Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

30 New clothing slots??

It was stated many times how our sims needed more clothing slots when planning our outfits for the week ...As of now we only have five ...but with the mannequins (adult and child) based on the answer in the recent interview ... I take it as we now have 30 new slots

Q: How do Mannequins work?

A: You can customize outfits from the clothing in-game and dress up both adult and child mannequins. They can have up to 30 unique outfits assigned to them that customers can try on and purchase.

we can now add 30 new different styles to the mannequin ..... what's so good about that being we have free clothes in the dresser??? This...we can now dress these mannequins in anything (red shoes pink pants and a purple shirt with a bring yellow hat if we wish) therefore the outfits will already be completed..pre-set (after setting them up) all we need to do would be go to it..click..and boom we have on that outfit .

I'm sure we have new clothes ..some may be "purchase only " clothing as well as the free ones or they may change that whole setup with the dresser (maybe... maybe not)...but my point is ...having the mannequins in my opinion brings in a new 30 days... a months worth of outfit changes and not just the five days...depends on how you look at it and how you will play it...

after reading the answer above on how the mannequins will work...how are you comprehending this? will this be the answer to the five clothing slot problem?

being fully aware of the way it is now.... when planning an outfit we can plan up to five and it's "free" but with the mannequins we will have to purchase the clothing in order to wear them...Hmm I wonder if we can have place mannequins at home in our personal wardrobes and click on them when changing instead of the dresser now??

Mannequins could (??) be placed on certain lots like at a gym ..30 different gym outfits or in the bathrooms at a club/ bar(lol) 30 different party outfits ..ect.. you know what I mean? so many ways we could play this...what's your take on it??

Comments

• Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    brsy wrote: »
    It was stated many times how our sims needed more clothing slots when planning our outfits for the week ...As of now we only have five ...but with the mannequins (adult and child) based on the answer in the recent interview ... I take it as we now have 30 new slots

A: You can customize outfits from the clothing in-game and dress up both adult and child mannequins. They can have up to 30 unique outfits assigned to them that customers can try on and purchase.

we can now add 30 new different styles to the mannequin ..... what's so good about that being we have free clothes in the dresser??? This...we can now dress these mannequins in anything (red shoes pink pants and a purple shirt with a bring yellow hat if we wish) therefore the outfits will already be completed..pre-set (after setting them up) all we need to do would be go to it..click..and boom we have on that outfit .

I'm sure we have new clothes ..some may be "purchase only " clothing as well as the free ones or they may change that whole setup with the dresser (maybe... maybe not)...but my point is ...having the mannequins in my opinion brings in a new 30 days... a months worth of outfit changes and not just the five days...depends on how you look at it and how you will play it...

after reading the answer above on how the mannequins will work...how are you comprehending this? will this be the answer to the five clothing slot problem?

being fully aware of the way it is now.... when planning an outfit we can plan up to five and it's "free" but with the mannequins we will have to purchase the clothing in order to wear them...Hmm I wonder if we can have place mannequins at home in our personal wardrobes and click on them when changing instead of the dresser now??

Mannequins could (??) be placed on certain lots like at a gym ..30 different gym outfits or in the bathrooms at a club/ bar(lol) 30 different party outfits ..ect.. you know what I mean? so many ways we could play this...what's your take on it??

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really hope that we will be able to do that. I'll admit that I'm worried that the mannequins will be retail lot only items. But, so far we haven't had that issue with lots. So, I can't be certain. I'm hopeful though. After reading that interview, I'm hopeful for any kind of redemption, large or small.
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm glad there compatible with the base game clothing. I'm almost sure we 'll be able to use macaques on residential lots as well.
  • Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    After reading again, I understand that there will be 30 new outfits coming with the EP (potentially not available in CAS) which will be only available to dress-up adults and child mannequins. That make more sense if they give us "hidden" clothes not directly available from the dressers..
  • haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    6 categories x 5 slots = 30, so I don't think there will be more slots...
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Lea347 wrote: »
    After reading again, I understand that there will be 30 new outfits coming with the EP (potentially not available in CAS) which will be only available to dress-up adults and child mannequins. That make more sense if they give us "hidden" clothes not directly available from the dressers..

