Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• IDEAFRIIIDEAFRII Posts: 19 Member
    Hello...?

I'm Ideafrii, a total newcomer to this forum and almost as much of a newcomer to the game itself (haven't played for even half a year). I'm not usually much of a forum person but I guess I'll give it my best to try and comment something relevant every now and then.

But on my part, have a nice day and let's have some great moments talking together!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    IDEAFRII wrote: »
    Hello...?

I'm Ideafrii, a total newcomer to this forum and almost as much of a newcomer to the game itself (haven't played for even half a year). I'm not usually much of a forum person but I guess I'll give it my best to try and comment something relevant every now and then.

But on my part, have a nice day and let's have some great moments talking together!

Hello @IDEAFRII :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have recently started simming :) You would be enjoying discovering all the various parts of simming, from creating sims households, to building homes, and watching sims living their lives in our games.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, learn new helpful information about playing the game, enjoy posting about the lives of the Sims in your games, and enjoy meeting fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    Hello all!
    It is great to met you all.
    I am Shadowphoenix and I love playing Sims.
    I started a YouTube sims channel just for fun. It is still new and I am still in the process of learning all the YouTube stuff.
    But any way hope to have fun here and learn some new neat stuff about Sims I don't know.
    Thanks all and have a lovely day!
    Hello all!
    It is great to met you all.
    I am Shadowphoenix and I love playing Sims.
    I started a YouTube sims channel just for fun. It is still new and I am still in the process of learning all the YouTube stuff.
    But any way hope to have fun here and learn some new neat stuff about Sims I don't know.
    Thanks all and have a lovely day!

Hello @ShadowPhoenix21 :) It is nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is exciting that you have started a simming YouTube channel ! :) Simmers will enjoy watching videos of the sims from your games.
    You may like to post a link to it in the Video Haven section of the forums
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
    I hope that you will meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, learn new things about playing the game, and find new creative simming ideas to try out in your games,
  • ShimmyXOXShimmyXOX Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, Earthlings!
    I'm Shimmy. I started playing the sims 3 on the PS3 when I was like 10. I'm currently OBSESSED with TS4. I'm not very interesting, nor do I have any idea how to use the Forums. My favorite DLC is probably Get To Work because I love the idea of owning a store (and being a doctor :smiley: ).
    I would consider my playstyle very similar to the Legacy challenge. I love starting off with one sim and having a successful lineage.
    ShimmyXOX wrote: »
    Hello, Earthlings!
    I'm Shimmy. I started playing the sims 3 on the PS3 when I was like 10. I'm currently OBSESSED with TS4. I'm not very interesting, nor do I have any idea how to use the Forums. My favorite DLC is probably Get To Work because I love the idea of owning a store (and being a doctor :smiley: ).
    I would consider my playstyle very similar to the Legacy challenge. I love starting off with one sim and having a successful lineage.

Hello @ShimmyXOX :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since you started playing The Sims by playing the console version of Sims 3 when a child. It is nice that you are currently enjoying playing Sims 4. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    GTW is a great expansion pack! It is nice that we can go with our Sims to their work, and also are able to run store which sell a variety of items.
    It is nice that play a legacy style of game. You would enjoying seeing the new generations of children and how their lives develop in your game.
  • thesimmer77thesimmer77 Posts: 33 Member
    I managed to semi solve my problem and get the game running. Also, do I certain post count before I can start new threads here? I wanted to ask something about sims 1, in that forum.
    edited October 2018
    I managed to semi solve my problem and get the game running. Also, do I certain post count before I can start new threads here? I wanted to ask something about sims 1, in that forum.

Hello @thesimmer77 :) You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

When you are a full member, you can start new threads :)
  • Lilly00Lilly00 Posts: 18 New Member
    Are there any other ways that I can earn points (other than getting likes etc)? And how do I view how many points I have?
    Lilly00 wrote: »
    Are there any other ways that I can earn points (other than getting likes etc)? And how do I view how many points I have?

