Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    msarobix wrote: »
    I have just copied my entire Sims 4 folder from the BootCamp/Windows side of my computer and overwrote the one that was created on install. I have not been able to get any of my saves to play. I can load them, but as soon as I click play from the world screen they got to a loading screen and then the game crashes.

Overall my game runs just fine with a NEW save that was created directly on the MAC side.

You should only copy over the Saves folder, not the whole TS4 folder.

apple-signature.png
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    @BluebellFlora‌ Well, I wanted to also get the Saved Sims, and saved lots that I have downloaded from the gallery.
    @BluebellFlora‌ Well, I wanted to also get the Saved Sims, and saved lots that I have downloaded from the gallery.

There are files in the PC folder that are not compatible with the Mac folder. Why don't you just upload the SavedSims to the Gallery then download them from there into your Mac game?
    apple-signature.png
    @bluebellflora Well there are a lot more than just my saved Sims. I wouldn't want to have to go back through and re-download all the other lots that I have gotten from the gallery.

And I had read somewhere that in order to bring over the saves all you had to do was copy the user folder from the PC/Bootcamp and paste it into the MAC side.

In another thread someone said that the TRAY folder is all the stuff that was downloaded, could I just copy that folder as well?
    edited February 2015
    @bluebellflora Okay, I copied just my "Saves" folder and the "Tray" folder over from the Bootcamp and ran the game again, that seemed to do it. I was able to get in and run a save from the PC side and I could see all the downloaded items in "My Gallery".

I am still having the issue where the game crashes at start up, but then when I try to start it again and get a notification that the application closed unexpectantly do I want to still open it, I click yes and the game opens and seems to run fun. And like I already mentioned I get a similar message when trying to run Sims 3. I also tried to launch the game with all the custom content remember, and had the same problem.

And the sound is still a problem, but as soon as I switch to another window and switch back to Sims 4 the sound is fine.
    @msarobix‌

- I believe the Tray folder has all the content from My Library. I moved over just my saves and none of my builds that were in My Library have copied across but my save game is fine.

- The TS3 error message about unexpectedly quitting is a bug that does no harm. I have it too. You can click close and it doesn't cause an issue. I haven't come across it with TS4 yet. Have you tried repairing your game in Origin? Right click on the game image in My Library and select Repair Game.

- My sound is buggy too and I notice that the icon below the Sim's image flickers when she's listening to music. I think it may be a bug but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
    apple-signature.png
  • ChumchaChumcha Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2015
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Chumcha wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks but there should be a number after Intel HD 5000. It tells us how much VRAM your graphics is using. I need this for the other thread you've posted in about graphics too

Oh oops! 1536MB :)

another problem I'm having is in CAS the dragging of their face and body is super slow, even though the game doesnt seem to drop fps otherwise.
    Post edited by Chumcha on
    edited February 2015
    @bluebellflora I will try the repair game and see what happens. Thanks.

Edited: I tried the game repair and that didn't work.
  • TeddybearhoneybeeTeddybearhoneybee Posts: 13 New Member
    Not sure if this is due to the patch or what, but I've been using the rotate feature on the trackpad to rotate the camera in my game and it worked perfectly until tonight. I installed the patch, opened the game and clicked my household and the rotate didn't work anymore. I tried to restart the game, turned the feature on and off, and tried again. It works on other apps and pictures, but not the sims game.
    @bluebellflora I will try the repair game and see what happens. Thanks.

Edited: I tried the game repair and that didn't work.

How about moving the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder out onto your desktop, let the game recreate a new one and see how that performs. If it's ok put back in just your Saves folder. Maybe it's all got a bit muddled up with the move over from Windows and swapping folders in and out. This way will reset your game initially until you put your saves back in.
    apple-signature.png
  • VeeonkuhhVeeonkuhh Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi!
    I have a problem with my game. I play for a few minutes, completely fine and then it just starts lagging incredibly. I've tried less graphics, and same problem. I exit the game and come back, and it's still lagging unless I right click and 'repair game' on origin. That works for a few minutes, and then again with the lag. It's almost unplayable and the patch didn't fix anything.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
    Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB

Official EA DLC/EPs installed (Outdoor Retreat)

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? No

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? Evernote and Spotify, but I've tried it with no background tasks at all, still lags.

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? Nope, none!
    Post edited by Veeonkuhh on
    edited February 2015
    @bluebellflora Okay I did some testing last night and I think I have gotten it to work. I had more than 20 package files in my Mod folder and I think that might have been my main problem. I am trying to figure out how to modify the resources.cfg file so that it will accept more files. I am looking into this in another thread.

