Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't save - Sim aging up?

13...Next

Comments

• Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    I've had this issue several times. What I do is I have my sim bake a cake, add birthday candles, and blow them out so they age up. This seems to reset the game and afterwards you can just age them down again. This literally just happened to me and it's worked for me a couple of times. Changing the lifespan never works for me, neither does resetting my sims.
  • NiyabellaNiyabella Posts: 3 New Member
    If it's possible, try to recover your save from before the sim aged up...In the main menu if you go to load game and hit the recover save button, it should give you a list of saves that you can select from in your current household. It's worked for me, so far I haven't had an issue yet. You'll lose some progress, but the game won't be broken anymore...
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I have this issue once so far. Hoping it does not happen again, but it was annoying for sure. I just used the calendar to plan an off lot event like someone here suggested and it worked. I did not wait really long though so it may have gone away. I needed to leave though so I had to exit the game and save somehow.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    This happened to me, it resolves itself if you just keep playing. I think the game is aging up someone in the town.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • sophiebell00sophiebell00 Posts: 4 New Member
    I’ve also just had this problem. Glad you all could sort it because I can’t. Never been as frustrated in my life as I have tonight... or should I say today considering I’m at here at 4 am trying to save a game yet it won’t let me and I’ve tried EVERY suggestion in this forum including wasting a sim by aging her up when I never needed to because it wasn’t going to work anyways. I’ve simply closed the game down and after this absolute shambles I’m never going on it again. In all my years of playing Sims, I’ve never been as peeved off as I am tonight and that’s including the time when I lost my entire progress on Sims 3 (Sims 4 was coming out in like a month so I didn’t care), I had a toddler (the one that aged up and ruined everything) and couldn’t buy it a bed because “cant buy furniture when a sim is aging up” and it was getting aggy and knew social services was going to come and take it away anyways so sacked it off and closed down the entire thing without saving. Poor effort EA, poor effort.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’ve also just had this problem. Glad you all could sort it because I can’t. Never been as frustrated in my life as I have tonight... or should I say today considering I’m at here at 4 am trying to save a game yet it won’t let me and I’ve tried EVERY suggestion in this forum including wasting a sim by aging her up when I never needed to because it wasn’t going to work anyways. I’ve simply closed the game down and after this absolute shambles I’m never going on it again. In all my years of playing Sims, I’ve never been as peeved off as I am tonight and that’s including the time when I lost my entire progress on Sims 3 (Sims 4 was coming out in like a month so I didn’t care), I had a toddler (the one that aged up and ruined everything) and couldn’t buy it a bed because “cant buy furniture when a sim is aging up” and it was getting aggy and knew social services was going to come and take it away anyways so sacked it off and closed down the entire thing without saving. Poor effort EA, poor effort.

I am sorry that you have had this issue occur in your game :( and that none of the workarounds worked for you.
    You may like to press “ me too” on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-save-move-because-game-thinks-a-Sim-is-aging-up/m-p/3456621#M290
    Why? What happens if I type “me too” I’ve read the forum and some of them haven’t been able to be helped neither- I’m literally on my last tether here and thinking of drowning them all in a pool and seeing what happens. It can’t make me play an empty household surely?
    Why? What happens if I type “me too” I’ve read the forum and some of them haven’t been able to be helped neither- I’m literally on my last tether here and thinking of drowning them all in a pool and seeing what happens. It can’t make me play an empty household surely?

By pressing “ me too” and /or posting on the thread, it helps the Developers know that simmers are still having this issue, and the extent of the issue.
    Fair enough, if it helps future gamers that are going to have this problem then I shall
  • Hcroo04Hcroo04 Posts: 4 New Member
    I had this problem, but i waited until my cat aged NATURALLY and it fixed it. I know it wasnt my cat aging up because the problem existed before i even got the cat.
    Hcroo04 wrote: »
    I had this problem, but i waited until my cat aged NATURALLY and it fixed it. I know it wasnt my cat aging up because the problem existed before i even got the cat.

Hello
    It is good that the aging of your cat fixed the issue in your game. It is helpful to know that the aging of pets can also help with this issue.