Hello @Lilly00 :)
    This post explains about the badges that you can earn points through also.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16043647/#Comment_16043647

If you click on your username, it will take you to your activities wall. On the left hand side under the badges you have earned, there is a section that shows how many points that you have.
  • Lilly00Lilly00 Posts: 18 New Member
    > Hello @Lilly00 :)
    > This post explains about the badges that you can earn points through also.
    > (link)
    >
    > If you click on your username, it will take you to your activities wall. On the left hand side under the badges you have earned, there is a section that shows how many points that you have.

tysm!
    Lilly00 wrote: »
    > Hello @Lilly00 :)
    > This post explains about the badges that you can earn points through also.
    > (link)
    >
    > If you click on your username, it will take you to your activities wall. On the left hand side under the badges you have earned, there is a section that shows how many points that you have.

tysm!

You’re welcome @Lilly00 :)
  • NyanakochanNyanakochan Posts: 52 Member
    Hello, I'm Nyanako.
    I've been playing sims for years now (even though one of my first times playing the sims left small child me traumatized enough my mom had to return the game), and have just recently gotten back into playing Sims 3.
    Hadn't played for years, partly because I tried doing Sims 4 and it would cause my computer to overheat and shut itself off, and partly because I was annoyed I needed be online and have Origin open in order to even play my games (which I had originally bought on disc.)
    I've also played a fair chunk of Sims 3 Medieval, a little bit of Sims 2, and the Bustin' Out and Urbz spin-offs on GameCube.
  • allthatglitters30allthatglitters30 Posts: 6 New Member
    hi everyone! I am new here, I used to play the Sims2 all the time and recently just got the sims 4. I loveee downloading custom content and making my sims gorgeous!

Hope to post some of my sims soon

Hope everyone is well ! x
    Hello, I'm Nyanako.
    I've been playing sims for years now (even though one of my first times playing the sims left small child me traumatized enough my mom had to return the game), and have just recently gotten back into playing Sims 3.
    Hadn't played for years, partly because I tried doing Sims 4 and it would cause my computer to overheat and shut itself off, and partly because I was annoyed I needed be online and have Origin open in order to even play my games (which I had originally bought on disc.)
    I've also played a fair chunk of Sims 3 Medieval, a little bit of Sims 2, and the Bustin' Out and Urbz spin-offs on GameCube.

Hello @Nyanakochan :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are back simming again after taking a break, I am sorry that yout. computer issues where your computer overheated :(
    It is nice that you have played Sims Medieval, Sims 2 and console versions also.
    hi everyone! I am new here, I used to play the Sims2 all the time and recently just got the sims 4. I loveee downloading custom content and making my sims gorgeous!

Hope to post some of my sims soon

Hope everyone is well ! x

Hello @allthatglitters30 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 2, and now are playing Sims 4. There is a lot of very nice cc for simmers to enjoy using for their Sims! It is very kind of modders to share their cc creations with fellow simmers.
    I will look forward to seeing pictures of your sims :)
  • Saske5Saske5 Posts: 3 New Member
    Well, I guess I should also introduce myself. Excuse my cringy username, but those were the times when I was too much into Anime and Manga. :D Nowadays I'm more into playing Sims (when I'm not occupied with school or real life in general).
    My Sims-jouney started with Sims 1. I skipped Sims 2, and got addicted to Sims 3 and now a little bit to 4 (especially after having installed CC - something I tried to avoid for quite a while).
    I'll try to be as active on the forums as I can be. :smile:
    Saske5 wrote: »
    Well, I guess I should also introduce myself. Excuse my cringy username, but those were the times when I was too much into Anime and Manga. :D Nowadays I'm more into playing Sims (when I'm not occupied with school or real life in general).
    My Sims-jouney started with Sims 1. I skipped Sims 2, and got addicted to Sims 3 and now a little bit to 4 (especially after having installed CC - something I tried to avoid for quite a while).
    I'll try to be as active on the forums as I can be. :smile:

Hello @Saske5 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1, then that led you to playing Sims 3 and now Sims 4. There are many nice cc items that simmers can download and use for their sims!
    If you want to change your forums username, you can post a name request on the activities wall of EA_Lanna or EA_Cian
  • MelMisplacedMelMisplaced Posts: 30 Member
    Hello all. I'm not sure if you would say I'm new or old here. I created one reply six years ago, and only today started really participating. Before this, I've only played the challenges without letting anyone know how I did.
    mallissah wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm not sure if you would say I'm new or old here. I created one reply six years ago, and only today started really participating. Before this, I've only played the challenges without letting anyone know how I did.

