Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Fennadev wrote: »
    And I got another bug, I can't sell stuff from my inventory bcos I keep holding it accidentely.
    I am trying to find someone for Jayden right now.

Have u tried restarting your game?! Maybe a repair game?! I've seen that happen before & seem 2 remember doing 1 or both of those things before it stopped doing it

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I completely understand @MsPrissy88 =) Whenever u feel like throwing yourself into a challenge...this will b waiting 4 u! The game is meant 2 b fun....when it stops being fun...it's lots its purpose. THX 4 giving it a go...& I hope u have fun playing...no matter HOW u go about it!! I know ALL about limited play time ha ha
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Now that I am following you on YouTube, I can always just catch up with your Let's Play vids. I'll be stopping in now and then to see how the others are doing. And you, of course! :)

SO glad that you're following me on YouTube...you'll b able 2 c all the latest videos that way =)
    Don't b a stranger *hugs*

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Just posted my House 001 Challenge on the other page. Going to start this challenge today. =)

FABULOUS!!! I'm gonna' launch my game & check it out =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    I'm having a dilemma with my House 002 challenge. My Heir for the challenge is a male. He's making pretty good progress and has the walls up for his house already, however he wants to find his mate. This is where my dilemma is....The mailman, is a man. The pizza guy, is a man. And today, the maid showed up...and it's also a man! lol What do I do now? lol
    Origin ID: Emmblie
    U can always try hiring a maid & then firing them...forcing the game 2 send another random the next time u want a maid. Have u checked the small garden patch 2 check on the gardener? Also...search those "working Sims" that walk by...chances r...you'll c a lady before long =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    U can always try hiring a maid & then firing them...forcing the game 2 send another random the next time u want a maid. Have u checked the small garden patch 2 check on the gardener? Also...search those "working Sims" that walk by...chances r...you'll c a lady before long =)

The gardener is also a male. lol I've just fired the current maid, I was going to hire a new one when I play again tomorrow. If it's another male, I'll have to start stopping all the ladies. lol
    @kerpleenket @ 1st thought...u wouldn't think that finding, marrying & moving in a working Sim would b much of a challenge....as u r seeing tho...sometimes it IS a challenge in of itself =P Let me know how it all works out 4 ya!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sigh, maid is an adult male and pizza deliverer an elder woman. I think all my adult women turned into elders now. Yup and I deleted all singleton elders I had to refresh my townies a bit more, off course I did keep adult men, especially since Jayden needs his male friends as well :)
    edited April 2015
    Good luck @Fennadev Just keep hiring & firing maids until the appropriate 1 shows up =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Jayden has already found his girl. She is called Guusje(the most ridiculous Dutch name ever) and they already have a love relationship now.
    Jayden has already found his girl. She is called Guusje(the most ridiculous Dutch name ever) and they already have a love relationship now.
    Very good..congratz!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Only problem is that she works from 8.00- to 2.00 at midnight, so he can never invite her over, because from 2.00-8.00 she is asleep, can someone help me with this?
    Well...her work schedule should not b that EVERY day of the week....so u could just continue waiting...
    OR
    U could hire maids
    OR
    Keep your eyes peeled 4 any working Sims 2 walk by your lot & snag them as soon as they r near

That's about all I can suggest....Guusje just may NOT b the girl 4 your Sim. I had my Sim pursue the Pizza Delivery Guy...but had similar issues w/him working a lot...sooo...I just ended up snagging the mailman as he walked by 1 afternoon.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Hello again! I've finished the second challenge! I hope you enjoy my story! =)

Meet Dean Rider, son of Nia Rider.

04-11-15_7-47nbspPM.png

As is tradition in the Rider family, Dean was kicked out on the night of his birthday, not a penny to his name. He wandered around until he finally found himself in a nice little neighborhood of Willow Creek.

It took hard work and many lonely nights, but Dean made great strides in building himself a nice house.

04-11-15_11-00nbspPM.png

He dreamed though, of sharing it with someone. However, being an artist that never left his home caused very few opportunities to meet his soul mate.

Lucky for him, he was picky about his house. After hiring and firing THREE maids, the fourth maid showed up, and it was love at first sight!

04-12-15_10-08nbspAM.png

04-12-15_10-09nbspAM.png

Dean and Imani were married the next day.

04-12-15_10-53nbspAM.png

Good thing too, because she was pregnant!

04-12-15_11-48nbspAM.png

Before they knew it, Imani was going into labor, and Dean had his new baby boy, Dakota in his arms.

04-12-15_12-30nbspPM.png

04-12-15_12-32nbspPM-3.png

Dean and Imani were building the life they dreamed of.

04-13-15_3-28nbspPM.png

As soon as young Dakota was big enough, the family started going on vacations.

04-13-15_2-23nbspPM-2.png

The fishing was fantastic!

04-13-15_5-47nbspPM.png

Dean achieved his lifelong Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration within minutes before Dakota turned into a young adult. Literally. Minutes!

