Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Audio popping/crackling problems on Mac

Hi everyone. I've been having some audio issues with the Sims 4 on my MacBook Pro Retina 13", every few seconds I hear crackling and popping noises while I'm playing, specially in the loading screens and when music is playing, I'm worried that these noises might be damaging my speakers. This only happens in the Sims 4, I've played many games like Minecraft, Simcity and Civ V and never experienced this issue before.

I tried reinstalling the game (3 times actually) and the audio problems continue. Has anyone experienced this when playing on Mac? I also have the game installed in my Windows PC and it runs without any issues.

This are my specs if it helps:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB
OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

Comments

• Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    I have a little something you could try.
    On your Mac start the application "Audio Midi Setup" (It is easiest to find it with Spotlight or Launchpads searchfield)
    In the list to the left Look for your Built-in audio out (If it is not called that, then I apologies for my translation, my Mac is setup in Danish)
    Here you can try to toy a little with the settings. I have uploaded an image with a few tips for you: db(dot)tt / shTT3T0V
    (I do apologies for the terrible link, I have been in the Mac community since Sims 2, but for some reason, my trusty account doesn't work, had to create a new one, from where I can apparently not post links or images...)

If it doesn't work, the values set on the image, is the defaults.
  • CoquelaloCoquelalo Posts: 3 New Member
    @Lunder89 thanks for the tip! I changed the settings with the image you uploaded but the crackling/popping noises keep happening. However, when I changed the format to 48,000Hz the noises didn't happen as often, but I don't know if its just a coincidence so I changed them back to default. Anyway thanks for your help! :smile:
  • whiskisserwhiskisser Posts: 5 New Member
    I am also having this problem! Can anyone help?
    @Coquelalo‌
    Great feedback. Too bad it didn't help. I have one more, but you may have tried it. Have you tried lowering the audio quality settings in the gane itself?
    If they are low already, maybe putting it into high might help.
  • CoquelaloCoquelalo Posts: 3 New Member
    @Lunder89 yeah I already played with the audio settings in the game and nothing changed :(
    I thought that if I connected my headphones the audio glitches would stop but that didn't work either...
    Well it was worth a try.
  • Oceanicfan427Oceanicfan427 Posts: 1 New Member
    Uuggh this issue has been driving me batty for days now, it only comes when my sims decides to play an instrument or whenever music is playing in the game. Can EA just make ONE game that doesn't have annoying issues with it. Sims 3 it was the exception raised thing that I have had for three [ bleeping ] years now.