Edited: Just realized that what I though was a fix for the CC content was actually a fix for another problem. I guess I will just have to wait for EA to fix this problem. I don't want to edit my OS to make the game work with CC.
    The Terminal command should be relatively safe. SimGuruModSquad has said that you'd need to enter it every time you restart your Mac so you're not changing anything permanently.
    apple-signature.png
  • luckythreesluckythrees Posts: 3 New Member
    Whenever my sim serves a plate of food when i hover over the plate with curser the plate glitches out into a weird shape, also every now and then when I move the camera view it glitches out and takes a while to catch up. Sorry if posted in the wrong place. I'm playing on MAC.
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    Starting today, my sims can't cook food anymore. :S I even tried deleting the refrigerator and buying a new one but no matter who I choose to cook something the command just disappears by itself. I hope my sims won't starve to death... Anyone else experiencing this?
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Starting today, my sims can't cook food anymore. :S I even tried deleting the refrigerator and buying a new one but no matter who I choose to cook something the command just disappears by itself. I hope my sims won't starve to death... Anyone else experiencing this?

Could be this bug?

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/sims-cant-cook-anymore/
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    In regards to the Cheat Window not coming up, have people changed any of the Origin preferences?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    I've played with all of the settings. Default, etc. Last night I even went to time machine and went to a previous state. Which let me to a bit of a panic state since it got hung up on rebooting, and I had to wind up reinstalling Yosemite all together. Was hopeful this morning when I loaded a fresh game. It has been updated to the latest patch/version; however CTRL + SHIFT + C still doesn't work... :expressionless:
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Did you change any of your Origin preferences?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • MelymacMelymac Posts: 88 Member
    I just got a weird glitch after playing for about 2 days now, not sure if its mac-related but one of my Sims will no longer go to work, it says he's there, but he doesn't leave the house, and I can't make him go to work. So far it hasn't affected his job performance but, still weird
  • rickyvannrickyvann Posts: 5 New Member
    So happy with the game, it works very well! Even works better than what Sims 3 did on my Mac! The only problem I'm getting is the greyed out windows, bit annoying but I can live with that for a bit. The windows on doors however are perfectly fine, bit odd!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
    Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: None

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? No

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? None

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? No
  • TeddybearhoneybeeTeddybearhoneybee Posts: 13 New Member
    I opened up my game today, and got an error 22 when I changed a sim's hair. I removed the bad CC, and I reopened by game and it went back to an old saved game from days ago?! What happened?!
  • HugahavHugahav Posts: 7 New Member
    I've been having intermittent issues with lag when I first start the game. It's fine up to the point I select a household to play, then when gameplay starts, it lags very badly. I've been able to correct it by opening the game options and selecting either windowed or fullscreen, whichever is different from the current settings. I don't understand how this fixes it, but it does, at least for now. This has been an issue off and on since I installed the game, before I added any CC or the new GP so I don't think they are the problem.

Mac model: iMac 27", late 2009
    Processor: (2.8 GHz Intel Core i7)
    Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
    Operating System: (OS X Mavericks 10.9.5)

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: Outdoor Retreat

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? ClamXav, Clean My Mac

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? Time Machine, Dropbox

Do you have any CC/mods installed? No Mosaic, Men's Body Hair package, 2 paintings packages (I can give the filenames if you need them).
    edited February 2015
    Hugahav wrote: »
    I've been having intermittent issues with lag when I first start the game. It's fine up to the point I select a household to play, then when gameplay starts, it lags very badly. I've been able to correct it by opening the game options and selecting either windowed or fullscreen, whichever is different from the current settings. I don't understand how this fixes it, but it does, at least for now. This has been an issue off and on since I installed the game, before I added any CC or the new GP so I don't think they are the problem.

Mac model: iMac 27", late 2009
    Processor: (2.8 GHz Intel Core i7)
    Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
    Operating System: (OS X Mavericks 10.9.5)

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: Outdoor Retreat

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? ClamXav, Clean My Mac

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? Time Machine, Dropbox

Do you have any CC/mods installed? No Mosaic, Men's Body Hair package, 2 paintings packages (I can give the filenames if you need them).

Can you close Time Machine and Dropbox and see if it makes a difference? And ClamXav.

apple-signature.png
  • HugahavHugahav Posts: 7 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:

> Can you close Time Machine and Dropbox and see if it makes a difference? And ClamXav.

Thanks @BluebellFlora, I'll give it a try. I thought TM might be causing a problem so I closed it before playing yesterday but had the same problem. I'll try closing Dropbox today and see what happens. ClamXav has very limited real time capabilities, which I haven't enabled. The only time it's active is when I manually start a scan. I'll update with the results.