Tour of the house:

Living room
    04-13-15_9-37nbspPM.png

Kitchen
    04-13-15_9-37nbspPM-2.png

04-13-15_9-38nbspPM.png

Bathroom
    04-13-15_9-33nbspPM-2.png

Master Bedroom
    04-13-15_9-34nbspPM.png

Second Bedroom
    04-13-15_9-33nbspPM.png

Backyard
    04-13-15_9-39nbspPM-2.png

House
    04-13-15_9-31nbspPM.png

04-13-15_9-39nbspPM-3.png

04-13-15_9-32nbspPM.png

04-13-15_9-40nbspPM.png

**House is uploaded and tagged #DrifterChallenge by Emmblie
    edited April 2015
    @kerpleenket Congratz on completing The Drifter Challenge House 002!! Well done!!
    I absolutely loved reading your story! Love the pic of Dean & Imani in the passionate kiss <3 I'm glad that u were able 2 finish the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration...sounds like u cut it close hee hee
    Your house is just wonderful...left a fave on the Gallery!! Great design & overall layout =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • ChepanChepan Posts: 64 Member
    This sounds like a fun challenge. I'm currently working on the Amazon challenge so I may not try this one for a while, but I'm going to put it on my list. :) How is everyone's Drifter challenge going thus far?
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @kerpleenket Congratz on completing The Drifter Challenge House 002!! Well done!!
    I absolutely loved reading your story! Love the pic of Dean & Imani in the passionate kiss <3 I'm glad that u were able 2 finish the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration...sounds like u cut it close hee hee
    Your house is just wonderful...left a fave on the Gallery!! Great design & overall layout =)

Thanks! I really enjoyed it! I probably would have never attempted to complete that aspiration without this challenge, so I'm glad you are making these. I'm definitively stepping out of my comfort zone, so to say, in playing the game. So thank you for that!

And yes, I literally just finished the aspiration by the skin of me teeth before Dakota aged up! lol I thought for sure I was going to have to start all over. I practically jumped out of my chair when I made it. lol Very entertaining!

Also, I'm glad you liked my house! I posted it last night, and within 5 minutes it had 22 downloads. I thought that was pretty cool. Haven't checked yet this morning, but that really made my night. I love building and decorating. It's always been one of my favorite things to do on the sims.
    Chepan wrote: »
    This sounds like a fun challenge. I'm currently working on the Amazon challenge so I may not try this one for a while, but I'm going to put it on my list. :)

Well I'm glad that The Drifter Challenge has sparked your interest!!
    I have a list of Drifters doing Let's Plays & blogs on Page 1 of this thread that u could check out & c where people r in the challenge & their thoughts on it as well =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thanks! I really enjoyed it! I probably would have never attempted to complete that aspiration without this challenge, so I'm glad you are making these. I'm definitively stepping out of my comfort zone, so to say, in playing the game. So thank you for that!

That right there @kerpleenket is EXACTLY what I was hoping 2 accomplish in doing these house challenges!! I'm so glad that I've come up w/something that has helped enhance your Sim game play & it was something fun!!!

And yes, I literally just finished the aspiration by the skin of me teeth before Dakota aged up! lol I thought for sure I was going to have to start all over. I practically jumped out of my chair when I made it. lol Very entertaining!

Man o man...that musta' been a fun sight!! I can just imagine =)

Also, I'm glad you liked my house! I posted it last night, and within 5 minutes it had 22 downloads. I thought that was pretty cool. Haven't checked yet this morning, but that really made my night. I love building and decorating. It's always been one of my favorite things to do on the sims.

That is SUPER!! The downloads & favorites r all well deserved...it's a very nice place!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    He literally had one hour to befriend her en marry her but finally Jayden and Guusje are married. First pregnancy failed though, gonna make some pics in a minute. Gorgeous house above, I can't make them like that, sighs..
    He literally had one hour to befriend her en marry her but finally Jayden and Guusje are married. First pregnancy failed though, gonna make some pics in a minute. Gorgeous house above, I can't make them like that, sighs..

Glad 2 hear things finally worked out w/Guusje =)
    Here's hoping the next pregnancy goes through!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Here comes my pick spam kk
    This is your first picture of Guusje Mol and yes she is pregnant here.
    bzUjVoT.png
    My house at that moment, nope, no roof yet bcos I still needed to add more space
    akeL1rS.png
    The inside, nothing too much actually, reminds me that I still need to pay my bills
    T2LoxwY.png
    Huge belly and an upstairs I added.
    EdnqkkY.png
    Da baby room
    BnhLKMb.png
    Downstairs at the moment
    irL6Hfy.png

And I decided I wanted a little bit of a bigger family this time, so I tried getting Guusje pregnant again, I myself don't even know if it worked at the moment, gonna find out when she wakes up. The baby's name is George(bcos Guusje is with a G)
    Awe...great 1st pic of Guusje she looks like she JUST found out that she is pregnant! House is coming right along...cool lil bedroom 4 the baby!
    Go pay those bills! =P
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    I got Guusje pregnant again and this time...
    We saw a ghost
    mXoMHYk.png
    Talked a bit with our son, George
    yVv9Xq7.png
    And George got not one, but two baby brothers to play with.
    npw20S2.png

I think I am gonna use bunkbeds to fit the twins in the room, bcos it's just so tiny. It's the baby room together with the unused space next to it.

Edit; I just saw where the bunk beds are from, and it's a pity bcos now I can't have them, last time I installed a mod of modthesims my game crashed so badly that my laptop decided to restart itself and it didn't come further than it's boot menu. But luckily it worked again after turning it off completely.
    Post edited by Fennadev on
  • solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    @Vihisha i will have to put this to rest for now. I'm focusing on my disney villains ;)<3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top