That's what I thought too, 30 new exclusive clothing options to buy from stores.
  • katina92katina92 Posts: 33 Member
    maybe there are new outfits
    but it says they can have "UP TO" 30 unique outfits
    meaning we can choose to have 3 on that mannequin or 25 or 30.
    which is awesome cos that will save me a lot of space for one little shop
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited March 2015
    haituva wrote: »
    6 categories x 5 slots = 30, so I don't think there will be more slots...

What is being said ..as we know already a sim can plan up to five gym outfits for example so when clicking on our sim we have five options to choose from...now with the new mannequins after wearing number five we can click on the mannequins without going into CAS or the dresser for number 6,7,8 ect..

a mannequin as we know hold up to 30 outfits it's up to us if we wanted it to be all 30 of one category (bedtime). or mixing it up...we know it's only five in CAS however the mannequins is adding many other planned outfits without having to start from scratch every time. for any number after outfit number five.

I hope I am explaining this correctly my English is not that great..(trust me they tease me quite often here in Malibu CA.)

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really hope that we will be able to do that. I'll admit that I'm worried that the mannequins will be retail lot only items. But, so far we haven't had that issue with lots. So, I can't be certain. I'm hopeful though. After reading that interview, I'm hopeful for any kind of redemption, large or small.

Trust me a little voice keep playing in my head saying "retail item only" I'm trying so hard to ignore it :|
  • Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member

Trust me a little voice keep playing in my head saying "retail item only" I'm trying so hard to ignore it :|

Believe me, I am too @brsy ! I want so badly to love this expansion pack. I was smitten at first. But, the more I found out, the more disenchanted I became. I'm trying not to let small disappointments get the better of me. I want to enjoy this ep once it comes out. So, fingers crossed!
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    That statement about "unique outfits" is way too ambiguous to get upset about yet, I think. It could mean multiple things, including the good thing that we can have 30 slots for outfits, just like we can have 5 slots per clothing category for outfits for our Sims. The "unique" here would mean that every aspect of those 30 slots can be different, not just changes in colour, say.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I believe they mean the mannequins can hold 30 different clothing options. So you could set 30 different outfits on the mannequin not the sim.

Whether 30 new outfits come or not is up in the air. I just really want to place the mannequins in my sims wardrobe because who doesn't want a walk in closet?!
  • razan razan Posts: 26 New Member
    are we going to be able to wear what we make ?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I'm just guessing here, but I think that this 30 slots for 30 outfits on the mannequins might be a form of CAST. And here's why I think that, they know that many of us want CAST back. So I think that they are trying to bring CAST back through the mannequins. :)

I believe they mean the mannequins can hold 30 different clothing options. So you could set 30 different outfits on the mannequin not the sim.

Whether 30 new outfits come or not is up in the air. I just really want to place the mannequins in my sims wardrobe because who doesn't want a walk in closet?!

:) 30 on the mannequin = 30 our sims can wear if we click on it or buy it because once we click on it it will automatically change our sims clothing without having to go in cas or the dresser.

(yes, it will mean clicking 30 different times if we wanted to click that much and yes, I know it will not change the five slots we have currently but what it will do is change our sims clothing and that's basically my point) :)

:) I love a good walk in closet on the sims and real life <3
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm just guessing here, but I think that this 30 slots for 30 outfits on the mannequins might be a form of CAST. And here's why I think that, they know that many of us want CAST back. So I think that they are trying to bring CAST back through the mannequins. :)

<3<3 YES!!

<3<3 YES!!

Not planning to get my hopes up on that one! There's enough expectation-dashing happening around here. It seems more likely that we might be able to create memorized outfits out of the things we already have in the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

<3<3 YES!!

Not planning to get my hopes up on that one! There's enough expectation-dashing happening around here. It seems more likely that we might be able to create memorized outfits out of the things we already have in the game.

:'( Awwww you burst my shiny red balloon really fast :'(:'(

<3<3 YES!!

