying the game or not...

and you said they have answered a great deal of them? ...if that's the case then no one would be "Speculating " as we speak.

I speculate all the time about details! I don't go posting tons of questions or acts as though they are facts, but I do have speculations. I do it for all my games, movies, and books I read because I feel that speculating through some foreshadowing enriches the imagination.

Of course, that's not the speculation you are talking about, clearly. People are excited about something, they misunderstand a lot, and they get all worked up for nothing. If anything, it isn't the speculation that needs to be in check but the people's investment into the speculation itself. Somewhere along the lines, they have a theory, they look it up on the internet, someone else had the same theory, and it all gets out of hand as fact because anything seen on the internet is fact, right? XD Silly people.

They have answered many questions that everyone is complaining or asking. In fact, I've seen more posts on questions that have already been answered but people -didn't like- the answer and when I gave them the answer, they still didn't like it and told me off. What can you do? Lol. As for the speculation on the retails and aliens stuff, that hasn't been revealed yet because they will in trailers. People need to be patient. And until then, speculation is fun when moderate!

• Options
    brsy wrote: »

I speculate all the time about details! I don't go posting tons of questions or acts as though they are facts, but I do have speculations. I do it for all my games, movies, and books I read because I feel that speculating through some foreshadowing enriches the imagination.

Of course, that's not the speculation you are talking about, clearly. People are excited about something, they misunderstand a lot, and they get all worked up for nothing. If anything, it isn't the speculation that needs to be in check but the people's investment into the speculation itself. Somewhere along the lines, they have a theory, they look it up on the internet, someone else had the same theory, and it all gets out of hand as fact because anything seen on the internet is fact, right? XD Silly people.

They have answered many questions that everyone is complaining or asking. In fact, I've seen more posts on questions that have already been answered but people -didn't like- the answer and when I gave them the answer, they still didn't like it and told me off. What can you do? Lol. As for the speculation on the retails and aliens stuff, that hasn't been revealed yet because they will in trailers. People need to be patient. And until then, speculation is fun when moderate!

Well said <3 ...even though I can't or will ever blame the community at all for speculating...my whole thing was touching on the trailer info or lack of... also the ask the guru.... just be straight up with the answer even it it's something we may not want to hear... that's all... I'm so glad this event is going on this Wednesday I'm sure lot's of things will be said then...well let's say...I hope so.