Hello @mallissah :) It is great that you have started posting on the threads. It is very nice that you are now posting pictures of the builds that you do for challenges. Simmers enjoy seeing pictures of the homes, rooms, and Sims that fellow simmers have created. I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, posting about your simming experiences and gameplay, and enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads.
  • flowerceremonyflowerceremony Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm a longtime Sims fan, very new to the forums. Looking forward to engaging with this wonderful community of people!
    Hello everyone! I'm a longtime Sims fan, very new to the forums. Looking forward to engaging with this wonderful community of people!

Hello @flowerceremony :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming for a long time. You would have special memories of fun and enjoyable times spent simming over the years, and playing different households.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and enjoy posting about the sims that are in your game.
  • DevestDevest Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone. o/

You'll have to excuse me, I can be a bit awkward at times...
    On here I'm Devest, through Origin I'm Devestationn - though a long-time nickname is Deve (Dev-ee) hence why my usernames are spelled with "deve" instead of "deva".

Anyway - not exactly new to The Sims, been playing since the first Sims games and have been following the franchise ever since. However, this is my first time ever stepping into the Forum section. I can be creative deep down, but mainly with story-telling - which is why I find it hard building on The Sims 4 at times, there's just so many possibilities that I get over-loaded and just get on with creating a story instead of a home (lol).
    Even so, I find it more fun to create a story than anything else. And often if I get very attached to my sims, I'll start writing a short story about them and their life events, mostly as if they were writing in a journal, but I'm also fluent in 3rd person. I have a few friends who also play Sims and I'm often typing them stories of their Sims when they ask me to. It's pretty fun, especially when everyone is writing it together like a group story.
    I'm rambling... Sorry.

To the point.
    HELLO. :)
    Devest wrote: »
    Hello everyone. o/

You'll have to excuse me, I can be a bit awkward at times...
    On here I'm Devest, through Origin I'm Devestationn - though a long-time nickname is Deve (Dev-ee) hence why my usernames are spelled with "deve" instead of "deva".

Anyway - not exactly new to The Sims, been playing since the first Sims games and have been following the franchise ever since. However, this is my first time ever stepping into the Forum section. I can be creative deep down, but mainly with story-telling - which is why I find it hard building on The Sims 4 at times, there's just so many possibilities that I get over-loaded and just get on with creating a story instead of a home (lol).
    Even so, I find it more fun to create a story than anything else. And often if I get very attached to my sims, I'll start writing a short story about them and their life events, mostly as if they were writing in a journal, but I'm also fluent in 3rd person. I have a few friends who also play Sims and I'm often typing them stories of their Sims when they ask me to. It's pretty fun, especially when everyone is writing it together like a group story.
    I'm rambling... Sorry.

To the point.
    HELLO. :)

Hello @Devest :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims game. Sims Story writing is a very special and enjoyable part of simming! It is very nice to give background details to our sims,see how their sims lives develop in our games, and take screenshots and write stories about their lives. It is special reading the stories of the lives of the Sims that are in fellow simmers games :)
    You may like to read and post in the threads in the Stories and Legacies section of the forums.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    You don’t need to be sorry at all as you weren’t rambling at all! :)
  • Poetry_ParalysisPoetry_Paralysis Posts: 2 New Member
    Heyyy. I’m Abby, I have been playing sims 4 since it came out plus a few months and my accumulation of hours according to origin is over 500 days!!! Yay!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top