Sorry :(

At least we know we're getting new hair and clothes and stuff :) I always like that.

<3<3 YES!!

Sorry :(

At least we know we're getting new hair and clothes and stuff :) I always like that.

okay, thanks for letting me at least hold on to the string :p ....

anything new added to what we already have so far would be a positive for me.
    edited March 2015

<3<3 YES!!

We may not be able to create a new pattern. Or might not be able to create a new color like teal, do to the absents of the color wheel in the game when GTW gets released. But one of the things that CAST did was allow a Simmer to save an outfit that he or she had recolored in the game. This was a basic function of CAST. :)

edited March 2015

<3<3 YES!!

We may not be able to create a new pattern. Or might not be able to create a new color like teal, do to the absents of the color wheel in the game when GTW gets released. But one of the things that CAST did was allow a Simmer to save an outfit that he or she had recolored in the game. This was a basic function of CAST. :)

I know it. I'm just not seeing any evidence so far that that is being added in this EP. I'd love a colour palette to choose from! And I hope it's coming. But I don't see it here.

(If we do get it, I hope it gets patched in for non-EP buyers!)
    edited March 2015

<3<3 YES!!

I know it. I'm just not seeing any evidence so far that that is being added in this EP. I'd love a colour palette to choose from! And I hope it's coming. But I don't see it here.

(If we do get it, I hope it gets patched in for non-EP buyers!)
    They won't show us everything about GTW, and there for lies the problem of speculation. Now like I had said in my original posted comment. I was just guessing that they might be trying to bring back CAST through these mannequins. :)

• CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    :) 30 on the mannequin = 30 our sims can wear if we click on it or buy it because once we click on it it will automatically change our sims clothing without having to go in cas or the dresser.

(yes, it will mean clicking 30 different times if we wanted to click that much and yes, I know it will not change the five slots we have currently but what it will do is change our sims clothing and that's basically my point) :)

:) I love a good walk in closet on the sims and real life <3

Alright yeah, makes sense that way. Also I'm super excited for walk in closet possibilities. Because I have some Material Girls who are living a material world.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2015
    I understand that you're essentially hoping that the mannequins can be used as additional outfit storage for our Sims. That said, there are a number of points that may or may not work out as you're hoping/assuming.

It's probably not good to assume that "30 outfits" on a mannequin means 30 of any category. In fact, it may be precisely the same (6 categories x 5 outfits each) as what an actual Sim can have. I tend to believe that it will be, as it would be much simpler for the Gurus to re-use the existing clothing system for the mannequins than to design a whole new system. (Some might say this is 'laziness,' but there are actually good aspects to this -- creating more systems means more complexity and that generally leads to more lag/slow-downs in game. As always, it's all a matter of how much is not enough vs. how much is too much -- where do you draw the line?)

Using a mannequin as additional outfit storage requires being able to place one on our home lot -- there's no indication as yet as to whether this is actually possible. It's been said (to the general disappointment of many) that there will be no residential businesses. This being the case, if all Sim-owned/run businesses will need to be on 'retail lots,' it seems unlikely that the new retail items will be allowed on residential lots. (If you could put all the necessities to run the business on your home lot, then . . . well, why couldn't you run the business there? But they've said we can't.)

Obtaining an outfit from said mannequins is also a part of the retail system. This likely means that you can't simply 'change into' an outfit displayed on a mannequin. From what we've heard so far, it seems likely that selecting an outfit from a mannequin then initiates some sort of purchase animation sequence. Even if you can place a mannequin in your home, it may not be functional without the appropriate retail props (cash register, cashier, etc.) also present. An example of this from TS3 -- I was able to place a stage (from the Showtime EP) on my residential lot using the 'buydebug' cheat, but it was totally inert and non-functional. In order to make it function, it needed to be on a lot designated as an appropriate venue and have a proprietor assigned so your Sim could go through the proper sequence, obtaining a gig and so on.

So I really wouldn't get your hopes up too high about this. It's a bit of a leap, to believe that it will work the way you hope it will, IMO.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
    What I gather that the mannequins are used for is designing and saving outfit ideas for in the clothing shop. :)